Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Just joking/pranking/trolling": Surge of straight guys pretending to come out as gay as a joke

Go on YouTube and there are lots of these videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2019 8:50 PM

Whoever they are, fuck them. That shit ain't funny. That's our lives, for those of us who choose to come out. It ain't something to make light of.

by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2019 3:11 PM

Gross and not funny.

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2019 3:14 PM

Gen Z is just weird.

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2019 3:16 PM

We on DL should troll their pages with lots of inappropriate comments.

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2019 3:16 PM

We should do some real emotional ones where we come out as straight and admit to eating pussy.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2019 3:17 PM

Prank on grandma

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2019 3:42 PM

I hope they're all brutally beaten.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2019 3:44 PM

R3, most people who voted for Prop 8 were over 50

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2019 3:46 PM

This stuff isn't new, sharing a 300 views video means nothing, and sometimes its the dumb straight guy way of trying to start to feel the smallest sliver of true empathy for gay people in a very misguided way while keeping their fucked up sense of masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2019 3:47 PM

YouTube just announced a new policy against hate speech and harassment. I recommend flagging any video you see like this and reporting it. People shouldn't get away with posting this shit.

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2019 3:47 PM

When I was in middle school a bully told me he was gay and sent me a "love note". I wanted him and so I responded to him, only to be humiliated in front of the entire class. I was hurt and devastated. I still don't know how he knew I was gay to take advantage of me like that.

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2019 4:04 PM

They used to pull similar shit like this back in the 70s when they tried to get into gay clubs and bars so they could harass the women in there. These loser incels haven't changed.

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2019 4:18 PM

Anybody this obsessed with their sexuality cannot be straight. I'm sorry. Grandma probably flipped because she knew it to be true!

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2019 4:24 PM

People doing dumb shit. What else is new?

Just ignore. Without an audience they move on to some other desperate attempt for attention.

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2019 4:40 PM

So sad

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2019 5:14 PM

Reported it to Youtube. That BS needs to end.

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2019 5:38 PM

Unclench. Unclutch. Breathe. You’ll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2019 5:40 PM

They got the idea from Logan Paul.

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2019 5:42 PM

R17, its a thing and is savage to us. So, no...gonna report each one I see. Its BS.

by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2019 5:55 PM

YouTubers used to do this ten-ish years ago. Even Shane Dawson did a fake coming out video, back when he still did drag characters and made fun of black people.

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2019 6:15 PM

Are they hawt? All is forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2019 6:32 PM

Being gay is becoming less and less of a big deal. While there's still some discrimination and hate it's no longer mainstream. Younger generations don't understand how courageous it was to "come out" a couple decades ago.

Now, "coming out" via an announcement seems a bit melodramatic and attention-seeking. Perhaps this is what the Gen Z straight boys are making fun of. With this in mind, think of how the average DLer responds to the perceieved snowflakiness of "trans sex worker woman of color" demanding recognition.

by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2019 6:38 PM

R22, I am a "gen z'er" and that is not really true. The people doing this are doing it because they are homophobic. It still exists. A lot.

by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2019 7:05 PM

Can't these dumb videos be considered parodies of sincere coming out videos that have been popular for a while? People with no new ideas love to parody something popular since they can piggyback on the success (more views) while ridiculing it. There are plenty of parodies of influencer videos and make up tutorial videos, etc. I wouldn't get too worked up over these videos--save your outrage for actions that directly harm gays.

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2019 7:15 PM

R24, I think these videos could be considered harmless parodies if they were made by actual gay people. But straights 'pranking' their dudebro friends or grannies by pretending to come out? The viewers are expected to be 'relieved' when it turns out to be a joke. How is that not homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2019 8:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!