Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British journalist implies Meghan Markle is a hypocrite for being friendly with Trudeau after it was revealed he blacked up

Whilst "playing the race card" against her critics and the UK press. Camilla Tominey a former royal reporter made this point on breakfast tv in the UK today.It was quite prominent on social media with most agreeing Meghan is being inconsistent and selectively morally outraged when it suits.

Does she have a good underlying point?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 23, 2020 10:58 AM

she is a hypocrite for calling herself a feminist and then associating herself with a monarchy

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2020 2:14 PM

That too r1

That's why her desire to make the monarchy 'progressive' is an oxymoron and big contradiction.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2020 2:17 PM

There is a difference between being friendly with someone who wore blackface in college and apologized for it and being openly called names in the press because of the color of your skin, There is an article that shows 20 headlines between Kate and Meghan where they are blatantly negative to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2020 2:21 PM

Before we take any more information from British journalists as gospel, give this a look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2020 2:21 PM

r3 All royals receive lots of negative press overtime,some arguably much worse than what Meghan received. Trudeau apologised because he got caught and an election was on the horizon. How sincere was that apology? Meghan can forgive Trudeau but then acting all morally outraged over perceived racism just carries a lot less moral weight.. Are you telling me if Trudeau had not off apologised then she would have fallen out with him??šŸ˜

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2020 2:26 PM

The man hits a woman, dresses in blackface and the Canadians think it's so wonderful they reelect him. Shows you what kind of a country Canada is

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2020 2:27 PM

The man hits a woman, dresses in blackface and the Canadians think it's so wonderful they reelect him. Shows you what kind of a country Canada is

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2020 2:27 PM

Bullshit - damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. So what is she supposed to do - snub a leader of a country in her role? And Macron is not a racist - he did blackface once over 20 years ago.

Sorry but the English are making every excuse possible to demonize Meghan. No I don't agree with this columnist. And good for them for leaving that viper pit island of a country.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2020 2:27 PM

r3 Wasnt it in 2001?? How old would Trudeau have been then?Old enough to know better I'm sure. He is older than me and I've always known it is wrong to do black face.

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2020 2:28 PM

Megs is a narcissist and grifter. Whatever serves her purposes, and hypocrisy be damned.

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2020 2:29 PM

r6 WOW I've never heard Trudeau hit a woman?

r8 Well she snubbed Trump when he visited the uk so why not Trudeau?

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2020 2:29 PM

[quote] There is a difference between being friendly with someone who wore blackface in college

No, not just "in college". He did it numerous times.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2020 2:32 PM

Don't you see? Meghan is the victim, no matter what. When it comes to Trudeau, he's a liberal, so he can't be racist because he has the moral high ground over Republicans. He's one of your betters, just like Meghan. The same rules do not apply to liberals as they do Republicans. Anyone with two eyes and a 5 second attention span who isn't on the left or right can see that. Mind your manners, plebians. We don't know any better. That's why they're up there and we're down here. The elites are just trying to help you for your own good!

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2020 2:34 PM

R11 yes, he's a woman beater. I've noticed over time that the more someone feels the need to show off what a great, wonderful, woke person they are, the more likely they are anything BUT great, or wonderful. Woke? Sure. But great people? That's debatable...

by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2020 2:38 PM

R11, it was ā€˜Elbowgate.ā€™ Trudeau bumped into NDP MP Ruth-Ellen Brosseau in the House of Commons and she grabbed her chest and moaned in ā€˜painā€™ and everyone made hay with it.

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2020 2:40 PM

The case of Trudeau tells you everything you really need to understand about Canadian liberalism. Everything.

I went to a boarding school that was a direct competitor to the one Justin taught at when he did the blackface thing, he was a teacher at St. George's at the same time I was a student at [name redacted]. I went to St. George's to play rugby and with the school jazz band, etc.

In no way was it considered OK to do blackface at that time, in that milieu. I know, because I was there. It would have very likely gotten you expelled if you tried it, as a student. At a minimum suspended. Nobody, absolutely nobody, thought that kind of thing was acceptable, or not a big deal. It was considered completely offensive and had a teacher at my school done it, he *would* have been fired with no appeal. The only explanation for Justin is stupidity and the fact that he's a Trudeau, a name with a HUGE amount of swing in this country.

How the hell Justin got off with that frat boy apology of his... tells you, as I said, everything you really need to understand about Canadian liberalism. It is exactly one millimeter deep and often simply cast aside without a thought if it gets in the way.

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2020 2:40 PM

Here is the article. I know the royals get bad press sometimes but here you can obviously see - they are treating Meghan differently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote] How the hell Justin got off with that frat boy apology of his

The only people in Canada that believe Justin Trudeau is a racist are (1) Canadians who support Donald Trump over Trudeau (2) Members of Black Lives Matter Canada

Other than that about 75% of Canadians don't believe Justin Trudeau is a racist

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2020 2:43 PM

Not the point r18. Reread, please.

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2020 2:45 PM

r14 Was it his wife or a family member?šŸ˜®

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2020 2:46 PM

It IS the point. R18 perfectly highlights political hypocrisy.

If we like you, we'll apologize and defend you, no matter how hypocritical it is.

If we don't like you, you're racist, abusive trash.

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2020 2:50 PM

Extra, extra, read all about it ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2020 2:50 PM

[quote] If we like you, we'll apologize and defend you, no matter how hypocritical it is.

Trump supporters do the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2020 2:53 PM

Maybe she's a hypocrite for marrying a guy who dressed up as a Nazi?

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2020 2:53 PM

R6: You post that in every fucking thread. He didnā€™t hit a woman, you Cro-Magnon.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2020 2:58 PM

[quote] If we like you, we'll apologize and defend you, no matter how hypocritical it is.

[quote] Trump supporters do the same thing.

The reason why people take Justin Trudeau at his word about being sorry for (1) hitting the woman (2) Blackface

is that BEFORE those incidents were revealed, Trudeau advocated and IMPLEMENTED policies that were pro-women, pro-feminism and pro-radicalized communities.

So that is why Canadians are willing to give Trudeau a pass, because his actions proved he walked the walk, not just talked the talk.

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2020 3:02 PM

I know this thread is about Meghan, but fuck her. Seriously. The only people that like are her delusional, victim loving fans.

Trudeau has fucked up countless times. He's proven himself to be a virtue signalling, gas lighting, typically corrupt politician elitist. Here he is stumbling over his words to come up with a suitable lie when he's caught vacationing with the Aga Khan on his private island, violating the Conflict of Interest Act. It still makes me laugh, in a sad kind of way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2020 3:03 PM

R27 then who did you vote for in the October election?

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2020 3:05 PM

R28 I'm not Canadian, just a foreign observer. But if I was, I wouldn't have voted because Canada is a majority Liberal nation anyway.

by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2020 3:09 PM

Can someone with time and photoshop skills put together a side by side of Meghan positive headlines v Kate (or whomever) negative headlines? That buzzfeed graphic has taken on a life of its own and has made quite an impression on people for whom pictures are more powerful than logic.

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2020 3:20 PM

r28 I'm not Canadian, just a MAGA lover. But if I was, I would try my best to get Donald Trump elected in Canada.

There I fixed it for you!

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2020 3:27 PM

oops i mean r29 - damn my fat maga fingers! Maga!

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2020 3:27 PM

From the Guardian article.

[quote]The third level is the storytellers. Almost everything we think we know about this couple is filtered through journalists. It is unusually difficult to judge the reliability of most royal reporting because it is a world almost devoid of open or named sources. So, in order to believe what weā€™re being told, we have to take it on trust that there are currently legions of ā€œaidesā€, ā€œpalace insidersā€, ā€œfriendsā€ and ā€œsenior courtiersā€ constantly WhatsApping their favourite reporters with the latest gossip. It has been known to happen. Maybe they are, maybe they arenā€™t. We just donā€™t know.

[quote]But trust in this third dimension is further compromised by the fact that none of the major players filtering this story for our consumption is exactly a disinterested bystander. All three of the major newspaper groups most obsessed with Harry and Meghan are themselves being sued by the couple for assorted breaches of privacy and copyright. There is, to any reasonable eyes, a glaring conflict of interest that, for the most part, goes undeclared.

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2020 3:32 PM

[quote]For some years now ā€“ largely unreported ā€“ two chancery court judges have been dealing with literally hundreds of cases of phone hacking against MGN Ltd and News Group, the owners, respectively, of the Daily Mirror and the Sun (as well as the defunct News of the World).

[quote]The two publishers are, between them, forking out eye-watering sums to avoid any cases going to trial in open court. Because the newspaper industry lobbied so forcefully to scrap the second part of the Leveson inquiry, which had been due to shine a light on such matters, we can only surmise what is going on.

[quote]But there are clues. Mirror Group (now Reach) had by July 2018 set aside more than Ā£70m to settle phone-hacking claims without risking any of them getting to court. The BBC reported last year that the Murdoch titles had paid out an astonishing Ā£400m in damages and calculated that the total bill for the two companies could eventually reach Ā£1bn.

by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2020 3:33 PM

[quote]Publicly available court documents detail the alleged involvement of Rupert Murdochā€™s son James and the reinstated CEO of News UK, Rebekah Brooks, in suppressing or concealing the true extent of wrongdoing within the Murdoch titles. The Sunā€™s official position is to ā€œnot admitā€ any unlawful activity, while simultaneously shelling out enormous sums so that this position can never be tested.

[quote]Over at the Mirror Group, there is a similar shyness about allowing daylight into the activities of past executives. Former Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan, one of the most vehement critics of the royal couple, does not find time or space to let his readers or viewers know that his name crops up very many times in the generic phone-hacking litigation particulars of claims in front of Mann. Morgan may be entirely innocent, but if you spend your time pouring venom over a claimant in a case that might touch on your own conduct, youā€™d think there was at least an interest to declare ā€“ every single time you do it.

[quote]And then there is the further legal action by Meghan against Associated Newspapers claiming assorted breaches of copyright, privacy and data protection. The Mail on Sunday claims ā€œhuge and legitimate public interestā€ in publishing extracts from a private letter from Meghan to her father. We shall see, but meanwhile thereā€™s no harm in portraying her as a ruthless hypocrite and gold-digger. If Morganā€™s on hand with the vitriol, everyoneā€™s happy.

by Anonymousreply 35January 19, 2020 3:36 PM

[quote]So, when reading about Harry and Meghan, it really does pay to keep your wits about you. There is a surface level to the story ā€“ not all of it untrue ā€“ and there are many anonymous sources of varying degrees of reliability to give colour and context. And, in the background, there are quite a lot of worried newspaper executives and former editors, who have absolutely zero interest in treating the couple kindly or even-handedly.

[quote]The metrics are irresistible: this couple sell newspapers and attract eyeballs by the billion. There is little hope that editors are going to dial down their coverage. But there is kindness; and there is fairness; and there is honesty. A little bit of each of those would help the rest of us understand better and trust more.

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2020 3:37 PM

R31 it's actually possible for someone to be an independent voter who's not on the left or right and votes based on policy, not what my favorite color is. Then again, how would such an ignorant and intolerant person like yourself understand such nuance?

by Anonymousreply 37January 19, 2020 3:40 PM

They're right. It makes me so angry that Trudeau is getting a pass from this just because he's well liked by the twitter mobs who would typically do the cancelling. If he was anybody else people would be foaming at the mouth and demanding his head on a spike, but because he's the Obama of Canada he gets a pass. It is hypocrisy. Hypocrisy at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 38January 19, 2020 3:42 PM

Theyā€™re both excused for their blackface. I donā€™t know why.

by Anonymousreply 39January 19, 2020 3:43 PM

R39 read R26 for your answer

by Anonymousreply 40January 19, 2020 3:44 PM

R30, perhaps I will do one that shows all the negative headlines about Kate and the buttlicking ones about Woke Meghan.

You could play that game all day.

by Anonymousreply 41January 19, 2020 3:44 PM

Canadians are willing to give him a pass because they like him. Actions speak louder than words is a bullshit deflection. This is the equivalent of the kid in school that gets away with misbehaving and breaking every single rule because he's the principal's son. We no longer live in a just society, and I know, "MARY!!", but when certain people's punishment for a crime outweighs another's for the same crime simply because the latter person has more celebrity and belongs to a certain party... well... that's when you know justice has died.

by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2020 3:46 PM

F&F the obsessed Markle twat/OP.

by Anonymousreply 43January 19, 2020 3:48 PM

Can we just get the car crash over with please? The press this woman keeps getting is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 44January 19, 2020 4:56 PM

R30: Awww, poor little loon, doesn't like that reality destroys your anti-Markle narrative?

R44: As soon as the retards in this thread stop obsessing over her and linking to every right wing hate tabloid in the UK, it will cease. So never, in other words.

by Anonymousreply 45January 19, 2020 5:08 PM

R6 is a shit stirring Rebel Media troll. Trudeau didnā€™t hit anybody.

by Anonymousreply 46January 19, 2020 8:28 PM

[quote] As soon as the retards in this thread stop obsessing over her and linking to every right wing hate tabloid in the UK, it will cease. So never, in other words.

When she dies, we better not have 24/7 coverage for months, with headlines reading "Death of a [former] duchess".

by Anonymousreply 47January 20, 2020 12:36 PM

By the time Megs dies, she will no longer be a Duchess, former or otherwise. She will be long forgotten. Five years from now, there'll be a WHET Meghan Markel thread.

by Anonymousreply 48January 20, 2020 12:59 PM

R48, let's hope so.

by Anonymousreply 49January 20, 2020 1:05 PM

If the poster who levels accusation of beating women wants to be taken seriously, he'd provide some evidence as to where and who with a link. You see it's really not hard if you try, R6/R14:

[quote]Maybe she's a hypocrite for marrying a guy who dressed up as a Nazi?

How about marrying a man who used the terms Paki and raghead? And was stupid enough to be recording it!

[quote]In one extract his camera pans round his colleagues, sleeping in the RAF departure lounge while waiting for their flight. Homing in on one fellow cadet, the prince is heard to say, quietly: "Ah, our little Paki friend Ahmed."

[quote]Another sequence, taken at night, has him filming a fellow cadet wearing a camouflage hood with the remark: "It's Dan the Man. Fuck me, you look like a raghead. Look at me, look at me ... look away," with which his colleague complied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 20, 2020 6:11 PM

And this is an example of people being willfully obtuse. Justin did blackface once decades ago. In the interim, he spent his time enacting policies and supporting initiatives that have benefitted minority groups. The people Markle is accurately labeling as racist are behaving in a racist manner now and via ongoing harassment. DLers can't dismiss her by claiming she's "playing the race" and lying out of line the criticism is when there with people calling her child an "octocoon" and claiming he (Archie) is defective. All the people whining about Markle calling them racist are hit dogs hollering.

by Anonymousreply 51January 20, 2020 11:55 PM

[quote] The people Markle is accurately labeling as racist are behaving in a racist manner now and via ongoing harassment

Could you please specify in a more pin-pointed manner who they are (besides Piers Morgan & Co? We know he's a cunt who'd fuck his mother) Like I said at R50, you need to be more precise and provide evidence. Yeah, Trudeau's a rich boy asshole, as is/was Prince Philip, and Prince Harry's complete and total breach of anything remotely human, yet Meghan married him.

But please let us know precisely who you think fits the bill. Actually, as you know, Markle has never personally labeled any individual as racist, unless you know something we don't and can provide evidence for your contention.

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2020 1:30 AM

[quote] And this is an example of people being willfully obtuse. Justin did blackface once decades ago.

Once? He's admitted to at LEAST four times (because there were pics). . And you're accusing others of being willfully obtuse?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2020 2:29 AM

r37 bull shit - you call yourself independant because you don't want people to know you are a trumpster. I know your type. Policy my ass, name any policy the GOP has put out that has done any good. You are the "I votred for Trump, but I am not FOR Trump" guy.

by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2020 3:22 AM

What about the female beating claims? Is anyone going to stand up to these and provide evidence and due diligence?

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2020 4:10 AM

I'm not r37 but can tell you Trump is doing great things getting immigration back in line and stopping this egregious "refugee" resettlement.

by Anonymousreply 56January 22, 2020 8:10 AM

As a minority, if I consistently avoided or took issue with everyone that has ever said or implied something offensive, I would never leave the house.

I still don't understand why some of you bitches are still talking about this lady and her husband.

The British are the worst kind of racists, they'll try to destroy you if you even for a second forget 'your place' and smile as they stick the knife in, pretending it wasn't them.

I like Meghan and Harry, but I wouldn't find them interesting enough to talk about for so long. I've blocked thread after thread, week after week.

by Anonymousreply 57January 22, 2020 8:37 AM

And yet you posted on this one, R57.

by Anonymousreply 58January 22, 2020 12:26 PM

Trudeau and Markle both enjoy blackface.

by Anonymousreply 59January 23, 2020 10:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!