Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bloomberg makes his case to Dems on Capitol Hill

The billionaire New Yorker pitched himself to lawmakers as a centrist who can invest heavily in swing states against Trump:

“I came away thinking, you know, this guy could win,” said Rep. Juan Vargas (D-Calif.), who attended back-to-back meetings with Bloomberg on Thursday.

When Vargas asked the former mayor how he could actually secure the nomination, Bloomberg pointed out that “no one’s gotten the Democratic Party around them.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2020 7:16 PM

Mini Mike will get any support

by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2020 12:55 AM

The campaign trail is good training ground to win and be POTUS. He's skipping the whole trail.

by Anonymousreply 2January 17, 2020 12:57 AM

I am not interested in another billionaire president

by Anonymousreply 3January 17, 2020 12:58 AM

How does this work? Is he on the ballots? What does he know that we don’t? Seems like a long shot from here.

Why isn’t he in the debates?

by Anonymousreply 4January 17, 2020 12:58 AM

I’m here for Bloomberg, was disappointed when he didn’t initially run, but he seeing there’s no leader and he’s perfect to fill the gap he’s stepping in.

by Anonymousreply 5January 17, 2020 1:01 AM

No More Oligarchs! No More Oligarchs! No More Oligarchs No More Oligarchs! No More Oligarchs! No More Oligarchs! No More Oligarchs No More Oligarchs!

by Anonymousreply 6January 17, 2020 1:01 AM

He thinks he can cruise in whenever he wants. And he might be right. If he's smart he won't walk back Stop and Frisk so much to appeal more to Trump's base. But even with all the shit built up around him since Day One, Trump could win a (choke) second term.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2020 1:02 AM

An actual billionaire vs a pretend one.

by Anonymousreply 8January 17, 2020 1:03 AM

Bloomberg has said he will spend his money to elect the Democratic nominee even if it isn't him. So why do we need him running, just need his money. As many people don't care for him as there are who do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 17, 2020 1:05 AM

Bloomberg will bring back Prohibition. The Nanny Mayor.

by Anonymousreply 10January 17, 2020 1:05 AM

He looks very shifty

by Anonymousreply 11January 17, 2020 1:11 AM

At least Bloomberg actually ran an 8 million person city for 8 years.

As opposed to the other billionaire whose answer to why he'd be a good C-I-C was "I've traveled all over the world" (and the concierges at the Four Seasons and I always got along dashingly!)

by Anonymousreply 12January 17, 2020 1:13 AM

I’d like to at least see him in the debates and hear him out.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2020 1:20 AM

SF mayor London Breed endorsed him today. I'm stumped.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 4:27 PM

Rep. Vargas, you are why Trump will win again in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2020 5:11 PM

Hey, let’s just put the presidency up for sale every four years!

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2020 5:15 PM

He's not going to qualify for any Democratic debates because there is a requirement for a minimum number of individual donors, while he's 100% self-funded.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2020 5:21 PM

You're wrong, R12. He "ran" NYC for 12 years, because he decided to flout term limits and made himself mayor for another 4. And when he was "running" NYC, he ran it like a business, especially doing business with his real estate developer cronies, to whom he sold the only hospital in the West Village as luxury condos. When he wasn't doing things like trying to tell people what not to drink or eat (really not the job pf a mayor), closing down the protests in Zuccotti Park because, again, it was a nuisance to his cronies, etc.

I've lived in NYC for decades, and he was a lousy mayor. A city isn't a business.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2020 6:02 PM

r17 he shouldn't be allowed to run as a Democrat then.

I wonder if he'll do an Independent run when he fails to get the nomination. It'll be Ross Perot all over again.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2020 6:12 PM

He was a Republican when it suited him, and now he's a Democrat as it suits him. When he doesn't like something like term limits, he ignores them; when he wants something else, he throws money at it. He sucks.

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2020 6:14 PM

He's one of those "I'm just like you, but better!" billionaires who think they're a man of the people but they are really just Calvinists at heart.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2020 6:34 PM

No, R19 - he hates Trump too much to split the vote like that.

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2020 7:13 PM

r22 he doesn't want to be reviled, I expect. But billionaires don't think their shit stinks so he may assume he'll win.

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2020 7:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!