Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Child actor and ballet dancer Jack Burns dead at 14

Jack Burns, a child actor who appeared on TV shows In Plain Sight and Retribution, has died at age 14. Burns, dubbed "the next Billy Elliot," was found dead at his Greenock, Inverclyde home in Scotland. Authorities told Metro U.K. they are not treating his death as suspicious, but the cause has not been revealed.

Burns was an exceptional ballet dancer and a member of the Elite Academy of Dance. He earned a spot at the prestigious Glasgow Ballet School when he was just 9 years old. The Academy confirmed his death in a statement on Monday.

"It is with a very heavy heart that we write this post. Tragically as you know we lost our much loved student Jack Burns on Sunday 1st of December," Elite Academy wrote on Facebook. "Jack was an inspiration to everyone at Elite and touched the hearts of everyone who had the pleasure of working and dancing with him since 2012. We and all of Jacks family and friends are naturally completely devastated and at a loss for words and answers.”

Burns is survived by his parents, Karen and Robert, and his brother Rory. Rory Burns is also an actor and appeared on two episodes Outlander as younger Roger Wakefield. A public funeral service will take place on Thursday.

"Jacks family wish to let everyone know that his funeral service will be at at 10.00 am at St Mary's Church, Patrick Street, Greenock, on Thursday 12th December," Elite Academy wrote. "Karen, Robert and Rory would love if those from his Elite Family that knew and loved Jack as much as they all do wanted to attend. They would also take much comfort if students wish to attend in Alba or Elite Hoodies and sit together on Thursday. Our studio will be open at 9.00 am on Thursday for those wishing to attend."

The post concluded, "All our thoughts and prayers at this time are with Jacks immediate family and friends but especially with his parents Karen, Robert and his brother Rory."

Condolences from the community have been pouring in on Facebook.

"We were so devastated to hear this news about Jack. He was such a talented boy in all areas of his life and such a lovely handsome boy," one person wrote.

"So loved and missed!" another added.

"A tragic loss of a beautiful and talented boy. Our warmest condolences to his family. Rest in peace," one woman wrote.

"Sad to hear of the loss of this talented young man. Thoughts and prayers are with all his family and friends at this difficult time. May he rest in peace," shared someone else.

Burns also played rugby and football. Father Thomas Boyle, priest of St Mary's Church where the funeral service will take place, told The Daily Mail, "This is a tragedy for the family which is inexplicable."

"Everyone will be at the funeral tomorrow to support Karen, Robert and his brother Rory," he shared. "Everything he participated in so well in his life will be there, from the ballet school, his rugby club and the people he played football with. Everyone's absolutely devastated by what's happened."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 11, 2020 7:47 AM

They're not treating this as suspicious so either some freak biological accident or he killed himself due to the pressure of his career at 14?

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2019 6:14 PM

Hate to say it, but he was probably abused.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2019 6:20 PM

^I hope you're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2019 6:22 PM

r3

Do you not see the signs in the article?

1) Acting 2) Ballet 3) Rugby 4) Football 5) Church

He did it all, but unfortunately these are all areas where predators have easy access.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the signs are there.

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2019 6:31 PM

Why is this not a suspicious death? Did he commit suicide?

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2019 7:15 PM

I'd assume bullying.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2019 7:24 PM

Not suspicious = he left a note explaining why.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2019 7:28 PM

How the hell did he die. Why be so cagey about it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 7:30 PM

I can't imagine!

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2019 7:38 PM

This is what happened when you leave kids unsupervised on the Internet.

Where do you think are all these young kids are getting ideas of suicide?

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2019 7:40 PM

You don't require the interweb to think of killing yourself

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2019 7:43 PM

We are losing our best an brightest gaylings too early.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2019 7:45 PM

Maybe he just wanted to sleep some more. Look at all the activities he was doing, they were too gruelling.

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2019 7:50 PM

It's the brother.

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2019 7:57 PM

MURDER!!

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2019 7:59 PM

He twirled himself to death?

(Damn, why couldn't I think of that??)

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2019 9:11 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2019 9:14 PM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2019 9:15 PM

Never heard of him

by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2019 9:16 PM

Has Avery Schreiber made a statement?

by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2019 9:18 PM

Huh?

Yeah

Huh?

Yeah

by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2019 9:21 PM

Could be SUDC (Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood).

I imagine they are waiting for all autopsy results to be completed, but there was nothing to indicate suicide or foul play.

by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2019 9:42 PM

Nobody has said that it wasn't suicide, just that it wasn't suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2019 10:07 PM

Considering how many sports he was doing, could it actually be natural causes? Can a 14 year old heart and lungs handle that much athletic activity?

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2019 10:23 PM

That’s a shame. He would’ve been a hot white guy.

by Anonymousreply 25December 11, 2019 10:27 PM

Was he wearing red shoes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2019 12:06 AM

Is 14 a millennial?

by Anonymousreply 27December 12, 2019 12:08 AM

No, it's not. But dataloungers think anyone under the age of 1000 is a "millennial"

by Anonymousreply 28December 12, 2019 12:15 AM

This is sick, but all I can think of is that the post about his death could use some input from the “apostrophe society”...

by Anonymousreply 29December 12, 2019 12:22 AM

[quote]...was found dead at his Greenock, Inverclyde home in Scotland.

They should test the milk he was drinking, for inverclyde.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2019 2:16 AM

Damn, it's always sad when anyone dies young.

by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2019 2:52 AM

I'm disappointed. I clicked on this expecting to see at least one frau screaming that this is a "pedo thread"

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2019 3:04 AM

Could have been a seizure.

by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2019 3:08 AM

So it mentions a priest and St. Mary Church, which sounds Catholic. Are there still prohibitions against suicides having standard funerals and being buried in Catholic cemeteries?

by Anonymousreply 34December 12, 2019 3:20 AM

I get that we all like to put bitchy/funny coments on DL....but, this thread is about a young kid who died. Can we have some morals and show respect

by Anonymousreply 35December 12, 2019 3:45 AM

r35 LOL good one

by Anonymousreply 36December 12, 2019 4:14 AM

You don't get us r35. The ONLY topic that DLs show compassion towards deal with house cats and house cat owners. Maybe a dog here and there, but everyone else can die in a grease fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2019 4:14 AM

Looks like a sweet kid. I pray he did not take his own life.

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2019 4:16 AM

I hope it's not true, but if he was bullied he might have.

by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2019 4:33 AM

This is sad. I'd never heard of him but he seemed to be gifted in many areas. There does seem to be so many very young kids taking their own lives. You want to tell them to just hang on but your world view can be "This will never get better". I really hope this wasn't a suicide and there were somehow natural causes.

by Anonymousreply 40December 12, 2019 4:50 AM

[quote]r35 this thread is about a young kid who died. Can we have some morals and show respect

How about respect for PUNCTUATION?!

by Anonymousreply 41December 12, 2019 5:20 AM

We will never know what kind of gay he would grow up to be! Tragic!

by Anonymousreply 42December 12, 2019 5:23 AM

Do we know for sure he was a gayling?

by Anonymousreply 43December 12, 2019 5:46 AM

Maybe it was an asthma attack, like the one that recently killed that young female Broadway performer

by Anonymousreply 44December 12, 2019 5:48 AM

Asthma rarely kills, and a 14 healthy child can handle a LOT of physical activity.

However it's not unheard of for young people to have undiagnosed conditions, like heart valve problems, that don't come into play unless you have extreme activity. Those usually are found later on after 40 unless something provokes it earlier.

by Anonymousreply 45December 12, 2019 6:38 AM

Child acting, dance academy, Catholic school / church?

Was he covering all bases to ensure he was 'abused'?

by Anonymousreply 46December 12, 2019 7:02 AM

So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so young.

by Anonymousreply 47December 12, 2019 7:28 AM

[quote]and a 14 healthy child can handle a LOT of physical activity

That's true.

by Anonymousreply 48December 12, 2019 10:46 AM

Will all you queens stop surmising what happened and wait till you actually know. For all you know he could have died by auto erotic asphyxiation.

by Anonymousreply 49December 12, 2019 11:14 AM

I would assume suicide. He was under so much pressure. And it doesn't have to be from others. He could have 'wanted' to do all those things and be the best at everything. But it was just too much. When you are used to being the number one champion, eventually a challenger comes along. How does a 14 y/o cope with that? There could also have been a bunch of jealous mean girls/boys making his life hell. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 50December 12, 2019 11:17 AM

He lived a full life.

by Anonymousreply 51December 12, 2019 11:18 AM

Ballet dancers are very flexible and hot! They’re also great bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 52December 12, 2019 12:52 PM

The priest was very quick with the "inexplicable" line.

Aside from invoking the mandatory sharp look sideways at the Church, doesn't that comment suggest it wasn't from natural causes? Because if it were, the autopsy would be looking for the explanation as he spoke, and he would know that. "Inexplicable" is something you say when it's suicide, or when the lovely man from next door shot his wife of 50 years, etc. It's about motive, not heart valves.

by Anonymousreply 53December 12, 2019 12:55 PM

Really R52? Disgusting boomers, you all behave like white trash when it comes to sex

by Anonymousreply 54December 12, 2019 1:31 PM

R54 - Calm down babe! You Millennials and us boomers can all get along. Just bend over, present hole and we can “cum together.”

by Anonymousreply 55December 12, 2019 1:47 PM

R55 Ok daddy

by Anonymousreply 56December 12, 2019 2:24 PM

It could have been an aneurysm. When I was in middle school, I had a classmate who died that way. Just dropped dead in the shower. He was 12.

by Anonymousreply 57December 12, 2019 2:49 PM

At an age of boners and realizing his ....preferences.

On top of juggling an adult career. No one to talk to, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 58December 12, 2019 2:54 PM

He might have been str8.

by Anonymousreply 59December 12, 2019 3:00 PM

[quote]Will all you queens stop surmising what happened and wait till you actually know.

Shhhhh. They're all fapping to the idea that he was being molested.

by Anonymousreply 60December 12, 2019 5:42 PM

r60

I'm the one who first suggested it at r2 and r4 and your post is complete bullshit. I don't jerk off to children being raped, I think we need to acknowledge it's happening in order for it to be stopped.

I take it you missed the huge UK football scandal, the many church sex abuse scandals, the tragedies and misfortunes surrounding child actors, etc. Ignoring the problem only makes it worse as we allow predators to get into positions of power and abuse children.

Many gay men on here were actually molested, or raped, by an adult when they were children. It's so common, and the fact that this boy took part in things where it's known predators are in power and have easy access to children has me concerned.

by Anonymousreply 61December 12, 2019 6:18 PM

Since they're hiding he reason he died, it must have been suicide.

by Anonymousreply 62December 12, 2019 6:23 PM

I wish him well in his next life.

by Anonymousreply 63December 12, 2019 6:46 PM

[quote]Burns, dubbed "the next Billy Elliot," was found dead at his Greenock, Inverclyde home in Scotland.

Because he secretly wanted to be dubbed "the next Dusty Springfield."

by Anonymousreply 64December 12, 2019 6:59 PM

R59 Yeah, that's it. In world of homos, he couldn't accept he was str8!

by Anonymousreply 65December 12, 2019 9:06 PM

[quote]I'm the one who first suggested it at [R2] and [R4]

You still get a thrill thinking about children getting molesting, Karen. Go back to rubbing your lady hamper to reruns of Law & Order: SVU.

by Anonymousreply 66December 12, 2019 9:15 PM

I would have loved to give him the honor and pleasure of being penetrated by my fat, cut, 8 inch dick, once he turned 18, but now he’s lost that chance.

by Anonymousreply 67December 12, 2019 11:41 PM

Why was he doing so much? Who was he trying to impress?

by Anonymousreply 68December 13, 2019 4:22 AM

r68 his parents were trying to make him a star. Unfortunately, some stars bun our rather quickly. I hope however he died, it wasn't painful.

In other news, there are brown-skinned 14-year-olds and younger getting murdered by our very own Western governments. Just food for thought.

by Anonymousreply 69December 16, 2019 3:34 PM

[quote] He earned a spot at the prestigious Glasgow Ballet School when he was just 9 years old.

[italic]Glasgow[/italic] Ballet - "prestigious"?

by Anonymousreply 70December 16, 2019 8:06 PM

Was he bullied?

by Anonymousreply 71December 16, 2019 8:09 PM

That boy was sexually abused and couldn’t take the trauma anymore.

by Anonymousreply 72December 16, 2019 8:29 PM

I know many people might think DLs are playing or getting their rocks off at the thought of that boy getting abused, but I'd listen to the intuition of some of these members. Something went wrong in the boy's life if his death was anything other than natural causes. If suicide, I would agree that some sort of abuse occurred. As many said, he was in just the type of extracurriculars to be a victim.

by Anonymousreply 73December 16, 2019 10:39 PM

He was a virgin who couldn’t drive.

by Anonymousreply 74December 16, 2019 10:47 PM

No updates?

by Anonymousreply 75December 16, 2019 10:47 PM

r74 Way harsh Tai.

by Anonymousreply 76December 16, 2019 10:54 PM

R75 There won't be any more information until the inquest (Fatal Accident Inquiry in Scotland) is held which could be weeks or even months away. Everything moves very slowly in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 17, 2019 12:33 AM

And really, it's none of your business.

by Anonymousreply 78December 17, 2019 2:07 AM

[quote] And really, it's none of your business.

Oh fuck you, you prissy Little Miss Hypocrite.

This is gossip site and you know it--that's why you came here in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 79December 17, 2019 2:10 AM

It doesn't matter either way r78, he's dead and can't be embarrassed by anything that happens on Earth. He was an actor in a well known play, people will be interested.

by Anonymousreply 80December 17, 2019 2:11 AM

you cunts are sick, sexualising a 14 year old kid.

by Anonymousreply 81December 17, 2019 3:36 AM

No one is sexualizing him, minus that poster with the Bryan Singer joke.

by Anonymousreply 82December 17, 2019 3:40 AM

That’s a shame. He would’ve been a hot white guy.

For all you know he could have died by auto erotic asphyxiation.

Ballet dancers are very flexible and hot! They’re also great bottoms.

I would have loved to give him the honor and pleasure of being penetrated by my fat, cut, 8 inch dick, once he turned 18, but now he’s lost that chance.

by Anonymousreply 83December 17, 2019 6:56 AM

It's being reported now that he was found hanged (hung?). The police have already ruled it not suspicious so it looks like suicide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 28, 2019 2:32 PM

A TRAGIC schoolboy dancer branded the "next Billy Elliot" after appearing in TV shows Outlander and Plain Sight was found hanged at home, it has been claimed.

HE wasn't tragic. His death was tragic

by Anonymousreply 85December 28, 2019 2:44 PM

They should have just let him be a kid and let him do things when he wanted to do them not try to make him the next "billie Elliot"

by Anonymousreply 86December 28, 2019 2:45 PM

How do you know he didn't like to do those things? Plenty of kids who grew up "just being a kid" felt isolated, enough to self harm and even commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 87December 28, 2019 5:54 PM

Was there a first Billy Elliott?

Or do they mean the next Jamie Bell? As if.

by Anonymousreply 88December 28, 2019 7:13 PM

r88 You are correct. Billy Elliot was only a character.

by Anonymousreply 89December 28, 2019 7:18 PM

Has there been any word about whether he was bullied?

by Anonymousreply 90December 28, 2019 7:33 PM

A few of the boys who've played Billy Elliot onstage have gone on to big careers, like Tom Holland.

by Anonymousreply 91December 28, 2019 7:54 PM

Tom Holland stole my career!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 28, 2019 8:04 PM

Jamie, you refused to put out while Tom was happy to jump on a dick to snag the gigantic Marvel paychecks. Plus, you're like old.

Back to the kid, very tragic.

by Anonymousreply 93December 28, 2019 9:36 PM

I don't think it was incorrect to say "Billy Elliott" any more than it's incorrect to call someone a "Walter Mitty." It's a shorthand.

by Anonymousreply 94December 29, 2019 6:17 AM

Another ballet boy star also killed himself and then his mother too. Very very heartbreaking.

A BBC comedy executive killed herself months after finding her ballet dancer son hanged at their family home, an inquest heard.

Helene Beauchamp, 46, had tragically told pals she had "nothing to live for" after her 16-year-old son took his own life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 10, 2020 9:54 AM

The distance between us can be awful.

by Anonymousreply 96January 10, 2020 3:08 PM

[Quote] In my clinical career, Helene was the hardest challenge, she was something else.

Is it really appropriate for a medical professional to make public comments like that? I know that the client is dead but that doesn't mean her treatment should be... rated by those who treated her.

by Anonymousreply 97January 10, 2020 3:11 PM

[quote]In my clinical career, Helene was the hardest challenge, she was something else.

Probably an excerpt from the inquest into her suicide.

by Anonymousreply 98January 11, 2020 7:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!