Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eating a cake

Have you ever eaten an entire cak on your own? If yes in how many sittings? Please take my pole!

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2020 5:42 PM

What kind of shape is your Pole in?

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2020 3:57 AM

If you eat entire cakes in one sitting, I doubt anyone can take your pole without the assistance of trapeze or perhaps a back hoe.

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2020 4:00 AM

[quote] Have you ever eaten an entire cak on your own?

Several times since breakfast this morning. Why?

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2020 4:18 AM

I have a very difficult time believing more of you haven’t eaten an entire cake in one sitting.

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2020 4:19 AM

Quick, let's ask for Lizzo's gravy recipe while she's here.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2020 4:21 AM

Yes but in like 3-4 days

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2020 4:29 AM

2 days, but one layer and no frosting.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2020 4:33 AM

Without frosting I wouldn’t bother eating it

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2020 3:07 PM

I regularly down an Entenmann's white frosted chocolate cake in one sitting.

It's only a one layer cake, so I don't want any wise cracks out of you poor, pathetic skinny bitches.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2020 3:17 PM

Surely this is some kind of parody post -- isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2020 3:19 PM

Yes, I ate an entire cak with graxy while I had earrings and caftans on and watched [italic]The Golden Girls[/italic]. I am Datalounge, hear me roar!

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2020 3:21 PM

Of course. It's mostly air. But I scraped a lot of the icing off.

I've also eaten a whole pizza.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2020 3:23 PM

I love cake and I'm not one of those people who asks for just a tiny sliver but one generous slice is enough.

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2020 3:25 PM

Trust me, OP, you don't wanna know.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2020 3:26 PM

In college, when I was pretty depressed, I would go to the grocery store late at night and buy milk and one of those square Pepperidge Farms frozen cakes. It would defrost just enough on the walk home that I could sit on my bed in my dorm room and eat the whole thing. I would do this just about every Friday night when my roommate was staying with his girlfriend. Maybe every other Friday. I would either get a coconut one or German chocolate. My favorite, for whatever reason, was some sort of citrus one that was a lemon cake with orange icing. I think it was called a Sunshine Cake or something, and it wasn't always available.

I had to eat it when it was a little bit frozen because there was something satisfying about the cold firmness of the icing and how it would sort of chip off in big square pieces.

Luckily, by my sophomore year, I got a little happier and broke my habit. They still make those damn cakes, and whenever I see them in the store, my brain immediately bounces back to that depressing dorm room.

I guess it was better than being a drug addict, but it was pretty close.

I have never admitted this to anyone before.

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2020 3:48 PM

Oh. My. God. R15 You are not alone. Those were fucking amazing. I'm not sure if I ever ate a whole one in one sitting, but damn sure came close. Those things were HEAVEN. I love how the frosting between the layers is different than than on the outside of the cake, way fluffier and whipped. I'm sorry that was a depressing time for you, but applaud your choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2020 7:31 PM

It even says it on the box: Yummy AND delicious.^^

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2020 7:32 PM

No. I can eat a lot of cake but I’ve never made or bought one just for myself. Can’t imagine doing that.

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2020 7:48 PM

“Francine Fishpaw lives at 538 Wyman Way. She weighs 300 pounds, and is an alcoholic! She eats an entire cake at one sitting. You should see her stretch marks! Because of her drunkenness, both of her children are delinquents. She's the hairiest woman I've ever laid eyes on!“

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2020 7:52 PM

Anyone ever eaten an entire yellow cak from a box?

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2020 8:34 PM

Angel food cake, yes. Easily.

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2020 9:32 PM

Not a cake but I can eat a whole pie pretty easily.

by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2020 9:38 PM

During university when I came home my mom would always send me back with a ton of food. She gave me a whole apple pie several times. I don't remember a cake but I'm sure it happened too. I'd usually try to make the food last the week, but in case of depression, like R15, all bets were off.

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2020 10:06 PM

OP (Miss Pig Walrus, Esq.) is unaware cakes come in any size but "full sheet."

by Anonymousreply 24January 22, 2020 10:11 PM

Many years back while going through a depression I made a cake from scratch with frosting before work. It was a huge chocolate cake made in a 10 inch tube pan. Came home for lunch and ate a third of it, ate another third at night and the last third the next day. I still eat when I'm depressed but fortunately my acid reflux keeps me from eating a ginormous chocolate cake in 36 hours.

by Anonymousreply 25January 22, 2020 10:56 PM

This one's for you, OP and all the other cake-loving compadres on this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2020 1:52 PM

I started a new anti depressant and now I dream about cakes and pies. I have to go back on my old medication and hopefully drop the 20lbs I gained in a month.

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2020 4:16 PM

Sleep-eating, r27?

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2020 4:19 PM

"Not a cake but I can eat a whole pie pretty easily."

She's not lying.

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2020 4:43 PM

It was the thing that kept the four of us together, much like love didn't actually do for the Captain and Tennille.

by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2020 4:49 PM

I have eaten one, but it either took a week, or if longer I popped some of it in the freezer. I'm also a fan of those Pepperidge Farms frozen cakes!

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2020 4:51 PM

[quote]Please take my pole!

Not the first time OP has wailed that at someone running for the door.

by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2020 4:53 PM

I hate cake. It is my least favorite part of any birthday party.

I don't like very sweet things and cake is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2020 4:54 PM

Does anyone remember those commercials in the 70s where there was a table piled high with snack cakes and pies? I've tried to find it but can't. I want to say it was either Tastycake or Hostess, but possibly Little Debbie?

by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2020 5:11 PM

Most birthday cake sucks. I don't eat it, either, especially the Crisco-and-confectioners frosting. But real cake is delicious, a thing to love.

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2020 5:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!