Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Editors Guild Nominations 2019

DRAMA: Ford V Ferrari / Joker / The Irishman / Marriage Story / The Parasite

COMEDY: Dolemite is My Name / The Farewell / Jojo Rabbit / Knives Out / Once Upon A Time in Hollywood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 21, 2019 8:12 PM

Swap Once Upon a Time... for Marriage Story, and you have the Oscar nominees:

Ford v Ferrari

The Irishman

Joker

Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood

Parasite

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2019 1:35 PM

Is the Academy back to allowing just five Best Picture nominees, R1?

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2019 1:40 PM

I think R1 is talkinga bout the Editing cateogry Oscar nominees

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2019 1:41 PM

[quote]I think [R1] is talkinga bout the Editing cateogry Oscar nominees

Ah! Of course, my bad.

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2019 1:42 PM

They really should go back to just 5 Best Picture nominees. It used to be quite an achievement for a film to get a nod there. For instance, if they hadn't changed the rules in 2009, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST would have remained the sole animated film to get a Best Picture nomination. The other two, UP and TOY STORY 3, wouldn't have made it in if they hadn't expanded the category because WALL-E and THE DARK KNIGHT were 'snubbed' the previous year. Now, a lot of the nominees seem like fillers.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2019 6:02 PM

Parasite should win. Joker is second.

At the Oscars, however, knowing how they are, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood will win.

by Anonymousreply 6December 21, 2019 8:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!