Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Straight banker claims he was denied a promotion because he is straight

Supposedly agay mafia runs his bank and unless you are gay you can't be promoted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 11, 2019 11:25 PM

The world's smallest violin is playing...somewhere in Iran.

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2019 5:03 PM

This reminds me of all those memes I saw years ago of conservatives posting how liberals love to celebrate diversity but they are hypocrites since they don't allow straight pride parades. This straight banker has the same idiotic logic.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2019 5:04 PM

[Quote]he was told that every single one of the bank’s managers “in both his office and headquarters were either gay or bisexual” and that was “why young employees with little qualifications were promoted.”

What bank is this? Everyone at the bank headquarters is gay? I wish, it doesn't pass the smell test.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2019 5:07 PM

Everyone's a winner these days!!!

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2019 5:09 PM

[quote]He also says that since his job required him to speak to as many as 70 customers a day, he suffered vocal cord injuries and that the bank wouldn’t provide him adequate workplace accommodations, forcing him to go on short-term disability.

FRIVOLOUS SHAKEDOWN ALERT!

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2019 5:13 PM

Like he'd be the first to suck dick to get ahead!

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2019 5:14 PM

LMFAO R5--vocal cord injuries??? HAHAHAH.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2019 5:14 PM

People who work at banks tend to think they should have all the money that the account holders have.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 5:18 PM

It's probably a true story. His identity didn't offer the en vogue gimmick. Though one would think with a name like his, he hit other buttons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2019 5:20 PM

That must be a really catty and superficial work environment.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2019 5:30 PM

Is this a sperm bank?

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2019 5:32 PM

R11, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2019 6:49 PM

This is pure bullshit.

Bank is usually a conservative work enviroment, it's more common bankers hiding being gay than getting favoured on promotions

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2019 6:50 PM

Why would Queerty, of all places, publish this?

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2019 7:35 PM

Wait. Was his “disability” that he was straight?

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2019 7:38 PM

Queerty is obsessed with straight men, R14, and always has been.

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2019 7:44 PM

Straight white gentile men are always whining that they're being discriminated against, when another other than a straight white gentile man gets a promotion.

Because some of them really do feel that all promotions OUGHT to go to straight white gentile men, and that if anyone else gets ahead, it's due to affirmative action or political correctness or discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2019 7:45 PM

omg, unlike you eldergays, I just googled the company to post pics of the supposed gay/bi execs. I actually briefly met the CEO when he came to my office a year or two ago.

They all look straight to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2019 7:54 PM

Probably true. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2019 8:07 PM

[quote]They all look straight to me.

There's two guys named Bruce. Clearly gay!

by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2019 8:10 PM

The guy who filed the complaint is named Aaren Jagadeesh.

You know what that means.

by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2019 8:13 PM

If this is true, the unfortunate straight man found the only bank like this in the entire world.

It sucks to be him.

Move to another bank. This will NOT happen twice.

by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2019 8:14 PM

R22 he's done. No one will hire him knowing that when he doesn't get his way he'll file a complaint.

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2019 8:26 PM

He probably refused to present hole.

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2019 8:28 PM

From what I understand this guy only worked there for three months and was hired to cold call people.

He decided he wanted to move up in the company, was denied that so decided he had a disability and couldn't do the job he was hired to do.

Another person gaming the system to take advantage of laws in place to protect people with real disabilities.

by Anonymousreply 25December 11, 2019 8:30 PM

He should have presented hairy hole.

by Anonymousreply 26December 11, 2019 8:32 PM

Well, I don’t think it’s BECAUSE he’s straight. But I can easily believe that a “diversity” promotion was given to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2019 8:38 PM

He knew that in Canada brown trumps everything.

by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2019 8:40 PM

it is possible.

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2019 9:33 PM

As much as I think that this guy's case is mostly BS (I'm sure he had other issues) there is some truth to it. I work in a bank and in my division there are a lot of gays in management. Gay applicants are always given preferential treatment regardless of qualifications especially if they are even semi attractive. I can't tell you how many times it's backfired and the gay hire turned out to be woefully unqualified and had to be let go and the same process starts all over again. I've walked out of joint candidate interviews with some of the managers (cause god forbid they can do it alone) only to be asked "you think he's family" ? My response is always what difference does it make? It's kind of nauseating. When I hire people I couldn't care less about their sexual orientation. I just want someone that can the job.

by Anonymousreply 30December 11, 2019 10:14 PM

Uh huh, ok R30.

Gays control the banking industry.

by Anonymousreply 31December 11, 2019 10:21 PM

R30, I call bull.

by Anonymousreply 32December 11, 2019 10:29 PM

The federal court in Canada has ordered the Canadian Human Rights Commission to take a proper look at the case, after they improperly dismissed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 11, 2019 10:29 PM

Avoid the comments in that Nat-Po article. Lots of anti-gay crap from douchebags.

by Anonymousreply 34December 11, 2019 10:34 PM

If you can't stand the cock, get out of the bank vault.

by Anonymousreply 35December 11, 2019 11:21 PM

The exciting world of cocking gay bankers sounds exhilarating! Clearly, I went into the wrong field..

by Anonymousreply 36December 11, 2019 11:22 PM

R30 here. I'm not saying that the mgt of the bank at a corp level is gay. I'm saying the middle managers in my division are alot of gays. A woman runs the whole division and she likes her gays. It's a very liberal place. We had domestic partner benefits before any other bank.

by Anonymousreply 37December 11, 2019 11:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!