Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Kennedy Jr Biopic

Has anyone done a biopic about John-John? It seems like they've done biopics about everyone else (Roseanne got two). Are they afraid that someone will sue? I mean he dated half of NYC and most of them are still alive. Many still consider him America's Prince. Why no biopic?

by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2020 2:17 PM

Good question op

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2020 8:13 PM

There was one done a few years ago. A no name actor starred in it but I can’t remember the name.

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2020 8:14 PM

He’s alive and working against the deep state.

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2020 8:39 PM

A biopic would be tough to cast that's for sure. I'm sure that spring chicken Sarah Jessica Parker would insist on playing herself. God knows she hasn't aged a day.

There was a documentary a year ago about the last year of his life that Carole Radziwhatever tried to make sound she was more involved in than she actually was. Biography: JFK Jr—The Final Year

If they could make it campy, I would watch it, but he's such an "America's son" icon I doubt anyone would want to make that attempt. I'd love to see John Waters take a stab at it.

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2020 8:41 PM

There have been several movie made about the life of JFK jr. Google is your friend (well not really)

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2020 8:42 PM

They should make one starring James Marsden as JFK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2020 8:45 PM

They would have to do it like Mommie Dearest and change the names of the living, like they did with the maid Carole Ann. All the girlfriends names would have to be changed, Sarah Jessica, Madonna, even Christianne Amanpour.

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2020 8:50 PM

Have you ever heard of the Kennedy curse?

I don't think any scene act would want to play John John, I don't care how much money they pay him.

Bad Poltergeist /Macbeth mojo going on here.

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2020 8:56 PM

*sane actor

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2020 8:57 PM

Will they show him engaging in the homo sex?

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2020 8:58 PM

Beyond gays in basements, he was just not that interesting to America.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2020 9:16 PM

Quentin Tarantino should make it.

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2020 9:21 PM

R6 He's too old. There was a TV movie with some guy who looked nothing like him. Forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2020 9:42 PM

[quote] Has anyone done a biopic about John-John?

Because he never did anything, except start a vanity magazine no one read. What events could a biopic possibly detail other than his death, and his saluting his father's coffin at age 3?

Just because he was highly fuckable doesn't mean he was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2020 10:13 PM

[quote]What events could a biopic possibly detail other than his death, and his saluting his father's coffin at age 3?

His dealing with what his mother wanted him to be. He tried to be a lawyer like his mother wanted and that didn't work out for him and that's why he started the magazine. The general restlessness of a man whose famous family and country had great expectations for him which he couldn't fulfill.

by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2020 10:21 PM

he did nothing important enough to warrant immortalization.

born rich and famous, was beautiful, slept around and dropped dead. other than his money and fame (and incredible looks) he sounds like a regular person in accomplishments. so who would care?

by Anonymousreply 16January 20, 2020 10:56 PM

Maybe a trip to Grey Gardens would liven things up: John John meets Little Edie and the Marble Faun.

by Anonymousreply 17January 20, 2020 11:05 PM

There was a made-for-TV movie in the early 2000s titled AMERICA'S PRINCE:THE JOHN F. KENNEDY JR. STORY starring Jacqueline Bissett as 'Jackie Onassis' and Portia De Rossi as 'Carolyn Bessette.' I remember looking forward to it and watching it, but I can't recall if it was any good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2020 1:55 PM

R18 I thought it was ok to watch once and then forget about it.

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2020 2:06 PM

That guy at r18 looks like a total milquetoast as JFK Jr. That would be the problem with any biopic. You could never find anyone as handsome as him.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2020 2:08 PM

He was gay. He only dated well known beards like Jessica Parker. Quite transparent.

by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2020 2:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!