Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People with double first names

Like Cindy Lou, James Henry, Mary Alice, Marvel Ann, Charles Wallace, Kathie Lee.

They make you sound either really hardcore Southern or really hardcore Catholic. Why don't people whittle them down to one name as they age?

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2019 6:51 AM

stop mocking me!!!

Archie Sonofharrywindypopsmountamare

by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2019 4:37 AM

[quote]Why don't people whittle them down to one name as they age?

I'll let you know when I start aging.

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2019 4:39 AM

Some of us are timeless.

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2019 4:49 AM

They're elegant when they're two full names (like Mary Louise) but they sound dorky when it's a full name and a nickname (like Mary Lou).

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2019 4:56 AM

I had to interact with a double name person this week. It was annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2019 4:59 AM

Why do black women who have gone to college always have hyphenated *last* names. What’s up with that?

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2019 5:00 AM

Makes me think of the Waltons or something. I think it is an American thing to use two names.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2019 5:09 AM

It's a sign of class.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2019 5:11 AM

Euh excusez-moi monsieur

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2019 5:14 AM

I could only get a publisher in America when i used my full name of Pelham Grenville,

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2019 5:23 AM

yes I misspelled Wodehouse abive

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2019 5:28 AM

FUCK YOU

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2019 6:40 AM

R8, Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2019 6:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!