Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeffree Star buys 25,000sqft Hidden Hills mansion

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540January 31, 2020 2:15 AM

Is the mansion iconic? Because everything else is.

by Anonymousreply 1December 24, 2019 1:25 PM

Okay that link sucks. Try this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 24, 2019 1:25 PM

I wish he'd hide in the hills so we didn't have to look at him

by Anonymousreply 3December 24, 2019 1:25 PM

So much smoke and mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 4December 24, 2019 1:26 PM

How does this lower-class, uneducated freak make all this money seemingly overnight? He must be doing something right. Good for him though I guess.

by Anonymousreply 5December 24, 2019 1:27 PM

He'll be broke like MC Hammer at some point. Dude seems to blow through money as quickly as he makes it. I look forward to the day!

by Anonymousreply 6December 24, 2019 1:28 PM

all that tacky hides Gucci shit he buys, ick.

by Anonymousreply 7December 24, 2019 1:32 PM

The thing is though that social media requires you to look the part. If you brand yourself as successful social media Youtuber you have to show off in order to stay on brand.

A moderate middle class home would've been a smarter choice, but also a social media career ending move.

by Anonymousreply 8December 24, 2019 1:32 PM

#hideous

by Anonymousreply 9December 24, 2019 1:33 PM

Horrible people making horrible choices.

by Anonymousreply 10December 24, 2019 1:34 PM

How's Nathan, the redneck gay for pay boyfriend? I mean gay boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 11December 24, 2019 1:35 PM

He already had a huge house in Calabasas. This house is just gross. If he's trying to impress, he's failed miserably.

by Anonymousreply 12December 24, 2019 1:35 PM

It is amazing the money that is is cosmetics.

by Anonymousreply 13December 24, 2019 1:35 PM

He is a brilliant business person. He not only has his own line but he distros others. His collaboration with Shane Dawson made Shane millions overnight.

by Anonymousreply 14December 24, 2019 1:36 PM

That's what demons look like.

by Anonymousreply 15December 24, 2019 1:37 PM

I LIVE FOR JS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 24, 2019 1:39 PM

WTF?? A YouTube’rbcan afford a $14 million mansion???

by Anonymousreply 17December 24, 2019 1:39 PM

R8 Just a nice little modern minimalist penthouse somewhere would be fine. So much better to save money then be a sucker and spend it on a place you hardly use.

Because they barely use some of those rooms in the house, you know? It's ridiculous.

These new money people are just not smart with it.

by Anonymousreply 18December 24, 2019 1:39 PM

Funny how people all gush over Logan Paul because he is hot - dude lives in just as big of a house and drives just as ostentatious cars but you all think he is great because he is hot. Star at least SELLS something tangible and built a business. Sure he looks like Voldemort but he owns it. The guy is loyal to his employees and employs hundreds of people. Star built a brand and has a successful business, so what if he flosses a lil too much. He can afford it.

by Anonymousreply 19December 24, 2019 1:41 PM

Apparently he's worth 75 mm.

So he can afford this tacky monstrosity.

by Anonymousreply 20December 24, 2019 1:42 PM

He LOVES to name-drop his famous neighbors! It seems like external validation is what drives the bottomless pit that is his self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 21December 24, 2019 1:42 PM

r5 he has actually been around for a while. He had a failed music career and then got into cosmetics, and he skyrocketed from there.

by Anonymousreply 22December 24, 2019 1:42 PM

I've never understood the appeal of Shane Dawson either.

by Anonymousreply 23December 24, 2019 1:43 PM

r22 not really failed. He got signed by Akon and was set for a major release but then Akon got into legal trouble and Jeffree sort of ended up with nothing. He started his makeup line from nothing.

by Anonymousreply 24December 24, 2019 1:44 PM

Jeffree Star would be admirable if he weren't so pretentious showing off his wealth.

by Anonymousreply 25December 24, 2019 1:47 PM

Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants. Instead of filling a vacuum it makes one.

by Anonymousreply 26December 24, 2019 1:47 PM

[quote]I've never understood the appeal of Shane Dawson either.

Same! I'm ashamed to admit I watched JS's series with Shane where they created Shane's palette together. It was the first time I'd ever watched any Shane Dawson bullshit. The entire time I wondered why the fuck the guy was anything special? He's so completely ordinary and uninteresting. How does someone like that gain such a following??? Beyond bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 27December 24, 2019 1:47 PM

Looks like the crypt keeper. This generation has no taste. NONE.

by Anonymousreply 28December 24, 2019 1:48 PM

Shane seems to be a genuinely nice guy, but he is the mediocre of mediocrity. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 29December 24, 2019 1:48 PM

Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants. Instead of filling a vacuum it makes one.

Oh, honey, ahahahaahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 30December 24, 2019 1:50 PM

r25 that is just thing as much as he shows off he gives it away. When they moved they donated 90% of their clothing and furniture. He pays his employees well, offers full benefits and rewards them with bonuses etc. He is generous to a fault with his friends. Shane's boyfriend saw he had a gucci leather backpack and how much he wanted one, Jeffree got him one. As nice as he is to his friends he can be vicious to his enemies.

by Anonymousreply 31December 24, 2019 1:51 PM

JS is a damn liar. He made a YT video showing off his brand new "vault" closet, and in it he claimed he had armed guards sitting inside of it 24/7 in case of robbers. I knew that was a damn lie and sure enough, those guards have never been seen in that vault ever again! Gurl, who you think you're kidding??

by Anonymousreply 32December 24, 2019 1:51 PM

[quote] that is just thing as much as he shows off he gives it away. When they moved they donated 90% of their clothing and furniture. He pays his employees well, offers full benefits and rewards them with bonuses etc. He is generous to a fault with his friends. Shane's boyfriend saw he had a gucci leather backpack and how much he wanted one, Jeffree got him one. As nice as he is to his friends he can be vicious to his enemies.

And he did that all on camera whilst patting himself on the back for it, didn't he?

by Anonymousreply 33December 24, 2019 1:53 PM

BPD

by Anonymousreply 34December 24, 2019 1:54 PM

I have the same question, r5. HTH?!

by Anonymousreply 35December 24, 2019 1:54 PM

He didn't donate 90% of his clothing lol. He had a consignment company come take it lol. He even said he'd be getting a check for it.

by Anonymousreply 36December 24, 2019 1:55 PM

His ugliness triggers my ptsd.

by Anonymousreply 37December 24, 2019 2:01 PM

His only fans are silly little teenage girl fag hags. But those silly little teenage girl fag hags make him lots of money.

by Anonymousreply 38December 24, 2019 2:05 PM

Don't anyone click on his videos from reading this thread, it only makes him more money.

by Anonymousreply 39December 24, 2019 2:07 PM

He may be rich and successful but he sure as hell doesn't know the meaning of the word ironic.

by Anonymousreply 40December 24, 2019 2:08 PM

Guys inexplicably buy his stuff too. Like why would this guy buy makeup?? He doesn't seem the type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 24, 2019 2:08 PM

This tranny should've moved into Hidden Dick community! No more trannies!

by Anonymousreply 42December 24, 2019 2:09 PM

I hate dumb or untalented people with money. It burns.

by Anonymousreply 43December 24, 2019 2:24 PM

R43 it's become clear to me that hard work means nothing. Shameless self-promotion is all that matters now.

by Anonymousreply 44December 24, 2019 2:28 PM

Contentment makes poor men rich, discontent makes rich men poor.

by Anonymousreply 45December 24, 2019 2:32 PM

Kids playing with toys make obscene amounts of money on Youtube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 24, 2019 2:35 PM

This is why I am an Atheist. What God would allow someone named Jeffree Star to have this kind of success?

by Anonymousreply 47December 24, 2019 2:35 PM

Content and riches seldom meet together. You take riches, contentment I'd rather.

by Anonymousreply 48December 24, 2019 2:37 PM

Was in Hollywood this weekend, Christmas shopping. Should have seen all the young girls buying his expensive makeup. But these are the same kids that worship the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 49December 24, 2019 2:38 PM

When he and Tori were born, why did Candy decide to give him for adoption?

by Anonymousreply 50December 24, 2019 2:40 PM

i honestly don’t understand why he have such a huge followers in social media. he’s not the prettiest tg out there and he seem a bit mean? but he must be doing something right to be such a gazzilionaire.

by Anonymousreply 51December 24, 2019 2:41 PM

He acts all nice on social media...until someone criticizes his products. Then he becomes completely rabid. He exhibits damn near all the symptoms of BPD.

by Anonymousreply 52December 24, 2019 2:48 PM

R36 And then get a write off for his taxes.

by Anonymousreply 53December 24, 2019 2:49 PM

Amazing the amount of jealousy on display.

He found a niche, built a business, scored some hot redneck skater boyfriend and made millions.

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 54December 24, 2019 2:51 PM

yall think his BF is cute? he sells weed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 24, 2019 2:56 PM

r54 correction: he pays a dodgy-looking straight redneck skater guy to be his boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 56December 24, 2019 2:58 PM

Why would he sell weed when it’s legal in Cali? Does he own a dispensary?

All I got to say is that he hit the holy grail. But JS needs to be careful because the bf is a little too slick for my tastes. He seems to be exclusively in this for the perks.

by Anonymousreply 57December 24, 2019 2:59 PM

I used to think his bf was hot but then I saw his brother and father and realized they're all basically just clones of one another, right down to their mannerisms. And that's kind of odd.

by Anonymousreply 58December 24, 2019 2:59 PM

R56 EXACTLY.

by Anonymousreply 59December 24, 2019 3:00 PM

Most DLers would give their left nut to hook up once with a guy that looked (and acted) like Nathan

The fact that he claims to be hetero would push that number well above 80%

by Anonymousreply 60December 24, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote]He is a brilliant business person

I think at some point we have to accept that people like Star (and easily 50% of celebrities) get lucky with timing and image and have success with what is not a very discerning public. These are not brilliant people, they're lucky, and history is full of them, almost none of them remembered.

My favorite example of this is Joseph Pujol who was internationally famous in the late 1800s because he could fart songs. He was famous for years, had numerous musicals written about him and has appeared as a character in multiple movies, yet no one has the slightest idea who he is. Star will be even less influential and remembered than Pujol the fartiste.

by Anonymousreply 61December 24, 2019 3:01 PM

Let’s just pray that he signed a pre-nump.

by Anonymousreply 62December 24, 2019 3:02 PM

[quote]Let’s just pray that he signed a pre-nump.

It will be so much more fun if he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 63December 24, 2019 3:03 PM

R54 Amazing the amount of annoying bullshit that comes from your mouth. YOU would give your left nut. Don't speak for anyone else. Don't do that. You have got to be the most annoying person on this whole site. You think you fucking know everything.

by Anonymousreply 64December 24, 2019 3:04 PM

Most DLers would give their left nut to hook up once with a guy that looked (and acted) like Nathan

And so would Jeffree, that's why he pays him

by Anonymousreply 65December 24, 2019 3:05 PM

Really? He seems so plain Jane to me. And fake.

by Anonymousreply 66December 24, 2019 3:07 PM

r64 Totally agree. YourMillennialFriend is a condescending know-it-all fuckwit.

by Anonymousreply 67December 24, 2019 3:07 PM

W&W for R64.

by Anonymousreply 68December 24, 2019 3:08 PM

R65 WRONG.

by Anonymousreply 69December 24, 2019 3:09 PM

I'm personally not into guys with trashy tattoos, so count me out of the 80%. He does seem like a nice enough guy though. I feel sorry for him, having to sleep with JS and all. No wonder they have threesomes.

by Anonymousreply 70December 24, 2019 3:13 PM

On the one hand, I think it is great that ordinary artists and people have the opportunity to create an audience and sell their products without having to go through major corporations who hand-select the ones who make it and give back a paltry sum to their chosen candidates.

I get it. The concept of what is entertaining has expanded - it's no longer sit-coms, films, cop or hospital dramas, and music.

However, it's unbelievable to me how many of these are make-up titans, with no real background in make-up. I guess real make-up artists have to work - but I don't understand why people who earn money off their craft have been pushed aside by these nobodies? Bobbi Brown is the only make-up artist that I can think of who has transitioned to a line.

by Anonymousreply 71December 24, 2019 3:15 PM

I didn’t care for the way he harassed James Charles and campaigned for others to bully him. Jeffrey is pushing 50 and James is like 18.

That seemed totally psycho to me. Especially since he had nothing to do with the issue.

by Anonymousreply 72December 24, 2019 3:15 PM

Who is wearing all these cosmetics? Do people no longer buy from the big cosmetic houses anymore? It seems like a goldmine if you can break into it. It really boggles my mind how much $$$ is involved and the people getting rich off it.

by Anonymousreply 73December 24, 2019 3:16 PM

R73 Everybody wants to be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 74December 24, 2019 3:17 PM

R74 you mean hideous clowns or drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 75December 24, 2019 3:20 PM

Judging by what I saw in the JS/Shane Dawson series, creating a makeup palette consists of nothing more than pointing to color swatches and then thinking up cutesy names for said colors. Then you tell some actual talented people what you want the packaging to look like and they create it for you. Bam, done.

by Anonymousreply 76December 24, 2019 3:21 PM

I lot of boys are wearing makeup now. I don't want to be called old and out of touch, but I think that's weird. I'm glad that he's living his truth, but that James Charles dude creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 77December 24, 2019 3:22 PM

R75 Honey, take a stroll through youtube and tiktok and get a good look at all the girls doing makeup tutorials. My three nieces all wanted his palette for Christmas and got it.

by Anonymousreply 78December 24, 2019 3:23 PM

R76 Same with moisturizers and stuff. The celebrity or rich wife thinks of the name maybe and approves packaging. You think Cindy Crawford went out there with the doctor and found that melon? haha.

by Anonymousreply 79December 24, 2019 3:26 PM

The house looks like Tony Soprano mated with Barbie. To be expected, it’s not as if Jeffrey Starr would want to live in a tasteful Tudor

by Anonymousreply 80December 24, 2019 3:27 PM

I can haz skincare line? Put in it caviars!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 24, 2019 3:29 PM

The horror. The horror.

by Anonymousreply 82December 24, 2019 3:34 PM

[quote]  he’s not the prettiest tg out there

He's not trans. He seems more like an old school drag queen.

R76, I found the Conspiracy YouTube show fascinating because it showed how a product is brought to life. Jeffree already has a production company and deals with collaborators in place so obviously Shane Dawson, a complete novice in make-up, didn't have to do much. However we were shown each step along the way, like how the packaging went through various iterations, and that was fascinating.

The show itself was extremely well put together and presented Shane Dawson's journey as a classic hero's journey where he was pulled into a new major situation, faced obstacles on the way and came out victorious. Jeffree played the part of an evil yet powerful witch queen who made it all happen.

by Anonymousreply 83December 24, 2019 3:45 PM

I guess his boyfriend is from Michigan. Jeffree enters a Dollar General for the first time (gurl bye!) and tries out their make-up line

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 24, 2019 6:22 PM

Star’s boyfriend is becoming an ugly, skanky, tattooed freak just like Star. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 85December 24, 2019 9:56 PM

His make-up line is on Amazon. Jeffree's color palette can best be described as "For the Drama Queen Who Needs a Little Garish in Her life."

by Anonymousreply 86December 25, 2019 6:42 AM

I watched a couple of his videos (out of curiosity). I was somewhat jealous when Jeffree said he had a couple of errands to run. Those errands involved playing on a pinball machine and getting a manicure.

by Anonymousreply 87December 25, 2019 11:12 AM

I never thought someone so damn ugly would be successful selling makeup.

by Anonymousreply 88December 25, 2019 2:20 PM

He needs more makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 25, 2019 2:26 PM

I don't know who that is, but it sure is ugly. And the house too.

by Anonymousreply 90December 25, 2019 2:28 PM

R89, you use Jason Isaacs, one of the most gorgeous men on the planet, as an example of what Star looks like without make-up? I don't find Star ugly because he can look awesome when in drag but Jason is still on another planet.

by Anonymousreply 91December 25, 2019 3:57 PM

The porte cochere is hideous, as is the foyer. So much money, so little taste.

by Anonymousreply 92December 25, 2019 4:14 PM

R88 It's crazy. And the nerve to be so bitchy and cocky about it too!

by Anonymousreply 93December 25, 2019 4:43 PM

He is quite scary looking. Would love to know the real deal with the 'boyfriend.' No is he genuinely into this thing.

by Anonymousreply 94December 25, 2019 5:07 PM

Way^

by Anonymousreply 95December 25, 2019 5:32 PM

I always feel so disconnected when I read about shit like this. Who the hell wants a 26,000 sq ft mansion? Why? But I guess people do.

by Anonymousreply 96December 25, 2019 5:34 PM

Spending $14 M for Hidden Hills is one of the most foolish things you can do. Over the past 10 years, Hidden Hills prices have barely gone up, if at all. Meanwhile, houses in Bel Air, Beverly Hills etc. have doubled in value. $14M buys a lot of Beverly Hills, and it's going to appreciate way more.

by Anonymousreply 97December 25, 2019 5:38 PM

His boyfriend is hot. Too bad he has no personality.

by Anonymousreply 98December 25, 2019 8:36 PM

Rental.

by Anonymousreply 99December 25, 2019 8:53 PM

Jeffree reminds me of Marilyn Manson, without the attempted shock value. Which makes him the most shocking person of all.

by Anonymousreply 100December 25, 2019 8:58 PM

This house looks perfect....for killing your spouse and burying the body.

by Anonymousreply 101December 25, 2019 8:59 PM

The reaction of the DL to anyone successful but especially a successful or popular or hard-working GAY men that are getting rewards from their efforts (i.e. Jeffree or Dr. Jake MD).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 25, 2019 9:08 PM

R102 Hi yourmillennialfriend. You fucking douchebag. Not signing your posts anymore?

by Anonymousreply 103December 25, 2019 10:21 PM

I can't believe I just wasted a half hour of my life watching that link upthread.

by Anonymousreply 104December 25, 2019 10:23 PM

Who would want to look like that freak?

by Anonymousreply 105December 25, 2019 10:32 PM

The famous YouTubers are all ugly rodents.

by Anonymousreply 106December 25, 2019 10:45 PM

R106 So true. Instagram and TikTok too. It's like the twilight zone.

by Anonymousreply 107December 25, 2019 10:53 PM

All you nasty gays follow him so STFU, then you whine about him.

by Anonymousreply 108December 25, 2019 11:03 PM

Who is this freak and why does he spend so much money to live in a TJ Maxx store?

by Anonymousreply 109December 25, 2019 11:48 PM

He has an amazing car collection. Too bad they're all pink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 26, 2019 1:04 AM

R108 WRONG.

by Anonymousreply 111December 26, 2019 1:11 AM

Haters...all of you lol. He did a video where Shane and his BF took him to Walmart and dressed him in head to toe Walmart clothes - Star went along with it even strolled into LV dressed in 20 dollars worth of wallmart.

by Anonymousreply 112December 26, 2019 1:29 AM

R112 However humble.

by Anonymousreply 113December 26, 2019 1:38 AM

. I wanted to not enjoy his utube videos based on his terrible reputation and toxic appearance, but he's funny and has talent in his own way.

by Anonymousreply 114December 26, 2019 1:46 AM

He has a way about him. Personable, quick-witted, found his niche. Loaded. But the tattoos are ugly, hideous and tragic.

by Anonymousreply 115December 26, 2019 1:59 AM

Jeffree Star is basically Kylie Jenner if she was a tranny hooker in a free clinic waiting room. Oh wait....

Nate is perpetually drugged up. Either because that's the only way he's able to get intimate with The Tranny Cryptkeeper or because Tranny Cryptkeeper keeps him drugged up all the time to control him. When they move into that house, they're going to build a massive vault to contain Jeffree's massive handbag collection which probably reeks of weed and used sex toys. A good way to devalue them. Then they'll paint it a tacky pink, put in a few pieces of furniture and 50 pinball machines and then let the dogs shit everywhere. Voila! Home Sweet Home!

Angelyne pulls off the pink and garish theme a whole lot better than Jeffree does. And she's nearly 70, selling overpriced "rare" and "exclusive" merch she has a warehouse stacked with out of the trunk of her corvette and is also allegedly hooking to make ends meet. At least she's beginning to start allowing herself to be photographed without a fan (though she's replaced the face with sunglasses tilted downward) again.

by Anonymousreply 116December 26, 2019 2:24 AM

[quote]I wanted to not enjoy his utube videos based on his terrible reputation and toxic appearance, but he's funny and has talent in his own way.

The first time I even heard of him was during the silly James Charles feud. That certainly didn't leave a very positive impression since he came off as a total and utter cunt, but it became apparent during the Shane Dawson / Conspiracy web series that he's quite masterful at the way he handles media. Who knows how much of the feud was fabricated. I certainly started understanding him better, even though I can't say I want to watch anything from him besides the Conspiracy series. Pairing Shane Dawson with him was a total masterstroke.

by Anonymousreply 117December 26, 2019 9:30 AM

All the makeup is cheap generic stuff from China. All YouTubers do is slap their name on it. Same with all the cheap furniture from China that designers slap their name on like Nate Flanders from Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 118December 26, 2019 10:00 AM

To the person who suggested a nice penthouse instead of a large mansion, Jeffery and Nathan need the large yard because they are the type that just open up the door and lets the dogs out to shit wherever they want and never pick it up.

by Anonymousreply 119December 26, 2019 10:13 AM

Jeffree's car is SICK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 26, 2019 10:23 AM

The median list price in Hidden Hills is $7,500,000. The median list price in Hidden Hills went up 19% from November to December. Hidden Hills's home resale inventories is 17, which decreased 15 percent since November 2019. The median list price per square foot in Hidden Hills is $1,101. November 2019 was $1,010.

Distressed properties such as foreclosures and short sales remained the same as a percentage of the total market in December.

by Anonymousreply 121December 26, 2019 1:29 PM

Why do I get the feeling he’ll be flat broke one day once the popularity fades?

by Anonymousreply 122December 26, 2019 1:38 PM

So what’s the monthly bill for upkeep and cleaning? You must have at least four employees working full time, seven days a week to keep that place from going to seed.

by Anonymousreply 123December 26, 2019 2:38 PM

R123 I also wonder what the utilities, routine repairs, and property taxes will add up to per year. Hope he budgeted for all that shit.

by Anonymousreply 124December 26, 2019 2:42 PM

The amount of money that gullible teenage girls and adult women with arrested development spend on make-up and other frivolous nonsense must rival the Pentagon’s annual defense budget. I wonder to what degree economists and financial experts have studied this phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 125December 26, 2019 3:13 PM

^And we wonder why the average American doesn't have $400 in savings to cover an emergency.

by Anonymousreply 126December 26, 2019 3:43 PM

[quote]it became apparent during the Shane Dawson / Conspiracy web series that he's quite masterful at the way he handles media.

If only he was so masterful at customer service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 26, 2019 3:53 PM

[quote] Pairing Shane Dawson with him was a total masterstroke.

Just two famewhores using one another for their own personal gain, all the while acting like it's something more.

by Anonymousreply 128December 26, 2019 3:57 PM

His insides match the out. Anyone buying his shit deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 129December 26, 2019 4:20 PM

Hidden Hills is the very definition of nouveau. It’s so trashy. Jeffree knows this. He wears the labels with a sense of irony. It’s his brand.

by Anonymousreply 130December 26, 2019 6:27 PM

Say what you will about Jeffree but he's worked his ass off to get where he is. He's apparently always using bodyguards when doing public engagements since the hate is very real. Just imagine how much hate mail he's received over the years. It takes courage to proudly be what you are and keep going on. Obviously Jeffree happened at the right time when gay rights were already getting good but we all know it still isn't easy.

by Anonymousreply 131December 26, 2019 6:41 PM

He’s not just gay. He’s extra....

by Anonymousreply 132December 26, 2019 8:04 PM

R132, what's that supposed to mean? He seems to be gay à la Boy George or a drag queen. I'm sure some of the drag queens are trans, if that's what you meant, but to my knowledge Star doesn't seem to be.

by Anonymousreply 133December 26, 2019 8:08 PM

Is the boyfriend straight?

by Anonymousreply 134December 26, 2019 8:15 PM

His makeup is made in the US, R118. Viewers have seen the facilities and seen it being manufactured.

by Anonymousreply 135December 26, 2019 8:28 PM

R134, anyone into dick can't be all straight.

by Anonymousreply 136December 26, 2019 8:32 PM

R136, I doubt he’s into dick. He’s very likely a strict top who never touches dick. I know life of dudes like this.

by Anonymousreply 137December 26, 2019 8:34 PM

I doubt Jeffree likes guys who would ever touch his penis. Part of the allure of “mostly straight” dudes is they treat you Just like a Female and don’t interact with your penis. If a guy interacts with penis, it undermines his purported straightness.

by Anonymousreply 138December 26, 2019 8:37 PM

Many bi guys make their male partners wear jockstraps to avoid seeing or contacting a penis.

by Anonymousreply 139December 26, 2019 8:39 PM

This guy looks evil and was caught on video, mid-racist-rant (screaming about black people). I can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 140December 26, 2019 8:53 PM

What does he sell?

by Anonymousreply 141December 26, 2019 9:33 PM

Makeup. Lipsticks, etc.

by Anonymousreply 142December 26, 2019 9:47 PM

Assuming Nate actually gets physical with him. It's very possible, it's just a public image relationship. Wasn't Nate caught cheating?

by Anonymousreply 143December 26, 2019 11:05 PM

Jeffree Star makes the kind of makeup you'd buy to refill the Whore setting on your Homer Simpson Makeup Gun.

by Anonymousreply 144December 26, 2019 11:37 PM

Shane is an incredible impersonator and his characters were fun specially Shanaynay

I've watched The beautiful world of Jeffree Star the webseries and they go into detail on how much money Star makes and how much Shane could make launching a pallet and the last episode shows the whole process and how he sold a million units in 2 hours and made close to 5 million.

I couldn't care less about make up but it was a very entertaining and informative look at this particular business and it explains very straightforwardly why Jeffree is so rich.

Well now Shane is rich too. His makeup launch was the biggest in history apparently.

by Anonymousreply 145December 26, 2019 11:40 PM

And the dude (Shane) didn't know a fucking thing about makeup.

There is no God.

by Anonymousreply 146December 26, 2019 11:44 PM

R127 stickers? That's just embarrassing.

R143 if they're having threesomes then I'd say they have an open relationship.

R144 😆😆😆

by Anonymousreply 147December 27, 2019 12:11 AM

Um, excuse me R147--those stickers took someone HOURS to create, you entitled cunt!

by Anonymousreply 148December 27, 2019 12:15 AM

[quote]I doubt Jeffree likes guys who would ever touch his penis.

Hmm, I don't know. I could be wrong but I see him as a man who loves his dick and does not pretend to be female in the sack. I wouldn't necessarily see him as a bottom either.

by Anonymousreply 149December 27, 2019 1:43 AM

I do

by Anonymousreply 150December 27, 2019 2:13 AM

I think he reflects young people of today.

by Anonymousreply 151December 27, 2019 2:21 AM

Then God help us.

by Anonymousreply 152December 27, 2019 2:37 AM

Ha. I don’t like any of the young stars. These YouTubers, Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello, Zillow (sp?), that weird chick who sings I’m a Bad Boy. None of them but they are not for me. Young people don’t care about talent anymore. It’s only about popularity and success to them.

by Anonymousreply 153December 27, 2019 2:55 AM

Racist drag queen...so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 154December 27, 2019 2:57 AM

All these girls have big-time feuds with each other. James Charles was (believe it or not) the face of Covergirl in 2016. And they are fierce -- always getting into cat fights with each other which play out on Youtube. One of the more recent feuds was about James using his money and influence to "manipulate straight guys to believe they are gay." That one was because of Tati Westbrook, another beauty influencer (and a biological womnan). After she called Charles out on it (the guy was a waiter!) he immediately lost three million followers. And it just went on and on. She recanted, the followers came back, etc. James is a baby Jeffree and he's on his way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 27, 2019 10:34 PM

On it's way to being the most seen "apology" video ever. The humbled and humiliated Miss James Charles. And with not a touch of mascara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 27, 2019 10:39 PM

James Charles looks like he could be Hunter Tylo's son.

by Anonymousreply 157December 27, 2019 10:49 PM

R122. From what I've read, his money is diversified with many real estate investments. His money isn't likely to dry up anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 158December 27, 2019 10:52 PM

R155, my daughter watches all the “tea” videos about the feuds. Ugh, the DRAMA.

I can’t stand any of these people.

by Anonymousreply 159December 27, 2019 10:59 PM

That house is an only-in-America monstrosity. $15M could've bought a lot of real house in Bel Air, the Palisades, Benedict Canyon...but, oh well. As a side note, I've always wondered how one furnishes a massive faux-classical house like that, particularly 25,000ft2 worth; that's one hell of a lot of Crate & Barrel.

by Anonymousreply 160December 27, 2019 11:30 PM

Even if I had the money I would never buy something so piggish. I'd rather have a smaller house on a massive private lot somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 161December 27, 2019 11:33 PM

So he flood the oceans and waterways with his plastic pollution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162December 28, 2019 12:00 AM

So much trash with money these days. I don’t think I’d buy a new Rolls Royce even if I could afford it. It’s no longer a classy car brand. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 163December 28, 2019 6:42 PM

It’s a McMansion with double cheese.

by Anonymousreply 164December 28, 2019 11:30 PM

I don't like his house and I don't know how these people make so much money from eyeshadow but one thing I'll say is that this Jeffree guy seems pretty generous. I just saw where he donated $20k to the gofundme for that guy Kevin Bacon (not THAT Kevin Bacon) from Michigan who was murdered by a Grindr trick. We didn't have a thread about that case because the guy wasn't hot. Apparently he was a fan of his. And I still remember reading before that Star had donated a ton of money to the LA LGBT center a couple years ago.

by Anonymousreply 165December 29, 2019 2:00 AM

[Quote] We didn't have a thread about that case because the guy wasn't hot.

Lol typical DL.

by Anonymousreply 166December 29, 2019 9:14 AM

House address & video tour has leaked, thanks to Youtube's recommendations:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 1, 2020 5:45 AM

It only took 6 1/2 fucking years to get that monstrosity sold to these suckers.

by Anonymousreply 168January 1, 2020 5:52 AM

This narcissistic bisexual tranny stick insect, always ends up Trending on YouTube each week or two.

by Anonymousreply 169January 1, 2020 5:54 AM

Sorry not buying anything from someone with the name of "Jeffree". I would rather burn my money.

by Anonymousreply 170January 1, 2020 6:45 AM

He's wasted no time showing it off:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 1, 2020 4:46 PM

Does bitch think he's Cher? He's now licking his fake lips the same way she does.

by Anonymousreply 172January 1, 2020 4:52 PM

All that house and still uses mismatched plastic hangers.

by Anonymousreply 173January 1, 2020 5:03 PM

I’m late to the Jeffrey Star party but I like him. He doesn’t seem to be as freaky or crazy as his appearance might suggest. He seems pretty normal actually.

by Anonymousreply 174January 2, 2020 5:24 AM

...until you get on his bad side. Then the BPD comes out.

by Anonymousreply 175January 2, 2020 5:52 AM

Bump for the worthless idiot of the other thread. Do a search, lazy trash.

by Anonymousreply 176January 2, 2020 6:41 PM

Did they break up?

by Anonymousreply 177January 10, 2020 10:40 PM

The appeal of Shane Dawson is he's a sloppy, gross proxy for the average viewer. He's like a more "honest" version of the boy-next-door. People like him because they think he's real. Little do those thirteen year old girls know, it's all bullshit, but still he plays the act well. The "I'm so gross I'm such a nasty pig!" thing is in with kids right now because they see it as honesty, it makes these unimaginably wealthy youtubers and influencers seem like real people, even if the "always messy" rooms they're talking about happen to be inside of million dollar mansions.

by Anonymousreply 178January 10, 2020 10:48 PM

Does anybody know the t on the break-up? I’m shook.

by Anonymousreply 179January 11, 2020 1:27 AM

YouTubers are not true celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 180January 11, 2020 1:54 AM

More like the contract expired or Nathan finally got some self respect. Guarantee within 2 years he'll have some chick knocked up.

by Anonymousreply 181January 11, 2020 2:09 AM

Hope JS has a prenump. The hubby will be set for life either way.

by Anonymousreply 182January 11, 2020 2:17 AM

R179 they broke up??

by Anonymousreply 183January 11, 2020 4:00 AM

Who said they broke up?

by Anonymousreply 184January 11, 2020 7:55 AM

R182 They weren't married.

by Anonymousreply 185January 11, 2020 8:20 AM

It’s all over the socials. So JS took him off his insta profile and then made a cryptic post and then went dark.

That’s all I got so far. I didn’t even know who these people 2 weeks ago so this is all accelerating at lightning speed.

by Anonymousreply 186January 11, 2020 8:23 AM

It's sad if they broke up. Ate the other series where Shane interviews him he tells and shows Nathan met him before he became a millionaire. He also says in that interview they do threesomes together only and he is not shy about admitting he escorted to survive and had sucked and was fucked by very powerful and known Hollywood celebrities who would literally kill him if he revealed who they were.

by Anonymousreply 187January 11, 2020 8:30 AM

The break-up rumor was started by a drama channel called "Here for the Tea" ( I think that's the name), Jeffree has done battle with this "Tea" lady for years, they throw shit at each other, cease fire, &then start the process all over again.

by Anonymousreply 188January 11, 2020 9:03 AM

All alone in that mansh now.

by Anonymousreply 189January 11, 2020 9:21 AM

I think this is real. Jeffree had wife to Nathan at his bio and this is now gone from his social media. Nate has deleted his IG and Star has posted and now deleted a Twitter where he asks God tom help him deal with his pain.

by Anonymousreply 190January 11, 2020 9:21 AM

"This is the same motherfucker who sells metal straws because he’s 'trying to save the planet.'"

Yeah just when you thought life couldn't get more unfair.

by Anonymousreply 191January 11, 2020 9:22 AM

Once you go straight, buh-bye Nate!

by Anonymousreply 192January 11, 2020 9:24 AM

Ooo chiiiiiiiild! It's gon' be mighty awkward for Jeffree to go back to that second home of his in Grand Rapids from now on lol. Who's getting custody of the fur babies!?

by Anonymousreply 193January 11, 2020 9:26 AM

[Quote] and had sucked and was fucked by very powerful and known Hollywood celebrities who would literally kill him if he revealed who they were.

So he didn't give any other hints then??

by Anonymousreply 194January 11, 2020 9:51 AM

Shane kept asking him about it. He made it clear he was talking about male cebrities of the AAA kind but then said they would literally hire someone to kill him if he ever revealed their identity. He alluded to actors and some musicians no one in particular.

by Anonymousreply 195January 11, 2020 10:01 AM

And yet this pos wears fur and leather. If you want to really help save the planet you’d go vegan. I’m not vegan myself, but I don’t wear fur or other animal products.

by Anonymousreply 196January 11, 2020 10:11 AM

[quote]The break-up rumor was started by a drama channel called "Here for the Tea" ( I think that's the name), Jeffree has done battle with this "Tea" lady for years, they throw shit at each other, cease fire, &then start the process all over again.

I'm an eldergay over 40 and don't know much about Youtubers but isn't this kind of shit-talking just the thing these people do to keep their channels interesting? Most of it seem to be manufactured. Jeffree "breaking up" could be a ploy to keep him in headlines and in people's minds.

by Anonymousreply 197January 11, 2020 10:23 AM

soooo bizarre that she made millions from selling eyeshadow, etc.....

whuts the real deal??

by Anonymousreply 198January 11, 2020 10:28 AM

why is that swarthy pig mr shane popular??

cant stand to look at her. gross with a capital G

by Anonymousreply 199January 11, 2020 10:37 AM

R199

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 11, 2020 10:42 AM

He’s living proof communism doesn’t go far enough.

by Anonymousreply 201January 11, 2020 12:07 PM

jefreeeee musta caught nate cheating on him or stealin, tho that seems unlikely,,,,,,,who knows why they both went dark. justa publicity schtick prob.... nate bein str8, needed pussy, maybe he was getting some on the side

by Anonymousreply 202January 11, 2020 12:33 PM

More proof America loves its gays to be femme, white, and gentile.

by Anonymousreply 203January 11, 2020 1:02 PM

I agree with R202, I think Nathan got caught cheating or something and dumped by Jeffree. I doubt Nathan would've willingly gotten rid of the millionaire boyfriend he was living with in a huge ass mansion in Beverly Hills to go back to working at a pet store in backwoods Minnesota.

by Anonymousreply 204January 11, 2020 4:01 PM

I don’t think that’s Beverly Hills, sis.

But point taken.

by Anonymousreply 205January 11, 2020 5:18 PM

It would be fun if Nathan hooked up with Jame Charles.

by Anonymousreply 206January 11, 2020 5:33 PM

Well I guess the new house couldn’t save the marriage, they should of have had a baby instead.

by Anonymousreply 207January 11, 2020 5:37 PM

So is Nathan the new trade on Sunset boulevard?

by Anonymousreply 208January 11, 2020 5:38 PM

That's messy. Ita was clear in some episode Nate's whole family is involved in Stars business.

I don't think for a second that guy is straight though Jeffree loves to wear his supposed straightness as a badge.

Jeffree is not a trans person he's a gay guy who sometimes even acts out like a man.

Nate strikes me as a typical small town gay kid. I had boyfriends like him. He likes and acts like me and my friends the idea he's some straight dude just because he likes sports and cars is stupid.

I think Nate might have cheated on Jeffree with another man. At some point Jeffree said he wouldn't be jealous of Nate hooking up with girls but he would with guys.

by Anonymousreply 209January 11, 2020 5:39 PM

No guy that hooks up with somebody with a dick is straight. However, I doubt Nathan's the new trade. He's cute, but something tells me that asshole ain't clean. Do they have pamphlets on douching in bumblefuck Minnesota?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210January 11, 2020 5:45 PM

They broke up. I fucking called it.

by Anonymousreply 211January 11, 2020 6:00 PM

They broke up. I fucking called it.

by Anonymousreply 212January 11, 2020 6:00 PM

[Quote]nate bein str8, needed pussy, maybe he was getting some on the side

I think you nailed it. I've read a few tweets claiming that Nate has a girlfriend now. My guess is he probably cheated.

by Anonymousreply 213January 11, 2020 6:06 PM

So, do we think Nate is getting pegged by his new girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 214January 11, 2020 6:07 PM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215January 11, 2020 6:07 PM

Jeffree is trending worldwide on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 216January 11, 2020 6:10 PM

Number One twitter trend

by Anonymousreply 217January 11, 2020 6:13 PM

We broke up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 11, 2020 6:24 PM

Now that Jeffree is trending worldwide on twitter maybe the grandpas here will understand that some Youtubers are celebrities.

The video alludes to Nate being tired of the spotlight and since they'll see each other next week, I doubt this break up had anything to do with cheating. It looks like your typical story of the small town person who ends up dating a very famous celebrity that puts him in a position he doesn't want to be in, plus lots of mental illness as he frankly explains.

by Anonymousreply 219January 11, 2020 7:37 PM

Now that Jeffree is trending worldwide on twitter maybe the grandpas here will understand that some Youtubers are celebrities.

The video alludes to Nate being tired of the spotlight and since they'll see each other next week, I doubt this break up had anything to do with cheating. It looks like your typical story of the small town person who ends up dating a very famous celebrity that puts him in a position he doesn't want to be in, plus lots of mental illness as he frankly explains.

by Anonymousreply 220January 11, 2020 7:37 PM

Actually Jeffree is #1 and Nathan #2 on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 221January 11, 2020 7:39 PM

Publicity stunt. They'll be back together before the end of the year. Jeffree's always doing shit like this for clout.

by Anonymousreply 222January 11, 2020 7:42 PM

The dude cheated... please, tale as old as time. Did this ugly tranny think that boy was going to be his lapdog forever?

by Anonymousreply 223January 11, 2020 7:53 PM

Rumour has it that Nathan left JS for a woman who lives in Malibu. She must be rich also.

by Anonymousreply 224January 11, 2020 8:01 PM

Jeffree doesn't strike me as someone who would let a cheating go that easy. He threw a tantrum for much less. He's the type of guy who would make a stink very publicly if that happened.

He says he's going to meet Nathan next week and that their house in Michigan is still there for them to use.

Their separation seems amicable. Jeffree never claimed to be nor is he a tranny. He's a gay guy who drags.

by Anonymousreply 225January 11, 2020 8:12 PM

I felt this new mansion has a bad vides. I think Nathan was overwhelmed by its sheer opulence, decadence, excess. He probably sabotaged his relationship with Jeffree to get away from it all.

by Anonymousreply 226January 11, 2020 8:19 PM

Is he ever not in drag? That’s a tranny baby.

by Anonymousreply 227January 11, 2020 8:24 PM

Pretty bold of G4P Nate to leave his sugar daddy when pretty much his whole family relies on Jeffree's wealth. I know he got the parents a house but does he own it or do they? 'Cause apparently he's SUPER petty and I can totally see him kicking them out LOL.

by Anonymousreply 228January 11, 2020 8:46 PM

Nate probably has money of his own now. Not JS money, but enough. He could also create his own YouTube channel and make bank. He didn't need to keep up the charade any longer.

by Anonymousreply 229January 11, 2020 8:51 PM

[quote] Is he ever not in drag? That’s a tranny baby.

Of course he is. Just take a look at his vacation pictures with Nate. He's there shirtless wearing shorts like any other guy at the beach. He's still effeminate but in no way a trans.

by Anonymousreply 230January 11, 2020 8:53 PM

Nate has no talent or skills, he was working at a pet shop before Jeffree picked him up. I would say he could find work as a model but honestly even that's a stretch. His best hope is to become a whore, otherwise he and his podunk family can kiss that pink paycheck goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 231January 11, 2020 8:55 PM

Original thread bump.

by Anonymousreply 232January 11, 2020 9:19 PM

No hot dude wants to hang out with a high maintenance TRANNY forever. No-one should have to suffer through that.

by Anonymousreply 233January 11, 2020 9:24 PM

I admire his business. Dude has a mansion, luxurious cars, a jet and 75m net worth. He’s super successful and from his videos, particularly the Shane docuseries, he seems decent, respectful, hardworking and like he has his shit together. He also surprisingly doesn’t come across as shallow like some YouTube stars despite the over the top look and lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 234January 11, 2020 9:34 PM

^^although he’s also a contradiction - I don’t understand his over the top closeness to his dogs. He treats them and talks about them like they’re children. Apparently Nathan went into a depression when one of them died..what the fuck!

by Anonymousreply 235January 11, 2020 9:37 PM

Dogs are sentient beings and companions we share our lives with. It's easy to understand why people attached to them get depressed and sad when they die. I fail to see why is this even a surprise, unless you don't have a heart.

by Anonymousreply 236January 11, 2020 9:58 PM

I know most catty queens here think otherwise, but their relationship seemed very genuine and Nate seemed very sweet and kind. I think that the fact they're still socializing despite the break up confirms this. Not everyone in the world is a bitch with a vengeance. Sometimes people just grow apart.

by Anonymousreply 237January 11, 2020 10:01 PM

R236 there’s a difference between being sad and mildly depressed and going into a depression for months over a dog you had for less than 2 years. That’s clearly a sign that the primary relationships in their lives are either missing or messed up and they’ve replaced these relationships with their pets. Unfortunately people who have been severely hurt by family (as Jeffrey has been) and end up with a lot of money, think that they can surround themselves with things that cannot hurt them be it mansions, “yes” people and pets. Jeffree has spoken over and over again about “how hard last year was” with the “death of 2 dogs”..these are not normal people problems. People are trying to survive!

by Anonymousreply 238January 11, 2020 10:24 PM

But if Nathan and Jeffree had 3-ways maybe he was just trying out a new plaything for the new house.

by Anonymousreply 239January 11, 2020 10:47 PM

No need for those his & hers master bathrooms now!

by Anonymousreply 240January 11, 2020 10:52 PM

Despite how annoying Jeffree is, I do give him credit for being smarter than the average Youtube makeup artist. Once he started making good money he made smart investments, bought stock, property, etc. That's why he's so rich today. I doubt his own makeup makes up even 10% of where his money is coming from. The guy invested in weed dispensaries before they blew up and flipped property that's now worth millions. He might be white trash but he certainly ain't dumb.

by Anonymousreply 241January 11, 2020 10:57 PM

R239 They were less of 3-ways and more just Jeffree watching Nate fuck girls.

by Anonymousreply 242January 11, 2020 11:12 PM

Here is a video of him being as masculine as possible for a collaboration with some other Youtubers (Dolan Twins)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243January 11, 2020 11:29 PM

When someone said they had threesomes, was it with another man or woman?

by Anonymousreply 244January 11, 2020 11:39 PM

R229 I think Nate would be too boring for a YouTube channel.

by Anonymousreply 245January 11, 2020 11:57 PM

His viewership would consist entirely of thirsty Dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 246January 12, 2020 12:28 AM

Nate is only half-conscious at any given moment.

by Anonymousreply 247January 12, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote] there’s a difference between being sad and mildly depressed and going into a depression for months over a dog you had for less than 2 years. That’s clearly a sign that the primary relationships in their lives are either missing or messed up and they’ve replaced these relationships with their pets.

Well Dr. Phil you're wrong. Depression over pets death has been studied for quite a while now. As society moves away from speciesism and science proves us that animals are sentient beings, they become even closer to humans and are treated deservingly so as part of the family. So being depressed over a dead pet as if it were a member of your family is expected.

by Anonymousreply 248January 12, 2020 2:36 AM

Somebody on Twitter was basically asking out Nathan after the news of the break up was confirmed and posters replying that it was too soon.

by Anonymousreply 249January 12, 2020 3:10 AM

I lost my dog I had 4 sixteen yrs 5 months ago and its the worst thing ive gone thru ever, I stay in bed all the time. life sux

nate met a rich Malibu gal and has a new rich life, he str8 and tired of jeffree fuckiin his ass hole. he like big tittys an sweet pussy to suk

BEST TO EM BOTH

by Anonymousreply 250January 12, 2020 9:46 AM

[quote] I doubt his own makeup makes up even 10% of where his money is coming from.

Star said in his and Shane Dawson's Youtube series that he made $20.8M from a single line of makeup, and he has several lines. I do agree with you that he seems to have been very savvy with his finances.

by Anonymousreply 251January 12, 2020 10:14 AM

Jeffree looks like Tori Spelling in R210

by Anonymousreply 252January 12, 2020 10:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 12, 2020 10:59 AM

[quote]I do agree with you that he seems to have been very savvy with his finances.

Really?? What about him and his MC Hammer lifestyle makes you think he's savvy with his finances!?

by Anonymousreply 254January 12, 2020 11:11 AM

R253 I still think that's what happened. Obviously Jeffree would never admit it though.

by Anonymousreply 255January 12, 2020 11:27 AM

[quote] Really?? What about him and his MC Hammer lifestyle makes you think he's savvy with his finances!?

I also think he’s savvy with his finances. 6 yrs ago when he started his makeup business he apparently had $400 to his name and he’s scared to be broke again. I think he also said in the series with Shane that his lifestyle is basically money to play with, change. I think he lives off his Youtube money and not his business earnings.

by Anonymousreply 256January 12, 2020 11:29 AM

R243, is that Rachel Maddow?

by Anonymousreply 257January 12, 2020 12:41 PM

More interesting than the 50 threads about the royals.

by Anonymousreply 258January 12, 2020 1:06 PM

R255 so do i.

by Anonymousreply 259January 12, 2020 1:29 PM

[quote] I also think he’s savvy with his finances. 6 yrs ago when he started his makeup business he apparently had $400 to his name and he’s scared to be broke again. I think he also said in the series with Shane that his lifestyle is basically money to play with, change. I think he lives off his Youtube money and not his business earnings.

That is not what he said. He said his AdSense money is his 'play' money. He didn't buy that $16 million monstrosity with Youtube 'play' money! And if he's so damn money savvy, why was he ever down to $400 to begin with? You've clearly watched his videos so you must know he blows through money like it's going to last forever. I'm no Suze Orman, but I do know that that is NOT savvy.

by Anonymousreply 260January 12, 2020 2:00 PM

that fugly house not a good investment.....sat unsold for years.....yukkkk

by Anonymousreply 261January 12, 2020 2:26 PM

I would’ve left anyone who bought such a vulgar house!

by Anonymousreply 262January 12, 2020 2:36 PM

And....he just broke up with his bf.

by Anonymousreply 263January 12, 2020 2:36 PM

born Jeffrey Lynn Steininger Jr.; November 15, 1985

by Anonymousreply 264January 12, 2020 2:48 PM

he too kool for her, he don't want some fug house like dat, he wants keep it real, jeffrreeee too fake and icky.

yay Malibu , enjoy it nate. kool folks out there

by Anonymousreply 265January 12, 2020 2:50 PM

Her name is Lynn? Is she male or female?

by Anonymousreply 266January 12, 2020 2:54 PM

So we’re they already broken up when they did the video about the new house?

by Anonymousreply 267January 12, 2020 2:57 PM

Yeah I didn't get it- they spent weeks filming the moving videos, how Nate and he cleaned up and donated clothes to charity. They were all cozy and he was all over the video. Now they are broken up?

by Anonymousreply 268January 12, 2020 3:17 PM

Because it was probably a mostly fauxmance. I'm surprised how many people actually buy into these fake relationships. I remember Nikita Dragon 'dating' Michael Yerger, the Survivor guy. It was clearly fake, yet so many believed it. Even after Michael admitted it was all bullshit. This is much longer obviously, but I think Nate was basically hired to play a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 269January 12, 2020 3:29 PM

[quote] This is much longer obviously, but I think Nate was basically hired to play a boyfriend.

Well that’s a very expensive hire given that Nate’s family has been featured on the channel and they have a house together in Michigan which Nate’s family lives in. R260 he does have a number of businesses but who knows perhaps he has a financier? He’s talked about a business partner before, I wonder who it is? He’s also mentioned how people like him are in high demand by “straight” guys on the dl so who knows. But Yeah his lifestyle is ridiculously lavish especially with his private jet.

by Anonymousreply 270January 12, 2020 4:19 PM

[quote] This is much longer obviously, but I think Nate was basically hired to play a boyfriend.

Well that’s a very expensive hire given that Nate’s family has been featured on the channel and they have a house together in Michigan which Nate’s family lives in. R260 he does have a number of businesses but who knows perhaps he has a financier? He’s talked about a business partner before, I wonder who it is? He’s also mentioned how people like him are in high demand by “straight” guys on the dl so who knows. But Yeah his lifestyle is ridiculously lavish especially with his private jet.

by Anonymousreply 271January 12, 2020 4:19 PM

Despite all the showboating, Jeffree actually is savvy with his finances. The gucci shit is just what every white trash person does once they become rich, it's a status symbol. He's invested in stocks, in hotels, in the cannabis business, in other more successful makeup companies, and in a shit ton of property, primarily condos and apartment buildings in big cities. He might be white trash that likes to showboat his wealth, but his income isn't stopping anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 272January 12, 2020 4:36 PM

These you tubers need to be carful because you can bet the financial scammers that used to prey on Hollywood types have moved on to the youtubers.

by Anonymousreply 273January 12, 2020 4:40 PM

His break up video is making him cash! Already his 5th most watched video with 21 million views

by Anonymousreply 274January 12, 2020 5:21 PM

He's so tacky.

by Anonymousreply 275January 12, 2020 5:24 PM

I think emotionally and mentally he is a pretty damaged human. Likely has a personality disorder that developed from his childhood traumas. I think you need a certain psychological bent to be a Youtuber / influencer. Part of his Youtube work is playing the Jeffree Star character. That said, I agree he is reasonably intelligent and has a decent head for business. He has invested it and seems pretty on the ball when it comes to ensuring his future.

by Anonymousreply 276January 12, 2020 5:28 PM

I think he’s probably made a ton of mistakes especially in his music days and learned from them. He seems really smart about what he’s doing,..definitely a step ahead of other YouTube Makeup stars.

by Anonymousreply 277January 12, 2020 6:08 PM

Music days? Was he a pop star?

by Anonymousreply 278January 12, 2020 6:29 PM

R278 yes he released a couple albums and probably a couple dozen songs in total

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 12, 2020 7:00 PM

Maybe he and Aaron Carter should date?

by Anonymousreply 280January 12, 2020 7:44 PM

Don’t worry about little Nathan financially. He’s going to make an absolute mint on this breakup. I guarantee lawyers are already in play. His family will be able to keep the property, he’ll be keeping all his cars (he’s sitting on 3 plus mil alone with that), all of his clothes and everything purchased and gifted during the relationship (easily another couple mil.) The biggest thing though will be the business buyout, Jeffree has talked many times about how Nathan has helped with product ideas and names, and that alone will probably net him 10 mil plus, and maybe a lot more, that is if he chooses to take a buyout - he could always demand a percentage of sales forever. All in all we’re probably talking 20 mil plus net walk away. And he’ll get it, because if this does get nasty despite how nice they’re being right now, I guarantee he’s sitting on info that could cancel Jeffree permanently and finish off his business, and Jeffree will pay A LOT to keep that from happening. Welcome to LA and how the rich divorce. Nathan will never be poor again. Hope that dick was worth it!

by Anonymousreply 281January 12, 2020 7:53 PM

According to Business Insider he made 18 million in 2018 off his Youtube channel alone. He was in the top 10 Youtubers with earnings between 10-20 million.

Most old people here have no real sense of what Youtube and social media represents today in terms of money and popularity, that's why you dismiss this guy even though he was a worldwide trend on Twitter yesterday due to his break up.

The world has changed, popularity is not centralized anymore. Just because you never heard of someone, that doesn't mean they're not famous with youngsters and loaded with money. Wise up. There are Youtubers making 2 million a year I've never heard of. That's the reality now.

There are many business articles on how much he made with his make up line and how he invested his money, just googled it.

He's tacky with how he spends his money but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 282January 12, 2020 8:02 PM

R281 They were never married.

by Anonymousreply 283January 12, 2020 8:04 PM

I’m aware of that R283. It doesn’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 284January 12, 2020 8:09 PM

Nathan was a 21/22 year old kid from small town Michigan when he started dating Jeffree. I just looked at a few youtube videos and Nathan looks a combo of depressed, shy, and high in pretty much every video. He is mostly expressionless. Other than saying baby and the occasional peck on the lips, Nate doesn't show any affection or even emotion towards Jeffree. There was even a video of 'cute, sexy moments' and it had nothing in it. I have no idea what the reality of their relationship was but it really seems that Nate isn't happy. His brother lives with them too so maybe he will get a place with him. I read that Nate is co-owner in the cannabis business and has some connection to one of the make-up lines. I am sure for now Jeffree will take care of him but as R283 said, if the amicable thing ends, it will be interesting. I am sure NDAs have been signed but who knows. Nate seems to want out of the spotlight and is a pretty quiet, shy guy so I doubt he will go looking for drama.

by Anonymousreply 285January 12, 2020 8:09 PM

The BF hit the jackpot, no question. Jeffrey is singular in the YT world. Nothing like it in the states. Except Kyle Jenner.

He is the undisputed king of YouTube currently.

by Anonymousreply 286January 12, 2020 8:12 PM

R281 If there's one thing Nathan definitely shouldn't keep it's all of his clothes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287January 12, 2020 8:13 PM

R287 the fuck is that tattoo?! 😦

by Anonymousreply 288January 12, 2020 10:51 PM

That may have been one of the worst songs I've ever heard at R279. Keep it to eyeshadow Jeffers.

by Anonymousreply 289January 12, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote]He's invested in stocks

Just because a person buys stocks doesn't automatically make him or her savvy. Which stocks? A person can buy stocks and lose his ass (just wait until the current bubble bursts and you'll see many examples of this).

[quote] I think emotionally and mentally he is a pretty damaged human. Likely has a personality disorder that developed from his childhood traumas.

He ticks damn near every single box for BPD. How Nate was able to ride that bull for five whole years is beyond me. Must've been one hell of a rodeo!

by Anonymousreply 290January 12, 2020 11:30 PM

R290 It's a lot easier to ride a bucking bull for that long when you're being paid millions to do it (not to mention getting to live in lavish mansions, go on expensive vacations, walk red carpets, and fuck famous people).

by Anonymousreply 291January 12, 2020 11:33 PM

He also bought him a 600K car

by Anonymousreply 292January 13, 2020 12:03 AM

Gurl bye. Jeffree will buy him some new trade by the end of this week.

NEXT

by Anonymousreply 293January 13, 2020 2:24 AM

I think they had a real romance. However,, in the last docuseries with Shane and the makeup palette, Nate was barely around and if he was, he ran away from the camera. Usually, he'd be seen with Jeffree or at least be affectionate with him like his other videos but I felt there was a disconnect between the two.

This is going to be a sticky situation--financially--- if they are really going to separate for good. Of course, Nate is going to deny there is someone else in the picture. Why blow his meal-ticket until everything is finalized.

by Anonymousreply 294January 13, 2020 2:34 AM

Well in his video he said it has been for weeks but they bought the house and moved just a few weeks ago. He also said they were still friends. I am wondering if Nate is going to go back to Michigan? Not sure how you go from living in a 30K sq foot mansion and driving a McClaren to living in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 295January 13, 2020 3:05 AM

As my mother once said to me, "I've been poor before and I can be poor again!"

by Anonymousreply 296January 13, 2020 4:06 AM

In the end Nathan is only 26 and he and his family are now pretty set for life if they manage their money well. He may have been gay4pay or he may be bisexual, who knows. It wasn't a monogamous relationship and it really isn't clear if one or both were in love or if it was a friendship. They likely cared for each other to make it last that long - regardless of what went on romantically or sexually. Jeffree may have just really needed the calm, consistent presence of a trustworthy friend who didn't care about fame in his turbulent, chaotic, dramatic life. As R291 said, Nathan got lavish vacations, expensive cars, really anything he wanted as did his family. Off camera Jeffree may be more low key and more tolerable for longer periods of time as well.

by Anonymousreply 297January 13, 2020 4:07 AM

Nate may not have been with Jeffree for his money, but one thing's for sure: Jeffree's next boyfriend will be!

by Anonymousreply 298January 13, 2020 4:09 AM

Nathan was there for the money, i seriously doubt they had a sexual relationship or romantic for that matter. Jeffree got publicity for having a cute straight boyfriend and Nathan and his family got money. Nathan probably got tired of it and wanted a real relationship or maybe had a real relationship and the girl demanded they break it off publicly so they could move forward.

by Anonymousreply 299January 13, 2020 4:23 AM

Of course everyone here is bashing the gay guy and blaming him for the break up. What a surprise. I usually don't side with fem catty queens, but I've learned to like Jeffree after the series on him and then this one with Shane.

It's pretty clear by the timeline Jeffree and Nate met before he had any money, so saying this guy was hooking up with him out of interest is bizarre. He was a small town boy fascinated by an urban LA gay dude. It's not even hard to understand. I've seen it happen before. It's actually even a trope in gay themed movies.

Nate has always been shy and retiring and if you actually pay attention to Jeffree's video, he goes into the problems they had. He even mentions Nate's mental health issues and that of his brother. I think it's safe to assume they both connected over their issues.

by Anonymousreply 300January 13, 2020 4:39 AM

Their relationship seemed genuine so it was shocking to learn about their break up. The oficial reason given by Jeffree that Nate couldn't/didn't want to handle fame plus his own mental health issues seem plausible and in line with his character.

by Anonymousreply 301January 13, 2020 4:42 AM

Here he is jerking off in the mansion bathroom. Tacky tiles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 13, 2020 4:42 AM

Where the fuck did you get those videos, R302? From Grindr?

by Anonymousreply 303January 13, 2020 4:50 AM

Their relationship wasn't disingenuous, it was real, but it was hollow. I'm sure they did have plenty of sex and dates and all that, but neither of them were in it for love. Jeffree wanted a hot straight guy to fuck (who can blame him, all of you queens would've done the same thing if you had the funds) and Nathan wanted out of his shitty white trash life in small town Michigan. They both got what they wanted out of the relationship, but honestly it's Nathan that's getting the short end of the stick. Jeffree can get over it and find another guy just like Nathan, but Nate cost himself one hell of a sugar daddy. If he were smart he would've stayed with Jeff till the end and milked that cow for all it was worth, but sadly he never did seem to have much in the brains department. Luckily for him he has a nice thick cock and thanks to Jeffree the world now knows who he is, so if he has even a lick of common sense he'll find another rich cock to hop on. If not, good luck back in Michigan, Opie.

by Anonymousreply 304January 13, 2020 4:59 AM

Jeffree is the type to give him a financial parting gift. In the breakup video (I didn't watch all of it) he mentioned how he was always the secrete side-piece until Nate came around. This was before he was famous. There is something very comforting about having someone give you that relationship validation before you made it big. Jeffree probably could feel that the end was near so this house and everything is a way to prepare for the new decade. It's been weeks so they simply held off talking about the breakup until the Holidays were over, can't let real life get in the way of capturing the audience's attention.

Jeffree made $18 million from YT last year, it would be nothing to buy Nate a nice like house somewhere with a couple of million in the bank. I'd do it.

by Anonymousreply 305January 13, 2020 5:01 AM

I don't believe Nate is straight. He's a gay guy who just had enough as is the case with many relationships.

by Anonymousreply 306January 13, 2020 5:12 AM

I don't think Nathan's gay but I also don't think Jeffree having a dick is the reason they broke up.

by Anonymousreply 307January 13, 2020 5:36 AM

r304 That's why i think he was just tired of it and got out with as much money as he got to that point, i'm not convinced it was anything but a showmance.

by Anonymousreply 308January 13, 2020 5:40 AM

[quote] The oficial reason given by Jeffree that Nate couldn't/didn't want to handle fame plus his own mental health issues seem plausible and in line with his character.

He never actually said that was the official reason they broke up. He kinda/sorta eluded to that but I think that was done on purpose as a way of beating around the bush. Wendy Williams was pulling that same sort of vague wording bullshit when she was in rehab and separating from her husband.

by Anonymousreply 309January 13, 2020 5:50 AM

That makes sense too R309. Maybe we'll find out someday as we did with Wendy.

R305 except Nate met Jeffree when he was broke, granted he was as popular Myspace celebrity with a dead singing career. Nate literally got a house from Jeffree, I still think this was a genuine relationship with its up and downs and all mental health issues they brought in to it.

I feel sorry for Jeffree. Nate will recover regardless of the end deal business wise (I think he co-owns the Cannabis business) he's stoned all the time in the videos. Jeffree however is on for a rude awakening. I've worked with celebrities for quite some time and once you get famous and very rich, it's very important to them to keep the old relationships close, maybe that's why this separation is friendly.

It's very hard to date and find someone who's honest and really like you for who you are and not the money you have. This is going to be very hard for Star. I wish him luck.

by Anonymousreply 310January 13, 2020 6:05 AM

I don’t think he got to where he is being a naive, sheltered damsel. He plucked off all those enemies to rise up as the undisputed king of YT.

I’m sure they will depart with an airtight confidentially agreement. That’s not to say there won’t be leaks.

He will have the best legal team money can buy going forward, if he doesn’t already. This queen is playing for keeps.

JS is giving the Kardashians a run for their money. I would say he will eventually surpass Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 311January 13, 2020 6:16 AM

R310 I agree with you that Jeffree will have a rough time. He trusts Nate and his family and outside of maybe a few trusted employees and his own family it doesn't seem he has many friends or other people he trusts. Whatever their relationship was or wasn't - Nate and Jeffree both just seemed to fully accept each other and didn't make any effort to change the other. Jeffree was so comfortable and trusting with Nate - especially since Nate didn't like social media or attention or talking about his private life. It will be very hard for Jeffree now. He is famous, he has a lot of controversy in his past, he has gotten into drama and fights with so many people and it seems he doesn't generally get along well with others to start with. Finding someone who isn't into him for clout of money or fame will be so difficult. I think he will work to keep Nate and family in his life in whatever capacity he can for as long as he can because he trusts them. I watched a couple older videos and Nate seemed much happier in those ones than the ones from this year. I am sure he will be fine but hope this change is good for his overall well-being.

by Anonymousreply 312January 13, 2020 6:19 AM

R303 In the video Jeffree did with Shane, he says the video and nude pics were leaked by someone they were corresponding with about a threesome while on an international vacation.

by Anonymousreply 313January 13, 2020 6:22 AM

The Kardashians LOVE to bully Taylor Swift, but when it comes to Jeffree, they are TERRIFIED of him. One false word and he can collapse their brand.

He walks a tight line with them but doesn’t take their shit.

by Anonymousreply 314January 13, 2020 6:25 AM

Did they really not think the pics would be leaked? I mean, hello?

Am I the last person who has never sent a nude pic?

It’s like the Internet came along and everyone just lost their collective mind. They think it’s like Mardi Gras or something.

by Anonymousreply 315January 13, 2020 6:27 AM

[quote] Am I the last person who has never sent a nude pic?

I've sent plenty. The trick is never sending your face with it, so no one will know who you are.

Of course I have no ink on me so that helps.

by Anonymousreply 316January 13, 2020 6:46 AM

[quote] In the video Jeffree did with Shane, he says the video and nude pics were leaked by someone they were corresponding with about a threesome while on an international vacation.

Right. Didn't he say also that they only had threesomes with people abroad and that they were monogamic otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 317January 13, 2020 6:57 AM

Regarding Nathan or anyone for that matter...

Not everyone who is unhappy in a relationship, falls out of love, doesn't like publicity, is quiet, likes being alone,or is occasionally depressed has "mental health issues." All these emotions, feelings and reactions are simply called human nature and having normal human emotions as a normal human being.

by Anonymousreply 318January 13, 2020 7:06 AM

True R318, but Jeffree himself said Nate and his brother are struggling with mental health issues. I was just repeating what he said, and depression IS a mental health issue.

by Anonymousreply 319January 13, 2020 7:12 AM

r314 Thats because they know that Swift has an image to uphold and can't get too dirty but that's not true of jeffree who will go very nasty if he has to and would probably relish trashing the Kardashians for the publicity alone.

by Anonymousreply 320January 13, 2020 7:34 AM

[quote] JS is giving the Kardashians a run for their money. I would say he will eventually surpass Kylie.

What sad times we're living in, huh? Does that vapid, useless Kylie twat even have a personality? I don't think I've ever even seen her speak (not that I've gone out of my way to research that waste of carbon). What's shocking and depressing to me is that she has any 'fans' to begin with. Fans of WHAT!? There doesn't appear to be any there there. WHO WATCHES THESE 'K' PEOPLE!?!?!?! Not a single person I know.

by Anonymousreply 321January 13, 2020 10:20 AM

I don't really know who this person is - can someone explain to me if they are a gay man or a trans woman?

by Anonymousreply 322January 13, 2020 11:35 AM

322 - I think he identifies as non binary not really sure he/they ever said it. physically he is a guy. I don't think he likes labels but after trying to take down James Charles he pulled back from the whole bag a straight dude persona. I get the feeling this is just for the camera. A story for 2020. I am betting they are still together, just that it is an excuse for Nate not to be in every video or at all but explain why he is still around. Then they will announce sometime this year they are back together and more in love than ever.

by Anonymousreply 323January 13, 2020 2:13 PM

[quote] I think he identifies as non binary not really sure he/they ever said it

No he doesn't. He identifies as a gay man. The only time he talks in feminine terms is when he's talking about his love life or making jokes about it. At all the business meetings in the series he refers to himself as a guy, many times in fact he says I'm a guy who goes after and even one time he blatantly says to Shane he's still a guy, so there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 324January 13, 2020 5:38 PM

its all shane's fault....the queen has bad mojo and offered her fat hairy butt to Nathan often....

WAKE UP JEFFFRRREEEE

by Anonymousreply 325January 13, 2020 5:49 PM

R324 It can be confusing because in the videos Jeffree often says conflicting things and he jokes around. It is often hard to know what the truth or reality is given some of what he says is for the camera and his Youtube show. For example when Shane goes to his house in the video where he lives like Jeffree for a day, he asks Jeffree what pronouns to use - he or she and Jeffree says use all of them he doesn't care - he uses them interchangeably. That gives people the impression he is non binary - although I agree with you that he actually identifies as a gay man but rarely uses labels. He also says they have a massive custom built bed to fit the people they bring home but later says he only does threesomes on vacation. He just kind of talks out his ass in a lot of the videos, saying whatever.

by Anonymousreply 326January 13, 2020 6:14 PM

That's true R326. I think his celebrity persona is more feminine and he himself is not that much. You can see this at the business meetings when he's dealing with his employees rather than talking to Shane he changes significantly. I bet he's more like that on his daily routine off camera.

by Anonymousreply 327January 13, 2020 6:19 PM

Regarding his identity, physically he’s still a man and says that he identifies as “Jeffree” and isn’t now into labels. He also says he’s only into “straight” duded and not into gay guys. It’s weird how captivated we all are by his life..it’s definitely impressive that he’s achieved this level of success.

[quote] JS is giving the Kardashians a run for their money. I would say he will eventually surpass Kylie.

He could surpass Kylie as his product is way more superior to hers and he probably hustles harder but the thing about Kylie and all the Kardashians is that they benefit from each other. There’s the Kardashian brand and then all the individual brands mushed into one including Kanye, Kris, and Caitlyn. The only person who’s irrelevant there and not contributing to brand building is Rob.

by Anonymousreply 328January 13, 2020 7:33 PM

[Quote] He also says he’s only into “straight” duded and not into gay guys.

And apparently only wants to date guys who haven't been with any other men except for him?? Sounds like a recipe for disaster relationship-wise.

by Anonymousreply 329January 13, 2020 7:49 PM

Rob got totally scammed by that lady who had his baby. I don’t think she ever even liked him.

by Anonymousreply 330January 13, 2020 8:04 PM

[quote] And apparently only wants to date guys who haven't been with any other men except for him??

Yes I forgot that bit..why do we know so much about this thing’s life???? Haha It’s so absurd lol!!!!

by Anonymousreply 331January 13, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote] I've worked with celebrities for quite some time and once you get famous and very rich,

Spill the celeb tea

by Anonymousreply 332January 13, 2020 8:16 PM

So ugly tho. He looks like a Nazgûl.

by Anonymousreply 333January 13, 2020 8:34 PM

Maybe he just didn’t want to take the name Nathan Star?

by Anonymousreply 334January 13, 2020 8:42 PM

[Quote] Yes I forgot that bit..why do we know so much about this thing’s life???? Haha It’s so absurd lol!!!!

Lol I don't really know that much. I was reading his thread on LSA yesterday and they were talking about his preferences and how he doesn't like gay men because they act like women. Apparently he lies about alot of things, all the time.

by Anonymousreply 335January 14, 2020 12:47 AM

LMAO! I picture Jeffree wandering his huge empty mansion all alone like Cher in her “The Music’s No Good Without You” video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336January 14, 2020 2:14 AM

Nate should be depressed about that horrible tattoo on his chest.

by Anonymousreply 337January 14, 2020 2:28 AM

Guess money doesn't buy happiness! And it doesn't buy Nathan either.

by Anonymousreply 338January 14, 2020 2:29 AM

But Nathan was the bottom right?

by Anonymousreply 339January 14, 2020 3:01 AM

I saw one video where Jeffree was talking about their relationship. He was saying that there are lots of "straight" (he used air quotes) men who have hooked up with him because they are really into the look of a woman. They are attracted to femininity. I am assuming they are gay since they are looking for a feminine man but I guess they still feel they are straight acting because they are attracted to feminine qualities typically seen on a woman. I assume they only want to top and get BJs so they continue this identity as a 'straight' man attracted to the look and feel of a woman. He was saying that Nate had only been with women but that he had been attracted to men who looked like women for awhile which is what led to him reaching out to Jeffree. He was a rural small town kid and there were no feminine men where he lived. Jeffree was saying he himself is attracted to "straight" (he used air quotes again) men who are attracted to men who look like women. It sounds like some weird identity where both pretend they aren't gay men and one pretends he is straight and the other pretends he is a woman. Don't quite get it...even after listening to Jeffree's explanation.

by Anonymousreply 340January 14, 2020 3:13 AM

Who the hell are these people?

And as a designer, I HATE houses like that that have weird space that serves no purpose but to be imposing. Like the foyer with the seating area. Why?

by Anonymousreply 341January 14, 2020 3:45 AM

[quote]Nate should be depressed about that horrible tattoo on his chest.

I’d rather have a tattoo on my chest (which can be covered with a shirt) than to have tattoos all over my arms, hands and the side of my head like Jeffree.

by Anonymousreply 342January 14, 2020 4:26 AM

The thing is JS doesn't look like a woman. There is nothing feminine about him beyond all the make-up he slathers on. He looks like a man dressing up as a woman like Ziggy Stardust. Actually, he looks like an alien.

by Anonymousreply 343January 14, 2020 4:47 AM

R282. The olds think that only TV, movies, music and sports should make someone famous. The world has moved on. Reality stars the Kardahians are now richer than movie stars and Youtubers are also making as much, or more, money than traditional celebs.

by Anonymousreply 344January 14, 2020 5:01 AM

[quote]WHO WATCHES THESE 'K' PEOPLE!?!?!?! Not a single person I know.

R321. That's the thing nowadays. We have segmented ourselves into solos via the Internet. We can pick and choose who and what we consider news. And we can pick the media we want that reinforces our likes and beliefs. There is a whole target market out there that doesn't come close to your and your demographic. You think no one is watching the Kardashians or Jeffree Star; however, millions and millions do. Just as they don't watch what you watch. All this technology has largely isolated us from each other. It doesn't always bring us together and it's not designed to do so.

Just consider Fox news and its fucked up, biased and inflammatory so-called "news." You might ask who watches this crap? I don't. You may not. But millions do--and they watch nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 345January 14, 2020 5:08 AM

God forbid someone be different from you snooty fags - He’s living his best life and laughing all the way to the bank

by Anonymousreply 346January 14, 2020 5:11 AM

But what is there to watch, R345? Those 'K' whores literally don't have personalities. What do they actually DO other than just snap incessant photos of themselves and go under the knife? I truly don't get what's interesting in the least about them. At least Jeffree Star is interesting in a train wreck kinda way so I understand why people would watch him. But those 'K' whores are more boring than watching paint dry. I don't understand why they're constantly being shoved in my face at every turn I take--it's fucking maddening. I wish JS *would* take them down so that they'd go away once and for all! CANCEL THEM!

by Anonymousreply 347January 14, 2020 5:49 AM

Watched a few more videos and a few things just don't add up. The break up video was filmed in the old house. Not sure when they moved (moving video was posted Dec 21st) but that break-up video was filmed a few weeks ago. According to Zillow the house was bought on Dec 5, 2019 and had been sitting empty so the move happened fast.

Also in the moving video he says that he bought this house 4.5 years ago and there are four and a half years of memories in the house. That house is a 4 million dollar house. 4.5 years ago would be mid 2015, shortly after he and Nathan started dating. If he only had $400 to his name or whatever he has said, how did he buy a multi million dollar home a few months later?

by Anonymousreply 348January 14, 2020 5:50 AM

[quote] It sounds like some weird identity where both pretend they aren't gay men and one pretends he is straight and the other pretends he is a woman.

R340, it doesn't sound like that at all.

by Anonymousreply 349January 14, 2020 5:59 AM

R348, not so sure that was his old house.

I’m ashamed I know this but he moved that old bedroom stuff into a room at the new house.

by Anonymousreply 350January 14, 2020 7:43 AM

R350 is correct, the Rococo Barbie bed was brought from the old house.

by Anonymousreply 351January 14, 2020 8:50 AM

im told nate got tired of jeffreee stickin his dick up his hot ass hole. he needed some fresh pussy, Jeffie aint got one.

tho if the price is rite, nate baby will take it up the goose.

by Anonymousreply 352January 14, 2020 8:55 AM

R347. Oh honey, there is a whole huge population out there who love 'em or hate 'em, they are simply mesmerized by the Kardashians. Yes, it's vapid nothingness, but a lot of people like that faux celebrity sort of shit where fat asses sit around and talk about fake problems, Instagram and the new make-up line. They don't care about the news, current events, politics or issues of the day. So they watch shit TV or YouTube videos and that's what they like. It's a sick, vapid, empty world out there. And there's so much of this shit available that it can occupy all your time, and you can block out everything else.

by Anonymousreply 353January 14, 2020 9:24 AM

The more "green" anyone is, the less ecologically sound they are. It's all marketing.

by Anonymousreply 354January 14, 2020 9:55 AM

[quote] Oh honey, there is a whole huge population out there who love 'em or hate 'em, they are simply mesmerized by the Kardashians.

True dat! If you’ve seen Roseanne Barr’s Interview on Rogan she gushed about them and is completely in awe of them and their bodies to the point of wanting to get a fake ass to look like them. This is literally the last person you would expect to hear this from. R348, Jeffee said he had $400 to his name 6 years ago but when he started his makeup business it actually took off really quickly so if you couple that with his YouTube earnings back then, perhaps investments from his business partner (whoever that is), perhaps a mortgage, it’s possible that in 1.5 years he would have the money to buy that $4m home.

by Anonymousreply 355January 14, 2020 12:38 PM

I hope he writes a book and talks in more excessive detail about his finances. This mysterious "business partner" stuff sounds shady. Economically he's a very interesting guy.

by Anonymousreply 356January 14, 2020 12:40 PM

R356 what if it’s Akon?

by Anonymousreply 357January 14, 2020 12:42 PM

R357 Akon isn't smart enough to build a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 358January 14, 2020 12:46 PM

R358 jefree is not a billionaire he’s worth $75m and Akon did sign him to his label when he was doing music which can you imagine a label taking a chance on someone like Jeffree 10 yrs ago? And if people think he’s a weird creature now, you don’t want to see his videos from 10 yrs ago. Let’s not forget that Akon also signed Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 359January 14, 2020 1:04 PM

Nate, let me take u away from all this shit....

by Anonymousreply 360January 14, 2020 1:08 PM

I had only vaguely heard of JS until the break up video but since have watched some videos and am a bit fascinated by the lives these Youtubers live. LA really seems to be a world of its own where reality and normalcy have gotten lost. The people in these videos seem so soulless. It all feels so fake and empty and sad in a way. Yes, they have money but at what cost? They have become caricatures, performers, and a product / brand. Some may be able to turn the cameras off and be a normal human but so many of them seem very caught up and intertwined with their online identities. It is a weird world.

by Anonymousreply 361January 14, 2020 5:12 PM

R355 I think based on another video he actually bought it in fall 2016 - so the 4.5 years he said was just a little exaggerated. In a fall 2016 video he talks about having just bought that house and how it is being renovated and he is excited to move in.

He also talks in one of the videos with Shane about his self hatred and changing his name, face, and body to try and detach from his past and the pain of this past. He has extensive self injuries scars on his arms and legs and says he covered them with tattoos to hide the scars. He just seems like someone who has always struggled emotionally and can't find peace or contentedness.

Also I am not sure if there was more racist stuff than what they showed in the video but there wasn't much there.

by Anonymousreply 362January 14, 2020 6:13 PM

If he makes his money off of YouTube then I’m not going to believe any story of his. Lies! That video is going to pay for lots of tacky shit for his tacky house. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 363January 14, 2020 6:50 PM

He doesn’t make his money off of YouTube, he masks sit off his extremely successful makeup line. The millions from YouTube is play money.

by Anonymousreply 364January 14, 2020 6:58 PM

[Quote] This mysterious "business partner" stuff sounds shady.

Lol not mysterious. His name has been mentioned on LSA and Gurugossiper.

by Anonymousreply 365January 14, 2020 9:37 PM

Well?

by Anonymousreply 366January 14, 2020 9:50 PM

Could someone tell me what that Shane Dawson is famous for? I know he’s a YouTuber but what does he do to get views?

by Anonymousreply 367January 14, 2020 10:31 PM

R367 Shane is one of the original Youtubers from shortly after Youtube started. Pretty much his perseverance has made him famous. For years he did a lot of silly skits, parody videos, trying out life hacks, eating videos type things. He would also collaborate with the other early years Youtubers so they helped each other increase their audience. He dated another Youtuber for years as well. He posted often and made lots of content and slowly built a following. About 4-5 years ago, he was well enough known to be in McDonalds and Taco Bell adds. he would have the occasional video go somewhat viral and slowly reel in more viewers. he also about that time started doing conspiracy videos where he would look into a conspiracy theory and those were really popular. His personality has changed over time - he moved away from shock content and went more to poor me - a lot of stories of my rough life and self hatred videos - laughing at himself, his body, his mental health problems. He did a coming out video about 3 years ago and then started dating a guy. He then moved more to life vlogs - giving his audience a glimpse into his so called life. He downplays his success and makes it seem he is just like everyone else - lots of personal problems etc. in the last couple years he has moved more into doing indepth series or interviews - kind of an evolution of his early conspiracy theory videos. He basically just has an audience built up over time of people who follow his life. He still collaborates with all the big Youtubers. His boyfriend also has a channel with like 5M subscribers. He has just slogged away at this for ten years, figuring out what people want to see over time and giving them that content.

by Anonymousreply 368January 14, 2020 10:55 PM

Shane was a very good impersonator and comic. He began when Youtube was launched and made his fame by creating lots of skits with characters based on friends and family. He's actually a very good impersonator, its a shame he doesn't do them anymore. Google Shannanay or the aunt who can't cry because of all the botox, they're hilarious and shows his talent.

He then moved to lots of stuff, making short films, a TV show that didn't get picked up, then a podcast called Shane and Friends where he interviewed celebrities and then after getting representation at Gersh then UTA two major Hollywood agencies, he began shooting half hour videos with his friends, sort of like a reality show where he'd hang out with them, who since had gone to be famous Youtubers like his boyfriend Ryland and his friend Garret. They'd go to haunted hotels, travel first class on exclusive airlines, etc.

Then on a genius move, he began a series on Conspiracy theories. It was basically 1 hour videos of him talking about all sorts of conspiracy stuff, from flat earth to aliens and a silly one that got him a lot of publicity, some Internet conspiracy that Chuck E. Cheese would recycle slices of pizzas to make new ones for costumers. He'd always go follow the allegations by going to the place and buying the pizzas and "proving" or disproving a claim. It was immensely popular and it have a Netflix vibe to them, very professional.

Finally he began a series interviewing Youtubers who got canceled out of controversies, like Logan Paul (the dude who went to the suicide forest in Japan and broadcasted their finding of a man who had just hanged himself), or Tana Mongeau and her Tanacon fiasco, a sort of Fire Island situation only for Youtubers and then of course, the now famous series on Jeffree Star which got him closer to the make up artist.

That's pretty much a summary of what he's done.

As for Jeffree's fortune, once again the old farts here lack the historical context of the Internet. Star was the most popular user on Myspace when it was popular, by way of comparison this was during the same time Taylor Swift was also there and practically unknown (also the same time DL's favorite Tom Hardy had his openly gay profile there whose screenshot can be found everywhere today) that's why he got a very $$$ deal with Akon who then considered him to be the new Lady Gaga or something.

It's very possible he got someone to finance his make up line out of his popularity, even after his music career didn't take off he still had massive followers online or maybe he got a sugar daddy I don't know, but it isn't far fetched that someone would invest in him based on his popularity online. There's nothing shady about someone putting money on a popular Internet celebrity, you know someone who isn't old and lacking the understanding of how an online brand works. Clearly the investor was right as we can see today.

by Anonymousreply 369January 14, 2020 10:58 PM

This is the first video I've ever watched of Shane back when he was starting. I still laugh every time I watch it. He shows lots of comedic timing and talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 14, 2020 11:01 PM

To add to the above posters, Shane really is talented comedically in that he has the ability to be self deprecating and constantly poke fun at himself while simultaneously getting you to feel sympathetic towards him. He displays a lot of openness and vulnerability which are important traits for YouTubers since they’re essentially sharing their lives and he’s a sharp contrast to other successful YouTubers whose channels didn’t stand the test of time because they didn’t evolve their content or displayed a limited persona. Additionally, he’s probably one of the best editors on YouTube. Shane is dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 371January 14, 2020 11:13 PM

I miss when Shane did skits, he had originality. The humor was juvenile, but he and his channel both had heart. It felt like a real guy making real videos that he was proud of. Then he started making the food videos and the conspiracy videos. That was around the time he started feeling more plastic, less real. It felt less like a guy making videos to make people laugh and more like a factory product designed to make money. He's become completely soulless since starting the documentary series', the videos are empty and other youtubers are paying him to collab and do series' on them, like the Paul brothers. He's a cautionary tale. A symbol of what Youtube used to be and of what its become. It's the story of The Lorax and Shane is the Onceler: a man who started out with a dream, who put actual heart into work that he cared about that slowly became a soulless corporate product as he got more successful over time.

by Anonymousreply 372January 14, 2020 11:14 PM

Both Shane and Jeffree have been at this a long time. They also make a lot of money from merch and products and sponsorships. Their channels become advertising for their products. Shane now plays a demure, shy, anxious type funny guy most of the time - it is funny to remember his earlier content and his more outgoing and energetic style. These guys have worked hard for close to 15 years - they started doing this in their teens and are now in their thirties. Both have evolved a lot in the content they produce.

Shane has also had a life long weight problem that he has been pretty open about - some lots of people relate to him about weight, eating disorders, body image issues, etc.

by Anonymousreply 373January 14, 2020 11:14 PM

JS is great on camera. I give him that

by Anonymousreply 374January 14, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote] His personality has changed over time - he moved away from shock content and went more to poor me - a lot of stories of my rough life

Not true at all. I've followed Shane from the beginning and he always made videos about his anxiety, his struggles as poor growing up in Long Beach and his past as a morbidly obese guy with dysphoria. He's now a little heavy than before, but for about 10 years he was very skinny and most of his comedy at some point addressed his problems of acceptance and struggles with weight.

The very first Shannanay video was of her making fun of a fat Shane followed by him telling the story on how he began making videos on Youtube during his time as a salesman for Jenny Craig which got him and his mother fired from their job after the video went viral (as viral as it would go back in 2008-2009).

by Anonymousreply 375January 14, 2020 11:17 PM

Even Shane's comedy has grown stale and plastic over time. It's no longer personal, it's all "LOL look at how disgusting I am, I don't clean my room, aren't I relatable and hip?". It depresses the fuck out of me. He used to be original.

by Anonymousreply 376January 14, 2020 11:19 PM

R372 I think he said in an interview that’s he lost inspiration for those kind of skit videos. Frankly, I think it’s smart that he’s evolved and that he’s open to different opportunities like getting into makeup. That’s the way to survive in the entertainment industry nowadays. He also seems to have a talent for interviewing and being an insightful lens into the life of his subjects. The series with Jeffree was awesome and allowed us to get a really interesting glimpse into his life. He comes across as very unassuming and non-threatening which puts those around him at ease. That’s really his superpower because he can just get other people to come off as stars and shine. He has a video where he surprised his mother with a visit to Kathy Griffin’s house which was quite entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 377January 14, 2020 11:25 PM

R375 you are probably right. I have only seen a smattering of his videos. I guess it seems it used to be done more comedically and now it is more just more my crappy life type vibe. Your point about what constitutes viral is also interesting. There are so many more people watching Youtube now. If you look at some of the young Youtubers who have been successful their climbs have been meteoric compared to the JS's and SDs. Look at Jimmy Donaldson (Mr Beast) who gained 15 million subscribers in a year or David Dobrik or Liza Koshy - all three are early twenties but have skyrocketed in a short amount of time because now when something trends or goes viral it gets 20 million plus views. Back even 5 years ago, if a viral video got a million views, that was a lot.

by Anonymousreply 378January 14, 2020 11:26 PM

Jeffree and Shane make a good team and pretty entertaining to watch, it actually make me like JS. The Kylie Skin review was funny. At least Jeffree tells the truth-- Kylie's brand is way-overpriced cheap crap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379January 15, 2020 1:52 AM

This skit from 9 years ago, shows Shane at his prime. This skit features most of his most famous characters, including the aunt that can't cry because of the botox, Shannanay , Shane's "mother" and Shane's "gay emo brother". He plays also a fictional version of himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380January 15, 2020 3:20 AM

Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 381January 15, 2020 8:16 AM

R380, Wow he could be like the white Tyler Perry.

by Anonymousreply 382January 15, 2020 8:23 AM

Every photo I see of Jeffree Star he has his mouth open, is he not physically able to close it?

by Anonymousreply 383January 15, 2020 10:19 AM

Those videos are pretty funny. Has he gotten rich doing them? I saw he lives in an okay house and drives a G-Wagon.

by Anonymousreply 384January 15, 2020 10:35 AM

Shane Dawson probably made over $10M alone from his recently launched makeup palette collaboration with Jeffree.

by Anonymousreply 385January 15, 2020 10:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 15, 2020 10:44 AM

R386, quick googling tells that Jeffree Star Cosmetic LLC that's listed in your pic has not been active for years. Jeffree Star Cosmetics Inc is and is owned by Jeffree Star. Cohen was apparently a lawyer for the LLC at some point, which is possibly why he's listed as the owner.

It took me two minutes to find the info and I didn't look that deep into it, so I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 387January 15, 2020 10:55 AM

pudgy fug shane seemed like an odd fit for suave smooth articulate jeffree.

something odd there, I don't think shane aided the jeff/nate relationship at all.....

by Anonymousreply 388January 15, 2020 2:49 PM

lest we forget, jeffree backed shanes makeup stuff and was a major profit er from it, not shane….

by Anonymousreply 389January 15, 2020 2:50 PM

R384 With all that silicone in his lips?

Shane is a sellout with bad hygiene issues. A fat slob all of a sudden has a sudden genuine interest in makeup? Yeah right. He just did it because he saw the financial returns Jeffree got from his makeup releases. Of course there will be a follow up to Conspiracy within the year. There's no way they'd make so much money on the first launch and not do another one. Further proof he did it for the money was his dreadful attempts at applying makeup which he posted online.

I did manage to buy one of those pink dead pig (cartoon pig face with X's for eyes, not an actual dead pig) backpacks that were released as part of the line but were sold out from the official site brand new on eBay and I must say, it's pretty amazing quality.

by Anonymousreply 390January 15, 2020 4:39 PM

[quote}I did manage to buy one of those pink dead pig (cartoon pig face with X's for eyes, not an actual dead pig) backpacks that were released as part of the line

WHY???

by Anonymousreply 391January 15, 2020 4:57 PM

The docu-series was like advertising for the makeup palette. They broke the internet when they released it.

by Anonymousreply 392January 15, 2020 7:42 PM

R390 why are you hating???????? People can get into whatever business they want and indeed good financial returns are a good reason to get into a business not just interest or passion. Your comment is really strange..besides hating and calling him a sellout, you then went out and bought his product - the pig backpack and think the quality is pretty amazing - so what exactly is your problem????

by Anonymousreply 393January 15, 2020 8:24 PM

I do think he is a sell out, but I really liked the backpack. That's the only thing he released that I liked. Like the product, hate the seller.

by Anonymousreply 394January 15, 2020 8:44 PM

Is this the backpack?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395January 15, 2020 8:54 PM

Shane was pretty open about going into make-up to learn more about the business side of things and to make money. He talked about how he hadn't really ever taken the business / finance side of what he does all that seriously and realizes that he could have made a lot more money than he has if he had been more business savvy. I don't think he cares about make-up at all but he learned that he can better capitalize on his brand and make a lot more money than he has been by putting more focus on the business side of things.

by Anonymousreply 396January 15, 2020 9:10 PM

R396 yeah and from the series it’s evident that he did in fact develop a liking and appreciation for makeup..maybe not at the level of Jeffree or James Charles, but a sufficient interest and it’s not like he produced a low quality product. People can get into whatever business they want it’s absurd to call someone a sellout for doing that!

by Anonymousreply 397January 15, 2020 9:32 PM

R395 Yes. It also came in black.

by Anonymousreply 398January 15, 2020 9:49 PM

I bet those pallets look like shit after about a week when all the colors are mixed up and it it gets all gunky.

by Anonymousreply 399January 16, 2020 12:00 AM

I think the "he realized he's never taken the business side of what he does seriously" thing is bullshit. Shane alters the type of content he makes according to youtube trends, if he never payed attention to the business side behind being a professional youtuber he wouldn't have lasted over a decade on the platform and still had spending money leftover at the end of it all. That, just like most parts of himself now, is just to add the to "i'm so relatable guys i'm just like you" image that keeps him rolling in cash.

by Anonymousreply 400January 16, 2020 12:41 AM

People are so gullible anymore. What ever happened to being ‘street savvy’?

by Anonymousreply 401January 16, 2020 12:50 AM

R400 I agree with you to some extent. He obviously has looked at it as a business but he really hasn't capitalized that much on his success. I don't think that is all that uncommon - his focus has been on content and on creating / editing videos versus finding ways to maximize profits and to really capitalize financially on his success. Compared to JS who has very much focused on the business side, SD has done very little. David Dobrik is another one that really looks at it as a business and despite being only early twenties has made far more money from his much shorter Youtube career than SD has. I heard Jimmy Donaldson (Mr Beast) in an interview and he, similar to SD, talked about not being business savvy. he has accountants and lawyers but has focused on content rather than on the business side. All of them are rich but the degrees of wealth and sustainability of that wealth is going to skew towards those who have been more business minded in their approach.

by Anonymousreply 402January 16, 2020 12:52 AM

R402 I agree with you. Yes he was savvy in his content creation and video editing but he hadn’t tapped into all the things he could do beyond that as a brand now that his channel had grown in views and subscriptions and he had the attention of a lot of people. A good comparison is the Kardashians - they evolved their storylines as the show progressed but they also ventured into numerous businesses from their clothes stores (Dash) in the early days to endorsing products and brands to then creating their own products and brands. They were savvy enough to realize that they could influence people’s purchasing and could use the show and their lifestyles to promote their own creations. I think it only makes sense for a successful YouTuber to evolve from being just a content creator to a product creator...why not, actors and musicians are doing it and have done it for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 403January 16, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote] Shane is a sellout with bad hygiene issues. A fat slob all of a sudden has a sudden genuine interest in makeup? Yeah right. He just did it because he saw the financial returns Jeffree got from his makeup releases

Of course he did, did you even watch the series? When Shane did his series on Jeffree they weren't friends and he was genuinely curious about how he made so much money. He told everyone he was doing ok and bought a 300k house but he was in awe the day he went to Jeffree's home and realized he lived in a mansion.

When Jeffree told him about his business and showed the huge storage facilites and stuff Shane asked him about make up and how long would it take to make one and how much would it make. It was then they realized they could sell a make up using Shane's brand.

At the series where they get into the business aspect of the make up world Shane tells Jeffree he was swindled on his merch store, getting like 5% off his t-shirts when Jeffree said he should've been getting 70% and the merch company 30%. He seems genuinely surprised when Jeffree offers him most of the profit of the merch store which we saw made half a million dollars in 30 minutes and sold out.

The marketing dude also makes a quick math during a meeting when they're developing the Conspiracy palete and says Shane would easily make 5 million if they sold the entire planned goods which they did, also in 2 hours.

So if you actually watched the series it was clear from the start Shane did the palete and the merch store to make money and finally get what he thought was his due, he never claimed otherwise. I also find very genuine when he cried seeing his store sold out in 30 minutes, he clearly didn't believe people would buy his stuff as they haven't done it in the past like they did now.

I loved this series it was a genius marketing campaign and at times very moving. Need to be studied by people who want to build online brands and for those interested in learning how Youtubers can make shitloads of money.

by Anonymousreply 404January 16, 2020 3:29 AM

What a bunch of jealous bullshit R400. He was very upfront about getting some money, enough to buy a house but not being savvy to capitalize on other things, he even talks about his failure to sell glasses and t shirts with his name. Stop hating on people out of jealousy it's not cute.

by Anonymousreply 405January 16, 2020 3:33 AM

R405 If Shane is really a down-to-earth guy who doesn't make much money from Youtube then why would I be jealous of him? I mean, if the bullshit marketing gimmick you're buying into is true, then he's just like everybody else. So what would I have to be jealous of?

by Anonymousreply 406January 16, 2020 3:54 AM

R404 Shane's house cost 3 million, not 300K. Shane is doing fine money wise but had left a lot of money on the table. Shane and Jeffree did videos together back in 2017 so while I have no idea of the state of their friendship, they've known each other for awhile. Part of Shane's online persona is this doe-eyed, innocent, naive, aw shucks, barely keeping it together, downplay success, just like one of us personality. He plays that up a lot in videos - it gets him views. I agree he hasn't been business savvy but a lot of what you see from both Shane and Jeffree in that series are their online personalities. it is part of what makes them successful is that they have created online personalities (that overplay aspects of their actual personalities) that get people watching and coming back for more.

by Anonymousreply 407January 16, 2020 4:09 AM

These posts are extremely detailed and long-winded with it all.

Learn how to bullet.

by Anonymousreply 408January 16, 2020 6:49 AM

If you can't read, get yourself an audiobook and fuck off R408, no one is forcing you to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 409January 16, 2020 6:58 AM

Well at least that was brief.

by Anonymousreply 410January 16, 2020 7:03 AM

You can hear Jeffree's normal voice and no make up look in this video he posted after a medical procedure. I think I have it linked to start at the right spot, but if not, go to 18 minutes. He is just coming out of anesthesia so is groggy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411January 16, 2020 7:28 AM

No thank you. That is really unnecessary. Extra, even.

by Anonymousreply 412January 16, 2020 7:35 AM

There’s always that one person that has to push it over the line.

by Anonymousreply 413January 16, 2020 7:36 AM

I don't think Jeffree changes his voice, just his affectation and demeanor. When he talks to his crew during the series and specially when he's frustrated with the problems they had during the launch you can see he's just a regular guy, though slightly effeminate but the affectation is gone.

by Anonymousreply 414January 16, 2020 7:43 AM

R413 Sorry, didn't mean to push anything over a line. Have just been watching his videos out of curiosity and came across that one. He is still pretty witty when groggy. Didn't realize the thumbnail was his face during surgery - the part I linked to skips past all that and it is just him lying in bed talking to his assistant. It was just interesting to see him when not performing for the camera. Anyways apologies if it bothered anyone, the Canadian in me doesn't like to offend!

by Anonymousreply 415January 16, 2020 7:57 AM

These Youtube influencers will take a shit on camera for views.

by Anonymousreply 416January 16, 2020 9:03 AM

jeffiie owns most of shanes makeup biz....shane a front due to his # of u tubers....jeff is the brains and the $$$

by Anonymousreply 417January 16, 2020 9:56 AM

Enjoy all that hot beach pussy ur getting nate.

and the $$$ from gay fer pay. make the big bux bb....shhhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 418January 16, 2020 9:57 AM

R406 you’re jealous of him because he has been a naive guy who’s been swindled a number of times and found a guy, Jeffree, who was willing to show him the way and open his eyes which resulted in him making a shitload of money in a very short time. You seem to think that he should have remained naive, continuing to be conned by business people that he trusted because it appears to be a part of his online persona and the narrative of his channel. Well, he’s evolving and realizing that he can get more and is worth more. There’s nothing wrong with him making money and still being down to earth..the 2 are not mutually exclusive. One does not have to be naive to be down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 419January 16, 2020 1:54 PM

R406 you are jealous that Shane dared to imagine that he, through his popularity and brand equity as a YouTuber, could create a makeup palette that people could buy. And, that he then went ahead and created the damn thing and made a killing!! Stop hatin!

by Anonymousreply 420January 16, 2020 2:01 PM

R149 That implies that I think Shane is both naive and down to earth, which is incorrect. I think it's an act he uses to appear relatable, because being relatable is his gimmick. I don't think that he was ever naive because I was a fan of his right up until he started making the documentary videos. He's always done merchandising. Always. Even in the beginning. And he's made a pretty penny from it to. Don't be duped so easily.

by Anonymousreply 421January 16, 2020 2:02 PM

R420 I don't give a shit that he made a palette, I give a shit that he's lying about never having made any real money from Youtube and from merchandising. It's not true, you can literally look this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 422January 16, 2020 2:04 PM

Racist tranny cunt. I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 423January 16, 2020 2:30 PM

R422 He doesn’t lie about having not made any real money from YouTube, it’s obvious to everybody that he has he’s in the top 20 of YouTuber earners. What he says is that he should have made a lot more and doesn’t understand why he hasn't made as much as other YouTubers especially since he’s been doing it longer than most of them. And he’s right in saying that, it’s literally evident in his interaction with Jefffee and the result of them working together. They discuss the amount of money he should have been making from his merchandising and he clearly makes a killing from his palette so it’s evident that he earned way more from being exposed to Jeffree. So he made the assessment that he should have been making more and ended up making more by being more savvy and less naive.

by Anonymousreply 424January 16, 2020 4:03 PM

R421 it’s very possible for someone’s to not be naive and still not be business savvy or not be as savvy as others. That’s business and you can grow and learn more and some people are perhaps more willing to try and take on risks. It’s possible that Shane was stuck in his comfort zone and only doing what felt familiar and it’s clear that his interaction/experience with Jeffree put him into a place where he was able to assess his business dealings and his capabilities and ask questions about what his been doing. He was plagued with so much doubt about whether the palette would even sell which shows he really put himself out there. He’s doubts and struggles are what make him relatable and one of his struggles is his weight..do you think his weight is an act?? Like he’s wearing a fat suit? Do you think in the documentary when Jeffree’s team says that they’ll split the profit 70/30 and he asks if Jefree will make 70% and him 30% and Jeffree’s team says to him, no it’s the other way around and he’s shocked and cries, that it was an act?

by Anonymousreply 425January 16, 2020 4:16 PM

hush up shane, go bak to jakin off.

Jeffie was the brains/$$ behind shanes makeup thang. and major profiteer

shane cums across and disingenous

by Anonymousreply 426January 16, 2020 4:18 PM

Jeffree seems like a practical, reasonable person. Shane comes across as a flustered, humorous sycophant. And they have been grandly remunerated by the Universe for some reason that I don't fully understand and wish someone would explain.

by Anonymousreply 427January 17, 2020 12:33 AM

They are the Laverne and Shirley of Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 428January 17, 2020 12:43 AM

R427. They have been compensated for being entertainers just like a musician or an actor. Their craft is Youtube rather than music or theater. Just like in acting and music, a few rise to the top and make it big - in small part due to their own efforts / talent and in large part due to luck, connections, and events that catapult them over their competitors to fame and fortune. There is a lot of money in social media and Youtube and just like every other venue, a few will be able to capitalize on it and make it big. Jeffree and Shane have approached their Youtube careers in very different ways but both have been very successful. They can pull in 20+ million viewers to a single video and do it over and over again. they have massive audiences and have become brands / businesses and entrepreneurs in addition to content creators.

by Anonymousreply 429January 17, 2020 1:25 AM

Please don't ever compare what Shane and Jeffree do to theatre. What they do is not a craft, unless you meant to spell it with a k.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 17, 2020 1:41 AM

SD seems conniving but not very good at it. Like he’s used to putting very little effort into even that.

by Anonymousreply 431January 17, 2020 1:43 AM

You and I might not appreciate Jeffree or Shane's craft but content creation and editing in a way that gets and keeps an audience is a skill. There are millions who watch the art they create, who enjoy their performances - the act they put on. There is also some really bad theatre, art, and music out there but if it has an audience that makes it famous then bad or not, it is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 432January 17, 2020 1:53 AM

What exactly was the draw to a Shane Dawson-created makeup collection? JS does makeup for a living as does that other twink, Charles so it makes sense. But Shane, from what I've seen (I don't watch any of them) is naturally slovenly and poorly put together. Did it sell out because it was a small production run?

by Anonymousreply 433January 17, 2020 2:21 AM

R433 No it sold out because the Shane / Jeffree series hyped the product. Shane and Jeffree fans bought it because it was affiliated with someone they watch. It was a bit production run. They sold over a million units within the first couple days. They also sold a ton of related merch (backpacks, mirrors, bags, sweatshirts). Shane's logo is a pig - his slovenly image is all part of his brand. He used to shower and dress normally until a year or so ago when this walk around in a robe and old t shirt with disheveled hair thing became his new thing. It is like a depressed-chic look - the new emo or punk!

by Anonymousreply 434January 17, 2020 3:21 AM

JFC, I miss the days when Youtube wasn't all about money and peddling shit. You know--the days before Google bought it and ran it into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 435January 17, 2020 11:15 AM

jeffree wanted the big u tube audience shane has, he is the $ behind shanes makeup shit

ive no clue why so many watch shane, he a boring sow

by Anonymousreply 436January 17, 2020 11:54 AM

Like, shave your face and take a bath. It might help with the “depression.”

by Anonymousreply 437January 17, 2020 1:13 PM

Was watching some show (maybe Wendy) and she asked an audience member what she did for a living and she told her she was a "Youtube Influencer" and the audience groaned. It was actually funny.

by Anonymousreply 438January 17, 2020 1:38 PM

Nate got tired of having to take jeffree's cock up his ass.....that's all.

by Anonymousreply 439January 17, 2020 1:47 PM

Do you think his dick is tattooed too, and if so what’s on it?

by Anonymousreply 440January 17, 2020 1:52 PM

[quote] Please don't ever compare what Shane and Jeffree do to theatre

Why not? Shane was acting as hundreds of characters on his channel for many years producing skits before he decided to diversify his content. He literally did what actors do and he was very talented doing it.

by Anonymousreply 441January 17, 2020 3:20 PM

Shane's channel is like a reality show where you follow him and his friends around. Why do people watch them? Same reason they watch reality shows. It's not rocket science.

His series on canceled Youtubers and his conspiracy series were his biggest hits to date and it's clear it had the hands of UTA, a major management agency all over it. That's what a good manager does, they get what you're passioned about, which he was very into conspiracy theory, and turn into a product that sells. People sometimes take for granted what a good manager can do.

I bet the idea to colab with a make up line came from the manager too. Let's not forget they get 10% off it too.

by Anonymousreply 442January 17, 2020 3:27 PM

R442 Shane has been with UTA since 2013. Shane also published two books (I Hate Myselfie and It Gets Worse) that were both NYT best sellers and did really well in sales a couple years ago. That was obviously another heavy handed management move.

With regards to Youtube - What role does the manager play in the creative aspect? I thought they handled most of the logistics side and finding collabs / deals - would they also give input into the direction or creative content of the series?

by Anonymousreply 443January 17, 2020 4:05 PM

This post is a sign that I have wasted far too much time watching SD and JS videos - didn't even really know anything about them until the break up video! I just watched the last video in the series by Shane and you really see these are two young boys desperate for validation / approval that neither got from their parents. For SD, this seems like his first really big moment and for JS it is like his first really big all positive moment - where everyone just loves them and their products sell out, they break records, they have a massive cheering adoring crowd. There is no drama or controversies - and it goes beyond getting attention to getting adoration and validation. You can almost see some of their insecurities melt away and some kind of self worth take its place. On a side note I also was impressed by how much JS took the backseat and kept calling it Shane's pallet and telling Shane to go first and putting Shane in the spotlight (or at least it was edited to give that impression).

by Anonymousreply 444January 17, 2020 5:01 PM

[quote] What exactly was the draw to a Shane Dawson-created makeup collection? JS does makeup for a living as does that other twink, Charles so it makes sense.

What’s the draw of a Madonna, Kim k or Rihanna makeup collection? It’s their celebrity and desire for people to emulate them that draws people in. Also, Shane’s palette is a collaboration with Jeffree and it’s Jeffree’s formula. Shane picked the colors, names, designs, etc but it’s still Jeffree’s formula,

by Anonymousreply 445January 17, 2020 8:16 PM

R440 A swastika and the phrase "White Power" along with the faces of Hitler and Paula Deen.

by Anonymousreply 446January 17, 2020 9:57 PM

r433, I have some friends who are minor influencers (hey have about 1.5 mil followers on YT)- I know that YT told them to write a book about relationships (I have no idea if it did well), and since one of them is crazy about Harry Potter, YT heavily influenced her to move to London for 6 months and do all and HP related things to do, places to visit.

I've noticed that a lot of YT/IG influencers go through a bad depression about 3-6 years in- the pressure to create new content often, to some extent fame, and the fact that their life isn't really as fabulous as portrayed does a number on ones' psyche.

by Anonymousreply 447January 18, 2020 2:54 AM

Oh, boo-fucking-hoo, making money hand-over-fist off of uploading videos to the internet must be so taxing on the soul. If being a Youtuber is so emotionally devastating and such a harm to their mental health, tell these influencers to put down their fucking phones and go get a day job like the rest of us. Don't ride the gravy train of one of the easiest professions out there and then complain about it. Nobody's forcing you to be a Youtuber or Instagrammer, you're more than welcome to work for a living like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 448January 18, 2020 3:07 AM

It’s the screens and digital compression that causes depression and “disassociation”.

by Anonymousreply 449January 18, 2020 3:19 AM

I think a lot of these big influencers had mental health problems before Youtube - then add to it the isolating factor - they work alone at a computer, are scared to go out due to security risks etc and their world gets really small and their life gets more and more depressing and makes their pre-existing issues worse. these weren't the popular high achievers in school. Most didn't go to college either - they went into MySpace or Vine or Youtube so they have very little life experience outside of what they do now.

by Anonymousreply 450January 18, 2020 3:28 AM

The fact that Youtubers complain about being Youtubers proves that they're the spoiled brats people think they are.

by Anonymousreply 451January 18, 2020 3:41 AM

Anyone who refers to him or herself as an "influencer" should get a swift bullet to the brain.

by Anonymousreply 452January 18, 2020 3:59 PM

R453. The reality is that they do influence in a significant way and that goes to their heads as they realize the power they have. There are masses of people - and not all young - who like and dislike, who worship or shun, who buy or don't buy, based on the world of these talking heads. They do have incredible influence and have made millions from that influence.

by Anonymousreply 453January 18, 2020 5:47 PM

R453 I'm surprised one hasn't tried to start their own cult.

by Anonymousreply 454January 19, 2020 12:50 AM

R454 The Youtube Beauty Community is almost a cult. It was crazy last spring when Jeffree Star and Tati Westbrook - both in their thirties, viciously attacked and bullied 19 year old James Charles calling him a predator and accusing him of sexual harassment / assault in an effort to destroy him publicly and try and run him out of the Beauty Community. They would have been successful too - he lost 4 million subscribers in the immediate aftermath and was attacked by millions of their fans on social media - except he decided to release all the text messages that disproved many of the lies they told. Maybe more of a turf war than a cult but it was crazy how influential and powerful they were. They could definitely run a cult - millions of people followed them and did their biding with no facts, no evidence, nothing but an online call to destroy someone.

by Anonymousreply 455January 19, 2020 1:07 AM

R455 they both sound like assholes. Sounds like they don't have a problem with bullying.

by Anonymousreply 456January 19, 2020 2:10 AM

R456 There is a lot of money in the beauty world and when the 'we worked so hard for years for our success' duo saw this annoying teenager taking away their cold hard cash and cutting himself a decent size chunk of 'their' playing field, they decided to try to take him down. Jeffree Star says he was bullied relentlessly in his younger days but has no problem bullying others for this own gain.

by Anonymousreply 457January 19, 2020 2:15 AM

r454 - both Starr and Westbrook really should have thought about that move. James may be the youngest one in that equation but he is a deft social media person and has so much shit on both of them he came out of that take down smelling like a rose. He made Westbrook look like the ultimate mean girl because in the end it was all over him giving a shout out to a competing vitamin product at Cochella. Star? Well..his list of skeletons is loooong, going back to myspace clips of him using the N word, his thousands of thirst tweets about raping straight men - it was kind of Charles thing on camera to hit on straight guys who were clout chasing for views. The guy Westbrook accused Charles of harassing even posted a video that he thought it was fine, said he was bi and went to Charles hotel room to make out afterwards - proving Westbrooks accounts as at best inaccurate and at worst a down right lie.

by Anonymousreply 458January 19, 2020 2:59 AM

[Quote] his thousands of thirst tweets about raping straight men

😦😦😦

by Anonymousreply 459January 19, 2020 3:23 AM

They lyrics to Jeffree Star's aptly named song: Straight Boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460January 19, 2020 3:39 AM

[quote]The reality is that they do influence in a significant way and that goes to their heads as they realize the power they have. There are masses of people - and not all young - who like and dislike, who worship or shun, who buy or don't buy, based on the world of these talking heads. They do have incredible influence and have made millions from that influence.

Interesting. The only thing any of these Youtube "influencers" have ever influenced me to do is roll my eyes. I haven't bought a motherfucking thing they're selling. I have my own brain and can make my own decisions about things. I guess I should remind myself that I'm surrounded by a sea of idiots (50% of Americans voted for Trump, remember). I guess I just falsely assume everyone is like me and not some dumb aimless sheep waiting to be herded.

by Anonymousreply 461January 19, 2020 4:26 AM

One amendment! A few Instagram "influencers" (massive violent eye roll) have in fact influenced me to jerk off.

by Anonymousreply 462January 19, 2020 4:28 AM

R461 You are not their target audience Boomer.

by Anonymousreply 463January 19, 2020 4:43 AM

R461 For a segment of the younger generation, these social media influencers are their rock stars. They cry and fan girl over them, spend thousands at conventions and meet and greets to get a selfie, buy everything they sell. They are sheeple just like every generation of teens has been over some celeb group. What is odd is how many older fans they also have...can't explain that one! Similar to you, I have never been influenced but look even at all the Made for TV ads and shopping channels. There are a lot of people who are very easily convinced to buy stuff - even without it not being attached to someone 'famous'. Remember 50% of the population has an average / below average IQ - there are a lot of non critical thinkers who are easily swayed.

by Anonymousreply 464January 19, 2020 4:59 AM

I'm guessing the one jerkoff that keeps trying to convince us influencers are on par with artists and what they do is a "craft" and that they're all genuine and good people is either an influencer themselves or a twelve year old girl who wants to bang Shane Dawson. No sane person who isn't either doing this for a living or above the age of tweenhood would be so fervently defending the profession of Youtubers.

by Anonymousreply 465January 19, 2020 5:15 AM

R465 I think you might be talking about me however I am neither an influencer, nor a 12 year old girl, nor interested in any part of Shane Dawson. I also haven't said I think they are good or genuine people. Just that the profession of being a Youtuber is happening, People are making a living from it (and getting rich from it) because there is an audience that likes the content they create. They are creators, their artistry is digital / online content creation and they are here to stay. Shane Dawson's Youtube videos have had 5.5 billion views, yes billion - so while you may not have any appreciation for what they do, there is a generation and an audience out there that does.

by Anonymousreply 466January 19, 2020 5:31 AM

[quote]You are not their target audience Boomer.

What are you doing on a boomer site?? You do realize DL is known for its eIdergay population, no? I'm pretty sure you just gave yourself away as being one of the brainless sheep. Now run along! The more time you waste here on DL the less time you're watching Kylie hauls and letting others decide what you max out your credit cards on. I hear Kylie's new face scrub ($22 for $1 worth of packaging and materials) is so FIRE it has people highkey OBSESSED to the point of being DECEASED!

by Anonymousreply 467January 19, 2020 9:11 AM

wanna see vids of jeffreee fukin his str8 boys up the fukhole..'

HHE FILMS EV THING

by Anonymousreply 468January 19, 2020 9:18 AM

[quote]shane dawson sold us this lie that he was "into makeup now" and "a beauty guru" to get his palette to sell, but i dont think i have seen a SINGLE makeup look from him since his palette sold out just sayin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469January 19, 2020 6:15 PM

Good Lord, that thing at r469 is deranged.

by Anonymousreply 470January 19, 2020 6:25 PM

R469 I always love seeing these trans FTM's wearing makeup. It seems to defeat the purpose.

by Anonymousreply 471January 19, 2020 6:28 PM

R469 Is that a trans FTM being obsessed with makeup? Wow, they really are nothing more than teenage girls with pixie cuts who don't like dresses. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 472January 19, 2020 6:29 PM

R469 Is that a trans FTM being obsessed with makeup? Wow, they really are nothing more than teenage girls with pixie cuts who don't like dresses. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 473January 19, 2020 6:29 PM

They’re femme gurlinas playing with makeup. That’s why makeup sells so well today, a much larger demographic is being targeted successfully. There’s big money to be made by the mentally ill trannies.

by Anonymousreply 474January 19, 2020 6:34 PM

shanes makeup is all jeffree's idea and he profits from it greatly, not shaen, the front..

by Anonymousreply 475January 19, 2020 6:58 PM

R475 I agree. It was clear from the start that Jeffree Star saw this as a business proposal to benefit primarily himself. He saw how successful the first series he did with Shane was and saw an opportunity to make a lot more money and further build his brand. Shane has never cared about make-up. I think Shane was interested in how Jeffree does business and makes a lot of money and so since Jeffree's product is primarily make-up, it made sense to follow him through the make-up process. Jeffree knows that co-branding the new product with Shane will get a lot of traction with Shane's 23 million viewers and so he makes sure to continually push Shane to the forefront in the series, knowing that he will benefit from this. Shane goes along, learns about product creation, and makes some extra cash in the end, and Jeffree makes a lot more cash and interest from Shane's viewers and builds his brand. It benefited both of them but I have no idea why people expect Shane to now be into make-up. He did the vlog version of a self made docuseries - he isn't a make-up or beauty guru.

by Anonymousreply 476January 19, 2020 7:06 PM

You should at least have knowledge about makeup and know how to apply it before you decide to release a makeup line. Shane had neither. It was clearly done for the money.

by Anonymousreply 477January 20, 2020 3:05 AM

Why are you conjecturing? I think this I think that. The series literally shows Shane was interested in making money with merch and Jeffree was interested in using his name, it shows like in the very first episode. One says, how much would a palette with my name make? The other answers and shows the facility. Then the other says, let's shoot a series on that and we can show the whole process behind the scenes, full disclosure, something no one in the beauty community has ever shown. the end. Everything was spelled out from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 478January 20, 2020 4:22 AM

get it huntry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479January 20, 2020 4:23 AM

That was very tacky, even for Jeffree. The ass at the fireplace.

by Anonymousreply 480January 20, 2020 4:30 AM

It is crazy how popular he is on social media given how hateful he can be. He is a bit deranged. In addition to the post of his bare ass, he also tweeted a random young woman and told her she was gross and no one would ever want to sit beside her on a plane (she had made a tweet saying she was going to Michigan and hoped Nate Schwandt (Jeffree's ex) would be seated beside her on her flight). She tweeted back saying she was a fan and just joking and he replied with another nasty tweet to her. Who does that?

Is this man an adult?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481January 20, 2020 4:54 AM

He has a severe personality disorder. He just hides it well on Youtube. The mask always slips on Twitter, however.

by Anonymousreply 482January 20, 2020 9:08 AM

How long before he turns on Nate??

by Anonymousreply 483January 20, 2020 10:21 AM

Nate could easily cancel him, so I'm guessing never.

by Anonymousreply 484January 20, 2020 3:24 PM

R481 If he's so threatened by women that he can't stand the thought of a woman just sitting next to his ex on a plane, he is going to FLIP if one of those bi guys that he loves so much ends up cheating on him with a woman someday.

by Anonymousreply 485January 21, 2020 12:06 AM

R485 which would make Jeffree look like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 486January 21, 2020 4:06 AM

R485 which would make Jeffree look like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 487January 21, 2020 4:06 AM

Nate dumped him. Who Nate does what with, let alone sits beside on an airplane is none of Jeffree's business. I had never looked at his Twitter - without the capacity to have it edited like Youtube videos, it is awful.

Based on his new instagram account it looks like Nate intends to focus on skateboarding.

by Anonymousreply 488January 21, 2020 5:06 AM

R483 My guess is it will be sooner rather than later, despite his delusional “we’ll always be friends” bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 489January 21, 2020 6:11 PM

Honestly I don't think he and Nate were sexual for a while. It looked to me like was trying to groom that MMMMMMMMitchel to be his new man. He looked a bit like nate but was into make up and gay - (at least I think he is).

by Anonymousreply 490January 21, 2020 8:01 PM

If you don't know much about Jeffree Star start watching from 07:25. They go through his early years as a celebrity and talk about his music career. You might understand better why he is the way he is. It's his thing to be a shock drag queen, and really that's why he's now rich and famous. We all know he's heard all the possible taunts and insults gay men and drag queen can get and yet he's still standing. You have to admire him for being strong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491January 21, 2020 8:59 PM

I wondered about Many M Mitchell too. Saw he was in Bora Bora with them and lots of collabs. I think he is more one of Jeffree's puppies - just like all the other young gays / girls who were getting into the online beauty industry. Jeffree acts like he is mentoring them / taking them under his wing - and then he turns on them and rips them apart when they start to get noticed and successful. He has said repeatedly he likes straight masc type guys as lovers.

by Anonymousreply 492January 21, 2020 11:52 PM

Watching Jeffree in the clip I find that I like him. And I don't think I'm his demographic. I wish him all the happiness and success and health in the world. Girl paid her dues.

by Anonymousreply 493January 22, 2020 1:00 AM

James Charles is Jeffree's little Eve Harrington.

by Anonymousreply 494January 22, 2020 1:04 AM

R489, seems like the second Nate gets a girlfriend, Jeffree will go apeshit based on his reply to that woman.

by Anonymousreply 495January 22, 2020 4:29 AM

[quote] You are not their target audience Boomer.

I'm a Millennial and I don't get it either. Jeffrey Steininger is 34, older than me. But he looks like he's pushing 40 and escaped from heroin rehab. No makeup makes him look good - the shaved eyebrows just make him look grotesque.

I get the fascination with the Kardashians (because they were pretty once upon a time) and even James Charles Dickinson (because he's 20, young and cute). But Steininger just looks ... nightmarish and OLD.

The funny thing is that even Steininger doesn't like dating or hanging out with skeletal gay guys like himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496January 22, 2020 6:46 AM

Just add a crown and you've got a Ringwraith

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497January 22, 2020 6:54 AM

Why would this person (mid-30s but looks older) appeal to under-18-y.o. gaylings? Steininger is gross (sticking a bloody-like female pad on himself is just ewwww).

I'm worried that his fan base includes a lot of goths & emos who cut themselves and tattoo their irises.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 22, 2020 6:58 AM

Interesting note to the apparently amicable break-up.

Jeffree has gone out of his way to show on his Instagram stories footage of the green Aston Martin supercar he gifted Nate a few month prior to the break-up.

Today he showed the BMW i8 he stated he shipped back from Michigan.

He's cutting Nate off. This is gonna get messy.

by Anonymousreply 499January 22, 2020 7:51 AM

Lol, I love what Steininger did to Nathan Schwandt (seems like they're both German-descent, btw).

Schwandt was a cute-looking kid before - and now he looks like a tatted-up, coked-up Instaho.

It's like the before-after photos in the career of a SC or CF porn actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500January 22, 2020 8:06 AM

I can't believe such trivial things about trivial C-list demi-celebs (who most of the country doesn't even know about) are national news on CNN now. No wonder the US ended up with a silly TV-show host as POTUS.

[quote] CNN, Jan. 11: "Jeffree Star confirms he and Nathan Schwandt are over. Star made the announcement Saturday on Twitter, apologizing for the silence and saying he's been "trying to heal." "I'm devastated. I'm so sad," he said."

by Anonymousreply 501January 22, 2020 8:21 AM

CNN is trash and Jeffree Star is white trash.

by Anonymousreply 502January 22, 2020 9:57 AM

“White trash” is a redundant statement if ever there was one.

by Anonymousreply 503January 22, 2020 9:58 AM

Can any DL experts on obscure Z-list celebs please verify: is this a recent pic of Schwandt? He deleted his IG, so it's hard to tell.

If this is a recent pic (2019) - then he's doing MUCH better and looks much healthier in the run-up to his "breakup" from his "relationship" (financial or Shakespearean "true love" or YT faux-romance hoax or whatever) with Steininger.

In any case, guess he finally got into shape at the age of 26 and realised he can do much better than boney, aging Steininger.

I'm so happy he's not wearing comical bleached platinum or Shrek-green hair anymore in this pic - his previous pics reminded me of DL Fave Colton Haynes bleaching his hair during his meltdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 22, 2020 10:32 AM

[quote] Lol, I love what Steininger did to Nathan Schwandt (seems like they're both German-descent, btw). Schwandt was a cute-looking kid before - and now he looks like a tatted-up, coked-up Instaho. It's like the before-after photos in the career of a SC or CF porn actor.

Since people seem to love to blame Star for everything I took a quick look at Nathan's life. Apparently he was the one who first contacted Jeffree on social media and after messaging each other for months Nathan flew to LA to meet him. That was before the YouTube superfame and millions but sure Jeffree was already a MySpace star at the time.

Apparently Nathan has a tattoo of his grandfather on his arm. Overall I find it a bit insulting for Nathan to believe he's some little trashy himbo without a mind of his own. Apparently Jeffree hadn't seriously dated anyone for seven years before getting together with Nathan. They apparently dated for five years although I've understood they've been open about doing threesomes with women and maybe with men as well. I haven't watched many of Jeffree's videos so I don't know exactly what he's said.

by Anonymousreply 505January 22, 2020 11:42 AM

nate is so dam handsome and kool

I can see why Jeffie is havin a nervous breakdown, imagine the meds she mus be on having lost the man she groomed to be of her dreams.

by Anonymousreply 506January 22, 2020 11:43 AM

Nate wont have to come crawling bak to Jeffree when the $ drys up, cause it wont, plenty of rich queens/daddys in town to keep nate's pockets full of diamonds for 5 yrs...

by Anonymousreply 507January 22, 2020 11:46 AM

He should call his next line "Stardust" because he reminds me of Ziggy.

by Anonymousreply 508January 22, 2020 12:14 PM

R504 I've linked his new instagram. He doesn't follow Jeffree but Jeffree follows him.

R500 That isn't even the current after. He has a full sleeve now on his right arm and both his upper thighs thighs are completely tatted. He just got a massive tattoo of Mulder and Scully on his left thigh in early December.

R505 Nathan was a 21 year old kid from rural Michigan when he went to meet Jeffree. Nate has said he has pretty much been high every day since 7th grade so the dope wasn't Jeffree's influence but Nate just fell into Jeffree's life. I am really glad he got out. It will be interesting to see if he just goes back to a 'normal' life and in 15 years just is telling stories of the crazy 5 years when he was with Jeffree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509January 22, 2020 12:43 PM

[quote] Since people seem to love to blame Star for everything I took a quick look at Nathan's life.

I don’t blame Steininger for making Schwandt a pot-head, R505. I’m laughing at the older person (Steininger) for passing on his other comical habits to the younger person (Schwandt): dyeing the latter's hair to make him resemble a green Smurf and passing on his excessive tattoo-addiction bug to him as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510January 22, 2020 1:07 PM

interesting that jeffree likes to have dummies as her intimate friends: shane, James, nate, etc....I see no einsteins in that group honey....

lord help her when it all starts to crash

by Anonymousreply 511January 22, 2020 2:50 PM

Having lost her prize Nate, she has the smell of ….failure.

by Anonymousreply 512January 22, 2020 2:51 PM

Jeffree does not follow Nate’s new Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 513January 22, 2020 6:03 PM

R513 He did initially when Nate's instagram was private. Guess he has unfollowed.

I wonder what will happen with the Michigan house where Nate's parents (and presumably Nate and Zach at this point) live. JS had his cars shipped back to Cali from Michigan. Will he let them keep the house?

by Anonymousreply 514January 22, 2020 10:16 PM

Oh, things are going to turn ugly, Jeffree is hurt right now, the hurt will turn into rage. Hell, Jeffree blows up on fans for no apparent reason, I think he gets high, then, can't remember what he posts on social media.

by Anonymousreply 515January 22, 2020 11:00 PM

[quote]I can see why Jeffie is havin a nervous breakdown, imagine the meds she mus be on having lost the man she groomed to be of her dreams.

He may have lost Nate, but at least he's still got all those Birkin bags to fall back on! Surely those must be of great comfort to him during these emotionally turbulent times, no?

by Anonymousreply 516January 22, 2020 11:39 PM

And potentially 2020 could be another difficult year. JS's mother has been quite sick and in the house tour video, JS talks about how his mother has moved in with them so he can be with her for whatever time she has left. His grandmother is 102 and not going to live forever and his oldest dog that he got back in his music days is now 12 or so and nearing the end of her lifespan. Add to that the controversy du jour and no boy toy to turn to...

by Anonymousreply 517January 22, 2020 11:48 PM

Who is Zach?

by Anonymousreply 518January 22, 2020 11:48 PM

Zach is Nate's brother.

by Anonymousreply 519January 23, 2020 12:21 AM

Zach is Nate's younger brother. He worked for Jeffree as one of his videographers for his Youtube videos. He lived with Jeffree and Nate for at least a year. He was in Bora Bora with them in November. He had a seizure in December and went back to Michigan

by Anonymousreply 520January 23, 2020 12:58 AM

Zach was cute until he too fell into the green hair hole. Jeffree tried to hook Zach up with James Charles in a video - but I think Zach is straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521January 23, 2020 1:04 AM

Zach is a lot cuter than Nate and he actually is gay/bi unlike his older brother.

by Anonymousreply 522January 23, 2020 3:19 AM

A quick Google put JS's net worth between $75 and $200 million. Everything is wrong with my life.

by Anonymousreply 523January 23, 2020 1:56 PM

R522, a straight man hardly dates a drag queen/gay man for five years and has sex with him constantly. He's most definitely bi.

by Anonymousreply 524January 23, 2020 2:58 PM

I think the comment that Jeffree always said about Nate being straight until he met him and only having been with women until then is a bit of a red herring. Nate was from a smallish town, he was quiet and introverted, he was into skateboarding and pot smoking, and he was questioning his sexuality (hence why he was online contacting gay men). That isn't the kind of guy that is getting a lot of action. I am not saying he hadn't been with women but he may have kind of been with women by default and may not have been with many. He was only 21 when he moved to LA. He may have been gay all along but still trying to figure it out given the context he lived in. Or he may be bi. I saw the texts from two people in Michigan he had contacted about meeting up with in the past (they released them online) and both were feminine guys like Jeffree.

Other than Jeffree's comments (and we know he lies about everything) there really isn't any signs that Nate was ever straight.

by Anonymousreply 525January 23, 2020 3:26 PM

You are way too invested in Nate being some innocent little gamine R525, and Jeffree being some cradle robbing ogre. Nate knew exactly what he was doing when he approached Jeffree, and now he’s going to be handsomely compensated for it.

Take a breather and knock it off.

by Anonymousreply 526January 23, 2020 3:46 PM

R526. I think you misread the post. It was about Nate's sexual orientation not innocence and cradle robbing.

by Anonymousreply 527January 23, 2020 3:55 PM

r526 that and Jeffree pretty much took care of his whole family.

by Anonymousreply 528January 24, 2020 1:17 AM

This must be what Cinderella felt like at midnight.

by Anonymousreply 529January 24, 2020 4:50 AM

I want to see a reworking of Sunset Boulevard based on JS as Norma Desmond and the beauty influencer community and youtube standing in for Hollywood, a green haired tatted up Nate dead in the pool, not from drowning, but skate boarding, Tati and JC as supporting characters and of course it being a musical and staring G as Jeffery. With One Look is perfect for being about make-up, As If We Never Said Good Bye, already has the line about “coming out of make-up” and of course The Greatest Star of All need not be touched at all. Oh, and I guess Shane can be his Max.

by Anonymousreply 530January 24, 2020 11:53 AM

R530, Tati could be the dead monkey, except, dead monkeys have more personality than her.

Shane can't be the butler, he'd eat all the food before it could be served.

by Anonymousreply 531January 24, 2020 12:05 PM

So would James Charles be the ingenue?

by Anonymousreply 532January 24, 2020 1:48 PM

Laughing all the way to the bank

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533January 24, 2020 2:38 PM

Can't buy my love!

by Anonymousreply 534January 24, 2020 3:28 PM

What do people, who live all by themselves in a huge mansion, do there all day? Do they aimlessly wander from room to room?

by Anonymousreply 535January 28, 2020 2:49 PM

r535 he has other people living with him, his assistant lives in a wing as do some of his staff and security.

by Anonymousreply 536January 28, 2020 3:12 PM

R535 he can play on his pinball machines.

by Anonymousreply 537January 28, 2020 11:53 PM

He can apply a BEAT face of makeup, cry it all off and then start all over again.

by Anonymousreply 538January 29, 2020 1:19 PM

[quote]What do people, who live all by themselves in a huge mansion, do there all day? Do they aimlessly wander from room to room?

I picture him walking around from room to room with a glass of wine listening to sad music with the curtains closed thinking about how any guy he gets with will just want him for his money.

by Anonymousreply 539January 31, 2020 12:14 AM

That’s funny, I picture him more like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540January 31, 2020 2:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!