Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Fraus with one tear at the Tori Amos 1997 live from New York dvd

Talk about ruining an amazing live performance

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2020 6:28 AM

Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2020 2:38 AM

Your talking about the overweight blond with her hand on her mouth and a tear streaming. I hate her

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 12:29 AM

What song was this during again? It's been ages since I saw this performance; I used to own it on VHS which should give you an idea.

Never sure of my overall thoughts on this show. Some of it is really odd, and comes across like she is on something. Precious Things in particular. The slow, interminable versions of Winter, Silent All These Years and Me and a Gun are a slog. Caught a Lite Sneeze is one of my favourites but not the version she was doing here.

On the other hand Talula, Muhammad My Friend, Pretty Good Year are excellent. I think all up as a fan of Tori's I like this performance but I'd probably be a bit wary of showing it to others as their first Tori experience.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 4:22 AM

I think it was during Marianne. Not sure though

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 2:00 PM

The girls at 1:30?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 6:51 PM

No, they don’t help matters though. I’ll watch later and post which one.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2020 10:20 PM

Oh my gosh, I was making my way through the video and it's during "Little Earthquakes" isn't it? There are 5 audience reaction shots during that song: 38:40, 39:24, 39:59, 40:21 and 40:58.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2020 11:12 PM

Is this the frau?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 11:29 PM

According to the OP, that's not the one he was thinking of. I've posted some times to the performance of "Little Earthquakes" above and I think it may be the third one he's referring to, if I had to make a guess. Currently watching "Precious Things" and at 55:36 there's someone in the audience really, um, feeling the words too.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2020 11:34 PM

Damn! You’re really investigating

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2020 5:01 AM

Why are gays obsessed with this woman? She’s the frau bait ffs.

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2020 5:47 AM

I love when she stops to address the people talking during her performance of Little Earthquakes at Live at Montreux. She’s immensely talented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2020 6:25 AM

^ Not at all. During the 90s she developed a really strong following due to her music demonstrating a real understanding of what it is like to be an outsider and the feelings that come with that, in addition to being an extremely talented pianist. Back then, when I was an angsty teenager, people from across the board really respected her, not just gay guys and women, but straight guys too. I've been to see her in concert twice and the crowd is always really diverse. I got chatting to a straight guy and his girlfriend at one concert and he was raving about the influence of Led Zeppelin on her style. Both times there have clearly been people at these concerts who are not that familiar with her and you'll hear them gasp watching her play her keyboards, especially when she starts playing two at once.

R12, I wish more artists would do that, I've been frustrated with people like that in an audience more than once.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2020 6:26 AM

Just to clarify as I pressed send to quickly, the first part of my answer is directed to R11, not R12 despite the one arrow :).

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2020 6:27 AM

^ TOO quickly, even. Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2020 6:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!