Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bloomberg makes me sick

[quote]Michael Bloomberg has crossed the $100 million mark on TV advertising, according to data from @Kantar_Media. Bloomberg is spending $20.4 million on TV ads this week, with $17.4 million booked for next week. His total spend now at $100.6 million, across just 5 weeks of advertising.

Can you imagine how much this money could have helped in the down-ballot races instead?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2019 3:30 AM

[quote]Can you imagine how much this money could have helped in the down-ballot races instead?

What a strangely ridiculous criticism.

Kamala Harris raised $36 mm and spent $25mm and dropped out so all that money was wasted - can you imagine how much that money could have helped down-ballot races instead?

Can you imagine how much the money Bernie Sanders has raised could have helped down-ballot races instead?

You can pretty much say that about all the candidates.

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2019 2:03 PM

r1 What a strangely ridiculous pretzel-twisting. That was grassroots money; this is all HIS money because he's refusing donations.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2019 2:10 PM

I don't like Bloomberg, but at least it's his own money he's using

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2019 2:12 PM

This should be taxpayers' money if billionaires were taxed the way they should be. So you're actually witnessing your own money getting flushed down the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2019 2:14 PM

All these obscene amounts of money are wrong. Ridiculous waste of resources, whether they came from the candidates themselves, or grass roots fundraising. Completely over the top.

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2019 2:15 PM

It's his money he can do what he wants with it

If I told you to start giving your money to homeless people, you'd be all up in arms about it.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2019 2:29 PM

there should be a limit to how much one can spend. Then they all have an equal chance depending on well they get their message across. now that we know that at least a third of the country will believe anything that sounds good to them, if they were limited they would be far more careful with what they said.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2019 2:37 PM

R6 I actually DO give much of my money to the homeless, and volunteer at a food bank, so piss off. Just because someone can do something doesn't make it right; get your head out of your arse if you think that's money well spent.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 2:42 PM

[quote]if they were limited they would be far more careful with what they said.

More likely, far more outrageous to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2019 2:44 PM

[quote][R1] What a strangely ridiculous pretzel-twisting. That was grassroots money; this is all HIS money because he's refusing donations.

So, you would prefer he NOT spend his own money and fundraise, as cheeto did?

You're simply upset that he's rich - "Bloomberg makes (you) sick" no matter what he does or doesn't do with his money.

Just admit that and be done with it, rather than pretending it has to do with anything else.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2019 5:06 PM

The other candidates are jealous of someone who doesn't have to do endless fund raising. As far as "buying" votes, that's bullshit too - it's not like he's handing hundred dollar bills to anyone who'll vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2019 5:46 PM

1. It’s his own damn money.

2. He’s not taking money from special interest groups like everyone else.

3. Maybe I’m dense, but I don’t vote for anyone based on how much money their campaign wasted. If I see fifty times more Biden ads than Steyer ads, it won’t make me vote for Biden. Or Steyer. I guess some people‘s brains work that way.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2019 6:02 PM

Buy your way into things with money. That's the American Fucking Way. And bootlickers like R11 are just fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2019 6:04 PM

If he wants to actually help America and not just further his own importance, he should buy Fox News and stop it from brainwashing Americans with falsehoods.

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2019 6:06 PM

The amount to money, to him, is probably the equivalent of what I would spend to go on a 4-day skiing vacation. He's aware of it but he's not going to feel it.

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2019 6:07 PM

r15 just shows how out of touch he is to the average person.

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2019 6:10 PM

R16, you're simple minded. Would you say the same thing about Ted Kennedy?

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2019 6:33 PM

Where did you ever get the foolish idea he cares about downticket races. He's no more a democrat now than he was republican when he bought the mayoral nomination.

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2019 10:22 PM

Not a fan of Bloomberg's and don't like his entering the race except for one aspect: if, and that's a big if, Bloomberg got the nomination, he'd shred and humiliate the shit out of Trump not just on the debate stage, but in any back-and-forth on social media, and in ads. Like Trump, he's been around a long time in NYC. Bloomberg knows exactly how to taunt and drag Trump down because Bloomberg travels in circles for the actually wealthy and not the fraudulently wealthy like Trump. That, relentless and vicious dressing down - I'd absolutely love to witness.

by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2019 10:44 PM

Ask Judge Judy: Only Bloomberg can beat Trump. The lady is smart and realistic. Lizzy and Bernie will come up short if either wins the nom.

GO Mike, spend spend spend!! Win WIn WIn

by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2019 10:55 PM

Americans will not vote for another out of touch New Yorker, in case anyone has not caught on.

by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2019 11:07 PM

"... he'd shred and humiliate the shit out of Trump not just on the debate stage"

Would he though? Has he ever been a champion debater? I imagine him a Michael Dukakis type (remember him? no?).

Trump would just have his writers give him some withering one-liners, the audience would 'ooh, SNAP' and Bloomberg would be catatonic.

by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2019 11:27 PM

R14, I know you're probably joking, but you're also right.

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2019 11:34 PM

I live in Pennsylvania and have seen only one political ad: Bloomberg's.

He's hitting the purple states pretty early, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2019 12:52 AM

I also think he is the only one who can beat Trump. If he gets the nomination it will be interesting to see who he picks as a running mate (none of the current candidates or god forbid Hillary).

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2019 1:01 AM

Polls show that Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren can beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2019 2:52 AM

I hope bernie sanders wins and jacks up this assholes taxes. I loathe Mike Bloomcunt. Fuck off already.

by Anonymousreply 27December 12, 2019 2:55 AM

[quote]Bloomberg makes me sick

Bloomberg makes me sick, but the Turd makes me critically ill: like flu to ebola.

by Anonymousreply 28December 12, 2019 2:59 AM

Another prick. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 29December 12, 2019 3:02 AM

[quote]Bloomberg makes me sick, but the Turd makes me critically ill: like flu to ebola.

Other than being rich, would you care to elaborate WHY he makes you sick.

I'd like to hear more about the specifics behind your position.

by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2019 3:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!