Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kate Middleton Is "Incredibly Hurt" by Prince Harry and "Hates Seeing Her Husband So Upset"

Wondering how Kate Middleton is feeling about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bombshell decision to step down as senior royals? Not great, friends! A source tells Us Weekly that “When Harry was feeling low or had problems, William was always there for him, as was Kate. Kate’s incredibly hurt too. She acted as a mentor to Harry before Meghan came into the picture and hates seeing her husband so upset.”

Meanwhile, William remains distraught by his brother's decision to seek financial independence and spend half the year in North America. “William’s done everything in his power to help his brother over the years and feels totally let down by his ‘reckless’ and ‘selfish’ actions,” the source says. “The way he sees it, Harry’s thrown all the good advice he gave him back in his face.”

The family will be meeting later today for a "summit" as they attempt to find a way forward, and apparently the Queen is “furious” but “urging” William and Harry “to put on a united front.” The problem? “William and Harry refuse to make amends—they’re both being stubborn, especially Harry.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290January 24, 2020 1:20 AM

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2020 9:17 PM

Oh, fuck the vapid Cambridge twats.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2020 9:17 PM

Wow.

At first I didn't believe that William and Kate were putting out manipulative P.R. statements, until reading this.

Looks like they are "on message," and putting out the same information.

There really is a war going on here.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2020 9:18 PM

King William.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2020 9:19 PM

Kate Middleton hasn’t existed since the day she became HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, Boris.

of course she’s going to be upset, now she’ll have to work harder.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2020 9:20 PM

Vapid pot, meet vapid kettle, R1.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2020 9:20 PM

Meghan is a gold-digging bitch and she knew exactly what she was/is doing.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2020 9:21 PM

R4: Queen William the Dramatic?

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2020 9:21 PM

R7: Cry about it some more, you loon.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2020 9:23 PM

They're making this shit up to sell tabloids.

Most of these stories are nothing like what is actually happening.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2020 9:25 PM

And what have they said about you, famous person at R10? That you're a know-it-all cunt?

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2020 9:28 PM

William and Kate KNOW that Harry and Meghan have the upper hand, and they're trying to win the p.r. war.

However, they have no idea how to do it.

Meghan is a pro at this, and she will CRUSH them.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2020 9:29 PM

Spare heirs never fare well. Princess Margaret, Prince Andrew and now Harry. It just doesn't work well. I say if it is what Harry wants good for him. My fear is that Meghan has driven the wedge and Harry is just a dopey victim. I pray William and Harry can repair their relationship - it hurts me to see them in this state given how we watched them grow up and were pulling for them.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2020 9:29 PM

R10: Of course. Every one of these stories is "a source" no one ever talks to the actual parties involved. And the loons then take these "sources" and claim that's what the parties actually said and did. When they don't make up shit about divorce, drugging and moving to LA out of whole cloth.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2020 9:30 PM

All of this has been the best thing to happen to Waity. She is as usless as tits on a rose...I mean bull.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2020 9:31 PM

Why is this so hard to believe? I mean, who knows if it is true but surely they are pissed off. It is a very human reaction. They are part human, after all.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2020 9:31 PM

Princess Anne managed, R13, because she hasn't acted like an entitled cunt like the other three and has actually committed to her charity work.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2020 9:31 PM

Kate has always performed her duty perfectly, William really lucked out.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2020 9:36 PM

I'm sure Queen Elizabeth has been through much, much worse. For example, the huge debacle with Prince Andrew.

Harry is the equivalent of Prince Andrew and Princess Anne. Vis-a-vis William.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2020 10:04 PM

Another bollocking UK style article, so full of shit.

William is not his brothers keeper. He is not some chattel. If he treated his brother as such, no doubt there have been some unpublished black eyes and punch ups. I wouldnt put up with that shit. That the media chooses to portray William as a brothers keeper is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2020 10:17 PM

[quote] Kate Middleton Is "Incredibly Hurt" by Prince Harry and "Hates Seeing Her Husband So Upset"

Never mind Harry, bitch.

You should wonder who your husband is currently sleeping with, and then be "incredibly hurt" and "upset" by that.

Dumb twat.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2020 10:19 PM

They are all racists.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2020 10:20 PM

Screw Kate Middleton.

She's a true bitch when the spotlight is shining directly on her.

[italic] You In Danger, William!

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2020 10:25 PM

Seems like Harry is the only man in that family who actually has a set of balls. But as far as the story in the OP goes, that's pure bullshit. That crap makes it sound like Harry's going away never to be seen or heard from again and William is beside himself with the sads.

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2020 10:26 PM

Meghan hates William and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2020 10:32 PM

R13 is absolutely correct. It doesn’t matter how popular Harry and Meghan are right now. Once William is King and Kate is Queen, they’ll be the most popular people in the royal family period. And by then Markle will be on to her 5th husband having left Harry and his mental issues in the dust decades ago! Indeed history does not favour the spares because it is the heirs who are the stars regardless of whether or not they have a winning or pleasing personality. Even Diana Spencer will be forgotten in a decade or two!

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2020 10:32 PM

[quote]They are all racists.

They are all grifterists, more likely.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2020 10:46 PM

So that's the party line, is it?

Well, it's as good an approach as any, better than anger or attacks. Especially if they follow it with vague mentions of "influences" coming between Harry and his family, and extremely indirect remarks made about how abusers always isolate their victims from family and friends. Time to get involved with domestic violence charities and make this point in public over and over!

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2020 11:35 PM

Any Yahoo link is crap. Up there with Fox crap.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2020 11:43 PM

The "so disappointed" nonsense is ridiculous and is William's camp trying to shame Harry. Of course this makes me think less of Kate, too, since she clearly approved this information being sent to the press.,

William did it recently with the "I can't put my arm around my brother" manipulative nonsense, and before that with the "I'm worried about Harry" after the documentary from Africa.

It's designed to manipulate the other person into doing what you want, by shaming them, making them seem emotional, and making William look like he's "just a concerned brother!" (who happens to be leaking to the press rather than actually reaching out).

He's an asshole and I wish more stories about him would leak. He's a manipulative sociopath who shouldn't be King.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2020 11:59 PM

I'm sure Kate is upset, hurt and pissed. This is a big family, personal and professional rupture.

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2020 12:03 AM

Kate couldn't care less about Harry or Meghan.

This whole story is a complete lie, designed to make William and Kate look sympathetic, and make Harry and Meghan out to be the bad guys.

Nothing new here.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2020 12:17 AM

I keep feeling that the crux of this withdrawal is Prince Philip's racism.

If Philip dies and 1] the Sussexes magically reappear and 2] Betty changes the family name back to plain old Windsor...we will know.

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2020 12:19 AM

Kate is the most boring, docile, servile creature in that family.

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2020 12:21 AM

I think William and Kate are the worst with their PR leaks about "being concerned". They are manipulative statements, playing on Harry's professed issues with depression etc. in people's minds, to make William look caring and also strong.

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2020 12:27 AM

She's the Susan Collins of the BRF

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2020 12:28 AM

Sometimes, you're better off dead

The Klanners are here and they're ruining the thread

These racists are mad, so unstable

Knocking down doors and kicking in tables

On Datalounge, a dead end town

Call the Mods, there's a Welp Troll around

Ban the Klan, send them underground

To a Nazi site in a West End Town.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2020 12:45 AM

"I keep feeling that the crux of this withdrawal is Prince Philip's racism. "

And I keep feeling that the crux is Meghan's greed.

The Royal Family has been giving her and Harry money, but not enough, and with too many conditions. Well, fine, let her try to earn her own, and find out how many conditions are attached to marching your title and your wardrobe, and how soon that money dries up if she does't produce sales.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2020 12:45 AM

Harry's reflecting Meghan's feelings and attitudes not his own. He is seeing offense where none exists and he is too combative, goaded on by hiscrazy wife. If she's not the villain, then where is she?

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2020 1:21 AM

r37 is not as clever as he thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2020 1:23 AM

This is the beginning of the end of the monarchy in the U.K.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2020 1:27 AM

Nope. It is a transition to a new Regent. All preparation.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2020 1:33 AM

Of course they are pissed off because with Harry and Meghan out of the picture they are going to have to pick up the slack.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2020 1:52 AM

I hope some Phd student in psychology or cultural anthropology is doing an in depth analysis of pro versus anti Sussex folks and what underlying mental illness or particular socioeconomic conditions may be a factor in this frenzied rabidity. You don't know these people but from what I've read you sure have 'feelings' about them. Probably more feeling than you have for the real people in your lives.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2020 2:08 AM

Meghan didn't run away because the Royal family was mean to her, or because they bullied her and Harry and tried to push them aside. Au Contraire! Meghan ran away because the plans were going to be rolled out dividing the duties of the monarchy, with Harry being the go to guy for the Commonwealth, and in addition, the kinds of charities both he and Meghan had expressed interest in, and William was going to be handling the administrative stuff, or at least learning about it from Dad, and doing the kind of things previously reserved for the Prince of Wales, and more domestic. So HArry was foreign and Wills would be domestic. The fact is they were planning more work for her not less. And since she was a fraud, she ran like a coward. She wasn't up to the commitment. The lie just got too heavy. She choked. .

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2020 3:01 AM

I can't take yahoonews seriously.

by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2020 3:04 AM

[quote] Spare heirs never fare well. Princess Margaret, Prince Andrew and now Harry. It just doesn't work well.

And yet I have had a great life and am a happy person, by all accounts.

by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2020 3:06 AM

I already had r27 on "Ignore."

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2020 3:07 AM

Some I have on "ignore" just posted three times in a row.

by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2020 3:35 AM

No, R45, Harry and Meghan are running away because they stand to make hundreds of millions of dollars whoring themselves out to the highest bidders. It’s all about money — not racism, not the tabloids, not the workload, not mean William and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2020 4:06 AM

William can't have it both ways. He can't resent Harry being more popular, and also want Harry to do more work. But I do feel like Charles wants/hopes both his sons to share the burdens with William being the most senior, because Charles health isn't the greatest, and he is 71 already. I feel sorry for Charles. Just when he thought things might settle down, he'd finally moved Andrew out of the way with all his messes.

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2020 4:13 AM

"He can't resent Harry being more popular, and also want Harry to do more work."

No, there's no contradiction there. If Harry is popular then it's logical for the higher royals to want him to use his popularity to benefit the monarchy and/or the nation, even if their private feelings on the subject are mixed. And as long as Harry is being supported by the crown and his father and the taxpayers, they have every right to ask him to perform appropriate duties in return.

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2020 4:31 AM

Adieu ménage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2020 4:33 AM

There are solutions to spares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2020 4:39 AM

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴 ...... #SnoozeFest

by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2020 4:49 AM

Why does Kate have such a hairy ass ?

That's certainly not a fake picture, is it ?

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2020 4:52 AM

Normally, I ignore the fact that the royal family exists, but I have truly had enough of this story. I don’t think it’s fair to compare the misery of one person to another, as we all have different experiences. HOWEVER, can you imagine being royalty and having THIS being the worst problem in your life? When there are people who are dealing with their loved ones dying after their plane was shot down by an Iranian missile!?

Must be nice!!

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2020 4:58 AM

Like when Diana was leaking information to the press.

Harry is just butt hurt because he wants to be king and he can't.

by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2020 5:04 AM

Kate should count herself lucky now that the toxic bitch is gone. No more rancid, putrid smell of thrice-divorced cunt.

*brahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2020 6:55 AM

When Philip then the Queen dies, you can bet ole Sparkle will have ass back in the UK for the funerals...wouldn't want to miss a chance to pose as the grieving grand daughter in law...plus, she already owns so many ugly black outfits...she's all ready for official court mourning!!!

OOOOH! And, she'll get to wear a tiara and ermine for the crowning of Chuck and Camilla!!!! She can live blog from Westminster!!!

by Anonymousreply 60January 14, 2020 7:09 AM

R60, wait until she’s the Dowager Whatever!

Harry will be feeling pretty low, reading how the people who adored him are hurt and disappointed by him.

by Anonymousreply 61January 14, 2020 7:58 AM

This is from Cosmo, they don't have any ins with the royal family, although if William and Kate were hurt by H&M's self-serving actions, I wouldn't blame them.

by Anonymousreply 62January 14, 2020 9:48 AM

No doubt Harry wants out but I still think this is manufactured bullshit to get the media and public to say Andrew who? It's just like Trump and the Iran crap, impeachment who?

by Anonymousreply 63January 14, 2020 10:32 AM

Had the Sun published the leak before Harry had to preempt them on Instagram, we assured we would have seen a public appearance by Kate Middleton the very next day, being demure and classy and smiling demurely and being brave for her future subjects. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 14, 2020 12:12 PM

Oh, please. This is another made up out of whole cloth headline.

If there's one thing Kate Middleton knows how to do, it's keep her mouth shut.

To the Meghanstan morons, it's vapid.

To people who grasp the nature of constitutional monarchy, it's discretion.

One day, when Meghan is on her fourth husband and everyone is tired of her, whilst Kate is Queen Consort of Great Britain, talk to me about vapid.

by Anonymousreply 65January 14, 2020 12:15 PM

R63 - Your post contradicts itself.

You can't "manufacture" something like this, and quite the contrary, the very shrewd and calculating Meghan Markle probably figured that with the BRF eager to avoid as much controversy as possible in the wake of Andrew's public humiliation, this would be a good time to apply the pressure.

In other words, she figured hitting them when they were down would maximise her chances of getting everything she very clearly always intended to get out of them.

My guess, in fact, is that without the Andrew fiasco, she'd have waited another year and another baby.

Right, yes, of course: the BRF actually paid Harry and Meghan to file that lawsuit and air that Oh Pity We Two Miserable Rich Titled Kids! documentary whilst Kate and William were doing their bit in Pakistan.

I mean, really?!

by Anonymousreply 66January 14, 2020 12:20 PM

To go from the most beloved Royal in the kingdom to utterly despised-Harry's king to have a hard time with this. But then again, he brought it all on himself.

by Anonymousreply 67January 14, 2020 12:24 PM

R59 - I actually agree. I think once the dust settles the entire family will be muttering Good riddance to bad rubbish, although regretfully in Harry's case. I'm sure they primarily blame Meghan and will never forgive her, particularly William (that will also parallel the Wallis-Edward debacle), but in a couple of years. Meghan will be someone else's headache (i.e., Harry's) and Kate can go on being Kate, doing her job, watching her attractive brood grow up, and looking increasingly toward becoming Princess of Wales.

I don't doubt Meghan will spend nearly no time in Britain from hereon in, except maybe to get some photo ops in the Hub kitchen or SmartWorks. She knows perfectly well that the entire family blames her for all this (when, in fairness, they should blame the Queen and Charles for not telling Harry NO) so why bother to stay in a room with their naked hostility?

Yes, she and Harry will turn up for HM's and Philip's funerals, and probably for Charles' coronation - they need to keep reminding their vendors and buyers that they are, actually, "royal".

And that will be it.

I also think Meghan would have stuck it out longer if she had, as she fully expected to do, "blown Kate out of the water" with her Wokeness, dynamism [sic], and "edgy" fashionista look.

Instead, Meghan made Kate look like Princess Perfect. She couldn't compete, especially after the baby, with Kate's much better figure, better fitting and better tailored clothes, and very English look.

So, she's giving it up and leaving the Princess field to Kate, and instead looking to turn herself into Salma Hayek, Queen of a billion dollar merchandising empire. Hayek had Pinault's money to play with; Meghan will have Charles' money to play with (although Charles isn't nearly on a par with the multi-billionaire Pinault).

by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2020 12:32 PM

Kate's just upset because now the press will be focusing on her. Before Megan and Harry, I remember reading how Kate wasn't doing much. Especially after she first got married. Now the press can go back to writing about how Kate doesn't do much for the monarchy with her charity work.

by Anonymousreply 69January 14, 2020 1:46 PM

R69 - The press won't be able to do that as the Cambridges are both stepping up their work, as was always planned once Kate's childbearing stint was over. With the Harkles gone, believe me, the Cambridges know exactly what the ball game will be.

And Kate's charity work was never supposed to be what she did "for the monarchy". Her real job, and the only one that mattered to the Queen, was giving William a nice family and a stable home and raising the next heirs in the direct line of succession, and doing so with discretion - which Kate has done superbly.

HM isn't lending Kate the spectacular engagement bracelet that Philip gave her, varied tiaras, and making Kate a DGCVO because of her charity work: she favours Kate for her self-discipline, her discretion, and her qualities as a wife and mother.

The charity work is the window-dressing on what Kate's real job is. The people who whinge about "how much" she does or doesn't do are missing the forest for the trees.

Kate has proved herself loyal, low-drama, discreet, and dutiful.

Meghan proved herself temperamental, competitive, high-drama, high-maintenance, duplicitous, and calculating.

Posting on another thread shows the resuls of YouGov's latest poll, taken after the Harkle announcement.

Kate and William - 70% and 79% approval, whilst Meghan and Harry plunge downward.

I don't think Kate and William have much to fear.

by Anonymousreply 70January 14, 2020 2:01 PM

Harry didn't want to put his plans into writing as Charles demanded, because he knew that they'd be leaked. So who did the leaking to Wooten- Charles' aides or William and/or his aides?

This false narrative about the RF being blindsided by H&M is such bullshit. They had been discussing it for months. It was only after the leak to Wooten that H&M felt forced to release their plans prematurely. It worked. I think they got pretty much what they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 71January 14, 2020 2:16 PM

R71 - It was the annnouncement that blindsided the BRF, after the Queen gave Harry express orders not to publish until details were worked out with his father. The media later corrected the distinction. And the rest of us knew that after the disastrous Africa tour, the lawsuit, and the documentary, the Sussex's days as members of the BRF were numbered. You'd have to have been blind not to see it.

It was the way they went about it.

And, at this point, no one believes that both of them, especially Meghan, didn't have this in mind from the get-go, which means they ruthlessly took taxpayer funding for something they knew would not be the "permanent home base" that was used as the excuse for those millions.

They're disgusting hypocrites and Harry ignored his grandmother's request in a blatant act of disrespect.

by Anonymousreply 72January 14, 2020 2:26 PM

Trolling for trolls thread

by Anonymousreply 73January 14, 2020 2:37 PM

Tough tit, Kate. Life is so unfair, isn't it? Boo, hoo.

by Anonymousreply 74January 14, 2020 2:42 PM

R72 The Africa tour was not disastrous. It was a big success. The documentary, however, shouldn't have had H&M complaining. That was stupid.

H&M will pay back the money spent on the Frogmore renovations and people need to shut up about it.

Wooten told the RF that they had 10 days before he was going to publish what he knew about the leaked Susse plans. So it was virtually blackmail. H&M beat Wooten to the punch.

It is working out in their favor.

To me, thebad blood bewteen the brothers could be solved by William apologizing to H&M and extending the olive branch. They also need to find out who leaked the plans and fire that person. Then, they need to stop feeding neagtive stories about H&M to the tabloids.

I was thinking about how William treats Kate. One of them was overheard to say to the other, "I could divorce you."

I can't think that Kate would threaten divorce. It had to have been William. What a sour, bald, chipmunk cheeked asshole.

By the time he becomes King, he probably could divorce Kate if things have changed over the decades. Aren't several of the heirs to the Danish or Swedish crowns divorced? I know one the crown prince married to the ailing Mette-Marit had a first wife. I think one of heirs to the Belgium or Luxenbourg crown is divorced.

by Anonymousreply 75January 14, 2020 2:47 PM

Middleton's a meddling cunt who thinks she above everyone else in social status because she married a Prince ......... The wannabe Queen of the manor.

But then Harry had to marry a movie star, and everyone forgot about Kate, who's only real talent was buying and wearing pretty dresses. And you don't get paid Friday spending the Queen's money.

Oh, wait ......... Sometimes you do !

by Anonymousreply 76January 14, 2020 2:50 PM

BS and who cares.

by Anonymousreply 77January 14, 2020 2:50 PM

r75, uh, the next in line to the British throne is divorced.

by Anonymousreply 78January 14, 2020 2:50 PM

How will they repay the cost of renovation? They can’t even afford their own security detail.

by Anonymousreply 79January 14, 2020 3:00 PM

R78 Hahha. I forgot. But Diana is dead.

I was prepared to hate Camilla, but she is very likable in her videos where she is talking to the public. Reportedly her good humor helps taper Charles' sour moods.

by Anonymousreply 80January 14, 2020 3:01 PM

R79 The renovation was $3.4. They have at least $40 million. If they are cash short, they could borrow the money from Charles and pay him back. Charles is the one who wants them to reimburse the reno costs. (reportedly).

by Anonymousreply 81January 14, 2020 3:03 PM

R81 typo: $3.4 million

by Anonymousreply 82January 14, 2020 3:03 PM

I love how the Sussex spokesperson today stated that Meghan didn't call into the big summit yesterday because "they" (the Sussexes; read: Megs) didn't find it necessary. FFS? it wouldn't have been up to them, it would have been up to TQ who called the meeting, at her home, to begin with. They can't stop upstaging. It's one thing to upstage Will and Kate - who cares, and they deserve it at times - but the Queen?

This is an example of the stupid hubris these two keep engaging in. If they're engaging it in now at this level, what gaffes will they pull when they're set loose on the world, with no palace advisors backing them up? Not that the latter were able to do much when they were around.

by Anonymousreply 83January 14, 2020 3:10 PM

I think that MM could have called in with the Queen's permission. Perhaps the Queen did agree to it. Word was that it was decided that Harry would leave the meeting and WhatsApp Meghan or call her.

Pretty telling that Harry skipped lunch w/ Charles, William, and the Queen. Harry arrived 15 minutes before the meeting was scheduled.

Both the RF and The Markle Family need to get group counseling with Dr. Phil with no contact with the media about it.

by Anonymousreply 84January 14, 2020 3:15 PM

The whole Meghan calling in is bullshit. It was never agreed to nor would it have been because she never expected or wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 85January 14, 2020 3:17 PM

MM probably removed herself from participating, so she wouldn't be blamed for whatever happened.

Why didn't Kate go? They used the excuse that she had to watch her kids, but George + Charlotte were in school. Plus, they have a nanny.

by Anonymousreply 86January 14, 2020 3:19 PM

[quote]Pretty telling that Harry skipped lunch w/ Charles, William, and the Queen. Harry arrived 15 minutes before the meeting was scheduled.

Actually to be accurate, it was William who arrived last, just 15 mins before the meeting. Harry was said to arrive very early, and had a couple of hours with his grandmother, alone, before the meeting.

It was that private discussion that probably influenced the final statement yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 87January 14, 2020 3:23 PM

Middleton would feel so much better if she ate more and exercised less.

by Anonymousreply 88January 14, 2020 3:41 PM

Poor pathetic Harry is pussy whipped. He needs to get his balls back and go back to his royal duties.

by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2020 3:53 PM

What kind of faguette actually cares about this shit? Iran should drop a nuke on Buckingham Palace and rid the world of these parasites.

by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2020 4:00 PM

R90 - Migraine, dear? Perhaps you should take something and relax on one of the Iran threads. What can you possibly be doing here?!

P.S. BP was hit nine times during the blitz.

We all apologise profoundly for the fact that the Luftwaffe didn't do what you would have liked it to.

by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2020 4:25 PM

r79, The Queen renovated a building she owns for new tenants.

It was a grace and favor for the Sussexes.

The Queen owns the improved property.

Harry and Meghan only got nice temporary housing.

by Anonymousreply 92January 14, 2020 8:29 PM

Oh, snap! R91.

Kate’s feelings about this are irrelevant. Not to be a dick or anything, but they aren’t. Neither are Camilla’s.

by Anonymousreply 93January 14, 2020 8:29 PM

R92, That’s why I don’t understand why the Sussexes bear 100% of the public blame for the renovation costs at Frogmore Cottage. The Queen is the landlady. Tenants mostly can change the interior looks of a place, and maybe move a few walls around if they’re family, but no tenant is making decisions on replacing the roof or bringing a restored building up to code. Any changes H & M would want are cosmetic.

The landlady is the one that chooses the structural changes, through her contractor, who recommends, and the landlady pays. I doubt very much Harry and Meghan know anything about houses except they live in them. At most, they’d hire an interior decorator to decide how to change the wallpaper and buy furniture and a few other cosmetic changes. That’s about it.

Harry and Meghan weren’t buying it, they were just borrowing Granny’s house.

by Anonymousreply 94January 14, 2020 9:49 PM

No, they reconverted a old ramshackle house that had been subdivided into tiny apartments back into a home that tourists could visit while at Windsor. It is also rentable. The Queen benefits directly from the renovations she paid for.

by Anonymousreply 95January 14, 2020 9:57 PM

Then the Queen, not H &M, stands to make some income from it. Win-win for her.

by Anonymousreply 96January 14, 2020 10:14 PM

R94 - The Queen doesn't own the Crown Estates, of which Frogmore is a part. She is technically able to offer it to family members, but she does not collect "rent", the Crown Estates do.

She is the real Landloady and Owner of Balmoral and Sandringham. She paid for the renovations on the Cambridges' country estate, Anmer Hall, because it belongs to her personally and she could not stick the taxpayer with the bill.

The Crown Estates situation is a little complicated: basically, they are held by both the Government and the Monarchy, but are not actually "owned" by either. Any revenues earned by the Crown Estates (e.g., tourists paying to see the very beautiful Frogmore House) goes back into the Sovereign Grant.

So while the Queen can offer it as a Grace and Favour Residence, she does not get any income from it, does not own it outright, and therefore was able to stick the taxpayers with the bill for its renovations.

The problem for the Sussexes is that said taxpayer money was justified on the basis of it being the Sussex's "permanent and only home base". With suspicion now widespread that they never intended to stay in for the rest of their lives, they allowed the taxpayer to pay a hefty bill for something they weren't going to use as advertised.

The Queen and Charles should have seen this coming, and split the cost between them, and so headed off yet another Sussex headache.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Just because the monarchy could stick the taxpayer with the millions to renovate the cottage, doesn't mean it was a good idea.

The Queen is more the Manager than the Landlady. She has the disposition of the properties, but cannot sell them or derive personal income from them.

That's why there was no fuss about Anmer Hall - the Queen paid personally, The renovations to Kensington Palace were done to a landmark historic building in Central London that generates revenue, and the Cambridges committed to living there for the foreseeable.

Those were the differences. Frogmore Cottage will never generate return revenue for the Crown Estates unless they turn it into a Museum of Fallen Royals.

by Anonymousreply 97January 14, 2020 10:22 PM

R95 - You are incorrect, please read my post above. The Queen gets no revenue from renting Frogmore Cottage. It does not belong to her, it belongs to the Crown Estates.

She can no more sell Frogmore House (the main attraction at the Frogmore Estate) than she could sell Windsor Castle. She has control of it, but derives no personal income from it.

Outside of her personal portfolio, the Queen gets personal-public income, outside of the Sovereign Grant, from the Duchy of Lancaster, similar to Chalres getting his personal income from revenues from the Duchy of Cornwall. Both duchies are basically huge landholdings and the revenues flow from land management. Both duchies are set up for the same reason: to provide the Sovereign and the male heir to the throne with personal incomes, as it is presumed they have no other way to earn a living.

If no male heir exists to inherit the Duchy of Cornwall, by the way, its revenues flow back to the Crown.

by Anonymousreply 98January 14, 2020 10:30 PM

I'm really beginning to dislike Kate, and William too for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 99January 14, 2020 10:32 PM

Kate was always a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 100January 14, 2020 10:33 PM

It's Harry I'm beginning to despise. I thought he was basically all right for a long time, but this whole mess has shown him to be an immature idiot.

That's what hotness will do, it blinds you to a person's flaws for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 101January 14, 2020 10:36 PM

Kate doesn’t have enough personality to be a cunt. She’s just a bore. Camilla on the other hand... one has to wonder what she and Charles say about all of this.

by Anonymousreply 102January 14, 2020 10:37 PM

I imagine Kate like Margarey Tyrell.

So perfect to the public and says the right thing yet a deliciously shady cunt behind the facade. 🥰

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 14, 2020 10:40 PM

I don't think Kate is smart enough to be deliciously shady.

by Anonymousreply 104January 14, 2020 10:42 PM

R90 has a fondness for long, slender baguettes. He's not fooling anybody.

And we're not talking bread and butter here.

by Anonymousreply 105January 14, 2020 10:51 PM

Kate's not that smart, and not that shady.

But she is quite transparent.

by Anonymousreply 106January 14, 2020 10:54 PM

My daughter was born to be Queen Consort and she will fulfill her destiny and do it splendidly.

Meghan is destined to become the Queen of Informercials.

by Anonymousreply 107January 14, 2020 11:06 PM

Markle didn't call in because she was barred from doing so. The palace was not taking any chances that someone else might have been listening in on the call, and the queen, courtiers and meeting attendees (including the private secretaries of Charles, William and Harry) were not going to take any chances with Markle. The call was described as a "confidential family matter--and not a conference call."

The conniving Sussex duo are the ones who said "it wasn't necessary" for Markle to call in. That is a lie. Markle was prevented from calling in. Nobody wanted her on the phone. So yeah, strong independent woman kept the kid in Canada and then high-tailed it back when the heat was on. So independent, 21st century of her.

by Anonymousreply 108January 14, 2020 11:07 PM

*The call = The meeting

by Anonymousreply 109January 14, 2020 11:08 PM

R101 you sound particularly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 110January 14, 2020 11:09 PM

I wasn’t going to waste my minutes on this nonsense R109. I let the ginger handle his clan.

by Anonymousreply 111January 14, 2020 11:10 PM

Watch out Cathy. Meghan’s coming and she has a dump cake story to end all dump cake stories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 14, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote]If no male heir exists to inherit the Duchy of Cornwall, by the way, its revenues flow back to the Crown.

Wasn't that changed with the 2012 change to primogeniture?

by Anonymousreply 113January 14, 2020 11:22 PM

Meghan is too good for the assholes in the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 114January 14, 2020 11:30 PM

Betcha Meghan has her lawyer looking into all the rules and entitlements etc. in the UK for the BRF. The Queen and Charles know HArry is getting played. I don't despise anyone but Meghan. I think she has behaved unethically. I had hoped she was better than that.

by Anonymousreply 115January 14, 2020 11:48 PM

R113 - No, interestingly, it was not. The status of the Duchy of Cornwall remains the same.

Even more interestingly, although the revenues of the Duchy of Lancaster flow to the Queen personally, she is not, technically, the Duchess of Lancaster.

The fact remains that women do not inherit royal ducal titles, only males do.

So, if Harry keeps his title of Duke of Sussex, but only had female offspring, none of them would become Duchess of Sussex upon his death.

That hasn't changed. The doing away with primogeniture by the Queen only affected the line of succession to the throne, not the hereditary peerage system.

Here is some info on the Duchies:

"The Duchy of Lancaster is the private estate of the British sovereign as Duke of Lancaster. The principal purpose of the estate is to provide a source of independent income to the Sovereign.The estate consists of a portfolio of lands, properties and assets held in trust for the Sovereign and is administered separately from the Crown Estate. The duchy consists of 45,550 acres of land holdings (including rural estates and farmland), urban developments, historic buildings and some commercial properties across England and Wales, particularly in Cheshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Lancashire and the Savoy Estate in London. The Duchy of Lancaster is one of two royal duchies: the other is the Duchy of Cornwall, which provides income to the Duke of Cornwall.

In the financial year ending 31 March 2018, the estate was valued at about £534 million. The net income of the Duchy is paid to the reigning Sovereign as Duke of Lancaster: it amounts to about £20 million per year. As the Duchy is an inalienable asset of the Crown held in trust for future Sovereigns, the Sovereign is not entitled to the portfolio's capital or capital profits. The Duchy of Lancaster is not subject to tax, although the Sovereign has voluntarily paid both income and capital gains tax since 1993. As such, the income received by the Privy Purse, of which income from the Duchy forms a significant part, is taxed once official expenditures have been deducted."

The Duchy of Cornwall is set up much the same way.

by Anonymousreply 116January 14, 2020 11:49 PM

R84 I would looove to see them on Dr Phil.

by Anonymousreply 117January 14, 2020 11:50 PM

r116 etal, thanks for the useful information.

by Anonymousreply 118January 14, 2020 11:51 PM

“She’s cawlin’ all the shots. But you’re the Prince. How’s that workin’ for ya?”

by Anonymousreply 119January 14, 2020 11:53 PM

Only 15 to 20 years or so to go before we can start really gossiping about the antics of young adult Georgie, Charlotte, Louie and poor likely to be messed up Archie!!!

by Anonymousreply 120January 14, 2020 11:54 PM

R120 - I can't wait that long.

by Anonymousreply 121January 14, 2020 11:56 PM

R118 - Welcome.

The Queen and Charles would go a long way toward pouring oil on the raging waters of angry taxpayers by announcing that they plan to restore to the Crown Estates coffers the sum spent on renovating the FrogCott.

What a noble smackdown of Harry and Meghan that would be!

by Anonymousreply 122January 15, 2020 12:00 AM

They didn’t even wait for Archie to be born before going after him. But of course it’s justified because his mother is the Anti-Christ.

by Anonymousreply 123January 15, 2020 12:01 AM

R103 - The shadiest thing Kate has done is go on being Kate and letting Meghan hang herself with her cheap grandstanding.

It was, one has to admit, a stroke of icy genius.

by Anonymousreply 124January 15, 2020 12:02 AM

Here's the thing for me:

Meghan Markle did not attend the family pow-wow. I think that speaks volumes about her character and integrity. Now I know that there are a hundred ways to defend her absence, but in the end, if she couldn't stand up and make her case in person, then she didn't have a leg to stand on. Sorry, but I won't be changing my mind about that grifter.

by Anonymousreply 125January 15, 2020 12:10 AM

The Queen engineered all of this to take the heat off her beloved pervert son. Wiley old broad. Megs will have riches and influence beyond her dreams. She fell into a pot of name larger than even she thought. And she gets to feel put upon and righteous as a bonus.

by Anonymousreply 126January 15, 2020 12:21 AM

'pot of jam'

by Anonymousreply 127January 15, 2020 12:23 AM

Life rarely goes according to plan. Time will tell if the grifter and her royal husband made the right move.

by Anonymousreply 128January 15, 2020 12:25 AM

Oh,Meghan made the right move. If she divorces him, which I believe she fully intends to do in about two or three years, she will get a huge settlement from the divorce, and she will also have settled into lucrative deals and contracts by then. She will be established. So in just 5 short years Missy have a very successful life. In fact she has one now. I fully expect her to talk about how wonderful HArry is but he has mental health problems and there were times she worried about her safety, Archie's and Harry himself. She will mention how "volatile" Harry can get. etc. Meghan will paint a picture of the long suffering wife who has a husband who admitted in the past he has mental health problems. Ss, Harry is basically a trusting soul and he has no guile. Meghan has plenty of guile. She'll paint a picture of Harry after she herself drives him nuts or to the point of suicidally depressed. In fact if she could get away with that, even better. Yes. I think she is diabolical.

by Anonymousreply 129January 15, 2020 12:45 AM

Oink Oink!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 15, 2020 12:51 AM

'She couldn't compete, especially after the baby, with Kate's much better figure, better fitting and better tailored clothes, and very English look.'

You're a vile Klanner and a misogynist, reducing everything to how thin and white the women are. Meghan is vibrant and has a vitality and spark Kate completely lacks. She is a much better public speaker, a better writer and is clearly a lot more intelligent. She also looks ten years younger than Kate, with an unwrinkled complexion and dramatic eyes that have no bags or wrinkles, unlike haggard Kate's. Even Kate's children have eye bags.

by Anonymousreply 131January 15, 2020 12:59 AM

I know, R121. Sometimes I find myself doing the math and hoping I get to see William become king. George, forget it I’m afraid.

by Anonymousreply 132January 15, 2020 1:01 AM

R129 I don't know about diabolical but...the scenario you're spinning for her does sound like something she'd come up with....though to be honest, I think she'd actually prefer if Harry offed himself then she could play the grieving widow.

Here's one thing though...unless she could really marry up, to a major name, I see her hanging on to her title as long as she can. She'll probably NEVER re-marry, just have a significant other. No way is she willingly giving that up.

The "American Duchess" looks good to her.

by Anonymousreply 133January 15, 2020 1:12 AM

Klanner/Kate’s eyebags Troll

by Anonymousreply 134January 15, 2020 1:15 AM

[quote] Now I know that there are a hundred ways to defend her absence

There is zero chance that she was invited to that meeting.

by Anonymousreply 135January 15, 2020 1:15 AM

"Now I know that there are a hundred ways to defend her absence, but in the end, if she couldn't stand up and make her case in person, then she didn't have a leg to stand on"

R125, she WASN'T INVITED. She wasn't given a chance to defend herself, the meeting was deliberately held to let the royal clan discuss her behind her back, and talk to Harry without her being present to manipulate him.

Hate her all you want, but find a valid reason for your next rant.

by Anonymousreply 136January 15, 2020 1:16 AM

I can’t help but wonder how many of us are fascinated by this train wreck because at one point we were targeted by a narcissist, sociopath, etc.

by Anonymousreply 137January 15, 2020 1:19 AM

Yeah, well, I wonder how many of us are fascinated by this train wreck because at one point we had the hots for Harry.

I mean, who didn't.

by Anonymousreply 138January 15, 2020 1:26 AM

What is really happening is Harry was raised to support the Monarch ...his grandmother the Queen, then his father the King, then his brother the King. His life of privilege is because of this. He married. Now they don't want to do the work. He has whimped out. Throughout history English Kings have had reprobate bothers.

by Anonymousreply 139January 15, 2020 1:28 AM

[quote] I can’t help but wonder how many of us are fascinated by this train wreck because at one point we were targeted by a narcissist, sociopath, etc.

Every frau here believes she has special insight into psychopathy because of someone she once knew. That's why those threads are such a trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 140January 15, 2020 1:29 AM

They all play games HARD. TRUST NO ONE, BITCHES.

The most innocent appear one usually is the most evil one

by Anonymousreply 141January 15, 2020 1:30 AM

William didn't stay for lunch because he wanted to go visit Rose. She lives close by

by Anonymousreply 142January 15, 2020 1:30 AM

' can’t help but wonder how many of us are fascinated by this train wreck because at one point we were targeted by a narcissist, sociopath, etc'

Cluster B Troll. He's on every thread, diagnosing celebs. Is actually an autistic man so worse than the fucking Cluster Bs.

by Anonymousreply 143January 15, 2020 1:32 AM

"Game of Thrones" may have ended with a whimper, R103, but at least we get to see a bit of it playing out in real life!

Who says monarchies are no fun any more...

by Anonymousreply 144January 15, 2020 1:38 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 15, 2020 1:41 AM

R140 usually an inlaw

by Anonymousreply 146January 15, 2020 1:48 AM

r145, Thank you. This was reported in the Canadian press hours ago as well. I stand by my assertion that she sent Harry in to do her dirty work. And I expect she had some pretty chilling threats for Harry before he went if he didn't return with 'the win'. Like so many others, I too can read her like a book.

by Anonymousreply 147January 15, 2020 1:49 AM

"I stand by my assertion that she sent Harry in to do her dirty work. "

Oh please, Harry is easily led and stupid. Nobody with the smarts to use a fork without help would trust him to do anything resembling "dirty work".

by Anonymousreply 148January 15, 2020 1:58 AM

I imagine the Queen, Charles, William and whoever else was there would be daunting for even our Meg to face.

by Anonymousreply 149January 15, 2020 2:02 AM

Throw her to the wolves!

by Anonymousreply 150January 15, 2020 2:12 AM

If the Concern Trolls in this thread are So Concerned about wasting taxpayer money, perhaps they should look at the pointless exercise of having Big Ben bong on Brexit day, for the small fee of 500,000 pounds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 15, 2020 2:18 AM

Meghan ~*sparkles and shines*~ you say?

It’s probably just the glistening greasy residue of all the deep fried fatty patty foods she shoves in her pie hole!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 15, 2020 2:18 AM

Please, r152. Your brain is fatter than Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 153January 15, 2020 2:21 AM

At this rate, this will be people recalling the name Meghan Markle in 2025.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 15, 2020 2:28 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 15, 2020 2:32 AM

When you're quoting Piers Morgan for anything, you've lost the plot.

by Anonymousreply 156January 15, 2020 2:35 AM

This is going to sound silly, and really an antiquated concept, but the Monarchy is viewed by Queen Elizabeth as a religious calling. Her father, her grandfather, etc. Monarchs are anointed with oil, they are crowned in church at a religious ceremony. So the sense of it being holy, the sense of her being the head of the Church of England, etc. it's a religious rite. People forget that. And I don't think Meghan "gets it." I was under the impression at first, based on what they announced, that Harry & Meghan would step back but continue to honor their duties and their patronages and the "stepping back" was so that they could monetize their popularity. They never suggested or implied that they were leaving giving up titles, etc. Dividing their time between North America and the UK didn't seem so drastic. Canada is a commonwealth country. I thought Charles wanted Harry & Meghan to take on more Commonwealth duties, because they were so good at it and so popular. But Meghan's behavior lacks integrity, IMO. There was no reason for her to run away to Canada and not have Archie join his father . That part stinks and makes me totally suspicious of her intentions.

by Anonymousreply 157January 15, 2020 3:18 AM

R151, you do realise that your link is precisely about the fact that taxpayers' money will NOT be used to pay for Big Ben to bong on Brexshit day?

by Anonymousreply 158January 15, 2020 5:01 AM

Some good pics of Frogmore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 15, 2020 5:31 AM

I hope Meghan dumps Harry and he looks like a fool

by Anonymousreply 160January 15, 2020 5:53 AM

Harry didn't marry a movie star either. He married a z list supporting actress from basic cable with one real acting job to her name. He didn't even pick a pretty girl. Meghan is older, and it really shows in her bad skin. She looks years older than she is. She's inarticulate and offers nothing more than embarrassing platitudes that she passes off as a sign of "intelligence". She attracts the lowest common denominator of humanity. A lifelong grifter and malignant narc she is emotionally abusing her dimwit husband. She's so pathetic she hadvher SoHO friend Gilles Coren and some basic bitch blogger named Nicole Cliffe make up those rumors about Prince William. She admitted it herself on her social media . I watched black twitter encourage each other to spread that false hashtag to try to get traction and pretend her lies were fact. They were quickly shut down. Lowest common denominator of humanity for her. She validates them. How sad.

by Anonymousreply 161January 15, 2020 9:10 AM

You all are hateful and racist to the point of being demented. Meghan looks amazing for age and significantly younger than Kate.

by Anonymousreply 162January 15, 2020 10:21 AM

R116 This is nit picky but it’s a fun one so I hope you don’t take offence.

The Queen is Duke of Normandy in the Channel Isles as they are the final remaining claim of Britain on Normandy.

HM visited Normandy on some horsey business in the sixties and the locals were calling out “vive la Duchesse!”. As the entourage giggled, The Queen replied “Well I am Duke of Normandie!”.

by Anonymousreply 163January 15, 2020 10:52 AM

Looking amazing, refined, elegant, etc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 15, 2020 12:25 PM

R132 - That makes two of us. Perhaps, though, we'll get to see Charlotte married and make it to another REAL royal wedding.

by Anonymousreply 165January 15, 2020 12:27 PM

Oh dear another mole from Celebitchy playing the "hateful racists" card because we know shallow grasping hustler when we see one.

Go home to Mummy, dear, there's a good boy, and leave the gossip to the grownups.

by Anonymousreply 166January 15, 2020 12:29 PM

R139 - Too true - all you have to do is watch the Errol Flynn "Robin Hood" and see Prince John trying to usurp Richard I's throne whilst Richard is off on the Third Crusades to know that's how it always goes in Britain (they omit that John eventually does become King legitimately upon Richard's death, and manages to lose everything Richard held, but that's neither here nor there).

What Harry needs is Basil Rathbone as Guy of Gisbourne on his side . . . oh, wait, Flynn kills Rathbone at the end, doesn't he (one of the very best long-tracking swordfights in cinema history), but I digress . . .

"It's still the same old story/a fight for love and glory . . . "

by Anonymousreply 167January 15, 2020 1:05 PM

Those photos are inaccurate. They're not pictures of the actual house where Meghan and Harry live. They are pictures of the grounds surrounding Frogmore House which is where receptions and parties are held. It is mostly ceremonial. No one actually lives there. Harry and Meghan live at Frogmore cottage. Totally different architecture, much less ornate. Last I Read the interior had been renovated, but the gardens were in the process of being designed.

by Anonymousreply 168January 15, 2020 1:13 PM

She's just trying to take attention away that she is severely work shy.

by Anonymousreply 169January 15, 2020 1:49 PM

Kate is so gorgeous today!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170January 15, 2020 2:31 PM

Okay, I've watched all seasons of The Crown and thoroughly enjoyed them, but I'm having a hard time caring about this whole story.

I'll probably care more when it's scripted, cast, and produced for my viewing pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 171January 15, 2020 2:45 PM

r170, she looks haggard and exhausted. I didn't realize she is 38 -- two years older than Diana was when she died.

by Anonymousreply 172January 15, 2020 3:32 PM

If Meghan has wanted to be present for the Sandringham Summit, she would have been. Invitation or not.

And, IMO, she had every right to be there. I think she’s a conniving greedy cunt, but the discussion was about her future as much as Harry’s. They are married, and it concerned her, too.

But she didn’t want to be there, so she wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 173January 15, 2020 4:07 PM

[quote]But she didn’t want to be there, so she wasn’t.

I agree wholeheartedly with r173, Meghan in a very sleazy move holed up in Canada with the Queen's great-grandson, and Charle's grandson for that matter, basically playing the passive-aggressive 'I'll withhold your grandson if I don't get my own way' game. If her caterwauling had any veracity she would have (should have!) been there to discuss everything in an adult manner. But no, just a grifting gameplayer.

by Anonymousreply 174January 15, 2020 5:21 PM

Today's engagement by the Cambridge speaks volumes. They were very well received and there was a lot of public out to meet them. Another indication to the BRF where the public sympathies are

by Anonymousreply 175January 15, 2020 5:48 PM

You're (and possibly Meghan is too) looking at this through a completely bougie lens. The Queen and Charles probably don't care all that much that they have limited access to Harry's son. Duty before family has always been the case with them. Harry is the one to finally say fuck off, I'll never be king so let me live my life.

by Anonymousreply 176January 15, 2020 6:21 PM

"You're (and possibly Meghan is too) looking at this through a completely bougie lens. "

Yeah, well, I told you that an ambitious middle-class American would never be able to fit into the royal family, and was I right or what! Two years and she's out!

Because yeah, no ambitious middle-class person could possibly accept life in a pre-determined hereditary hierarchy, where fairness and merit have no bearing on one's status. And that's an ordinary ambitious middle-class person, while Megs is a hell of a climber! No, she climbed herself into a dead end, now she's trying to back up and find a new route, with Harry a dead weight behind her.

by Anonymousreply 177January 15, 2020 6:57 PM

[quote] They didn’t even wait for Archie to be born before going after him. But of course it’s justified because his mother is the Anti-Christ.

The rabid racists have gone from labeling her a "grifter," to now labeling her the "anti-Christ."

They're practically foaming at the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 178January 15, 2020 9:03 PM

More passive aggressiveness from William and Kate....

"Kate Middleton and Prince William visit project on how to be nice to your granny – after Harry tells Queen he’s off"

WILLS and Kate are visiting a workshop on how to be nice to your grandmother today - after Prince Harry told the Queen he was quitting as a royal.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge put on a brave face as they visited Bradford after a tumultuous week that saw Harry and Meghan Markle announce they were quitting The Firm and moving to Canada.

Looks like the rabidly racist british rags are out for Meghan's blood...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 15, 2020 9:04 PM

[quote]Oh,Meghan made the right move. If she divorces him, which I believe she fully intends to do in about two or three years, she will get a huge settlement from the divorce,

What huge settlement? Like the one Diana got lol. Even Diana didn’t get anything large.

All of the royals’ monies are tied up in airtight trusts, that can’t be touched. They have the best money managers in the world who anticipate people like DoS, they know how to keep the money intact and off limits in case of divorce.

Diana’s lawyers had a heck of time getting her payout, and Charles had to take it out of his own private investments under his own name, he told people at the time “she’s wiped me out!” (I think Diana got the equivalent of around $20 mil from him, lump sum, so he had to liquidate a bunch of stuff).

There will be no large cash settlement, unless TQ herself ponies up the dough. Which she might do, to rid them of the ‘meddlesome priest’. Harry has little in his own name.

by Anonymousreply 180January 15, 2020 9:13 PM

R26, that's if the royal family makes it that far.

by Anonymousreply 181January 15, 2020 10:30 PM

R180 - Beg to differ. Diana had excellent lawyers and that's why she took Charles to the cleaners. Yes, he had to liquidate nearly his entire personal investment portfolio to come up with the lump sum payment, which was then 17 million . And, no, the Queen didn't help him at all with that. That was never in the cards. This was strictly his divorce and his settlement.

It was Fergie who got a lousy settlement, but then she was married to the fourth in line, not the Prince of Wales, and the BRF (which is to say, the Queen) did help Andrew with the money, as he was nowhere as rich as Charles.

Yes, the trusts are tied up. In the event of a divorce, Charles (not the Queen) would be the logical person to help Harry out. It could get incredibly sticky, too, if she doesn't go through with the UK citizenship and US courts become involved.

As it is, Charles is probably on the hook for a lump sum payment to cushion Harry's leap to "freedom" - which also presents tax issues for Meghan, because whatever she gets from Charles is taxable in the US as long as she is still a US citizen.

Were I in Charles' shoes, I would explain to Harry that this golden parachute from the Duchy of Cornwall is the last penny he'll see from Charles, and that, in the event of a divorce, Harry is on his own coming up with the settlement.

by Anonymousreply 182January 15, 2020 10:45 PM

cripes sake r181 they aren't going anywhere, not anytime soon. Did you see the rapturous reception that Will & Kate got today, in Bradford of all places?

The monarchy is still steady on. In fact, even with all the sturm und drang of the past week, I'd say it's on firmer ground than ever. Cutting stressful deadweight can do wonders, like a good haircut :)

by Anonymousreply 183January 15, 2020 10:46 PM

r182 didn't mean to imply that Diana's legal team was lacking (was she with Anthony Julius, or Fiona Shackleton?). They got her enough, but iirc it was hell to get it, because Charles was in fact so cash poor and as you (and I) said, he had to liquidate much to pay her off. As you said, Fergie really got the raw end of the stick, as Andrew was basically penniless (all BRF money is tied up in trusts).

If Charles won't help out with a potential settlement for Harry, good luck to Megs in getting squat. It will be basically nothing, he really only has interest from his Diana inheritance and his army pension lol. That is, unless they go out and cash in on things, then she'll get half of what they earn.

by Anonymousreply 184January 15, 2020 10:51 PM

I'm so confused about the actual wealth of the members of the BRF.

People are saying they're worth billions, some say only tens of millions and cash poor. Which is it?

by Anonymousreply 185January 15, 2020 10:53 PM

R194 - I think Anthony Julius of Mishkon de Reya represented Diana. He is extremely distinguished both as an academic and a solicitor.

Shackleton represented Prince Andrew - and, I think Paul McCartney.

I can't remember who represented Charles in the Wales divorce.

But, yes, I agree. Coming up with the liquid funds for lump sum payouts is the issue.

by Anonymousreply 186January 15, 2020 11:01 PM

Charles is heir to the throne and Charles and Diana had been married for several years and had 2 kids, including the NEXT heir to the throne.

Harry is 6th to the throne and he and Meghan haven't even been married for 2 years.

She's not getting 20 million pounds.

by Anonymousreply 187January 15, 2020 11:33 PM

R187 - "Harry is 6th to the throne and he and Meghan haven't even been married for 2 years.

She's not getting 20 million pounds."

Yes, I agree. But she'll bloody well try if it comes to it.

Charles would be well advised to offer to set up for Archie a decent trust fund like the York girls got (one million each), buy them a house in Canada under a set price, and settle some sort of 10-year annual payment on Harry, wish them well, and make clear to Harry that if the marriage goes south, Harry pays.

But the tax complexities won't go away. It really does sound as if the Sussexes really didn't think this through.

by Anonymousreply 188January 15, 2020 11:52 PM

R187, that's why my theory is that Meghan will hang in there for another two years, three at most, to establish herself and keep her title. She will have a lot of deals finalized by then and money in the bank. Then she leaves. And she will also reach for some $$$ from the RF because...Archie.

by Anonymousreply 189January 15, 2020 11:56 PM

R189 - That is also why, despite current uncertainties, she has to knock out the second kid. She's going to be 39 this August - she's 18 months from 40. I'm sure Harry wants more kids. The more kids, the bigger the settlement.

IF she isn't up the duff again, already.

by Anonymousreply 190January 15, 2020 11:59 PM

Archie isn't really very valuable....he's 7th in line to the throne.

But, I think the Windsors would play some hardball. If she wants a title and any decent money, she's going to have to agree for Archie to spend a part of the year in the UK...and, not just a week or two. And, for him to be educated in the UK...maybe not until he's 10 or so, but eventually.

by Anonymousreply 191January 16, 2020 12:10 AM

Will poor little George be sent off to Eton or some godawful boarding school soon? That won't ever happen to Archie.

by Anonymousreply 192January 16, 2020 12:23 AM

Hehe R192.

Archie won't even have a British accent.

It will either be American or Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 193January 16, 2020 12:25 AM

I don’t think MM looks older than her age. She’s attractive (not beautiful IMHO, but attractive), but is as sloppily put together as her husband.

by Anonymousreply 194January 16, 2020 12:29 AM

People love Will & Kate and they can feel the love. That feeling will nourish their bodies and souls. Unlike the other couple who were so nasty and cold-hearted toward one senior family member. So heartless. Most people can see through their fake hypocrisy. Just sadddddddd.

by Anonymousreply 195January 16, 2020 12:32 AM

Kate is secretly overzealous and totally insecure when Megan got everyone attention. She’s also younger, sexier and much more sexually attractive than Kate.

No wonder Kate would do anything to have people turn against Megan and has spent a lot of money to have fake news published to bring down Megan.

Being a woman is hard since you’re not getting enough attention from straight men.

Megan maybe a bitch but she’s not evil like Kate and she’s fighting back. Good for you, Megan

by Anonymousreply 196January 16, 2020 12:37 AM

Eye roll

Loons have arrived.

by Anonymousreply 197January 16, 2020 12:41 AM

Kate isn't sexy at all, whereas Meghan is sexy and Harry can't keep his hands off her. When has bully baldie William ever held Kate's hand in public or put his arm round her? Never, because he fell out of love with her long ago.

by Anonymousreply 198January 16, 2020 1:26 AM

Yeah, MM’s stick legs are the epitome of sexiness.

by Anonymousreply 199January 16, 2020 1:28 AM

She has great legs, which is why she was picked for a jeans campaign including a TV advertisement back in her Suits days. Very few women have calves which still look slender from the back even in flats. She does. Very delicate ankles too.

by Anonymousreply 200January 16, 2020 1:32 AM

So much energy and charisma. Kate is like a dry tea bag in comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 16, 2020 1:34 AM

ROFL. MN has stick legs. Kate has great legs.

I’m indifferent to both - don’t hate either or particularly like either, but facts are facts.

by Anonymousreply 202January 16, 2020 1:35 AM

"She’s also younger, sexier and much more sexually attractive than Kate. "

Sweetie, both duchesses are 38 years old.

And yes, Meg has skinny legs, but she's a little short thing and if she doesn't stay seriously underweight she'll photograph as chunky. So she starves herself until her legs are sticks but still looks thick around the middle, because she just doesn't have the kind of figure she wishes she had.

by Anonymousreply 203January 16, 2020 2:47 AM

Bye, R90.

by Anonymousreply 204January 16, 2020 5:28 AM

R196 - Yes, we all noticed how insecure Kate was on her visit to Bradford, how awful her hair looked compared to Meghan's coarse uneven weave hanks, now much better dressed Meghan was with the sweat stains under her armpits, and Meghan's ghastly ashy skin and huge false eyelashes fully evident in closeups.

Kate didn't have to do anything to make Meghan look bad - Meghan did it all herself.

It is Meghan who made Kate look like Princess Perfect.

Princesses aren't there to be sexy and youthful: they're their to ensure the survival of the monarchy.

I know this distinction is lost on the looney toon trolls who think Meghan Markle is the most fab woman EVAH . . . but it's the way the thing works.

But do go on - the transparent trolling is actually quite amusing.

by Anonymousreply 205January 16, 2020 12:24 PM

^*they're there

by Anonymousreply 206January 16, 2020 12:25 PM

Meanwhile, back to meaningful gossip . . .

Yes, Archie is one card and Meghan's title is another - Harry remains Prince Harry no matter what, but if the BRF pressures Harry to surrender the Sussex title, Meghan is HRH The Princess Hennry. And the DM finally mentioned the issue of Meghan's UK citizenship, which no one else seems to have picked up on: if she spends more than a certain amount of time outside the UK whilst it is in process, she loses it and has to start over. It takes five years and she's only been a resident since fall 2017.

Which means, in the event of a divorce without that UK citizenship coming through, Meghan loses the whole title shooting match and is back either to Meghan Markle or the former Mrs Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor.

So Meghan has to figure out what she gets more out of: tolerating half the year in the UK on the pretext of Archie being able to connect with his father's blood family (about which, in reality, she cares no more than she did keeping connected to her own blood family, even on her mother's side) so she can better use her title in the event of divorce negotiations and at least end up Meghan, Duchess of Sussex without the HRH . . .

Or, chucking it all, spending only as much time in the UK as she feels like or that is perhaps required under an agreement with the BRF re Archie (especially if they are out of the FrogCott and only have access to a suite in BP or St. James Palace, like other minor royals) so she can stay less than an intolerable six months. and figuring by the time she and Harry throw in the towel, she really won't need the title any longer.

Either way, there are complex matters still out there. Not least, her tax situation.

by Anonymousreply 207January 16, 2020 12:35 PM

By the way, British Royal Family Saga #100 is still open . . .

This way we can include the rest of the family instead of just doing Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 208January 16, 2020 8:20 PM

Good point. She really couldn't give a shit about her father's side of the family but it so important that Archie stay connected to HIS father's side. Of course a royal blood line and family fortune is helpful. Who wants to stay in contact with family white trash? Though deep down the British royal family is really white trash as well but just in a gilded cage.

by Anonymousreply 209January 16, 2020 9:19 PM

I think after some of the crap re H&M dies down in the coming weeks we'll go back to the general BRF threads. Right now the story is still big. Many are here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210January 16, 2020 9:20 PM

'Yes, we all noticed how insecure Kate was on her visit to Bradford, how awful her hair looked compared to Meghan's coarse uneven weave hanks'

Check this disgusting KU KLUX KLAN member ripping into a biracial woman. Vile, vile, vile.

MURIEL, PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD.

by Anonymousreply 211January 17, 2020 12:00 AM

Are there other Royal stories to discuss?

Other than Andrew doing a happy jig EVERY day that the Sparkle Drama has eclipsed his own gross scandal.

by Anonymousreply 212January 17, 2020 1:36 AM

Actually, Andrew was papped smiling as he drove a car somewhere recently.

If he's smiling, it might be for more reasons than the Sparkle drama (which is likely to start wrapping fisn and chips in a week when there's nothing new to report unless the Queen makes another announcement about the "arrangements" for the Harkles' exit) - he may be beginning to realise that with Harry and Archie out of the way, his daughters finally have a shot at something he's desperately wanted for them for years: positions as senior royals.

It isn't absolutely necessary for Harry to give up his place in the line of succession for himself and his descendants to persuade the Queen and Charles to bring, say, Eugenie gently forward to test the waters, but it would certainly help undergird such attempts. And if Andrew gave up his (but not his descendants) Bea and Eugenie would suddenly be sixth and seventh, instead of ninth and tenth, until the Cambridge kids grow up and begin to breed.

There are worse solutions to leaving it all on the Cambridges', Wessexes', and Pss. Anne's shoulders.

HM would really be well advised to insist as part of the deal of keeping their cheapened titles that Harry give up his HRH and his place in the succession for himself and his descendants - and that Andrew should do the same re the succession (though not his HRH). Forcing both of them to give up their places would also make the monarchy look even-handed in dealing with bad behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 213January 17, 2020 12:49 PM

Well, according to People magazine, William and Catherine are hosting some reception, and Edward and Sophie will accompany them. It was originally planned for Harry & Meghan to share the hosting duties, but that has been changed....

by Anonymousreply 214January 17, 2020 2:54 PM

I’m thinking that Kate will miss being compared favorably. Her stock rose when Meghan was around.

And I do think Kate was fond of Harry; I think they got along well.

by Anonymousreply 215January 17, 2020 4:23 PM

Misogynoir is misogyny directed towards black women where race and gender both play roles in bias. The term was coined by queer black feminist Moya Bailey, who created the term to address misogyny directed toward black women in American visual and popular culture.

by Anonymousreply 216January 17, 2020 8:04 PM

Except this has nothing to do with her skin color or gender and everything to do with her character and integrity.

by Anonymousreply 217January 17, 2020 10:22 PM

R214 - The four were supposed to be hosting this on the 20th on behalf of the Queen is hosting that - it is to mark the UK-Africa Investment Summit at Buckingham Palace. I think it's now just the Cambridges.

by Anonymousreply 218January 17, 2020 10:25 PM

Meghan sexually attractive? Oh my sides! Girl has a thick torso and wheelchair legs. Receding hairline, giant fivehead, ski slope nose and Neanderthal chin is the epiome of sexy! She's older than all of them at almost 39. It shows. She has bad skin and significant greys under her bad wig. She's NEVER been attractive. You see better looking girls walking down the street.

by Anonymousreply 219January 18, 2020 12:51 AM

[quote] Misogynoir is misogyny directed towards black women where race and gender both play roles in bias. The term was coined by queer black feminist Moya Bailey, who created the term to address misogyny directed toward black women in American visual and popular culture.

And I've coined the term dumbmanteau to address stupid portmanteaus we don't really need.

by Anonymousreply 220January 18, 2020 12:56 AM

I've coined the term Lesbifrau for you, r220.

by Anonymousreply 221January 18, 2020 1:57 AM

Thank you, r221. That's a neologism I like.

by Anonymousreply 222January 18, 2020 2:24 AM

Rolls eyes at R196.

by Anonymousreply 223January 18, 2020 2:45 AM

'which is likely to start wrapping fisn and chips in a week when there's nothing new to report unless the Queen makes another announcement about the "arrangements" for the Harkles' exit'

How old and ugly are you that you think Brits still wrap fish and chips in newspaper, Fuglissa? It was outlawed in the 1990s on the grounds of health and safety as the ink soaked into the chips.

by Anonymousreply 224January 18, 2020 3:15 AM

The graciousness and charm of M’s “fans” say so much about her.

by Anonymousreply 225January 18, 2020 4:22 AM

Can we call that "actress" something other than black, please?

It hurts me to be associated unfairly with the likes of her.

by Anonymousreply 226January 18, 2020 4:41 AM

No one will "pressure" anyone to give up a title, for Christ's sake.

And when the divorce comes, the "actress" will take her title with her in the manner of Sarah Ferguson. She'll be "Meghan, Duchess of York" with no right to the HRH.

by Anonymousreply 227January 18, 2020 4:48 AM

No, she won't. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

by Anonymousreply 228January 18, 2020 5:08 AM

Quite honestly, I don't believe either HM or Charles WANT to take the title away from the Sussexes, but from where I sit, it looks like either Harry's HRH (which, thus, means Meghan's, too) has to be given up or the Sussex title given up. Meghan, of course, leaking through friends nasty comments about Britain, the toxic royal environment, her toxic life in Britain, etc., isn't exactly making it easy for the BRF to be accommodating here. She's under no illusion about how they feel about her, but I believe she's counting on how they feel about Harry.

But they also have to factor in public opinion in Britain, which, remember forced them to reverse position on Diana having a state, rather than private funeral, even though she was technically no longer a member of the family.

Meghan's petty and dismissive behaviour has made it more, rather than less, likely that Harry will suffer the loss of one or the other title. Were I the BRF, I would make keeping "Sussex" and using it as their brand only possible if Harry gives up his own HRH and the Sussex title is rendered non-royal. That lessens the image of grasping, conniving Harkles making money off "royal" connections, and makes them pay a price for trying to do by making them, essentially, nonroyal in real terms in Britain.

That move also will preclude any further taxpayer support for them, not just when they become "financially independent" but immediately, which restores at least some semblance of awareness that the taxpayers have lost about 30 million quid on the Sussexes in two years, if you factor in the wedding and its security costs. H&M lose Frogmore Cottage as a "home base" when they are in Britain, and forces the notoriously frugal Charles to fork over enough to cushion his son further as Harry exits.

Anything else will be a disastrous look for the BRF.

That said, I wouldn't count on them allowing that to stop them from letting Harry keep his HRH, his ducal title, access to Frogmore Cottage when in town, and insisting that some "legal agreement" re merchandising the Sussex name mitigates the glaring exercise of royal connections to make lots of money, whilst the taxpayers who shelled out that 30 million on their behalf are left with egg on their faces.

So, R228, I wouldn't put that bridge up for sale quite yet, if I were you.

The BRF has "form" when it comes to behaving really stupidly over bad behaviour amongst their own.

Remember, they are cousins of the Romanovs.

by Anonymousreply 229January 18, 2020 2:06 PM

Wasn't it the royal courtiers who made those boys walk behind Diana's coffin? I think Diana's brother and Prince Philip said they were against it. It was so damaging.

Who could ever forget Harry's little white ring of flowers with the card that said, "Mummy" on it?

by Anonymousreply 230January 19, 2020 1:09 PM

The royal courtiers blocked Harry from meeting with the Queen, saying that she was all of sudden unavailable. I think that the Sussexes didn't give up much in return for not having to be under the thumb of the Firm. William was and is top dog.

And now, William and Kate will be feeling the effects of H&M pulling out of royal engagements.

Both William and Kate aren't as good as public speakers as H&M. Kate has lockjaw and mumbles. William is boring and his voice trails off and runs fast at the end of each sentence.

by Anonymousreply 231January 19, 2020 1:16 PM

Shut the fuck up, Kate. Nobody feels sorry for you or your adulterous husband.

I have absolutely loved watching all the royal fanatics lose their shit over this situation. It's about time the Crown crumbles- it is a ridiculously archaic institution. We may have Trump, but at least we've moved past worshipping babies and inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 232January 19, 2020 1:28 PM

And I am "Incredibly" scratching my head, watching this tsunami flow past me. Just over a month ago, *another* tsunami about *another* member of the BRF, flowed past and turned to a wee twickle (sic).

Nobody seems to be talking about that big OOPS! moment anymore. Peculiar, isn't it? It's almost as though the BRF PR team engineered this bit of news that will be too close to its expiry date to matter much except those intimately involved. Whereas the other one? To quote Emmeline Lucas, "A wind egg..."

by Anonymousreply 233January 19, 2020 1:44 PM

I'll take the worshiping babies and inbreeding over Trump any day.

by Anonymousreply 234January 19, 2020 1:48 PM

R231 - Hi, Kaiser! How's things over at Celebitchy? Lots of ad clicks as your delusional fraus ignore the fact that Kate is far more popular in Britain than Meghan, that she ran rings around Meghan by sticking to her own game, and that one day when Kate is Queen Consort, no one will be remotely interested in what fat sixty year old has-been Duchess Meghan wears, says, or thinks?

by Anonymousreply 235January 19, 2020 1:59 PM

R331 must be one of those idiot Americans who doesn't comprehend that William is going to be king and head of state, Kate will be his consort and mother to the next king and head of state, and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex mean jack all in the scheme of things.

Note: I don't think all Americans are idiots, but on the question of the royal family some of you aren't half talking a load of crap.

by Anonymousreply 236January 19, 2020 5:00 PM

r236 I always love posters commenting on the intelligence of someone and then they make mistakes in their insult post. It's so apt.

by Anonymousreply 237January 19, 2020 7:27 PM

R237, everything in your post at r231 is a mistake. It's not about intelligence but spouting off about things you know fuck all about, and with such vehemence.

by Anonymousreply 238January 19, 2020 9:55 PM

William will reluctantly be king in his 60s, at an age when all his wealthy friends are retired and living in idle luxury. He'll be stuck doing 200 tedious engagements a year. I expect he is dreading it.

The head of content at Netflix has said he wants to work with M and H so they'll be presenting documentaries and getting paid extremely well for it.

by Anonymousreply 239January 19, 2020 10:30 PM

If Harry does some documentaries at Netflix about disabled veterans and PTSD, or similar issues, it would be good for his reputation and make some money.

by Anonymousreply 240January 19, 2020 10:31 PM

r238 what missing brain cells led you to believe that I posted at r231? I'm guessing the same one that led you to make a typo when you were insulting everyone's intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 241January 19, 2020 11:18 PM

R25 Hate to disappoint you, but I'm not Kaiser and I don't visit Celebitchy, LSA or any sites like them.

by Anonymousreply 242January 19, 2020 11:47 PM

^^^ that was a typo. I was replying to idiot R235 not 25.

by Anonymousreply 243January 19, 2020 11:48 PM

R242 R243 - You also are congenitally unable to grasp irony.

But then, so is Kaiser.

by Anonymousreply 244January 20, 2020 1:12 AM

Oh the irony, r242/r243.

by Anonymousreply 245January 20, 2020 8:33 AM

I don't in any way see Harry and Meghan making any large profits. They don't generate enough organic interest. All their TV specials tanked in the ratings both in the UK and the U.S. you forget they need to actually SELL to make money.

by Anonymousreply 246January 20, 2020 2:41 PM

r7 and kate isn't? who would marry that cotton swab if the cotton swab wasn't going to be king? give me a break

by Anonymousreply 247January 20, 2020 2:46 PM

[quote]William and Kate will be feeling the effects of H&M pulling out of royal engagements.

More than that, they'll be feeling the effects of not having Harry and Meghan as either a distraction when things go awry, or to use as "competition" in the tabloids. There were too many times that William and Kate did things that were obviously meant to show how they were better than the Sussexes, like flying commercial during that whole dust-up about Elton John's private jet, or throwing Meghan to the wolves to distract from William's infidelities. Harry and Meghan were being attacked viciously in the press and by the unhinged haters and William and Kate just used it to make themselves look better.

That's a betrayal that's not going to be easily patched up. I suspect William and Charles don't see anything wrong with it. Why not stoke the racist tabloid fires to help distract from Randy Andy's predilection for trafficked teenaged girls?

It's so seamy.

by Anonymousreply 248January 20, 2020 2:55 PM

Not just Will and Kate, the whole nation must buck up now that Harry and Megan have left the shores. sob

by Anonymousreply 249January 20, 2020 3:26 PM

Say what you will, someone recognized Meghan for the vulture she is. Weak Harry fell right into her web. I guess now this 3rd rate actress thinks she will get leading roles at top dollar? At least Harry can be prince zgain when the divorce comes. Which shouldn't be to far off.

by Anonymousreply 250January 20, 2020 3:38 PM

Did somebody post that Diana said 'Harry's an airhead like me.'?

by Anonymousreply 251January 20, 2020 4:36 PM

R247 - Actually, there was a difference: Kate wanted to be royal, Meghan wanted to be an A-list celebrity. Kate does, fundamentally, revere the institution she was so hot to get into, and I think she really does love William. That cotton swab? My good man, you need a refresher course in what William looked like between 16 and 25.

Kate is an introvert. The limelight never interested her. The status, yes; the limelight, no. She'd have been, if she hadn't nailed William, quite happy with a successful solicitor, doctor, or investment banker - Meghan never would have. Kate has a certain quality of authenticity because she didn't reihenvent herself: she was a nice Home Counties girl and that's still her essential aura.

Meghan is a different kettle of fish altogether.

by Anonymousreply 252January 20, 2020 11:15 PM

Meghan wanted to be a successful actress.

Kate did the ultimate social climb and married the future King. Clearly she wanted the limelight as well. They didn't seem to marry for love, after all.

by Anonymousreply 253January 21, 2020 12:54 AM

oh dear, r248 is too stupid to realize that Meghan supporter Nicole Cliffe made up those rumors about Prince William and admitted it herself on her social media. But you knew that already, didn't you? Crying waaaycist all the time and makimg up stories to deflect from Meghan's obvious disgusting behavior. Catherine married for love and it shows. Sorry you can't tell what that looks like.

by Anonymousreply 254January 21, 2020 4:54 AM

Gentlemen, let's have a moment of silence.

Let us remember Prince William's good looks, and mourn their early passing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255January 21, 2020 7:47 AM

[quote] All their TV specials tanked in the ratings both in the UK and the U.S. you forget they need to actually SELL to make money.

Okay, that's why they play them over and over again on cable.

by Anonymousreply 256January 21, 2020 7:48 AM

Look. Harry and Meghan are public figures. Their ability to make money depends on them remaining public figures. Yes, making documentaries for Netflix and endorsement deals, etc. will put them in the stratosphere of money makers. But if you think the tabloids will back off you're delusional.

The Royal family has suddenly got less interesting. Trying to sell William as a lothario having affairs is ridiculous. If you read that Catherine is having affairs it would be more believable. LOL! I saw the pictures of their first "hosting" reception at Buckingham Palace last night, accompanied by Sophie & Edward and the Princess Royal, and even with both of them wearing red dresses it looked boring as hell. Dull. And Edward looks like ...a simpleton.

Now if the Royal Family is going for dull, and they want to convey stability, and be low key, then the tabloids will have no alternative but to stir up shit and invent shit about Harry, and Harry and Meghan, and Harry and the Queen , and Harry and Prince Philip, Harry and William, Harry and Charles, etc. etc.etc.etc. Because Harry remains popular, and Harry is the guy everyone wants to know about. ...and Harry is going to give them copy.

He can't help it. He has a charismatic personality. He is open and accessible, where William is a fussy old stick. I look at photos of William chatting up dignitaries, or laughing, or listening, and I just shake my head. William's public persona is Ugh! Harry has no guile in him. He is too open for that family. I do believe that William is a very good father and probably has a great sense of humor behind closed doors, but he is still and dull.

So the Daily Mail and other members of the tabloid press will keep on reporting as they have always done. And they will keep interviewing Meghan's father and her half sister and the whole motley crew. In a few months, you'll realize that while everything has changed, nothing has changed.

by Anonymousreply 257January 21, 2020 12:50 PM

R257 - Harry "charismatic"? You have got to be kidding. He's getting uglier by the year, with beady eyes, a balding ginge with scraggly hair and teeth, and so clearly pussy-whipped it's gotten to be a regular cartoon meme.

It's Harry who is nothing without the BRF, not the other way around.

William, on the other hand, is getting increasingly commanding, his wife ran circles around Meghan in the Princess Department. As Meghan's star dropped in UK public opinion, Kate's rose.

The "charismatic" stars do very badly in the monarchical business. Edward VIII ("and Mrs Simpson the seven-eighths", as one wag at the time put it at the time, another parallel between the exits of Harry and his great-great uncle), Diana, Margaret, Fergie . . . they all flamed out.

It was the comparatively placed, dull Yorks who saved the monarchy and led Britain through times of turbulence and danger, ending up beloved as well as respected.

The same thing will happen with the Sussexes and the Cambridges.

Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

by Anonymousreply 258January 21, 2020 1:29 PM

^* damn this auto-correct to hell . . . "placid" Yorks (not placed).

by Anonymousreply 259January 21, 2020 1:30 PM

Lots of shit re-runs on cable.

The fact is, the actual real-time viewership of the Sussex's television programmes was very low - in fact, that was the case in the UK of their wedding, and requests for licenses for street parties to celebrate the Sussex wedding were even lower than those for the Wessex wedding.

In point of fact, Britain just didn't respond to Meghan and Harry as adored icons like his mother, which is what Meghan was fully expecting. Britons have a good bit else on their minds these days, and what they want from the monarchy is reliability, attending to the business the monarchy is for, and not cheapening it with celebrity bullshit.

Meghan and Harry have, quite agreeably, turned themselves into tabloid fodder, something Kate and William are carefully trying to avoid.

It's like the tortoise and the hare - and we know who won that race.

by Anonymousreply 260January 21, 2020 1:34 PM

Anybody who thinks those two are more than half-brothers is nuts. They look nothing alike, they act nothing alike. Harry is James Hewitt's son.

by Anonymousreply 261January 21, 2020 1:50 PM

[quote]William will reluctantly be king in his 60s, at an age when all his wealthy friends are retired and living in idle luxury. He'll be stuck doing 200 tedious engagements a year. I expect he is dreading it. The head of content at Netflix has said he wants to work with M and H so they'll be presenting documentaries and getting paid extremely well for it.

And making documentaries for Netflix is some kind of scintillating, exciting exercise? Work is work, at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 262January 21, 2020 2:15 PM

The flamewars here, H&M vs W&K. lol.

All things can be true: William is petty and jealous; Kate is a bit dull; Harry is dim and easily led; and Meghan an insecure user. I believe all of it.

And am here for it, since it will bring us drama for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 263January 21, 2020 2:16 PM

Harry and Meghan will provide a tabloid side show now for years. Will and Kate will be boring and dependable through the big changes coming probably sooner than later. In less than 9 years George will be 15 and will be drawing all the tabloid interest.

by Anonymousreply 264January 21, 2020 6:41 PM

I hope the Queen dies this year, Charles in 2022 and William dies aged 50. We will then have a delightful young, gay 20 year old king on the throne!

by Anonymousreply 265January 21, 2020 11:31 PM

Charles will start the ball rolling, and William will modernize the monarchy out of existence. Poor George will just have to live on his inheritance and manage the estates along with Louis while Charlotte channels Great Grandmother Elizabeth and Great Auntie Anne and breeds/rides horses.

by Anonymousreply 266January 21, 2020 11:36 PM

sure he looked good at some point in the past. but he looked like a cotton swab when they married and is getting worse by the day. i stand by what i said, the phillip genes ruined this family, they enter their 20s and start to fall apart.

by Anonymousreply 267January 22, 2020 2:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268January 22, 2020 4:40 AM

Poor Princess Kate.

by Anonymousreply 269January 22, 2020 7:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270January 22, 2020 12:14 PM

She looks fine, r270. She's just standing next to a...particularly amply-proportioned woman, which makes her look extra thin by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 271January 22, 2020 3:14 PM

I don't understand why people insist that Harry is the son of anyone but Charles. He looks more like Charles/Philip than Diana. He has the exact same face shape and the same thin beady-eyes-nose-bridge-forehead-ridge combination as Charles and Philip.

by Anonymousreply 272January 22, 2020 3:29 PM

He looks a lot, facially, like old Queen Sticky Fingers herself, his great-great grandmother:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 22, 2020 6:13 PM

Kate needs to change up her hair. How about cutting off a few inches and adding that other dominant feature - HEIGHT?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274January 22, 2020 8:44 PM

That comic sketch has been very kind to Meg. Not so much to HM or William.

by Anonymousreply 275January 22, 2020 10:49 PM

R271 No. Kate doesn't look fine. She is an ironing board. No butt. She had to wear butt painding under wedding dress. I wonder if she starves herself because William like her to be thin or she wants to be more like Rose.

by Anonymousreply 276January 23, 2020 3:11 AM

^^ typo: padding

by Anonymousreply 277January 23, 2020 3:17 AM

The rumours about Rose were started by a friend of Meghan's.

I don't doubt that the rest of the family who aren't the primary players have endured a good deal of emotional stress thanks to the whingeing and emotional blackmail of Harry and his trashy grifter over the last couple of years.

And there's Meghan, still spitefully at it and launching spitballs every time Kate or William step outside to actually do what they are supposed to do . . . maybe when the Sussexes finally realise and accept that they are really over in Britain, Kate will feel like eating again.

The Queen did the right thing in going easy on the Sussexes at first. But given Meghan indicating that she hasn't got a grateful bone in her little barrel-shaped, toothpick legged body, HM should move on to the next step:

Letters Patent - no more Sussex name, no more HRH, and no rights to merch Sussex without a lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 278January 23, 2020 11:55 AM

William prefers "boyish" looking girls with long tranny hair.

by Anonymousreply 279January 23, 2020 1:49 PM

R279, so he must be TOTALLY into Meghan with her boxy torso and her fake tranny hairpieces.

by Anonymousreply 280January 23, 2020 1:55 PM

No, asshole Meghan is too voluptuous for Wills.

by Anonymousreply 281January 23, 2020 2:00 PM

Janetti is not that funny, I don't know why people keep referring to his Instagram as some sort of comedy haven. He even made a "well I guess Meghan can play herself on THE CROWN now! Hahaha!" joke that every half-bit Twitter comedian was trotting out after the announcement.

I'm guessing that's what happens when you're well connected - even pablum is elevated.

by Anonymousreply 282January 23, 2020 2:06 PM

Meghan can give Kate lessons in long tranny hair - Meghan barely has a real hair left on her head after all those years of "relaxing" the hair it's clear she was born with from the photos her Da provided last night - and if the bald spots revealed by overhead shots are anything to go by. That gurl is all weave and no hair.

Or as they say in Texas, all hat and no cattle.

Anyone find the overhead shots of Meghan's hair when she wore that lampshade white dress on the one trip the Queen took with her - ya know, the one where the aides told her the Queen would be wearing hat, meaning Meghan had to as well, only Meghan didn't (yeah, Megsy was always going to play straight with HM, it was just so much harder than she expected . . .?

The state of Meghan's scalp and hair in those overhead shots (harrymarkle wordpress might have them) was something appalling . . .

Harry must like women with bad hair and bad legs.

by Anonymousreply 283January 23, 2020 6:44 PM

Why, r283, are you auditioning for the role of Consort Bitch?

by Anonymousreply 284January 23, 2020 6:48 PM

Speaking of idiots, R236, you can’t even get commenter “331” right.

by Anonymousreply 285January 23, 2020 7:10 PM

"But given Meghan indicating that she hasn't got a grateful bone in her little barrel-shaped, toothpick legged body, HM should move on to the next step: Letters Patent - no more Sussex name, no more HRH, and no rights to merch Sussex without a lawsuit. "

No, she needs to save that for when the Sussexes try some business scheme that would embarrass the royal family. That's the Palace's primary hold over them, they shouldn't use it for small offenses.

by Anonymousreply 286January 23, 2020 7:51 PM

Looming 5 ft 10 Kate looks like a MtF and will look more like one as she ages. Little Meghan at 5 ft 4 looks very cute and feminine.

by Anonymousreply 287January 24, 2020 12:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 24, 2020 1:12 AM

Harry and Meghan to reimburse taxpayers for security expenses...

When they feel like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 24, 2020 1:16 AM

Damn, the tabloid's want us to believe the Royals are mopey co-dependents when we all know they are spiteful bloodsuckers.

by Anonymousreply 290January 24, 2020 1:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!