Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is ProMo? (Professional Homo?)

How can you be a homosexual professionally in a society with internalized homophobia??

YourMillenialFriend? You got any answers?

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 8:18 PM

Well? Anybody know??

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2019 5:56 PM

SMH

It's a term my friends and I came up with for guys whose identity stops and starts with their homosexuality.

They are "professional homosexuals" -- everything they do, eat, wear, buy, think and feel has a gay connection. Ditto the vacations they take, the neighborhoods they live in, etc.

Like you half expect them to have business cards that read "Sebastian Q. Eldergate. Homosexual-at-Large" and to introduce themselves at parties as "Sebastian Eldergate, Homosexual. Pleasure to meet you."

It has nothing to do with what they actually do for a living.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2019 6:08 PM

A friend asked for a referral to an MD. When I gave the name, he asked if he was gay. When I said, "No, but gay friendly," he wasn't happy. His dentist and podiatrist are gay.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2019 6:24 PM

Thanks, Millenial and R3. Someone called me that yesterday šŸ˜’ He must be a Datalounger!

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2019 6:31 PM

Wow thanks! I now know what I am. Iā€™m proud to be a ā€œProMo.ā€ I live in the ā€œgayborhood,ā€ only support gay owned businesses and restaurants, travel to PV, Palm Springs, and SF. (Did all my European travel when I was young.) I donā€™t want to interact with straights in my off-work time. Iā€™m so sick of them latching on to me as their fabulous token gay friend. If there was an all-male all-gay city Iā€™d be there!

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2019 6:32 PM

A Professional Homo is someone like Jonathan from Queer Eye. He makes a living off his gayness. He has nothing else to offer and plenty of people are happy to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2019 6:44 PM

R5 - You're not as fabulous as you think.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2019 6:48 PM

[quote] (Did all my European travel when I was young.)

IKR!

Because once you've been to London or Paris, you can just check that off your list. No need to go back. I mean how much could they have changed in 40 years, amirite?

(SMH again)

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 8:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!