Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman intentionally crashes car into oncoming traffic as a test of "faith"

A Pennsylvania woman intentionally drove into oncoming traffic in a twisted effort to test her faith, state police allege — and although she survived without injuring herself, the crash injured two other motorists.

Nadejda Reilly, 31, was allegedly driving along Route 93 on Jan. 7 and awaiting a calling from God when she decided to slam into another vehicle in the Weatherly area of Carbon County, Pennsylvania, investigators said.

Two people in the other vehicle were hospitalized with injuries — but that apparently inspired no remorse from Reilly.

“Reilly related [that] God took care of her by not having her injured,” wrote Trooper Bruce Balliet in an arrest affidavit.

{bold]“Reilly expressed no concerns or remorse for the victims. Reilly also stated she did not care if the other people were injured because God would have taken care of them.” [/bold]

Reilly is currently jailed without bail and facing charges of aggravated assault.

Her lawyer, Andrew Theyken Bench, filed a notice with the court that Reilly plans to waive her formal arraignment in Carbon County court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2020 12:43 AM

Well she is going to get the real test of faith in prison. Is there a picture of her. Is she going to be pass around Sue, the new fresh meat. She's going to have to work a little for the Top Dog once she arrives.

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2020 4:03 PM

She'll get off on an insanity plea. People who aren't mentally ill don't hear voices in their head telling them to do things.

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2020 4:06 PM

Is this a flashback episode of OITNB?

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote]She'll get off on an insanity plea. People who aren't mentally ill don't hear voices in their head telling them to do things.

Can you file a civil suit against someone who passes the legal definition of non compos mentis that would make them not criminally responsible for their actions?

This woman should be put in jail or EVERY person who believes in religion should be institutionalized.

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2020 4:25 PM

Was "Jesus Take The Wheel" on her iPod?

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2020 4:28 PM

Why aggravated assault and not attempted murder? Her rationale is essentially the same as that of a suicide bomber.

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2020 4:31 PM

Let’s try that test of faith in a ‘65 Ford Falcon and see how she makes out.

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2020 4:35 PM

Nadejda Reilly: JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL!

Jesus: No. Bitch you crazy.

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2020 4:40 PM

I Don't Know Her.

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2020 4:41 PM

Reminds me of that Onion piece about the woman getting killed after seeing sex dolls floating in the air. She thinks they are angels and the Rapture is happening. She climbs thru the sun roof saying "taking me Jesus" or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2020 5:21 PM

Here's her Twitter account. Looks like what I expected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2020 5:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2020 5:35 PM

I don't know why everyone is so upset, especially the people in the other cars that were injured. We need to respect this brave Christian warrior's right to express her sincerely held religious beliefs!

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2020 5:36 PM

[quote] Reminds me of that Onion piece about the woman getting killed after seeing sex dolls floating in the air. She thinks they are angels and the Rapture is happening. She climbs thru the sun roof saying "taking me Jesus" or something like that.

That was an episode of "Six Feet Under." She runs out of her car, saying "Take me, Jesus" and gets hit on the highway by a semi.

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2020 5:45 PM

on her twitter page : author of Ukrainian Cuisine With An American Touch And Ingredients” both gluten and gluten-free versions.

by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2020 5:50 PM

[quote]Why aggravated assault and not attempted murder? Her rationale is essentially the same as that of a suicide bomber.

Don't you know Christians can't be terrorists?

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2020 5:04 PM

R14 it was an Onion piece first, I think. I remember reading it on the Onion and then saw Six Feet Under but here's the Snopes piece on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2020 11:54 PM

Stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2020 12:07 AM

I guess there's no way the gov't can check for this kind of disability when deciding whether to issue a license to drive. Not that her type would refrain from driving just because she wasn't licensed. So she just has to be gotten off the streets -- jailed if she's found guilty or confined to an asylum if she's acquitted by reason of insanity (in either case, forever, I hope).

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2020 12:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!