Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Underwhelmed in a New Decade, 2020

So I had did an at-home sleep apnea test last night & will have to do it again tonight. (I already did one in a hospital years ago but couldn’t use CPAP afterwards. I have a new dr who wanted a new test).

I had sleep paralysis all night long. I kept dreaming I was awake and lying in bed looking out my bedroom door towards my husband’s bedroom trying to call to him because I needed help. I couldn’t breathe. I wanted him to come in and help me to turn & change my position so I could breathe. It was really frightening.

I guess tonight I’ll make sure the chest strap is a little looser.

by Anonymousreply 130December 11, 2020 3:15 PM

I have had that paralysis experience. Its as though you are about to "cross over"!

I MADE myself get used to the CPAP 15 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2020 2:56 AM

I’m being haunted by #9 Dream. It just keeps popping into my head, like it’s trying to tell me something.

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2020 10:52 PM

I hate this thread

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2020 10:54 PM

I like #9 Dream. It was recorded during the Lost Weekend phase, with May Pang's voice calling John's name. No Yoko is ok

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2020 1:23 AM

I was in Walmart & walked past 75% off Christmas stuff. There were a lot of boxes of Hershey’s Pot of Gold. Right across the aisle was the Valentine stuff...with a lot of boxes of Hershey’s Pot of Gold. They looked exactly the same. So I went & looked and there were 2 differences

1) Christmas boxes were red with darker red dots on them. Valentine boxes were red with darker red hearts on them.

2) Christmas boxes were $1.37. Valentine boxes were $5.99

If you need to give low grade chocolates out to people (coworkers, in laws, partners you’re pissed off at) on Valentine’s Day, save yourself some money & go to Walmart’s Christmas clearance section.

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2020 2:44 AM

I think I have sleep apnea too. I am soooo tired even though I get a full night's sleep.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2020 2:47 AM

Why is iPad mini so expensive?

by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2020 6:02 AM

Misheard Lyrics:

I'm but a coward, pussy pussy

Original Lyrics:

Au Bawakwa Pousse Pousse

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2020 7:16 AM

It may rain tomorrow and I need to find my umbrella.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2020 8:37 AM

Iran...in case you’re listening., people in NY voted against Trump, hate him, Demi start against him & condemn political assassination.

So if you have any complaints or responses to Trump’s behavior, please contact pro-Trump areas of the United States so they can take responsibility for his shit.

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2020 3:57 PM

Kind of whelming, OP, but my advice to you is to make yourself get used to a CPAP. None of this "I can't" stuff because almost everyone can, they just don't want to.

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2020 4:00 PM

I can’t. First they put the nose mask on & the air pressure caused immediate & continuous sinus pain. They they put on the face mask and it was like a tire-inflating air hose from the gas station going through my intestines, causing cramps & releasing constant gas. I couldn’t t sleep

“You’ll get used to it.”

I didn’t. Woke up with the mask on the floor, where I’d pulled it off & thrown it once I’d finally fallen asleep after several nights of sleeplessness.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2020 3:16 PM

Also regarding CPAP — I had to take a day off to drive the 4 hour round trip to where the CPAP supplier was (a very heavily traffic jammed route). I was given 15 minutes of instruction by a rushed guy and sent on my way. There was no follow up. When I called back to talk to someone about problems I was having they were having none of it. “We showed you how to use it. If you wanna come back here we’ll walk you through the demo again,, but that’s all we do. The air pressure is 14 because your dr said a lower pressure doesn’t help because you have a collapsed nasopharynx. We gave you the nasal mask and the face mask & we fitted them to your face. There’s nothing else that we do.”

It wasn’t like physiotherapy where you can talk to the therapist about problems you’re having & they work with you to figure out specific exercises that will help you.

CPAP is a Just machine & the people who rented them were just your basic storefront operators. The place was bare bones, take it or leave it, “Wut? Dis don’t work for you? Waddaya want me to doo abowditt, cry aw sumfin? Dis here is a biznizz, not some kynda restaurant where we cook speshul food faw you aw sumfin,, kniw wut I’m sayin? Awl we do is fit da mask, show you howdda do the machine & we awreddy dun that, ok?

Now if you’ll SKUZE ME, we got bizness to do.”

It was like the Christophuh Moltisanti CPAP Machine Shop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2020 4:00 PM

I just took a look at my favorite online nursery to see when they’ll start shipping for the spring season & they’ve switched over to selling to bulk buyers only.

This just made me practically suicidal.

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2020 1:14 AM

Sounds like you got the good weed, OP. Everything’s going to be ok.

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2020 1:47 AM

I rarely eat sugar, had three Oreos and feel like death. I'm too sick to change the channel and it's stuck on some cop show on A & E. Why is it still called Arts and Entertainment when neither happen on the channel anymore?

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2020 3:37 AM

My back hurts.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2020 3:55 AM

I feel like I wake up to pee 30x/night now, and I don’t know why. It’s not like I’m properly hydrated.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2020 4:35 AM

I’m having leg cramps at night. I told my dr and she just told me to take magnesium. I was like, “What about checking my circulation? What about checking for blood clots? What about a stress test?”

And she was all like....... “you old now.”

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2020 8:14 AM

I watched an old episode of The Fugitive on MeTV last night & it starred a weird little girl who talked in a made-up language to her doll that she kept hidden underwater in a pond. It was Twilight Zone-ish

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2020 8:38 PM

I just wrapped up a big project that was causing me much anxiety. Now I'm in a good mood. Going to have a few drinks tonight - to celebrate, rather than to cope.

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2020 8:31 PM

I have to charge my damn cellphone. Again.

by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2020 9:08 PM

I got a CPAP and it was a thousand bucks for something I cannot tolerate or wear.

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2020 10:33 PM

I couldn't sleep with a CPAP until I started taking melatonin (OTC, 6mg.) before bedtime, R23. Now, blissful slumber.

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2020 12:02 AM

I finally got the Spotify app working on my laptop. I bought this laptop almost exactly a year ago, but for some reason the Spotify app just crashed Windows every time I opened it, even though it worked perfectly well on my previous laptops. I had to use the web player, which isn't as easy to use.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2020 11:43 PM

The Internet seems dead today. DL is quiet, my Twitter feed is quiet, the subreddits I visit are quiet. It's odd.

by Anonymousreply 26January 25, 2020 1:28 AM

The corona virus has killed everyone, r26. We’re the last two alive.

by Anonymousreply 27January 25, 2020 4:48 AM

I'm supposed to see a play tonight and a concert tomorrow night at a university at least 10% of whose student body just returned from vacation in China.

by Anonymousreply 28January 25, 2020 6:36 AM

Is the play “Death of a DLer?”

by Anonymousreply 29January 25, 2020 11:13 AM

I hope not, r29. What a way to go.

by Anonymousreply 30January 25, 2020 11:27 AM

I’m, have you all thought I’d just losing weight to end the sleep apnea?

by Anonymousreply 31January 25, 2020 11:34 AM

^^You’re who?

by Anonymousreply 32January 25, 2020 11:51 AM

You have to work with the CPAP and not just try it once and then bitch about it for the rest of your life.

You have to accept that you need it and then commit to spending a little time to make it work. Did what I just say piss you off? Then you're the problem, not the CPAP. Accepting that is the first step.

If your medical equipment provider sucks, get a new one. Unless you live in one of the most rural locations in the country, there is absolutely no reason why you have to drive four hours to get to a medical equipment provider. Almost any medical equipment shop can get CPAPs and equipment for you.

Next, find online support. Avoid cpaptalk dot com, it's full of trolls. Try Apnea Forum or the UK CPAP forums. Introduce yourself and ask for help.

Get the machine set up for comfort. You may have a ramp option where the pressure starts out low and slowly increases, which helps a lot of people who are starting out. Use the warm humidity setting. Some machines have an expiratory pressure relief setting that lowers the pressure when you exhale, which can be a huge help. (It can also help relieve aerophagia.) If you don't know how to set these things, the clinician manuals are almost always available online and they have instructions on how to change settings that the medical equipment providers say you're "not supposed" to change. But it's your CPAP so adjust it how you want.

Then, practice with the mask. Use it without intending to sleep and just lay down with it. Get used to the pressure and how it feels, and adjust it to where it feels the most comfortable.

If you've got aerophagia, it might be because you need a "full face" mask and not a nasal mask. The "full face" mask is a misnomer, it's just a mask that goes over the nose and mouth both, not the whole face. CPAP dot com online lets you try masks and pay a small "insurance" fee so you can return the mask if it doesn't work, just make sure to check to see what's eligible. Shop around first and ask on forums what people recommend.

When you go to sleep, go to bed early in case you have trouble. Don't get agitated, try to relax. White noise or sleep sounds will help.

by Anonymousreply 33January 25, 2020 12:23 PM

I think I’m going to die soon. I keep getting new diseases diagnosed and I’m dreaming of my dead mother a lot, which I haven’t done since she died years ago. Last night I went to her house and she said she was moving to FL and I could stay at her house but she wasn’t coming back. The house was filled with junk, walls were peeling, there was water dripping in from somewhere. I went to one if the bedrooms and found two single beds once I cleared the crap away and they had tons of duvets, duvet covers, blankets, pillows and sheets on them, all dirty. I started vacuuming the beds when my Irish grandfather came in. I never liked that old man. Turns out he was living in the house, too. I asked my husband to help me clean & he said he had to go to work all day & all night & wouldn't be home til 1am & this was his new work schedule. He would spend his days off with his mother at her house.

I felt trapped & alone among death & so much decay. I knew I could never clean it up. It was just hopeless. And my neighbors could see into every room in my house & were disgusted by me.

by Anonymousreply 34January 29, 2020 4:09 PM

CPAP is a big crooked business, get a dental prosthesis instead, it's much easier and for the oldies Medicare will pay for one. No big fucking machine to worry about and the the sleep centers and docs can't rip you of. You even just brush it like your own teeth and no bacteria ridden hoses to clean, fuck no one wants to trick with someone who uses a CPAP, it's like licking the floor of a bathhouse! I keep telling you bitches but you don't listen and bitch about the damn CPAP.

by Anonymousreply 35January 29, 2020 4:53 PM

R34, that belongs in the “whelmed” thread, clearly not here.

by Anonymousreply 36January 29, 2020 5:10 PM

[quote]CPAP is a big crooked business, get a dental prosthesis instead, it's much easier and for the oldies Medicare will pay for one.

How about not dispensing bad medical advice (albeit anonymously)? Providers know which cases can be treated that way, you don't. Sleep apnea is a serious diagnosis, and the disorder can kill you outright, or over time by causing heart damage.

by Anonymousreply 37January 30, 2020 1:44 AM

I have been wearing a dental device (MAD--short for mandibular advancement device) for 10+ years. They don't work for everybody, but it worked great for me. After having my sleep lab test in 2009 or whenever it was, I was recommended to a dentist who is an expert--he invented the device he fitted me for (there are other MADs around made by other dentists but I guess they're all similar). I got used to it in 2 days and have worn it faithfully for over 10 years at this point. It's good for people with mild-to-moderate apnea, probably not severe. Sometime since then I got an adjustable bed frame (and a very good latex mattress to go with it) since I discovered I always fell asleep easier sitting partially upright on pillows. Not proven, but some research suggests this is also good for apnea (you can also elevate the head of your bed with books under the upper legs of the bed). I reduced my apneas back at the beginning from 18 to 1 an hour. I haven't had another sleep test (I should of course) but I did use an iphone app called Snore Lab (recommended by this dentist) recently to check if I snore and I barely snored at all (maybe twice in the whole night). This thing is expensive ($1200 plus initially $300 for the consult--this is westside of LA after all) but it has been great. I was willing to spend the money to see if it worked before having to deal with CPAP. Easy for traveling, easy to clean (just soak it in Polident for a while and then brush with toothpaste).

Your jaw might hurt for a few days when you first wear it because it changes the jaw position forward, but that pain went away fast for me.

Anyway, try a MAD before you get even more under or over in your whelming.

by Anonymousreply 38January 30, 2020 2:01 AM

I can't get a MAD now because I'm having dental work done.

by Anonymousreply 39January 30, 2020 3:17 PM

If you get a MAD and have dental work, the MAD dentist can adjust the device for you. My regular dentist did an okay job but not like the guy who made it. I have had it done several times. Unfortunately, he's getting pretty old, so I hope he doesn't retire because his dental student substitute when he was out of the country did a terrible job.

by Anonymousreply 40January 31, 2020 3:24 AM

Well, this “underwhelmed” thread took a nosedive with all the talk about sleep apnea.

by Anonymousreply 41January 31, 2020 9:06 AM

Spotify just recommended a playlist called "Alternative 10s". I still can't adjust to the fact that the 2010s are now in the past.

by Anonymousreply 42February 1, 2020 12:32 AM

This thread has me very whelmed. I hate you all. *sob*

by Anonymousreply 43February 1, 2020 11:56 PM

I’m watching an old Midsomer Murders. It’s winter and they had a costume party/rowboat race and people fell into the water. I can’t imagine how cold that must have been for the actors.

by Anonymousreply 44February 2, 2020 1:23 AM

I just had a disappointing Bosc pear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 3, 2020 2:18 AM

I am having a honey bell orange. No honey, not bell shaped & not an orange.

by Anonymousreply 46February 3, 2020 5:42 AM

Ive never gotten a ticket or even been pulled over by a cop.

by Anonymousreply 47February 4, 2020 2:47 AM

So my glass shower door was full of minerals because 2 grown males who share my abode are incapable of using a shower scraper. It’s too difficult for them. Any cleaning is too difficult for them.

I brought out a Vapamore steamer I bought last year and I used it with the little nylon scrub brush that came with it. I sprayed the glass with a spray bottle of vinegar & a little dawn dishwashing liquid. After I sprayed the door, I let it sit for 2 minutes then steam scrubbed it. Then wiped with a towel.

It came out pretty damn clean.

by Anonymousreply 48February 4, 2020 10:50 PM

I love hearing trains in the middle of the night.

by Anonymousreply 49February 5, 2020 6:47 AM

R48, I’m assuming you don’t have a cleaning woman. One way to reduce the hard feelings and arguments over cleaning when you have roommates, is to hire a cleaning woman. You’ll still have to clean the shower yourself, as they normally don’t do something like that, but if you’re not doing all the other cleaning, it might seem like less of an imposition.

by Anonymousreply 50February 5, 2020 6:53 AM

[quote]I just had a disappointing Bosc pear.

I had a Comice pear I liked a lot this week. The good ones aren't necessarily the prettiest ones. I bought three more last night at Whole Foods. I had a red skinned pear whose flavor was off when it ripened—too milky. I ate the whole thing, but I didn't buy more. I don't remember the type name.

I hope my new Comice pears turn out. I think they'll be ready tomorrow. It's sad you have to buy one pear, see how it develops, and only then go back for more.

by Anonymousreply 51February 5, 2020 9:11 AM

My first Comice pear was already ripe this morning, so it, some walnuts, and some Parmigiano-Reggiano became my breakfast today.

r51

by Anonymousreply 52February 5, 2020 10:26 AM

[quote] You’ll still have to clean the shower yourself, as they normally don’t do something like that,

What kind of cleaning lady do you have?

The bathrooms are the main reason I have a cleaning lady.

by Anonymousreply 53February 5, 2020 1:11 PM

I just read that you can get gastric lap band if you have aBMI of 30, so long as you have a comorbidity. Examples of comorbidity = high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, diabetes, depression. Used to be you needed a BMI of a5 least 40.

by Anonymousreply 54February 7, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote] I'm but a coward, pussy pussy

[quote] Original Lyrics:

[quote] Au Bawakwa Pousse Pousse

May Pang said Lennon was using the word “pussy” but was told the record company wouldn’t publicize the song & radio stations would play it, so she told him to say “puss-ay” instead because it sounded French. Worked.

by Anonymousreply 55February 8, 2020 3:26 PM

May Pang’s book was very entertaining. Time for a re-read. I liked the part where Joni Mitchell waltzes into John’s recording studio with Warren Beatty on her arm and John says, “Look! Joni has a trophy!”

by Anonymousreply 56February 8, 2020 5:35 PM

The middle aged woman attendant at the Kroger self check pulled me aside as I was exiting today. She wrote a short note on a memo pad. "Thanks, you're a nice person!" she said, and jammed it into my hand. She's looking for a roommate, $400/mo.

by Anonymousreply 57February 8, 2020 11:52 PM

That’s freaky.

by Anonymousreply 58February 8, 2020 11:58 PM

I have a craving for Key Lime Pie.

I might make one. I can't decide if I should buy some Nellie & Joe's Key Lime juice or actual key limes...

I also could just wait until May when Trader Joe's has their frozen key lime pie in stock as it is quite good.

I don't know for sure how this will all pan out.

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2020 12:08 AM

Have a salad

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2020 12:14 AM

Some people I know who moved to Panama for a less expensive life near the beach are being driven crazy by the loudness of the people & the music. Music is even played loudly on buses.

Remember the term “elevator music”? When was the last time you were in an elevator that was playing music?

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2020 12:27 AM

I had a salad with creamy Italian dressing.

by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2020 2:18 AM

[quote] I don't know for sure how this will all pan out.

I for one am on the edge of my seat.

And...I just fell off.

by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2020 3:53 PM

15 recipes to eat the bread deliciously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 14, 2020 3:43 PM

I got as far as Elvis Presley toast.

by Anonymousreply 65February 14, 2020 4:07 PM

I went to the dispensary yesterday and the guy, who kept me there for an hour and a half chatting, told me this stuff would be a good get up and go wake and bake. I only smoked half a joint and it's like seven hours later and I'm still vaguely stoned to the point of like being non-functional beyond pouring orange juice.

by Anonymousreply 66February 14, 2020 10:35 PM

R66

Duuuuuuuuude.

🤙

by Anonymousreply 67February 14, 2020 10:40 PM

This episode of This American Life *blew my mind*, lol, and I'm not sure if it was really amazing or if, you know, I was stoned out of my mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 14, 2020 10:45 PM

I was steam cleaning my shower and burnt my big toe badly when the steamer tip fell on me. My husband had been given some cannabis oil by a friend whose daughter is a cannabis farmer. I asked him if I could use it. I put it in my toe and it was fine about a minute later. It had been blistering up and it stopped.

by Anonymousreply 69February 15, 2020 4:41 AM

So, one of the thoughts I had, while I was sitting there stoned out of my mind and unable to move, was that *if* our experience of reality really is a computer simulation, then there's only a limited number of pre-determined thoughts all of us can have which circulate through the air and you just can't see them under they whirl between your ears, but they're in orbit constantly and run in a cycle across the universe.

by Anonymousreply 70February 16, 2020 7:39 AM

I ordered brunch from Uber Eats. The delivery man showed up in a skirt.

by Anonymousreply 71February 16, 2020 7:44 PM

I have to replace my 20 year old Bunn coffee maker. It’s leaking, but I have a spare Mr. Coffee one. It’s stored in the kitchen cabinet above the Kenmore refrigerator. I prefer a Bunn.

by Anonymousreply 72February 18, 2020 12:18 AM

London.

I'm addicted to re-runs of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"

by Anonymousreply 73February 18, 2020 1:14 AM

[quote] So, one of the thoughts I had, while I was sitting there stoned out of my mind and unable to move, was that *if* our experience of reality really is a computer simulation, then there's only a limited number of pre-determined thoughts all of us can have which circulate through the air and you just can't see them under they whirl between your ears, but they're in orbit constantly and run in a cycle across the universe.

I had to stop getting high because I would suddenly remember something from my past that I hadn’t remembered since it happened, &I made a decision back then and my life became completely different than what it is now. It kept happening over & over and I began to believe these different lives of mine were actually taking place in different planes of reality.

by Anonymousreply 74February 18, 2020 1:35 AM

How can I pick a paint color from a chip?

by Anonymousreply 75February 21, 2020 12:46 AM

Most paint stores display chips that show a palette of complementary colors. I found the palette that has the color of my furniture (chocolate) and picked one of the other colors for my accent wall (get a sample) and another of the colors for throw pillows and textiles. It came together pretty nicely.

by Anonymousreply 76February 21, 2020 2:49 AM

I got my jollies fix from this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 21, 2020 4:26 PM

It’s 4:20, I just finished a big stressful work project, and I want to pour a celebratory drink but the housekeeper is here and I don’t want to pull out the booze in front of her. Yes, I care what she thinks.

by Anonymousreply 78March 5, 2020 11:23 PM

I ate sour gummi bears on the plane yesterday. I enjoyed them.

by Anonymousreply 79March 5, 2020 11:28 PM

R78. That’s funny, I have the same hang up. She’s been with us for over twenty years, but I don’t want her to see me drinking. Especially in the afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 80March 5, 2020 11:41 PM

R80 I was just about to open the liquor cabinet, and in she walked. I considered making a little joke and doing it anyway, but I just couldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 81March 5, 2020 11:57 PM

Indelicate Topic (hoping not to whelm)

Our toilet has been flushing very slowly. Landlord tried a snake, found nothing, put a package of Green Gobler Powder Plunger in bowl. An hour later and I am boiling water to add, as per instructions.

How can a chemical put in a toilet bowl have any effect on something further down in the pipes? It’s curious - -

by Anonymousreply 82March 6, 2020 12:18 AM

Watching the beginning of a movie set in early 1960s that had. a 2 or 3 second opening scene of young men on a dock in Scotland and I heard the split-second but easily identifiable bird.call of a male red winged blackbird in the background. Now, there was an incident where a red winged blackbird was spotted on an island off the coast of Scotland, drawing twitchers from all over UK. Problem is, it was in 2017 & it was the first red winged blackbird ever seen in Europe. And.....it was female. Female don’t make the same call as the male.

Why do movies do that? Why not just get some geek to record a local bird if they want bird calls in the background?

by Anonymousreply 83March 6, 2020 5:05 AM

My Stim-o-Ceiver implant continues to function most excellently!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 6, 2020 10:18 AM

We're have a real March wind today. Blowing hard, raw & cold.

In like a lion, out like a lamb.

by Anonymousreply 85March 7, 2020 2:45 PM

I live not far from an elementary school. There's a crosswalk, and a crossing guard. There's a lot of turnover, and every now and then it's someone who gets WAY into the job – waving at every passing car, yelling greetings, putting on funny hats, doing schtick. I can faintly hear the lady shouting "good morning" as I type. What is it about that particular occupation that encourages this?

by Anonymousreply 86March 10, 2020 4:10 PM

I didn’t go to work today. I stayed at home and napped and snacked and read a new book about autism. It was close to heaven.

by Anonymousreply 87March 12, 2020 5:26 AM

So then you were whelmed, r87, not underwhelmed.

You’re even bordering on overwhelming.

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 88March 12, 2020 2:29 PM

Heard a male cardinal calling this afternoon. Spring is full on when the red bird is looking for ❤️ company

by Anonymousreply 89March 13, 2020 7:10 PM

I stand corrected, r88. You are, of course, accurate. I am, of course, thoroughly chastened.

Today, I made a trip to the supermarket and gassed up my car.

by Anonymousreply 90March 13, 2020 7:29 PM

Spring peepers! First night!

by Anonymousreply 91March 14, 2020 4:14 AM

Alton Brown's timely hygiene tutorial somehow became spliced into a film of a completely different genre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 16, 2020 5:35 AM

Driving last a small farm field I noticed a sign

Goat Yoga

I thought maybe it was supposed to be “Goat Yogurt,” but I looked it up & goat yoga is a thing

(PS the owner of the farm is a huge Trumpster and had a large metal cross erected in his yard for years)

by Anonymousreply 93March 18, 2020 2:04 AM

R93, did you see this thread? It was just started.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 18, 2020 2:43 AM

Just want to say a hearty fuck you to the coronavirus for ruining all our lives.

by Anonymousreply 95March 22, 2020 1:58 PM

I’m going to fix gluten-free penne with meat sauce for dinner tonight.

by Anonymousreply 96March 23, 2020 8:19 PM

When I weighed 240lbs I snored like crazy. I was candidate for CPAP. But get this, I dropped 80-90lbs and don't snore anymore. My BP is fine, everything green except my C3 and L5 vertebrae. Which means my right leg doesn't wanna move. It's either the above or it's ALS. I hope the fuck it's not ALS because I'll be dead within 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 97March 23, 2020 8:29 PM

Nah, r96, I want my gluten.

by Anonymousreply 98March 23, 2020 9:43 PM

I’m so tired of this I should be grateful I don’t have the virus, I know, but I’m going stir crazy. I’m afraid to go check on my mother, Just in case I’ve come in contact with the virus and I’m not showing symptoms. I need to go to Walgreens and get my thyroid medicine but I don’t want to go out.

I’m fucking whelmed, fucking whelmed as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 99March 24, 2020 12:35 AM

I. was channel surfing just now & what should I see but the Smothers Brothers making a joke about President Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 100March 29, 2020 3:10 AM

Ok, the Smothers Brothers just introduced a band that was making Jr’s debut on American television......the Bee Gees.

by Anonymousreply 101March 29, 2020 3:15 AM

This decade is definitely a piece of shit so far.

by Anonymousreply 102March 29, 2020 3:17 AM

My sister sent me some beef jerky for my birthday.

by Anonymousreply 103March 29, 2020 5:49 AM

Is that a euphemism, r103?

Did she hire you a stripper?

by Anonymousreply 104March 29, 2020 10:54 AM

[quote]the Smothers Brothers making a joke about President Johnson.

Which President Johnson?

by Anonymousreply 105March 29, 2020 10:55 AM

When we were kids, we'd pick dandelions and put them in a small glass with water and they'd live for maybe that day only. The white fuzzy dandelions, we'd pick one, make a wish, and attempt to blow all of the white parts off in one breath so that our wish would come true.

by Anonymousreply 106March 29, 2020 11:57 AM

Tinker, tailor, soldier or sailor’s life

Rich man, poor man, beautiful, daughters wives

Dandelion don't tell no lies

Dandelion will make you wise

Tell me if she laughs or cries

Blow away dandelion

by Anonymousreply 107March 29, 2020 10:16 PM

Is it wrong that I am enjoying the quarantine so much? No pressure to go anywhere. I just putter around, play piano, watch TV, read books, surf the Internet, cook, clean. Communicate with my friends via text or social media.

Of course I feel devastated for the country and the world. It is tragic.

by Anonymousreply 108March 30, 2020 1:46 AM

I wish I had a musclebottom to cuddle with. I want to hold someone as I drift off to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 109April 5, 2020 8:04 AM

NOT underwhelming: the shitty neighbors next door are hosting a BBQ with about 20 beer-soaked idiots partaking. According to the PD dispatcher, this is NOT in violation of AZ Governor's orders re: COVID-19 safety at this time.

by Anonymousreply 110April 11, 2020 10:09 PM

Arizona, the Mississippi of the West! Hot, but it’s a dry hate...I mean heat!

by Anonymousreply 111April 11, 2020 10:15 PM

Warm places won’t have the infection rate of cold places. Every winter I would get bronchitis from breathing in cold dry air. I am a mouth breather & was told to stop breathing through my mouth when outdoors in winter. It helped.

Cold air is bad for your lungs. Add to it a dangerous virus and you’re going to get more ill people than in warm places.

by Anonymousreply 112April 12, 2020 12:11 AM

I made fried eggs and bacon for breakfast. My cats love to eat the leftover yolk.

by Anonymousreply 113April 12, 2020 5:02 PM

The yolk is the best part.

by Anonymousreply 114April 13, 2020 2:19 PM

I'm reading Downton Abbey fanfiction. I haven't read any fanfiction since around 2005, but the libraries won't be reopening any time soon. One thing that strikes me is the number of trigger warnings. I don't remember there being anywhere near as many when I read fanfic as a teenager. They spoil the chapter if you don't scroll past them quickly enough.

by Anonymousreply 115April 25, 2020 5:39 PM

I found this movie for free on Tubi. It’s underwhelming to say the least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 25, 2020 7:45 PM

Anyone else hating Zoom? I just had to do a call with some friends. It was fine, but I hate talking on the phone in general. With Zoom, you can't even scroll your phone while you pretend to listen. It's just all goofy and awkward.

by Anonymousreply 117April 27, 2020 9:53 PM

Another observation about Zoom? Older boomer ladies specifically are loving it. My mother and other women I know in their 60s, 70s and beyond are zooming up a storm. These are the same women who can barely text. What is it about Zoom that has captured their fancy?

by Anonymousreply 118April 29, 2020 8:59 PM

I was unable to procure Reese's hearts or eggs this year due to the pandemic.

I feel cheated.

by Anonymousreply 119April 29, 2020 9:09 PM

[quote] I'm reading Downton Abbey fanfiction.

Are there any decent m/m Downton stories? I really want to read one where, say, Branson slams it into Wobbert.

by Anonymousreply 120April 29, 2020 9:10 PM

One of my guinea fowl is sick & probably dying. He's been staying on his own away from the other 2 sleeping in the yard all day for a few days. It's been cold, wet & windy for weeks. Today it seems he can't lift his head & is aimlessly walking with his head down. I tried to sneak up in him & catch him. I got surprisingly close before he roused and flew off a short distance. I didn't want to exhaust him, so I let him be.

He's not eating. The other two birds walk a bit, realize he's not with them & start calling him. But he doesn't go with them.

I've had them for 8 years this April.. I'm sad. I like this one particularly because he's different looking than the other two.

There are fewer & fewer bugs for them to eat because neighbors all treat their yards with pesticides -- Starting in April -- and they're competing with all the blackbirds for insects in my yard. I try to supplement with peanuts. peanut butter suet cakes, dried insects, shelled sunflower seeds. I give them lots of white millet, they're favorite.

If only the sun would come out. They always feel better after they sit in the sun for a day. More rain is coming.

by Anonymousreply 121April 30, 2020 5:13 PM

Their favorite, sorry, not they're favorite

by Anonymousreply 122April 30, 2020 5:15 PM

Their favorite, sorry, not they're favorite

by Anonymousreply 123April 30, 2020 5:15 PM

A young neighbor girl has invited everyone on our street to a "social-distancing block party," ugh. Sounds dreadful. I would duck it, but the family is right next door, they're nice people, and it's always wise to maintain good relations with one's neighbors.

That's one thing about this pandemic – you can't get out of things by pretending you have somewhere else to be. Nor can you say you have a cold because, well....

by Anonymousreply 124May 2, 2020 2:41 PM

I've been having strange dreams during quarantine.

My dream last night was that Elizabeth McGovern dressed as the Countess Cora Crawley of Downton Abbey was the new hostess at my favorite restaurant. I mentioned the resemblance to her as she seated me and she said "I get that a lot.".

by Anonymousreply 125May 2, 2020 7:21 PM

I really feel scammed when I "WW" a post and afterwards notice it is from 2016.

by Anonymousreply 126May 2, 2020 11:08 PM

22:33 GMT. Week 10 (I think?) of lockdown. Six glasses of red wine. I'm sitting in my bedroom literally LOLing at stupid and disturbing Dolan Duk comics. I think that on some level, I always knew this was how I would end up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 29, 2020 9:26 PM

Op the “paralysis” sounds like a lucid dream. I know they can suck but once you are aware the fear gets less if during the paralysis you can find anything in your room/house that looks slightly different(it can be very little) from what it looks like irl you know it’s a dream. Awareness means a lot. Also before you go to sleep you can state that when you want to wake up you clap your hands(in the dream) or blink your eyes f.e Whatever you feel comfortable with. It takes a bit of practice but it can be done,

by Anonymousreply 128May 29, 2020 10:36 PM

Yesterday I walked past a house that had Union Jack bunting, and a tree with Union Jack baubles hanging from it, in the window. Are Brexit trees a thing now?

by Anonymousreply 129June 16, 2020 1:29 PM

I slept well last night, seven hours. And I just had an idea for a play called "Elizabeth and Edith," about the longtime collaboration and friendship of Elizabeth Taylor and Edith Head. The title is all I've got so far.

by Anonymousreply 130December 11, 2020 3:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!