Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Russian teen hunts anti-gay predators in terrifying short film PYOTR495

This is really good!

Writer and director Black Mawson takes on homophobia in Russia in his new short film PYOTR495, which sees a group of anti-gay predators become prey as they’re hunted by a gay teen they’ve tortured.

Set in present-day Moscow, the film begins with 16-year-old Pyotr, played by Orphan Black’s Alex Ozerov, using dating app Hornet to talk to a potential hookup who turns out to be a member of a violent ultra-nationalist group.

Potyr is tied up and tortured by his homophobic attackers, but little do they know he’s hiding a dark secret that comes out to play when they push him too far…

It’s a horrific premise, but one that has its roots in reality, as gay people in Russia face constant fear under the country’s 2013 anti-gay propaganda law, which bans the ‘promotion’ of “non-traditional relationships” to minors and has encouraged discrimination.

Meanwhile, in the Russian republic of Chechnya, reports have emerged of gay men being rounded up by police and held in modern-day ‘concentration camps’, tortured, and even murdered because of their sexuality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2020 10:46 PM

Wow, sounds great, OP. Nothing like watching people get tortured. Fun times.

by Anonymousreply 1December 26, 2019 6:52 PM

I think it sounds like an interesting film. Thanks OP!

by Anonymousreply 2December 26, 2019 6:55 PM

Making a gay victim of a hate crime the villain of a horror movie. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 3December 26, 2019 7:05 PM

Is he the Villain though?

by Anonymousreply 4December 26, 2019 7:07 PM

Not the villain. The avenger. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 5December 26, 2019 7:07 PM

I wish this would happen in real life. Fuck those Russian homophobic scum!

by Anonymousreply 6December 26, 2019 7:09 PM

PS the link is the movie

by Anonymousreply 7December 26, 2019 7:15 PM

This is from a recent e-mail sent by All Out, an organization fighting for LGBT people around the world, written by a gay Russian activist:

"It's been tough for us here in Russia this year. The anti-gay crackdown in Chechnya resumed and it turned out to be even worse than we thought. At least 40 people were arrested and tortured this year, just because authorities "suspected" they were LGBT+. Later in the year, I was shocked and frightened to learn that my personal information and photos were on an anti-LGBT+ blacklist encouraging people to hunt down LGBT+ activists, supporters, and journalists.

"This is NOT normal, even for Russia. Fortunately, we could count on the support of All Out members, who jumped into action to fund the emergency evacuation of LGBT+ people at risk in Chechnya and to keep bringing the world's attention to the atrocities happening in Chechnya and Russia. Knowing that we aren't alone is everything – it inspires us to fight for our lives and our rights more than ever. With your help, I'm never giving up."

by Anonymousreply 8December 26, 2019 7:16 PM

It has a happy ending too! He saves another kid and gets away ....

by Anonymousreply 9December 26, 2019 7:17 PM

This should happen to all of Russia. Save the gays, nuke the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 10December 26, 2019 7:19 PM

THE GURL WITH THE DRAKON TATOO, I love it!

by Anonymousreply 11December 26, 2019 7:31 PM

Sue me. I liked it. The hot Russian terrible daddy was hot.

by Anonymousreply 12December 26, 2019 7:35 PM

The actor looks like Norman Bates from Bates Motel... A buff Freddie Highmore.

by Anonymousreply 13December 26, 2019 7:38 PM

NO-YOU-DIDN'TSFERATU

by Anonymousreply 14December 26, 2019 7:41 PM

This is a great little film with a good message.

Unlike most American gay indie projects, they actually cast hot people. Good for them!

by Anonymousreply 15December 26, 2019 7:48 PM

Russia is not that bad. They don't have blacks and mexicans there.

by Anonymousreply 16December 26, 2019 7:55 PM

This was horrible. Not sure what message it is supposed to be sending with such an unrealistic premise.

by Anonymousreply 17December 26, 2019 8:13 PM

What r17 said. It was filmed well but that's all I can say that's positive. If you think about it , the short almost confirms that gay people are all predators inside. Stupid message.

by Anonymousreply 18December 26, 2019 8:25 PM

Russia is a violent country where being strong is seen as a good thing and being weak in any way as a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 19December 26, 2019 8:26 PM

R18 = Touchy prisspot who doesn’t reflect what most people make of the short.

by Anonymousreply 20December 26, 2019 8:28 PM

Russian trolls are triggered. LOL at R17. Russia is a piece of shit and they will suffer once Trump is gone.

by Anonymousreply 21December 26, 2019 8:31 PM

Oh you caught me R21, yes, I'm a Russian troll because I think this short film is horrible. Can someone explain the message it is supposed to contain? You too can fend off your homophobic captors by turning into a demon and ripping their heart out of their chest? I'm not disagreeing that Russia has a horrible anti-gay problem, but I'm not sure how a film showing a victim of that turning into something that is not real and tearing his captors apart sends any type of realistic message.

Am I a dog troll because I think the movie Cats is horrible?

by Anonymousreply 22December 26, 2019 8:44 PM

R22 clearly didn't grow up watching 70s and 80s revenge movies, supernatural or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 23December 26, 2019 8:45 PM

R22 Blah Blah Blah. You're just stupid and annoying then. I'm already tired of seeing you type so much. BLOCK

by Anonymousreply 24December 26, 2019 8:52 PM

Yesterday I was watching three sexy guys going at it on Chaturbate. One young bottom and two muscular daddy tops. They claim to be in Russia. Beautiful uncut cocks

by Anonymousreply 25December 26, 2019 9:00 PM

I'm sorry R24 that you're so emotionally stunted that you can't handle an opinion that differs from your own. I'll be sure to lose ZERO sleep tonight over you blocking me on an internet message board.

R23 I did, I just thought this one was bad. That opinion has nothing to do with Russian or gay theme. Everyone has different opinions on entertainment. This simply didn't entertain me. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 26December 26, 2019 9:06 PM

[QUOTE] Yesterday I was watching three sexy guys going at it on Chaturbate. One young bottom and two muscular daddy tops. They claim to be in Russia. Beautiful uncut cocks

They were probably Romanian.

by Anonymousreply 27December 26, 2019 9:07 PM

Why do Russians always have fetal alcohol face?

by Anonymousreply 28December 26, 2019 9:07 PM

R26 if you were actually a fan of these types of movies you'd get it and appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 29December 26, 2019 9:14 PM

Dear Acting Dumb Homophobe @ r22,

The moral of the story is YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU'RE FUCKING WITH and DON'T MESS WITH THE GAYS.

Those are positive messages that are constantly "realistic" in zillions of life situations, regardless of the vampire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 26, 2019 9:21 PM

R21 = Super thinned skinned writer/director Blake who can’t take criticism of his half baked, crappy little horror film. Somebody on this thread is deeply unhinged when they attack people for not liking something. Get a life, sad sack.

by Anonymousreply 31December 26, 2019 9:26 PM

Ok now someone do my idea!

Take the most baddest superhero of all time and make him a bad ass gay. Show him kicking ass of teasers.

Yeah yeah, I know the Wire did it but let's see more! It ought to be a gay whoop ass like Carrie! Fuck you homophobes!

by Anonymousreply 32December 26, 2019 9:35 PM

I personally would love to see a great gay twink villain ala Ellen Paige in Hard Candy. It would be awesome to see some twink lure predators and bullies from school and then fuck them up big time, all while look smoking hot. It could get acclaim like Get Out!, but as a ground breaking gay film. I know there are some Hollywood industry gays here on DL. You can have this idea for free.

by Anonymousreply 33December 26, 2019 9:44 PM

I would really like to see a good gay themed revenge film like Death Wish instead of this drivel.

by Anonymousreply 34December 26, 2019 9:55 PM

This would be a cool movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 26, 2019 10:01 PM

Wow, the shill comments on the Vimeo page are almost as desperate as the filmmaker posting his own movie on here.

by Anonymousreply 36December 26, 2019 10:09 PM

R29 Do you like every single movie made in the same genre? I didn't enjoy this, simple as that. Not that you asked, but the female character was so over the top and poorly acted, that it made me dislike the entire thing (same for the thinner of the two male captors).

I wonder how people like R24 and R30 function in the real world when faced with any type of adversity? If a random stranger on the internet with a difference of opinion sends them into a tailspin how do they react to criticism from their boss for example. Will soothe your delicate feelings if I say it was the best movie every made and deserves to sweep every awards show from here until the end of time? Like the tired old cliché says, opinions are like assholes, we all have them. And just like asses, we all don't have to like the same ones.

by Anonymousreply 37December 26, 2019 10:10 PM

[quote] Wow, the shill comments on the Vimeo page are almost as desperate as the filmmaker posting his own movie on here.

The movie is from 2016. I haven't seen it, so it may or may not be good, but your idea of somebody "shilling" a film almost four years later sounds idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 38December 26, 2019 10:15 PM

Somebody should make a film about a nightmare nation filled with drunken thieves and whores brutalizing and cannibalizing each other.

Oh wait! That's actual life in Russia! How sad.

by Anonymousreply 39December 26, 2019 10:19 PM

I assume it would be illegal to show this in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 40December 26, 2019 10:22 PM

[quote] The movie is from 2016. I haven't seen it, so it may or may not be good, but your idea of somebody "shilling" a film almost four years later sounds idiotic.

So what if it's from 2016? That doesn't invalidate the shill comments on Vimeo (which were made in 2016-2017, btw.)

by Anonymousreply 41December 26, 2019 10:22 PM

This is a fantasy film, meaning most of the DL would fantasize about being that kid right up and including the part about drinking those guy's piss.

by Anonymousreply 42December 26, 2019 10:28 PM

R37 likes his Russian villains to be sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 43December 26, 2019 10:39 PM

R43 likes his critical thinking skills to be non-existent.

by Anonymousreply 44December 26, 2019 10:44 PM

The rescued boy at the end is gorgeous! Who is he???

I can't tell from the credits, his character has no name.

by Anonymousreply 45December 26, 2019 10:46 PM

R44 likes to make character judgements based on nothing more than anonymous comments on a forum.

by Anonymousreply 46December 26, 2019 10:48 PM

He's not that gorgeous R45. He was so over the top and poorly acted, that it made me dislike the entire thing.

by Anonymousreply 47December 26, 2019 10:49 PM

R47 the rescued pretty boy was seen for under 30 seconds. How ya know he was over acted?

by Anonymousreply 48December 26, 2019 10:52 PM

Americans watching this film:

"Phew, thank God the older guy was just a far-right extremist who wanted to torture the teen, not a SEXUAL PREDATOR who wanted to have sex with him! That was a close shave!"

by Anonymousreply 49December 26, 2019 10:55 PM

Because R48, I'm pretentious. This short film was not up to my standard.

by Anonymousreply 50December 26, 2019 10:57 PM

Oh dear r46, try to keep up. I was mocking r43 for the exact thing you're accusing r44 of.

by Anonymousreply 51December 26, 2019 11:14 PM

R48, R47 was making fun of me because I dared to have an opinion outside the hive mind that this is a stellar piece of filmmaking.

by Anonymousreply 52December 26, 2019 11:17 PM

R51, you’ve obviously lost the plot.

by Anonymousreply 53December 26, 2019 11:18 PM

The plot is there are a bunch of hysterical queens on this (and every other thread on this board) that can't handle an opinion that is different than theirs.

Such is the internet since day 1, lather, rinse, repeat.

by Anonymousreply 54December 26, 2019 11:20 PM

I found it entertaining. The point, is whatever. But it was fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 55December 26, 2019 11:22 PM

You are right r54 but the lunatic who keeps attacking everyone on this thread seems to be a little more unhinged than most.

by Anonymousreply 56December 26, 2019 11:27 PM

I think we can all agree that this was more inventive and interesting than West 40's or whatever that horrible youtube show was called.

by Anonymousreply 57December 26, 2019 11:28 PM

That movie he was watching on TV was riffed on MST3K years ago.

by Anonymousreply 58December 26, 2019 11:31 PM

[quote] I think we can all agree that this was more inventive and interesting than West 40's or whatever that horrible youtube show was called.

These are the options?

by Anonymousreply 59December 26, 2019 11:46 PM

I liked it. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 60December 27, 2019 4:19 AM

The prisspots who don't like this short prefer Brokeback Mountain. They like their gay characters to be killed.

by Anonymousreply 61December 27, 2019 12:32 PM

God, you’re stupid, r61. Stop breathing, someone else can better use the oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 62December 27, 2019 1:37 PM

My balls are full of oxygen if you're suffocating R62.

by Anonymousreply 63December 27, 2019 6:06 PM

The fantasy angle sucked. They should remake this, but make it more like a gay version of I Spit On Your Grave.

by Anonymousreply 64December 28, 2019 10:02 PM

This was super creepy. Hated the fantasy angle though.

by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2020 12:30 AM

This was creepy. But campy. The woman overdid it.

by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2020 10:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!