Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amy McGrath Files to Challenge Mitch McConnell in Kentucky Senate Race

(FRANKFORT, Ky.) — Calling her party’s victory in the Kentucky governor’s race a jolt of momentum for her own bid to unseat a Republican incumbent, Democrat Amy McGrath on Friday officially filed to challenge Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in what looms as a bruising, big-spending campaign next year.

McGrath, a retired Marine combat pilot, touted many of the same issues — health care and good-paying jobs — that Andy Beshear highlighted in ousting Republican incumbent Matt Bevin in last month’s election for governor. Beshear ran a “great campaign” that focused on issues that hit home for Kentuckians, McGrath said in a phone interview with The Associated Press.

“It absolutely gives us momentum because it shows that against an unpopular Republican incumbent, a Democrat can win,” McGrath said. “And we win by talking about those bread-and-butter issues that Kentuckians really care about.

“And that’s what I’m going to be talking about over and over again,” she said. “With Mitch McConnell, we’re not going to get any progress on these things.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 17, 2020 12:07 AM

I sent her some of my Christmas money. Can’t wait to see this fossil be kicked to the curb.

He and his grifter wife need to be cut from the teet.

by Anonymousreply 1December 28, 2019 2:31 AM

We need to donate to her and quickly to give her momentum. It's as important we get rid of MoscowMitch as it is to get rid of TraitorTrump. Don't forget what MM did to Obama. No Democrat will have a chance to do anything or undo anything unless we win back the get rid of MM, win the Senate and keep the Congress.

by Anonymousreply 2December 28, 2019 2:35 AM

[quote]Can’t wait to see this fossil be kicked to the curb.

Prefer to kick dirt on him.

by Anonymousreply 3December 28, 2019 2:36 AM

I’ll donate.

by Anonymousreply 4December 28, 2019 2:47 AM

Ugly dyke.

by Anonymousreply 5December 28, 2019 2:50 AM

No way she'll win

by Anonymousreply 6December 28, 2019 2:51 AM

R5, you liked your own comment, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 7December 28, 2019 2:52 AM

I'll donate and vote for her.

Yes, I live there, hold back the snickering.

by Anonymousreply 8December 28, 2019 2:54 AM

I'm not snickering. I'm jealous. I wish I could have the pleasure of voting against McConnell and vote for every Democrat running. The best I can do is send donations.

by Anonymousreply 9December 28, 2019 2:59 AM

Sent her some of my Christmas money. Even if she doesn’t win I look forward to her giving him hell.

They got a democratic governor is it’s not out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 10December 28, 2019 3:19 AM

Koch brothers own part of Time. So they probably angled for a bad pic of her.

Well, Koch brother, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 11December 28, 2019 3:20 AM

Snow ball's chance in hell she'll win.

by Anonymousreply 12December 28, 2019 3:27 AM

We’ll take it.

by Anonymousreply 13December 28, 2019 3:28 AM

KY is a state in the top 10 of moochers, they have a population smaller than NYC alone and yet...that fucking hick turtle wields an obscene amount of power over the purse strings of this country and the very direction in which it is headed (dark ages).

It is beyond sickening how these solidly red states contribute not a fucking thing but their ignorance and their hands out looking for money. And I'm sorry to those who lean left who live in these states. I really do hope more of you can change the situation. I will contribute to her.

by Anonymousreply 14December 28, 2019 3:35 AM

Is she openly gay? Because I'm definitely getting a lesbionic vibe.

by Anonymousreply 15December 28, 2019 3:43 AM

Send her some money so she can tighten up her look by November. She’s got time.

by Anonymousreply 16December 28, 2019 4:04 AM

Besides, her current look is considered high glam in KY.

by Anonymousreply 17December 28, 2019 4:04 AM

Hmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 28, 2019 4:38 AM

Has there ever been a nude photo of Mitch McConnell?

by Anonymousreply 19December 30, 2019 2:14 AM

She's fabulous.

It doesn't matter if she's gay or not. But I'm hoping she's gay.

We should all be donating. Anyone got a link?

by Anonymousreply 20December 30, 2019 2:17 AM

I want her to use her fully erect penis to fuck McConnell right in his colostomy hole.

by Anonymousreply 21December 30, 2019 2:20 AM

[quote]Is she openly gay? Because I'm definitely getting a lesbionic vibe.

No. She is married to a man.

by Anonymousreply 22December 30, 2019 2:25 AM

She ran for congress in 2018 and lost. Is she going to run for something or other in every election from now on.

by Anonymousreply 23December 30, 2019 2:32 AM

Poor woman has BDF.

But she sure looks better than the Turtle.

by Anonymousreply 24December 30, 2019 2:41 AM

[quote]Has there ever been a nude photo of Mitch McConnell?

Asked by NO ONE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25December 30, 2019 2:48 AM

She is going to get an absolute fortune in donations.

by Anonymousreply 26December 30, 2019 2:52 AM

She is going to get an absolute fortune in donations.

from New York and California.

by Anonymousreply 27December 30, 2019 3:57 AM

[quote]Snow ball's chance in hell she'll win.

Doesn't matter. The goal is to tie Mitch and his resources up on his own campaign. Even though it's a safe seat for him, if he is focused on his own seat then he won't be able to funnel all of his cash and other resources to other candidates. He'll have to focus on his own race. All this lady has to do is be annoying.

by Anonymousreply 28December 30, 2019 4:06 AM

[quote] Even though it's a safe seat for him, if he is focused on his own seat then he won't be able to funnel all of his cash and other resources to other candidates.

By the same logic the price of "annoying" McConnell is bleeding away piles of cash that could have been used to assist candidates who might have a chance to win. Who benefits most from that equation. But suit yourself.

by Anonymousreply 29December 30, 2019 5:01 AM

R29 may be correct that it would be better to help competitive Senate candidates in Maine, Colorado, Arizona, etc. rather than a long shot in Kentucky.

by Anonymousreply 30December 30, 2019 7:03 AM

Good for Amy McGrath, I've donated three times to her campaign and I'm not from Kentucky.

Are Maine and Colorado and Arizona the other senate races we should support and contribute to? I"ve heard almost nothing about those senatorial races.

by Anonymousreply 31January 6, 2020 12:40 AM

Your donations give me hope R31. For sure Kentucky and Maine. Maybe someone here who knows more than I do can answer about the other important states. I'll keep donating and it sounds like you will too. Let's hope there are many, many others that will too.

by Anonymousreply 32January 6, 2020 1:13 AM

Republican Maine Senator Susan Collins is being challenged by Democratic Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives Sara Gideon.

Former Astronaut Mark Kelly is campaigning against Republican Senator Martha McSally in Arizona.

The senate seats of Colorado, Arizona and Maine are held by vulnerable Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 33January 6, 2020 1:23 AM

She looks like a dyke is she one?

by Anonymousreply 34January 6, 2020 2:05 AM

Thank you R33. I will be giving as much as I can. I don't have much but this is the most important election of my lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 35January 6, 2020 2:13 AM

R34, who cares?

Amy McGrath is a marine fighter pilot running against Moscow Mitch McConnell's senate seat, she has my support and my 25 bucks. She could have three eyes and I'd still back her.

I too will consider donating to the Democratic senate campaigns in Maine (Enough of Senator Susan Collins) and to the Arizona astronaut's senate campaign.

by Anonymousreply 36January 6, 2020 1:46 PM

She's a ridiculous choice for Kentucky Democrats, I pray they will find someone better. I won't waste my money on her, but I will contribute to campaigns of Democrats in other states who have a fighting chance to win.

Right now, I'm praying that either Beto or Castro will take on John Cornhole, er Cornyn, in the Texas Senate race.

by Anonymousreply 37January 6, 2020 2:05 PM

My state is absolutely lost except for maybe two Representatives, so I'll be sending my money to candidates in other states who have a chance to beat a Republican. McGrath is on my list of people to watch.

by Anonymousreply 38January 6, 2020 2:07 PM

R37, has Beto announced his candidacy for the Senate?

Who else are worthy and realistic senate seat challengers?

I think maybe Mark Kelly in Arizona has a good shot. Maybe he's a viable candidate for our donations?

by Anonymousreply 39January 6, 2020 2:21 PM

[quote]Who else are worthy and realistic senate seat challengers?

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) is being challenged by former Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper.

Hickenlooper has been ahead in polling so far.

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2020 8:57 AM

Mark Kelly is oogly as hell.

He's also EXACTLY what a man should be. Total mensch.

Hope he and Gabby, God bless 'er, majority kick some Republican ass in that race.

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2020 9:11 AM

Do you have some numbers for Kentucky and McConnell, PollTroll? Is it really hopeless to get this bastard out of office? I though he had the worst approval rating ever?

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2020 9:18 AM

Will he debate her and point a trembling finger, accusing her of being, "A damn lesbian!"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2020 9:38 AM

I think Amy is married to a man

by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2020 11:42 AM

I don’t think this closeted lesbian will be able to beat the closeted McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2020 11:56 AM

Trump is such a buffoon and car crash I can barely muster anything more than disdain for him anymore. He is an abberation. But McConnell is one of the most twisted, deviant, amoral reptiles to climb the ranks of public office. He is a terrible person and while I don't put much hope in it I'd love to see that son of a bitch at least squirm through an ugly campaign, and ideally be kicked to the curb.

The thing is you know he has thin skin, which the Moscow Mitch stuff showed. So an ugly campaign will at least get to him.

He is one of the most horrible people in American politics and that's a low bar.

by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2020 12:05 PM

[quote]She looks like a dyke is she one?

Will there be a biopic? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2020 12:07 PM

When did she borrow Eleanor Roosevelt's hair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2020 12:28 PM

r41, and to think, there are TWO of them!

He has an identical twin brother.

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2020 2:01 AM

Amy is fantastic and should not be prematurely dismissed. I've been a supporter for the last couple of years and she continues to impress with her political prowess and pure guts. Don't let the naysayers dissuade you from donating a few bucks to Amy in her fight against the Old-Age Mutant Ninga Turtle.

Force him into a serious debate and Moscow Mitch will crumble. He's a 100% pathetic loser that only other equally pathetic losers could possibly support when you see him head-to-head against a young, tough, woman fighter pilot with plenty of smarts and savvy and genuine concern for our country and its people and their future.

Even if she doesn't win, she weakens Machiavellian Mitch and thus by default weakens the Republican Senate. Always a good thing. But she can and will win! She needs money and moral support so please, please, please help with a donation of any amount according to your means or volunteer if you're able.

Thank you! Amy McGrath for Senate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2020 3:08 AM

Mitch, how could you let this happen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2020 9:24 PM

ActBlue is the site where most candidates are taking on line donations.

You "should" be able to find your preferred candidates there. I believe, anyway.

Gideon in Maine and Kelly in Arizona already have some serious cash on hand. Hickenlooper is in a good spot as he is very popular in Colorado.

Keep an eye on Kansas. Portly pompeo said he wasn't running for the seat so KKKKobach will despite Moscow Mitch's howls.

If KKKKOBACH runs, throw some money at the Democrat. We can snatch that right out from under Moscow Mitch.

by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2020 10:57 PM

Go Amy!

by Anonymousreply 53January 12, 2020 4:34 PM

Bring it on!

by Anonymousreply 54January 13, 2020 3:17 PM

Not good for Mitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2020 12:46 AM

Great ad for Amy Mcgrath. She's getting a donation direct from CA but ssshhh.....dont tell the KY Deplorables the provenance of the funds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 23, 2020 1:51 PM

BUMP THIS MOTHER

by Anonymousreply 57March 17, 2020 12:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!