Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cooking with champagne

What should I expect having used Champagne in beef stew instead of red wine?

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2020 3:27 PM

A hangover with vomiting.

Toss it and order a pizza.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2020 9:31 PM

A deep feeling of regret.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2020 9:32 PM

A bitch-slapping by Norma Zimmer.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2020 2:18 AM

It was fine. Worked like white wine.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 2:56 PM

Violent diarrhea

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 2:58 PM

Tiny bubbles of beefiness.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2020 2:59 PM

Every French person will hate you for all eternity.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2020 3:06 PM

Champagne works well, for stews with mushrooms. But a waste of money. Will do it in a pinch, though.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2020 3:54 PM

Try Heineken or Corona beer in cooking. (Other brands might work, but I've only tried those two.) Guinness dark beer, I did try. Too overpowering.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2020 4:32 PM

For a dark beer to cook with, try Shiner Bock R9. Not as heavy as Guiness as Shiner is not a stout.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2020 3:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!