Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina' Part 3

[quote]When it comes to love, she's going Straight to Hell. Sabrina's back with a song that will be stuck in your head all day long, no spell required.

Part 3 arrives January 24 on Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270July 10, 2020 2:52 PM

Thread for Part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 10, 2020 12:02 AM

The treasure trail on the lead... and the other guy shirtless... Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 2January 10, 2020 12:05 AM

I'll be checking it out at some stage but Sabrina wanting to go get Nick just irked me. And Lucifer was defeated way too easily. I much preferred the first part of the season.

by Anonymousreply 3January 10, 2020 10:20 AM

Lucifer seems to be back in the trailer, though?

Does anyone know who the handsome actor at 2:27 is? It's not DL fave Cody Fern, is it?

by Anonymousreply 4January 10, 2020 10:25 AM

I really liked season one but trying to watch season two was a total chore. I managed to watch the first episode and then forgot the whole show even existed.

by Anonymousreply 5January 10, 2020 10:28 AM

r5 Yeah, I didn't much care for the second part either. They need to make it... smaller, if that makes sense. Root it more in everyday life, rather than this huge apocalyptic arc they have going on.

by Anonymousreply 6January 10, 2020 1:23 PM

Luke Cook isn't as hot to me anymore now that I know he's straight, but it'll still be nice to see him again. He seems really into tucking...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 10, 2020 4:40 PM

I've never, ever found Luke or Gavin hot, especially considering how much Gavin talks about bathroom stuff. Team Ross, through and through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 10, 2020 4:45 PM

r8 Ross has such a taut tummy in that vid, looks delish! 🤤

by Anonymousreply 9January 10, 2020 4:47 PM

It's almost quaint that she sings with such good diction.

by Anonymousreply 10January 10, 2020 4:48 PM

I had no idea lil' Sally could sing!

by Anonymousreply 11January 10, 2020 4:51 PM

I noticed a lot of fans didn't care for the second half because of her friends. I did find the Roz/Harvey pairing somewhat random. I didn't care for the Theo bullshit at all. And even though Ambrose is pan, I wanted to see more of him with Luke instead of Prudence. I like her, but don't understand why they teamed up after what she did to him.

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2020 3:45 AM

I hate how they're playing loosey-goosey with Prudence. Is she a villain or a hero? They keep having her do terrible shit to Sabrina and gang and yet whenever there's a problem Sabrina keeps rushing to Prudence and the weird sisters to team up. It's getting on my nerves. Are they all friends or are they enemies?

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2020 3:51 AM

R13 frenemies

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2020 5:49 AM

R14 See, I don't buy that either because of the magnitude of what Prudence does. It'd be one thing if she just spread rumors about Sabrina or humiliated her from time to time, but Prudence and the weird sisters straight up tried to murder Sabrina's boyfriend and ended up maiming 15 mortals and crushing Harvey's brother to death in the process. That's too evil for Prudence to be considered a frenemy.

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2020 6:17 AM

R15 i don't buy it either, but it's the best i could come up with.

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2020 7:56 AM

[quote]Prudence and the weird sisters straight up tried to murder Sabrina's boyfriend and ended up maiming 15 mortals and crushing Harvey's brother to death in the process. That's too evil for Prudence to be considered a frenemy.

Prudence was not involved in that plot, just the other two. They made it clear Prudence didn't approve when she finds out about it.

Exactly because of what you are saying, the writers don't want Prudence to be too bad because they want her to be a frenemy.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2020 9:23 PM

Why is Ambrose with Prudence so much in that video? Is it just because they're secondary characters or are they pairing them together now? If the latter, I don't like the sound of that.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2020 9:28 PM

I would have preferred that this video was never made.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2020 9:30 PM

Ambrose and Prudence already are paired up together r18, it happened in season 2. Much to the chagrin of many on this board who didn't want to see Ambrose with a girl.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2020 9:32 PM

I agree with R13 about Prudence. Yes, they have avoided having her do anything *too* evil but the real problem has more to do with the abrupt shifts in tone from one episode to the next when it comes to their relationship. They should shit or get off the pot with her.

I see the same issues with Miranda Otto's character, as well.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2020 9:33 PM

r20 Damn, thanks, I had a feeling I must have missed that arc, that's how little I can recall of the second season. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2020 9:34 PM

It’s terrible but I watch it because Lucy and Miranda are so good.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2020 9:35 PM

r19 Haha, why? You think it's that bad? 😄

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2020 9:35 PM

Oh and Michelle Gomez, she’s a delight!

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2020 9:36 PM

Not that poster but it is a little cringworthy r24.

But it gave me Gavin shirtless in chains and Ross Lynch back in that crop top from season 1, so it's not all bad.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2020 9:43 PM

R26 it's supposed to be campy. At least they're trying something different with the trailer.

R25 lol I was going to ask if you're forgetting someone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2020 11:00 PM

ADORE her!!!

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2020 1:51 AM

Yes, this show is all about the three adult women for me (aunts and Mrs. Satan). And of course tight little Ross.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2020 12:14 PM

Satan got to show his ass last season, this season it's Ross' turn.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2020 12:51 PM

BTS video for the music video trailer. The bod on Gavin at 0:56!

And holy shit, that thing Gavin and Ross do at 1:20. 👀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2020 6:20 PM

I love that song! Can't get it out of my head.

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2020 10:17 PM

Official trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2020 7:55 PM

I wonder if any angels will make an appearance this season 🤔 They kind of came out of nowhere last season.

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2020 12:49 AM

Wait, there were [italic]angels[/italic] featured in last season?! Christ, I can't recall any of that and yet I remember the first season perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2020 12:53 AM

R35 Lmao yes. That's when Sabrina goes apeshit on them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2020 2:28 AM

So I guess there'll be no gay content this season. Not sure if I'm going to watch it or not...

by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2020 6:12 AM

Theo seems to have a boyfriend in the trailer...

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2020 10:41 AM

R38 why would that count??

by Anonymousreply 39January 17, 2020 11:20 AM

Because... he's a boy... who has a boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 40January 17, 2020 11:23 AM

Theo's actress isn't actually trans though so it's basically a straight relationship.

by Anonymousreply 41January 17, 2020 1:36 PM

Wouldn't count regardless, Theo is too feminine for us to enjoy the "gay" content he has. You can glue a dildo on it, doesn't change the vagina underneath.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of gay content. Despite how the DL bitches about it, this show caters to us plenty. They have the whole "witches don't care about sexuality so everyone fucks everyone" rule that opens the door for a WHOLE lot of gay content. There's Ambrose's boyfriend, the orgy which basically showed Nick's down for the pole, not to mention how they objectify all of their male actors (Harvey's crop-top and constant half-nudity, Lucifer's full nudity, etc etc). This show delivers just fine on gay content.

by Anonymousreply 42January 17, 2020 4:38 PM

I'll wait and see then R42 but I'm not as optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2020 2:13 AM

R40 uh no he's not a boy. I don't care how he identifies.

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2020 3:20 AM

Straight actors play gay characters all the time. But whatever, let's not fill this thread up with this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2020 3:24 AM

[Quote] Straight actors play gay characters all the time.

Not the same thing but ok.....

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2020 8:15 AM

I disagree but ok...

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2020 10:00 AM

R42 The only actual gay content in this show was the relationship between Luke and Ambrose. And Luke was conveniently absenthalf of season 2, eventually killed off. Now it seems like Ambrose is getting it on with Prudence, so much for homosexuality. This show likes to pretend it's open-minded with the whole "witches and warlock are sexually fluid" but in reality it's very straight. They don't even have lesbian content, which is usually easier to portray because it's less offensive to the audience.

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2020 1:39 PM

I can't wait for this season. The costumes are fantastic for each character. Kiernan, who is slightly miscast, nonetheless looks darling in her outfits.

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2020 7:40 PM

Kiernan is the worst thing about this show. Her characterization of Sabina is way over the top, she makes her look like a spoiled brat.

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2020 8:30 PM

R50 Sabrina is a spoiled brat.

by Anonymousreply 51January 19, 2020 12:30 AM

Kiernan is fine, but she doesn't do bad girl well. Even with that recent video I think it is supposed to be gasp look at Sabrina being all bad bitch and sexy, but that's not Kiernan.

by Anonymousreply 52January 19, 2020 12:40 AM

Although Kiernan can pull off creepy. February disturbed the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 53January 19, 2020 12:47 AM

It's out, it's out, it's out!

by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2020 10:57 AM

R54 how is it??

by Anonymousreply 55January 24, 2020 11:03 AM

r55 Watching the first epi now. Love the adventure aspect. Sam Corlett is another cheap Australian actor with a perfect bod they introduced. Lovely nips, very nice.

Chance Perdomo still doing the Liza thing with his lines for some reason. "We can eashily exshtract that informashion from your corpsh." I complain about this every season and every season he gets worse. 😩

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 24, 2020 12:22 PM

Any nudity yet?

by Anonymousreply 57January 24, 2020 12:24 PM

Not yet, just shirtlessness.

by Anonymousreply 58January 24, 2020 12:27 PM

I didn't care for the whole Wizard of Oz thing.

by Anonymousreply 59January 24, 2020 12:55 PM

Call me when Harvey takes his pants off.

by Anonymousreply 60January 24, 2020 12:57 PM

He takes his pants off in the first episode. Still has his boxers on, but you can see the bulge.

by Anonymousreply 61January 24, 2020 12:59 PM

Perfect. Say what you want, Berlanti always delivers.

by Anonymousreply 62January 24, 2020 1:01 PM

Yup, and Gavin's abs and glass-cutting nips are casually displayed throughout the first episode as well.

Richard Coyle paying Hilda Spellman is something else. Man, he's so good at mimicry.

by Anonymousreply 63January 24, 2020 1:06 PM

Anything gay?

by Anonymousreply 64January 24, 2020 1:36 PM

The physical fight between Nick and Lucifer in episode 1 was quite arousing.

by Anonymousreply 65January 24, 2020 4:11 PM

No gay action, lame. Do they think that little girl dressing up as a boy kissing another guy is gay?

by Anonymousreply 66January 24, 2020 10:14 PM

R66 Trans and trans supporters have convinced themselves that shaving your head and taping down your titties makes you a boy.

by Anonymousreply 67January 24, 2020 11:09 PM

R66 Well, then I guess I won't be watching this season any time soon. Maybe in a few weeks

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2020 2:09 AM

[quote]Anything gay?

Nick nude from the side and more Lucifer butt.

Lucifer makes a lot of gay references to what happened between him and Nick.

It's implied/shown that Nick is bisexual again and completely forgotten that Ambrose is.

Another lesbian pairing, I see.

This wasn't as good as Parts 1 or 2 but 3 is more of a bridge season to get us to 4.

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2020 5:04 AM

I still can't forgive them for killing off Luke before even giving him a chance

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2020 5:15 AM

R69 So just fan service...

by Anonymousreply 71January 25, 2020 5:16 AM

I really didn't like the Wizard of Oz shit with the gang's venture into hell, it felt lazy and uninspired, especially considering Hell is basically the easiest thing for a writer to get creative with their interpretation of. To rip off The Wizard of Oz was just weird, boring, and pathetic. Amateur hour.

I was honestly much more interested in whatever the hell Ambrose and Prudence were doing, their scenes in New Orleans were ten times more interesting than anything Sabrina was up to. It made me think a spin-off with the two would be fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 72January 25, 2020 5:18 AM

Nick nude from the side?

by Anonymousreply 73January 25, 2020 5:18 AM

R73, it's pretty quick when he is showering at Sabrina's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 25, 2020 5:24 AM

Shipja is starting to get on my nerves, she plays sabrina like a bratty little bitch. Also they made her into the dumbest bitch. Literally letting that piggy faced clay guy to steal two of the unholy treasures while she sat and watched. Anyway season 1 still is the best. Seeing luke being satans bitch was hot.

by Anonymousreply 75January 25, 2020 5:26 AM

[quote]Because... he's a boy... who has a boyfriend?

Blocked for being a homophobe. The actress playing Theo was born a woman idiot. That fish has nothing to do with being a man.

by Anonymousreply 76January 25, 2020 5:26 AM

R74 Thank you!!!

by Anonymousreply 77January 25, 2020 5:31 AM

I find Theo much more annoying and bratty than Sabrina. That being said, how come Theo's uncle got to be rescued from Hell but Harvey's brother and Roz's grandmother weren't? Also I love how nobody ever shows concern for Harvey. When Roz and Theo were going through shit everybody flocked to comfort them. Harvey had to experience his brother being crushed and left to asphyxiate to death in the mine (in an accident he himself survived which no doubt gage him survivor's guilt), go through his brother being reanimated as a violent and emotionless zombie, AND shoot his reanimated brother in cold blood to kill him all over again. That's heavier than anything any other character on the show has experienced and yet Harvey's just cast to the side. He's perfectly fine. They've written him like a puppy to be trotted out and "aw"-ed at by the audience whenever Sabrina needs a vote of confidence.

by Anonymousreply 78January 25, 2020 5:36 AM

R75 I agree. As I said before, Kiernan is the worst thing about this show. She's just not good at making Sabrina likeable. The guy who plays Nick showed some decent acting skills this season. Him and the girl who plays Prudence are probably the best "teen" actors/actresses of the show.

by Anonymousreply 79January 25, 2020 6:15 AM

At one point early in the season Nick was lying on a bed and we got a rapid shot of his bulge, it was quite noticeable.

by Anonymousreply 80January 25, 2020 6:17 AM

I think Kiernan is "sort of" the worst thing about the show. Her character is supposed to vacillate between being a "bratty little bitch" (she's the daughter of Satan after all and quite evil on occasion) and being sweet. She cares about her friends but isn't above taking someone out. Her classmates at the witch school have tried to kill her but they're also her friends. I'm not even sure how someone would go about pulling that off as an actress. Maybe SMG in Buffy is a good example but Buffy isn't secretly power hungry & kind of evil.

The actress that plays Prudence is great in the role and I wouldn't mind them focusing on her more. The actress that plays Rosalind is stuck with a character that doesn't have much to do this season. I liked her in the first parts with what little they gave her to do. The problem with being so powerful is that you get sidelined because the plot doesn't work with you in it since everything is much easier with a character who can see the future.

R80, I think it looks padded so you can't actually make out anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 25, 2020 7:45 AM

R80 it's really weird how fans continually bring up Harvey not liking magic. Can you blame the guy?? i think some also forget that Sabrina pushed him away last season. Getting with Roz was unnecessary though.

by Anonymousreply 82January 25, 2020 9:15 AM

Any gay scenes this season? If not I don't care. You know it's bad when even the SJWs on tumblr called out the show last year for its crap treatment of its one gay character. It was all about trans, trans and MORE trans! Yet not a single gay kiss for thee gay (or bi/whatever) character. Such bs.

by Anonymousreply 83January 25, 2020 10:46 AM

[Quote]The only actual gay content in this show was the relationship between Luke and Ambrose. And Luke was conveniently absenthalf of season 2, eventually killed off. Now it seems like Ambrose is getting it on with Prudence, so much for homosexuality. This show likes to pretend it's open-minded with the whole "witches and warlock are sexually fluid" but in reality it's very straight. They don't even have lesbian content, which is usually easier to portray because it's less offensive to the audience.

R42 NAILED IT.

by Anonymousreply 84January 25, 2020 10:52 AM

[Quote] Nick nude from the side and more Lucifer butt. Lucifer makes a lot of gay references to what happened between him and Nick. It's implied/shown that Nick is bisexual again and completely forgotten that Ambrose is. Another lesbian pairing, I see. This wasn't as good as Parts 1 or 2 but 3 is more of a bridge season to get us to 4.

In other words, nothing gay... just trans and lesbian (of course, it's not like tv isn't overflowing with lesbians already LOOOL). At least that's one less show I have to watch.

by Anonymousreply 85January 25, 2020 10:55 AM

It's weird what the show has done with Harvey. They've made him go through horrible shit due to Sabrina and her world and then had her basically dump him for Nick. Why is he even still there? I'm not complaining, Harvey's my favorite character, but it's just weird to have them do all this awful shit to that character AND have Sabrina essentially dump him and still have him trotting at her heels. It's weird.

by Anonymousreply 86January 25, 2020 2:05 PM

Same thoughts about Harvey. At one point in the diner he essentially says, "Sabrina, you're amazing"or something to the same effect, and I had to roll my eyes at the Mary-Sue type exposition. If you have to tell the audience how awesome the main character is with anvils like that, the writers aren't doing their job. This season just feels like it's trying far too hard to be edgy without actually taking any risks. And I'm really hoping Theo dies a slow painful death. He's a throughly annoying character, and I' putting that down to both the writers and the actress's pronounced stunted range.

by Anonymousreply 87January 25, 2020 2:23 PM

Theo is by far the most annoying character on the show. More annoying than Sabrina. He makes every single thing that happens about him. He gives these annoying speeches like "I'm a big bad dude I'm masculine I could kick your ass" and then hides behind Harvey anytime something bad happens. He asks other people to fight his battles for him and yet they're trying to convince us he's this strong character. He's more girly as a dude than when he was an actual girl.

by Anonymousreply 88January 25, 2020 2:31 PM

He always gets angry at other people who've helped him too, which really pisses me off. I know he's only there for woke-points, but other than that I really don't get why the gang hangs out with Theo. He's a little asshole.

by Anonymousreply 89January 25, 2020 2:32 PM

Yeah I hate Theo too. I was glad the show had trans reprensentation at first but the character sucks. Second most annoying character after Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 90January 25, 2020 3:01 PM

Did Shipka get lip injections? Her lips look really off in this. Distractingly so.

by Anonymousreply 91January 25, 2020 4:32 PM

Take a shot every time Ambrose calls Sabrina "cousin".

by Anonymousreply 92January 25, 2020 6:28 PM

Take a shot every time Sabrina wants to have her cake and eat it too.

by Anonymousreply 93January 25, 2020 6:34 PM

There is a band now!? Interruptions for musical interludes? I guess the video teaser was a warning of what was to come. Ugh

Also it has only been three months since the pilot of the show?!

I feel this show raised the stakes too early. Can't believe it is the first episode of season three and the show is already at a Sabrina-being-queen-of-hell plotline. That seems like it would be a season 5 plot.

When I started the latest season of Sex Education last week in was immediately enraptured back and impressed.

This show didnt generate that same feeling.

by Anonymousreply 94January 25, 2020 7:05 PM

Nick hooks up with both male and female sex demons that dom him... if only it had been longer.

by Anonymousreply 95January 25, 2020 7:22 PM

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to let Shipka sing?

by Anonymousreply 96January 26, 2020 12:59 AM

I'm rooting for the pagans, tbh.

by Anonymousreply 97January 26, 2020 1:14 AM

For all the witches are into free live rhetoric they like spewing they hardly show same sex stuff, this season was devoided of gay romance. It's frustrating when you have a gay showrunner and makes trans bs the most important thing, that little girl is not a boy.

by Anonymousreply 98January 26, 2020 1:31 AM

If Theo is a trans FTM, what's the point in having her date a guy?

by Anonymousreply 99January 26, 2020 1:52 AM

I'm glad they made Nick canonically bi but why were the sex demons so unappealing? And we didn't see anything remotely sexual happening between them, just some out of frame whipping.

by Anonymousreply 100January 26, 2020 5:49 AM

The actor who plays Theo has the most annoying piercing scream since Dakota Fanning.

by Anonymousreply 101January 26, 2020 7:15 AM

I did like the realism of giving Nick PTSD from being possessed by the Devil. On a lot of shows like this, it's just "Hey I went to Hell, I'm back now, what's for lunch?"

by Anonymousreply 102January 26, 2020 7:27 AM

I loved this season way more than the second one, which I can barely recall. Great arc with the pagans and I'm glad they finally addressed the issue of witchcraft in this show only being portrayed as a rebuke to Christianity. The Hecate scene in the last episode was a great little moment of female empowerment that was way overdue. Loved the biblical treasure hunt. Intrigued by the eldritch terrors, but also ready for this show to get smaller in scope.

Random thoughts: Chance Perdomo bugs me as an actor - the forced lisp and his mugging and his lower teeth acting and his inability to say the word "nubile" properly... I could go on and on. His lack of chemistry with Prudence was laughable and I'm glad they broke that off. I'm also glad they're not pursuing Sabrina and Harvey - what a cliché that would be. I want to be seeded by Pan in his original form - that was actually my teenage fantasy back in the day... The hobgoblin can jump in as well; did you see his bod?!

by Anonymousreply 103January 26, 2020 12:28 PM

[Quote]loved this season way more than the second one, which I can barely recall

I'm finding this season to be the worst one so far. The writing seems much clunkier, all the musical numbers make me cringe, and there have been so many low budget sets as the show tries to expand to show more of the world.

by Anonymousreply 104January 26, 2020 12:58 PM

I thought the writing was great, but the musical parts were out of place. My favourite season yet.

by Anonymousreply 105January 26, 2020 1:02 PM

The kiss with zelda and the voodoo witch did surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 106January 26, 2020 1:12 PM

R106 I'm not against it but it really came out of nowhere, like so many other things this season.

by Anonymousreply 107January 26, 2020 3:02 PM

At first I really despaired of this season, but it really picked up by the middle, and I was fully on board. I agree that it was such better than season 2, which I, too, can only vaguely remember. Looking forward to season 4.

by Anonymousreply 108January 26, 2020 3:34 PM

Glad it to hear that r108. I thought the first few episodes were really rough, it does seem to be getting better though.

by Anonymousreply 109January 26, 2020 3:38 PM

All complaints aside it's still a far better show than most of the shit that's on Netflix nowadays. It seems like their business model has transformed into throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 26, 2020 4:56 PM

The show delivers on the male eye candy department (like the new addition of Sam Corlett, Jonathan Whitesell, and Will Swenson). I like Theo hooking up with Robin. Loved the Hecate scene (LOL at the guys just on the sideline watching). Also Harvey being turned on by Rosalind saving him. Nice cameo of Bronson Pinchot and L. Scott Caldwell. Hilda as spider creature was a bit of a let-down though. I love how much edgier Nicholas got this season. And I love Luke Cook as Lucifer.

Season one had eleven episodes, season two had nine, and this season has eight. Trouble at Netflix?

The reason why I don't like Shipka is that, because of her finding out she's allergic to cats (or "finding out"), the show barely uses Salem, the cat. Would love to see the cat (and what he really is?) more.

by Anonymousreply 111January 26, 2020 5:37 PM

The show has really jettisoned familiars all around r111.

Every witch is supposed to have their own animal familiar, but you wouldn't know that, especially from this recent season.

by Anonymousreply 112January 26, 2020 5:43 PM

Because Shipka hid her allergy until after she was cast they've had to sideline the familiars plot (it's clear when watching the first season that the first few episodes which center around the "i have to pick a familiar" conflict were written before the show got picked up). After Shipka was cast it's clear that Salem became nothing more than a deus ex-machina.

by Anonymousreply 113January 26, 2020 5:51 PM

She should have been fired for hiding her allergy!

by Anonymousreply 114January 26, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote]Season one had eleven episodes, season two had nine, and this season has eight. Trouble at Netflix?

I think all of the services have been reevaluating episode count.

There were 22 episodes in Season 1. (Parts 1 and 2)

There are 16 in Season 2. (Parts 3 and 4)

While they save money with less episodes there is also less filler content.

Apparently Part 4 will focus on Sabrina in hell. It was referred to as a "demonic version of The Crown."

They had a two week break and started shooting Part 4 which they are almost done with now.

by Anonymousreply 115January 26, 2020 6:32 PM

Is Nick gay irl?

by Anonymousreply 116January 26, 2020 6:42 PM

Nick and Ross are both straight, but Ross is the more likely of the two to have homosexual tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 117January 26, 2020 6:48 PM

R110 that's been their thing for ages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 26, 2020 7:00 PM

I would like for Harvey, Nick, and Caliban to have a torrid ménage a trois.

by Anonymousreply 119January 27, 2020 2:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 27, 2020 2:25 AM

R120 lol what is he wearing??

by Anonymousreply 121January 27, 2020 2:28 AM

I don't mind so many hunks, of course; but I wish that most of them didn't have fake English accents (Caliban and Lucifer are both Australian in real life). if they could fake English accents, why can't they fake American accents?

by Anonymousreply 122January 27, 2020 2:28 AM

Caliban is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 123January 27, 2020 2:31 AM

R123, you are blind or crazy.

by Anonymousreply 124January 27, 2020 2:32 AM

He's not ugly but he's kind of bland and looks a bit stupid. I'm curious to see where his relationship with Sabrina goes though.

by Anonymousreply 125January 27, 2020 2:43 AM

I'm guessing Queen Sabrina will get with Caliban in Hell while Teen Sabrina is on Earth with a new love interest.

I wish they would put Nick with a guy for a while.

by Anonymousreply 126January 27, 2020 3:29 AM

The actor really wants his character to get with Harvey. I also like the thought although it would make zero sense plot-wise. But we at least know that he's open to the possibility of being paired with a man. Sadly the last episode seemed to set up a romance with Prudence.

by Anonymousreply 127January 27, 2020 4:20 AM

My guess is all of the main actors (Shipka, Lynch, Leatherwood) are gunning for Harvey + Nick, or at least some other form of gay male representation among the main bunch, but they're being told no by Netflix higher ups. Believe it or not it isn't all Berlanti, one of the biggest obstacles in getting gay male characters in television is executives blocking it due to homophobia or fear of it turning off viewers. Either way, it looks like all of the actors really want more gay male representation but are being dismissed by the suits.

by Anonymousreply 128January 27, 2020 5:07 AM

[Quote] Believe it or not it isn't all Berlanti

He doesn't seem to have much luck with his Arrowverse shows either.

by Anonymousreply 129January 27, 2020 5:29 AM

R129 The lack of gay men in the Arrowverse isn't a grey area, that's entirely the fault of the suits at Warner Bros. That studio has a history of gay erasure and homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 130January 27, 2020 5:31 AM

R130 well it's not a good look when the CW is always claiming how liberal/woke it is. I'm not complaining about the lesbian/bi characters, but it could be a bit more balanced.

by Anonymousreply 131January 27, 2020 5:54 AM

R131 You're entirely right, but still, I don't think Berlanti has control over the diversity. I think that's up to the higher ups, who want to show a version of diversity that can still be regarded as "woke" without being too alienating. That philosophy is the reason why lesbians and bisexual women have much more representation than gay men in TV and film, because they're the "safe bet".

by Anonymousreply 132January 27, 2020 6:53 AM

R132 It still fucking sucks though.

by Anonymousreply 133January 27, 2020 8:44 AM

There's so many lazy inconsistencies. In part one and part two Harvey's father being an abusive piece of shit was an important and established plot point but now he's all buddy-buddy with Harvey? I thought Harvey blamed him for the death of his brother and moved out after they got into a fistfight at the Spellman house and Zelda used magic to stop the dad from bludgeoning Harvey?

Yeesh. Berlanti really doesn't give a fuck about his shows, does he. It's just another paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 134January 27, 2020 9:02 AM

Gavin's dick looks big. Thick.

by Anonymousreply 135January 27, 2020 9:08 AM

[Quote] In part one and part two Harvey's father being an abusive piece of shit was an important and established plot point but now he's all buddy-buddy with Harvey? I thought Harvey blamed him for the death of his brother and moved out after they got into a fistfight at the Spellman house and Zelda used magic to stop the dad from bludgeoning Harvey?

I thought Sabrina did a spell and fixed his dad?? I can't remember.....

by Anonymousreply 136January 27, 2020 9:08 AM

When Gavin's scrubbing himself in episode three you can see the reflection of his ass in the mirror. Someone clearly noticed and fogged up the mirror to try and hide it but you can still see it pretty clearly. Gavin has both a thick dick and a thick ass. Two for the price of one.

by Anonymousreply 137January 27, 2020 9:11 AM

Networks decide how much freedom the showrunner has and far he can push things. Eric Mabius told a story about how the network demanded the Ugly Betty showrunner to tone down the gay stuff, and he refused. The show got pushed in different time slots as a result and the ratings suffered and then the show got canceled. Apparently on Teen Wolf, Davis wanted to give fans what they wanted ("Sterek") but MTV and Hoechlin's manager apparently said no fucking way.

Greg Berlanti isn't Ryan Murphy who can get away with a lot when it comes to creative freedom on his shows. Berlanti is also in the uncomfortable position that he has to please CW, the network, and DC which owns all the superheroes from his TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 138January 27, 2020 9:37 AM

Harvey is either retarded or a closeted gay. The weird admiration he has for all the women around him has a certain GBF sexlessness to it.

by Anonymousreply 139January 27, 2020 9:38 AM

I love some of the weird inconsistencies. The head carnie says they can smell virgins, but when Sabrina and Co. put a glamour over Pesta, they can't tell the difference. Although given what Pesta looks like and can do, maybe she was a virgin. I also loved when Harvey finally got all hot and heavy with Roz he tore off his jean jacket to reveal a bare chest. So we're assuming he showed up looking like that? Interesting look, Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 140January 27, 2020 9:41 AM

I am sure the copyright owners of the Archie Comics (Riverdale) and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) have some control, even though both shows are quite different from the original source material.

by Anonymousreply 141January 27, 2020 9:41 AM

I loved the storyline of Hilda secretly being a 50 Shades Of Grey-style romance novelist. The satire of frauen was so funny and on point you'd think a Datalounger wrote it.

by Anonymousreply 142January 27, 2020 9:42 AM

It's weird that Sabrina and Roz and the gang were all supposed to be socially conscious outcasts in the first season and now they're rubbing elbows with the douchebag jocks that sexually harassed the tranny.

by Anonymousreply 143January 27, 2020 9:47 AM

I'm sure the Weird Sisters' comments about the Dark Lord essentially psychically dominating and butt-fucking Nick inspired a lot of interesting fanfics.

by Anonymousreply 144January 27, 2020 9:52 AM

Can Netflix not afford to rent the rights to Riverdale for a day or two for a Sabrina-Riverdale crossover? It's weird to have them go to Riverdale and treat it like this big cinematic universe type thing and not have them interact with any of the Riverdale characters.

by Anonymousreply 145January 27, 2020 9:55 AM

[Quote] Apparently on Teen Wolf, Davis wanted to give fans what they wanted ("Sterek") but MTV and Hoechlin's manager apparently said no fucking way.

I think you mean that's what Sterek shippers wanted. And it sounds like bullshit. It was never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 146January 27, 2020 10:06 AM

[quote] I think you mean that's what Sterek shippers wanted.

They were fans, too. I didn't claim ALL fans wanted it.

by Anonymousreply 147January 27, 2020 11:00 AM

R147 they consider themselves separate from the rest of Teen Wolf fandom.

by Anonymousreply 148January 27, 2020 11:07 AM

r148, as a non-Sterek shipper or non-hardcore Teen Wolf fan I wasn't aware of that distinction.

by Anonymousreply 149January 27, 2020 11:18 AM

R149 you should be proud of that.

by Anonymousreply 150January 27, 2020 11:27 AM

I want Pan to seed me and give me a primordial STD. Is that weird?

Though I have to say his face mask was kinda garbage. I've seen way better imaginings of a satyr... pretty much everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 151January 27, 2020 11:57 AM

[quote]Greg Berlanti isn't Ryan Murphy who can get away with a lot when it comes to creative freedom on his shows. Berlanti is also in the uncomfortable position that he has to please CW, the network, and DC which owns all the superheroes from his TV shows.

This is exactly why they can make Nick Scratch bisexual and actually be able to have him talk about it.

He's one of the few characters who isn't a comic book character. This Nick was made just for the show and the actor that plays him wasn't supposed to be on the show for more than a few episodes. He lucked out that the cast liked him and that the writers liked the idea that they had freedom with the character.

DC could always say "no" on making the character of Harvey gay or bisexual based on the history of the character and their (DC's) homophobia outside of lesbian relationships.

Sabrina's psychic BFF, Rosalind Walker and Father Blackwood are also show only characters.

by Anonymousreply 152January 27, 2020 3:05 PM

I want to move into Casa Spellman and I wouldn’t change a darn pillowslip .

by Anonymousreply 153January 27, 2020 3:20 PM

The inclusion of Roz is pointless and clearly tokenism, but Blackwood and Nick's inclusions were actually for the better of the plot. At least they show runners have done what they can to make Roz less annoying and insufferable in this Part.

by Anonymousreply 154January 27, 2020 5:35 PM

So was Theo, R154, although, they've gone in the opposite direction and made that character as annoying as possible.

by Anonymousreply 155January 27, 2020 8:05 PM

Despite how boring Hell is, I actually think I enjoyed this part more than the others. It's more cohesive, there's less side-tracking for subplots, there's more creativity with things like set design and costuming. The carnival was cool.

Why doesn't Sabrina just put Caliban to death? He's not even a real person, so there's nothing immoral about killing him. She's letting him make her look like a chump.

by Anonymousreply 156January 27, 2020 8:14 PM

I've already forgotten why they're keeping the Dark Lord prisoner. If the politics of Hell is such a thorn in their side why don't they just let the devil go home?

by Anonymousreply 157January 27, 2020 8:29 PM

The homoerotic shit between the Dark Lord and Nick is very clearly intentional. And yes, it's very... very hot.

by Anonymousreply 158January 27, 2020 8:34 PM

I love the Spellman house, R153. There are some great paintings in their entrance hall and also around the house that are reminiscent of the artwork in the Castavet’s apartment in Rosemary’s Baby. The house itself is so creaky and dimly lit but I’d find it cozy. And yes, R158. The wrestling between the two tight bodied men was hot af, as was Lucifer’s taunting of Nick when he came to confront him in the dungeon. I wonder what the Weird Sisters heard exactly, and who told them the rumor? Satan definitely had his way with Nick Scratch.

by Anonymousreply 159January 27, 2020 8:42 PM

The pagan ceremony with the rabbit bothered me. I thought Greendale's coven practiced satanic witchcraft, which is very different from pagan magick. The writers need to lay off the coke.

by Anonymousreply 160January 28, 2020 1:58 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing an Avengers: Endgame style battle in part four with the witches and satan versus the demons and caliban versus the pagans and the eldritch horrors.

by Anonymousreply 161January 28, 2020 2:08 AM

The writers have written in a thousand different obstacles and threats for Sabrina with no logical way to deal with them all.

by Anonymousreply 162January 28, 2020 2:10 AM

Why didn't they just have the actors sing live when Hilda and her hubbie were singing Sweeney Todd songs? The sound processing is distracting, it's incredibly obvious it was recorded in post in a studio.

by Anonymousreply 163January 28, 2020 3:39 AM

Are they seriously giving Sabrina a THIRD love interest through the clay dude? Also isn't that technically incest because they have the same father?

by Anonymousreply 164January 28, 2020 3:42 AM

R164 reminds me of True Blood.

by Anonymousreply 165January 28, 2020 5:16 AM

The actor playing Theo had “top surgery” to remove her breasts. You can see it in a scene in one of the episodes this season. I don’t dislike the character of Theo as much as some of you but I do find it so laughable that the jocks are all buddy-buddy with him. Sorry but high school boys aren’t that accepting. The new boyfriend Robin bugs me. Especially that stupid cap he’s always wearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 28, 2020 7:37 AM

This season sucked even more than part 2 which still had it's moments, the weird sisters mocking nick and calling him satans bitch was pretty homophobic, I thought was strangely homophobic considering they also fuck women too. Pretty dissapointed how this show is unraveling, it started so well especially how they had a decent dispaly of same sex love too.

by Anonymousreply 167January 28, 2020 7:44 AM

I really liked the Oz version of hell especially as I always found The Wizard Of Oz movie to be a nightmare dreamscape, partly because of the garish Technicolor, partly because of the creatures and partly because of Judy Garland’s performance where she barely held onto her emotions.

I like how real life characters like Baum and Bosch were in touch with the supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 168January 28, 2020 10:30 AM

[quote] That being said, how come Theo's uncle got to be rescued from Hell but Harvey's brother and Roz's grandmother weren't?

I think Sabrina said the latter weren’t literally in Hell?

by Anonymousreply 169January 28, 2020 10:31 AM

r166 I hated his stupid cap as well, though I guess that was taken directly from the comics. And they were trying to go with a complementary green-red colour combination, what with his green highlights, but it just didn't work. In fact, I was convinced they were trying to hide his baldness until he took it off.

by Anonymousreply 170January 28, 2020 10:32 AM

R170-I thought it was to hide his pointy hobgoblin ears.

by Anonymousreply 171January 28, 2020 11:19 AM

Yes, it was designed to hide his ears, but I watch too much porn and whenever there's a cap in porn, there's usually a receding hairline underneath. 😄

by Anonymousreply 172January 28, 2020 11:21 AM

R154, the inclusion of Rosalind isn't pointless, asshole or "tokenism."

It gave Sabrina a friend who is a girl to talk to.

Every film or tv show about a woman has a character who plays her best friend who is also a woman.

It doesn't matter if she's black and they've never made it a plot point.

by Anonymousreply 173January 28, 2020 1:27 PM

Agree the underlying racism of that post was obvious r173.

I don't particularly like Ros but it is obvious why she exists, it gives Sabrina a friend and and it gives Harvey another love interest to create a triangle there.

Pretty basic TV writing, you need a character to play that role.

by Anonymousreply 174January 28, 2020 1:48 PM

Yeah, because Robin joined the supernatural carnival troupe because he's the only creature in the world that's got a bald spot. THAT's why he was wearing a cap. Some viewers ... *shaking head*

by Anonymousreply 175January 28, 2020 2:00 PM

We were just speculating as to why the costume department had him wear a cap, not his character's life motivations for joining the carnival. You can unclench now, it's not that serious.

by Anonymousreply 176January 28, 2020 2:03 PM

I thought the red cap represented Theo’s concerns that he didn’t know anything about Robin. What if, for example, he actually had Deplorable tendencies?

by Anonymousreply 177January 28, 2020 2:11 PM

It was just to hide his ears, it's been clarified now. But yeah, Trump has ruined red caps for a good while now. Will take a decade or so to shake that association off.

by Anonymousreply 178January 28, 2020 2:14 PM

Originally, I thought that they were alluding that he's a redcap, but they didn't do anything with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 28, 2020 2:16 PM

Did anybody see the "Previously on Sabrina" they show at the beginning of the first episode of the season? They have various members of the cast paired up. The guys who play Harvey and Nick are together and ... well, neither is the most masculine acting guy.

by Anonymousreply 180January 28, 2020 3:19 PM

r170 Oh, wow, I'd never heard of that term before. I'm sure the cap was referencing that.

by Anonymousreply 181January 28, 2020 3:20 PM

*r179

by Anonymousreply 182January 28, 2020 3:20 PM

r180 No, but I did watch the BTS video at r31 and... yeah. But whatever, I like that they're so comfortable with not being masc.

by Anonymousreply 183January 28, 2020 3:22 PM

You can tell this show has a lot of gay showrunners because there are so many shirtless guys running around. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 184January 28, 2020 3:25 PM

I think Shipka is much better this season and really seems to "get" Sabrina now. I'm having a blast watching Sally Draper.

by Anonymousreply 185January 28, 2020 3:26 PM

R180-I noticed that too and just kept thinking, "Kiss already!"

by Anonymousreply 186January 28, 2020 5:59 PM

Lachlan Watson's character somehow seems more femme this season, despite the lopped off breasts. They wear earrings and fuss about a boy.

by Anonymousreply 187January 28, 2020 6:14 PM

I agree, R187. It's odd. Is he taking hormones? His voice is so high and no razor stubble.

by Anonymousreply 188January 28, 2020 6:30 PM

What I didn't understand in Part 3: When the coven turned to Hekátē (a Greek goddess), didn't they become effectively pagans as well? Why did they still oppose the pagans then? Shouldn't they have been allies?

Or did the pagans worship even older gods? Pan, also a Greek god, probably has Proto-Indo-European origins (as a psychopomp and pastoral guardian deity), so that would make sense. The whole Green Man thing is much younger, however, so I don't know. They should have used another deity from Proto-Indo-European mythology instead of the Green Man, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 189January 28, 2020 7:30 PM

r189 Yeah, that was a bit confusing for me as well. But Faustus explained it earlier in the season - those pagans were actually early witches that started thinking of themselves as gods. But they're not, they're just very old witches with specialised powers, just like Gryla, Sycorax, Pesta... and other witches who heeded the coven's call. Same for Pan; he was never a god, just a warlock who took over that form back in the day and stuck with it.

I guess the Green Man was the closest they could get to a deity that would represent nature itself. Though again, what they summoned in that future that never happened wasn't a god, but basically a weapon of mass destruction.

It's a bit like with Michelle Forbes' maenad character on True Blood - her entire life's purpose was to eventually summon Apollo. But of course he never came because she was just a single-minded mythological beast left over from the old days (like Pan) who was deluding herself.

by Anonymousreply 190January 28, 2020 7:41 PM

Zelda is such an unlikable cunt. Why do the hedge witches want to help her and her coven when she treats everybody like shit?

by Anonymousreply 191January 28, 2020 10:05 PM

I found it a bit annoying that they treated Zelda being shot by Mary as if it was some terrible and finite tragedy when the Spellman family has a magical backyard that can bring dead people back to life. Just plop her in the garden and wait for a minute or two.

by Anonymousreply 192January 28, 2020 10:40 PM

But their powers were waning. That's why Hilda didn't come back from the dead.

by Anonymousreply 193January 28, 2020 10:42 PM

It's a shame Lachlan Watson is so insufferable, considering they're one of the best actors of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 194January 28, 2020 11:18 PM

It's a shame Lachlan Watson is so insufferable, considering they're one of the best actors of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 195January 28, 2020 11:18 PM

I find this season a lot more entertaining and watchable than the past two seasons. The stakes and scope are higher and that benefits the show.

by Anonymousreply 196January 28, 2020 11:22 PM

R194-HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my stars, that was funny. They are not one of the best actors on the show. If they were, they wouldn't be annoying as shit.

by Anonymousreply 197January 29, 2020 12:03 AM

If the pagans were a big enough threat to cause an apocalypse that wiped out literally everything (earth, heaven, and hell) then why the hell hasn't Sabrina been trying to unite a fractured Hell? If she, all of the forces of Hell, Lucifer, Lilith, Caliban, and all of the witches teamed up the pagans wouldn't even stand a chance. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think she ever even considered the option. Why not? It seems like such an obvious solution.

by Anonymousreply 198January 29, 2020 3:43 AM

The future that never was ended up a whole lot more interesting than anything else the show has done in three seasons.

by Anonymousreply 199January 29, 2020 3:52 AM

r198 Because that race to retrieve the artifacts was in motion and came before everything else.

by Anonymousreply 200January 29, 2020 3:54 AM

The gays...er I mean the guys in the show are the only thing worth watching. This show should be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 201January 29, 2020 4:03 AM

I hate how they keep showing the trans kid with a gun as if he's supposed to be badass. It's hard to think of Theo as a badass when he literally cowers behind Sabrina and Harvey anytime something bad happens. Cocking a rifle doesn't trick us into thinking this small, scared little girl is a badass.

by Anonymousreply 202January 29, 2020 4:07 AM

Hilda torturing Circe with that voodoo doll was a unexpected. I figured Hilda would probably get to trap and imprison her or something vanilla like that, I didn't expect her revenge to be so violent and mature. It was a pleasant surprise and I hope we see more stuff like that from Hilda in future seasons.

by Anonymousreply 203January 29, 2020 4:11 AM

These stupid pronoun games, the chick wears make-up and dresses in real life, she's and woman not sone alien and most def not a man.

by Anonymousreply 204January 29, 2020 11:58 AM

It's a TV show r204, not real life. The actor that plays Theo is not a transguy in real life, but their character is on the show.

It ain't complicated.

by Anonymousreply 205January 29, 2020 12:08 PM

R205 In real life the actor considers herself non-binary and identifies as both a man and a woman or neither depending on how she feels. This is partly why they cast her as Theo.

by Anonymousreply 206January 29, 2020 1:41 PM

So finished the season. I thought the whole time travel thing was pretty sloppily written. I'm okay with time travel, but it has to be handled very carefully. This was not.

Also how on earth does this Caliban guy overpower and imprison freakin Satan himself and Lillith? But then when Sabrina goes back in time to that point...Satan and Lillith are not imprisoned and are just waiting for her by the throne. Sabrina doesn't prevent it, the writers just ignore it happened the second time. Sloppy.

And the whole virgin thing. There are three virgins in that whole town (or lets say the school, yeah right)?! The pagan folks are freakin in when at first they can't find one of those three virgins, just grab a damn kid. It's not that hard to find a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 207January 31, 2020 12:31 AM

[quote]Also how on earth does this Caliban guy overpower and imprison freakin Satan himself and Lillith? But then when Sabrina goes back in time to that point...Satan and Lillith are not imprisoned and are just waiting for her by the throne. Sabrina doesn't prevent it, the writers just ignore it happened the second time. Sloppy.

They said time in that cave passes differently. So Caliban dealt with Satan and Lilith *after* he had imprisoned Sabrina, it just appeared to us that that had occurred beforehand. But I agree that the time travel stuff could have been written better.

by Anonymousreply 208January 31, 2020 12:37 AM

R207 You can't just take a random kid. I took an English class in college that focused on folklore and horror stories. We had a similar thought when reading a story about a virgin sacrifice. She explained that a virgin needed to at least have hit puberty AND be a virgin, so prepubescent children didn't qualify. Though, I would imagine that there had to be a few more virgins in town.

by Anonymousreply 209January 31, 2020 12:42 AM

You can't swing a stick without hitting a virgin in highschool r209. And given it was established they could smell them, not difficult to find.

It's one of those things that is easy to execute better. You give some mcguffin like when they found their first virgins they gave them some magic X to get them ready for the ceremony, therefore it was imperative they find those specific ones for the sacrifice.

Stuff like that is just the difference between tight writing and sloppy writing.

by Anonymousreply 210January 31, 2020 12:55 AM

But they kept mentioning throughout the season that he was a virgin, so it all paid off in the end. Of course they're going to use one of the main characters (and subvert a TV trope in the process) rather than some random extra.

by Anonymousreply 211January 31, 2020 12:57 AM

Yes that is my point r211, it would have been easy to write in why it had to be our main characters. I came up with a way in two seconds and this is not my job.

by Anonymousreply 212January 31, 2020 1:01 AM

[quote]it would have been easy to write in why it had to be our main characters

The reason is... that he's one of the main characters. Don't you find it odd that some random American witch is the queen of Hell when the world is so vast? And that all the apocalyptic shit is only happening in Greendale? You don't really need a special reason for why these things happen to main characters in a show. They go from one adventure to another - that's the reason.

by Anonymousreply 213January 31, 2020 1:07 AM

On a positive note Mirando Otto killed that scene when she resurrected Hilda. Her and Michelle Gomez can really elevate this material.

by Anonymousreply 214January 31, 2020 1:08 AM

[quote]Don't you find it odd that some random American witch is the queen of Hell when the world is so vast?

No. It is explained in story that she is the daughter of Satan.

[quote] And that all the apocalyptic shit is only happening in Greendale?

No, it is explained in story that Greendale is where Satan landed when he fell from heaven so it is a special place.

[quote]You don't really need a special reason for why these things happen to main characters in a show.

You seem to be making the very lazy argument that quality of writing doesn't matter. Obviously the premise of any show is you have characters that stuff happens to. The execution of that is the difference between good shows and bad shows. How you craft your story, that is what all storytelling is from the days of Homer to the shows you watch on Netflix.

"Don't critique it, you shouldn't expect the writing to work!" is not an argument I find particularly compelling. Why even discuss a show if that is how you feel?

by Anonymousreply 215January 31, 2020 1:17 AM

I have to say, I'm not really interested in the next part if it's going to be about time travel. With all of the possibilities a show about witches offers, time travel is such a lazy and boring storytelling route to take.

by Anonymousreply 216January 31, 2020 1:49 AM

[quote]You can't swing a stick without hitting a virgin in highschool [R209]. And given it was established they could smell them, not difficult to find.

Very true. The show tried to throw something in there where they couldn't capture a virgin outside of Sabrina's friends because the witches put everyone in town to sleep except but I don't think they explained why that would make a difference at all or why the Pagans couldn't have just captured one earlier.

They could have said "well it has to be at the right time and they have to be enthralled by Pan's flute" but that would make too much damn sense.

[quote]"Don't critique it, you shouldn't expect the writing to work!" is not an argument I find particularly compelling. Why even discuss a show if that is how you feel?

I agree with R215.

Even a show like Buffy the Vampire Slayer had a very tight mythology and was able to weave a strong story from episode to episode by relying on it. They did such a good job at creating it that they could do random things like summoning a new "vampire slayer" as a shock twist without very much explanation.

Buffy dies, Kendra appears.

Fans can easily say, "Ah, when a slayer dies a new one is called (as they've said from the start) but they didn't have CPR until 1960 (because that's a historical fact) and Slayers don't usually have friends because they're trained to not have friends (as we've explained episodes ago and have mentioned multiple times) so we have two slayers now because this slayer had friends and someone used CPR to bring her back!"

The show only needs to point out that Buffy did die once and then move on. Why? Because they did a great job at filling in the blanks over the course of the story and establishing the universe they live in.

by Anonymousreply 217January 31, 2020 6:40 AM

R217 which is why Buffy is still the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 31, 2020 11:15 AM

[quote] The show only needs to point out that Buffy did die once and then move on.

During the show's run Buffy died at least twice. I don't think that they dealt with having another slayer the second time and went with the robot decoy instead and Buffy having PTSD from crawling her way out of her own grave.

by Anonymousreply 219January 31, 2020 12:58 PM

R219 the Slayer line ran through Faith and she wasn't dead, just in jail.

by Anonymousreply 220January 31, 2020 1:40 PM

R220 once again proves the point that other shows have stronger mythology.

Something else that bugged me with Sabrina was the issues with their powers.

- The witches are losing their powers.

- The witches realize the Devil doesn't want them to have powers but ONLY their group because he can ... do that even while imprisoned?

- Sabrina can be Queen of Hell but she can't grant people powers and neither can Lilith even though technically she's supposed to be more powerful than anyone which is why she defeated the salem witches last season?

- They can steal the blood of a celestial -- but then another character drinks all of it an Sabrina just shrugs her shoulders & doesn't even bother to do as much as yell at him for more than 5 seconds?

- Then some witches don't need to pray to anyone for powers like the outsider witches? How did they figure that out?

- The witches realize they can pray to Hecate for powers but then the boy witches just have to ... not have powers? Does Hecate hate men?

All of that could have been established by pointing out that witches can get power from any divine being which is also something that could have been pointed out two parts ago as a setup for what happened now.

by Anonymousreply 221January 31, 2020 7:36 PM

[quote] the Slayer line ran through Faith and she wasn't dead, just in jail.

Why was Buffy still a Slayer then after she resurrected? Her powers should have moved on to Faith and stayed there. Or did Faith and Buffy have shared custody of said powers?

by Anonymousreply 222January 31, 2020 7:41 PM

R222, off topic but: Slayers are born with their powers unactivated. When Buffy died and came back she was still "a" slayer but she was no longer "the" slayer with the ability to activate other slayers upon her death. Different slayers don't get different amounts of power because they already have the power. Slayers without their powers activated were usually "trained" just in case they became the chosen one. Buffy was the only Slayer that wasn't discovered before her power was activated. Faith and Kendra had been training for years prior to being activated but they always had the potential.

by Anonymousreply 223January 31, 2020 8:38 PM

R221 Also, since Lucifer's power comes from being a celestial being wouldn't Sabrina have innate powers that she could have shared with the witches? She is half celestial and it is literally in her blood, unlike Lilith, a point they made clear when Vlad the Impaler bit her neck.

by Anonymousreply 224January 31, 2020 10:32 PM

R224 Lilith said that because she's half mortal it wouldn't work, due to her blood being "polluted" by her mother's side of the family.

by Anonymousreply 225February 1, 2020 1:40 AM

R225 Then shouldn't her "polluted" blood have also not caused Vlad to react like it did?

by Anonymousreply 226February 1, 2020 2:45 AM

R226 It's a Greg Berlanti show, if you're looking for logic and a cohesive storyline then you're looking in the wrong place.

by Anonymousreply 227February 1, 2020 2:51 AM

Arrrgh so much singing. Whyyyy??

by Anonymousreply 228February 4, 2020 12:40 AM

This show has always played fast and loose with its rules of magic - usually depending on whatever the storyline called for.

My favorite scene may have been Hilda brutally taking down Circe. Showed her usually hidden darker side.

by Anonymousreply 229February 4, 2020 1:14 AM

You point out all of the plot holes regarding their powers, R221 but I do believe that other covens were weakening, revealed when Zelda and Hilda glamored as Fr. Blackwood met with those other three high priests near the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 230February 4, 2020 1:16 AM

I love little Robin Hobgoblin. I thought his face was adorably goofy the whole time with the fun green hair, definitely crush material. Then the shirt finally came off. Damn that actor is ripped.

by Anonymousreply 231February 4, 2020 1:54 AM

The actor who play Robin could play Crispin Glover's younger brother or son.

by Anonymousreply 232February 4, 2020 2:37 AM

I'm not sure what the deal is with Gavin Leatherwood but he really wants a gay romance on screen. After pushing for Nick and Harvey, he now seems to be on board with Nick and Caliban. He posted that video and also commented "cool with it" on a fan account discussing the pairing. Now I could see Nick hook up with Caliban (whereas it wouldn't make sense to make him hook up with Harvey) but the writers clearly are cowards and they won't give us a gay romance with a main character who's also a fan (teenage girls) favourite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233February 4, 2020 4:29 AM

R233 Both Ross and Gavin have been pushing for Nick and Harvey to fuck since day one of the show. The problem is producers (and Netflix) are averse to making the two love interests for the female lead sexually ambiguous. We've seen this problem before.

by Anonymousreply 234February 4, 2020 4:33 AM

Maybe Gavin doesn't like Kiernan.

by Anonymousreply 235February 4, 2020 6:44 PM

R235 they all seem to get along.

by Anonymousreply 236February 4, 2020 9:06 PM

Maybe Gavin isn't into women.

by Anonymousreply 237February 4, 2020 9:20 PM

Nah, Gavin talks too much about farting to not be into women. At the very very most he's "bicurious", but something tells me he's just another weird straight guy who's got an odd obsession with male intimacy.

by Anonymousreply 238February 4, 2020 10:44 PM

I’m trying so hard to stay engaged in this season.

The show has always been terrible, but I have enjoyed some of the performances so much they got me through — particularly the three older women.

But the show itself is so deeply awful this year I’m finding it virtually unbearable. I’m in the third ep.

by Anonymousreply 239February 12, 2020 1:58 AM

R239, so why are you watching? Stop being a martyr and do something you enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 240February 12, 2020 2:01 AM

I already said so — I want to enjoy the campy performances by Miranda Otto and Michelle Gomez. And Lucy Davis is so cute! But this season all their charm seems so flattened out.

by Anonymousreply 241February 12, 2020 2:21 AM

I thought the first few eps were really rough to get through as well, it does get better going as it goes along.

by Anonymousreply 242February 12, 2020 2:27 AM

Yes Miranda, Lucy and Michelle are great in it. Also the girl who plays Pru (Tati?) is solid. Everybody else is meh.

by Anonymousreply 243February 12, 2020 4:05 PM

I clicked like on the OP because I like Muriel’s troll tag.

by Anonymousreply 244February 12, 2020 4:09 PM

The troll tags are often very funny but I wonder about some of the red tagging. What if the guy is in the USA but his VPN puts him in Slovenia? Would a Russian troll be posting with a lot of passion about CAOS?

by Anonymousreply 245February 12, 2020 5:40 PM

[Quote] Would a Russian troll be posting with a lot of passion about CAOS?

Anything's possible 🤔

by Anonymousreply 246February 12, 2020 6:10 PM

Please tell me that CAOS is popular among Russian troll farms. It would make my day.

by Anonymousreply 247February 12, 2020 6:18 PM

[quote]"I'm just grateful that they didn't use all of the footage. There was so much stuff that didn't make the cut...There was some things I did with those sex demons that no one should know about," Gavin explained during a Build Series interview.

[quote]He added, "They've got the makeup and the horns and the pink and the green and stuff...And like a horn entered my mouth at some point! There was some weird stuff."

I would like to see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248March 2, 2020 6:58 AM

It's true that they're calling a Female (trans man) and a Male of "gay" couple?.... Gross and homophobic.

I can't believe that shit show has 3 threads here.

by Anonymousreply 249May 1, 2020 3:05 AM

Hopefully next season will actually have some gay male content.

by Anonymousreply 250May 1, 2020 3:09 AM

I hope gets cancelled soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 1, 2020 3:19 AM

[Quote] I can't believe that shit show has 3 threads here.

If there's a show with hot dudes in it, there will be a DL thread about it. And the first season had Ambrose dating Luke.

by Anonymousreply 252May 1, 2020 6:21 AM

I definitely agree with what some have said earlier in the thread, Sabrina is the worst part of the show. I just don't think the acting is strong enough, and as a character she makes wildly stupid and reckless decisions all the time.

My favourite characters are Hilda, Zelda, Lillith and Prudence. I'd watch if it was just those 4 as the main characters to be honest.

Nick is a pretty decent actor, and he does have a sexy bod, but Harvey I could easily do without.

by Anonymousreply 253May 1, 2020 9:32 AM

[Quote] I definitely agree with what some have said earlier in the thread, Sabrina is the worst part of the show. I just don't think the acting is strong enough, and as a character she makes wildly stupid and reckless decisions all the time.

This why i haven't bothered to watch season 3......yet.

by Anonymousreply 254May 1, 2020 12:00 PM

You are so missing out, r254

by Anonymousreply 255May 1, 2020 2:07 PM

Frilloux Love is stupid, it’s like saying to ban interracial couples from shows. No one forces you to watch anything on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 256May 1, 2020 2:13 PM

R255 I'll get around to it. Just not in a rush since i've heard season 3 is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 257May 1, 2020 2:18 PM

R256 Fuck o*f Tranny pet.

by Anonymousreply 258May 1, 2020 5:51 PM

Trans, trans give us more trans!

by Anonymousreply 259May 1, 2020 5:56 PM

R256 They're normalizing (heterosexism) heterosexual couples as gay couple, and what it's has to do with interracial? You're retarded?

by Anonymousreply 260May 1, 2020 6:09 PM

Whoa, Netflix canceled it. The next season will be the last, I'm pretty shocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261July 9, 2020 4:38 AM

Another bump thread, R261 in this case.

by Anonymousreply 262July 9, 2020 4:40 AM

The irony

[Quote]The untitled adaptation of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comic had originally been in development at the CW as a possible companion show to Riverdale, as both shows hail from Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and are based on characters from the Archie Comics universe. But Netflix was willing to give the show a sizable two-season, 20-episode straight-to-series order, which is the reason behind the move.

You know they regret going with Netflix instead of the CW now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263July 9, 2020 4:46 AM

They fucking killed off the gay relationship in favor of a straight one with prudence and the cousin, they are calling a liitle girl dating a man a gay relationship, this coming from a gay creator is fucking disgusting. This shit show jumped tge shark after season 1. It only appeals to loser sjws and trannies now.

by Anonymousreply 264July 9, 2020 7:06 AM

R23 the show would've been unbearable on the CW. And there wouldn't be any shots of Luke's butt either.

by Anonymousreply 265July 9, 2020 7:37 AM

[quote] You know they regret going with Netflix instead of the CW now.

Are you sure? CW canceled the other Riverdale spin off Katy Keene after its first season.

by Anonymousreply 266July 9, 2020 7:59 AM

I seriously hope we get something gay before the end.

by Anonymousreply 267July 10, 2020 6:29 AM

R267 🤞🤞🤞

by Anonymousreply 268July 10, 2020 10:18 AM

There are only eight episodes left. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

by Anonymousreply 269July 10, 2020 11:24 AM

I'm glad this shit show cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 270July 10, 2020 2:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!