Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Warren's polls at 0% and 1% with Hispanics and Blacks respectively in the Gold standard poll of Wisconsin

By contrast Pete polls at 4% and 20%.

Minority voter turn out is crucial in swing states like Wisconsin , Michigan and Pensylvania. Why doesn't the media talk about this glaring problem of Warren. She is a disaster for GE.

At least Pete has a lot of support among never trumpers and centre-right moderates. Warren neither has minority support and the centre-right voters loathe her. Nominate her at your own peril.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2019 7:07 PM

people don't like rich snobby professors from Harvard

by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2019 10:34 PM

[quote]Minority voter turn out is crucial in swing states like Wisconsin , Michigan and Pensylvania.

Nope. White working-class Obama-turned-Trump voter turnout for the Dem candidate is crucial for winning these states.

Her minority support is irrelevant in these states.

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2019 10:38 PM

r2 Minority turn out is as important as white working class turnout in swing states. One of the reasons Hillary lost because the blacks turnout fell in 2016 compared to 2012 and 2008 in the swing states. And make no mistake, Warren is not a darling of white working class either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2019 10:48 PM

I know people completely laugh at the idea of Pete even getting the nomination - and fine not acting like he doesn’t have some pretty legitimate weaknesses... but I’m sorry the more I actually look into Liz Warren the more it’s clear to me she would an absolutely terrible candidate to put up in the general.

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2019 11:07 PM

Warren was able to backtrack on her ancestry. She should be able to turn around her falling poll numbers if she similarly backtracks on Medicare for All. She could get away with just claiming she was too naive in believing it was possible. People would forgive an honest mistake like that.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2019 11:18 PM

White working class men are locked in for Trump, for all the shittiest reasons. Will white suburban women reject their natural, stupid habit of voting Republican out of disgust for Trump? That is the question in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2019 11:22 PM

outside of Joe Biden, a lot of these candidates are going to have trouble getting minorities to the polls

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2019 11:34 PM

“outside of Joe Biden, a lot of these candidates are going to have trouble getting minorities to the polls”

That is a reasonable observation. I have seen some very vicious and racially charged statements made here about Mayor Pete and black voters. Some have suggested it homophobia (not to discount that as a factor for white, black, Hispanic and other voters). But this poll shows that it may be as simple as he is not their candidate for political reasons. Hispanics view his candidacy lower than black voters in this poll. Minorities see Warren’s prospects even lower in Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2019 11:43 PM

Warren shows some spectacularly poor political instincts: DNA test drama, M4A debacle, transparency/donor purity test fight with Pete - wasn't particularly great for either of them but I honestly think it made her look worse - etc..

The absolute idolation of her is bizarre to me. I don't want to see this election be another referendum on misogyny that this country miserably fails but my God Liz really just ain't it.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2019 11:45 PM

She stands for something definite and important, that it is time for the rich who have gorged so much to disgorge, r9. It's a good message overall. She is screwing up at points, but she's pretty consistent with it and that is helping her long-term. Not that it gives her any kind of guarantee to the nomination, but it is solid and may carry her through.

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2019 11:54 PM

Warren's campaign is going nowhere. She has alienated progressives and centrists.

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2019 11:56 PM

oh everyone's alienated everyone, r11. It's all part of the process.

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2019 11:57 PM

Warren is toast. Her only supporters at this point are some die hard woke lesbians who hope she is one of them (she's not). Pete is soaring.

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2019 11:58 PM

Pete is definitely on an upswing. The next debate will not be calm and loving.

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2019 11:58 PM

R10 the “eat the rich” rallying cry will not work.

by Anonymousreply 15December 13, 2019 12:02 AM

It might, r15. I'm not sure the rich and their whores and slaves get just how sick of them so many of us are. Could be wrong. Maybe it'll be Biden or Pete and their rather different philosophy of life, but I'm not convinced.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote]Minority turn out is as important as white working class turnout in swing states.

No. Pandering to blacks actually depresses white working-class Democrat turnout, or worse, brings them out to vote Republican.

The more these candidates ignore blacks completely, the better they’ll do in the rust-belt swing states.

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2019 1:02 AM

Warren's campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 13, 2019 1:05 AM

OP, you cannot do that. We already made up our minds. Blacks don't like Pete. Eeeeeverybody loves Warren. It was already established. The general election was pretty much decided. And now you come with ... information. Why are you doing this to us?

by Anonymousreply 19December 13, 2019 1:09 AM

actually, she should pander more to blacks, r17. The white working class trusts Trump's racism. They will never trust any Democrat on racism. They get that the Republican Party is the party of white supremacy. I think they are baked in for Trump. Warren, and actually every Democrat, needs to turn out the minority and nonracist vote. The racist vote has already been cast.

by Anonymousreply 20December 13, 2019 1:09 AM

I doubt they even found Hispanics to poll in Wisconsin. Nationally, Warren fluctuates between 2 or 3 with Hispanics.

by Anonymousreply 21December 13, 2019 1:11 AM

can you imagine liking Trump. Can you imagine being the kind of cunt that likes Trump? Can you, r19. Can you imagine being that kind of cunt? Imagine.

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2019 1:47 AM

Liz sucks.

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2019 6:03 PM

Honey, Pete's not running against Warren. He's running against Trump. They are all running against Trump, so comparing your comparatively high numbers to her means nothing. They're still crappy numbers. I guess it makes you feel better about his chances, though, so take comfort in that.

by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2019 7:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!