Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why white pants?

I am told that in the past, white short shorts and tight white pants were considered the epitome of sexiness for gay men. I understand the tightness but why white? Can anyone explain?

by Anonymousreply 49December 12, 2019 3:00 PM

No ideas? Please, I've been wondering for a while

by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2019 10:54 PM

Imagine white shorts and pants soaking wet.

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2019 11:05 PM

It's December, OP. DECEMBER. Try again in July?

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2019 11:14 PM

You mean because they get see-through, R2? Grey also becomes transparent when wet. Also pants are sometimes dry too lol

R3, I'm dreaming of summer and of sandy beaches and yachts and the eternal mystery of the white shorts has come up again šŸ˜ Also, I promised myself I'll find the answer before leaving DL.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2019 11:17 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2019 5:07 PM

White pants symbolize leisure and affluence. You are not doing any work if you are wearing white pants--you probably have servants to bring you your next iced tea.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2019 5:28 PM

That's an interesting theory, R6!

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2019 5:35 PM

I wouldnā€™t wear them now, but back in the 80s I did.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 5:39 PM

They also show every curve of your body: especially thighs, crotch and butt. Often, you could see through them so visible panty lines became a thing. Men who wore these kinds of clothes discovered the need for a new type of underwear: Skants. This were bikini briefs, very sexy and sold 3 to a tube for around $15 as I remember. That made them expensive.

Skants knew it was sexy, so it advertised in only men's magazines (as well as Cosmo and Playgirl).

This was really the first time sexy, revealling clothes were mass marketed to straight men.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2019 5:39 PM

"Why white pants?"

Why not?

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2019 5:41 PM

Was it because of fashion, R8? I heard about a rich gay man in the 70s and 80s who had a yacht and indisted that ALL of the hot male crew wear white jeans shorts.

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2019 5:41 PM

because they look wonderful against a deep tan and bright colors that also look nice with a tan. plus, white shows the slight shadow created when worn tight over a dick better than dark colors.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote]plus, white shows the slight shadow created when worn tight over a dick better than dark colors.

Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2019 6:00 PM

I can't believe it took a straight chick to point that out to a gay guy but, here we are

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2019 6:02 PM

Thank you, kind straight lady, apparently I'm stupid šŸ˜‰šŸ˜˜

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2019 6:07 PM

White pants is an affluence thing. Insecure gays think being perfect will help them overcome their self hatred, so clean white pants show affluence. Itā€™s like saying: Iā€™m a self loathing gay but at least Iā€™m richer than you.

Not that hard to figure out.

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2019 6:08 PM

Well, all started with this outfit and its original spangled white shorts. There was an incident that involved the baton and some heavy staining, but I wouldnā€™t feel right going into greater detail until after Memorial Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2019 6:11 PM

R17 oh dear lord in heaven!!!

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2019 6:14 PM

I still have white pants, because I live in a place that's as hot as fucking hell in summer, I bought pants made of breathable white 100% linen. They're loose fit, sort of like the ones in the picture, and look very casual. They look great with a cotton shirt in a color, and when it's hot as fucking hell outside, 100% linen and cotton are actually cooler than going naked!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2019 8:33 PM

Of course, the white pants of the seventies were different than today's cool ivory linens, the white pants of the seventies were worn very tight, and were a bright arctic white and really caught the eye. It was a way to stand out, the bright white pants looked great with the bright colors of the era, they really showed off the figures of both sexes, and the bulges of men.

There was a fad for white satin pants for women in the seventies, which was strictly for the coke-thin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2019 8:36 PM

when I think of men in white pants or shorts I think of jeans. feathered hair and white jeans.

by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2019 8:39 PM

Linen pants are the best for hot weather but they crease like a bitch.

And Freddie always looked amazing in his tighty whities. "That's not a can of coke, baby! It's all mine!"

by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2019 8:45 PM

Don't forget Navy men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2019 8:48 PM

White slacks (when tight) show off the basket so much better.

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2019 8:49 PM

I thought white jeans were cheap, I had a lovely pair of cream skin tights in 1982.

by Anonymousreply 25December 11, 2019 8:59 PM

The illusion of purity.

by Anonymousreply 26December 11, 2019 9:02 PM

Fashion has NOT changed, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2019 9:05 PM

Of course, there were a FEW men who wore tight white satin pants during the seventies...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2019 9:24 PM

R17 And he thought nobody knew he was the queeniest queen who ever queened?

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2019 9:58 PM

r29, everybody knew and then the Mirror really effed up in the libel trial. Old American grannies believed he was maligned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 11, 2019 11:32 PM

That is hilarious r30. I wonder if they would still think that if they saw r17ā€™s photo.

by Anonymousreply 31December 11, 2019 11:36 PM

All the straight guys are wearing white pants and high heels! The ladies love it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 11, 2019 11:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2019 12:29 AM

I once saw a good-looking man in white pants get pushed into a pool. It was evident he wasn't wearing underwear when he climbed up the pool's ladder. He had a large dark patch of pubic hair and the head of his cock pressed against his leg. He attempted to pull the white cloth away from his crotch but it kept returning. After a while, he gave up trying. No one had a heart attack and hotel management didn't come out to address him.

I thought it was hot!

by Anonymousreply 34December 12, 2019 1:17 AM

OP what the fuck is wrong with you? How the hell do you even manage to use a computer let alone post on Datalounge? You are one of the rudest son of a bitches Iā€™ve ever encountered on here in years. Thereā€™s already been a thread on this OP. As a matter of fact, you selfish asshole, there have been several threads on this, but ohhhh nooooo ā€œI donā€™t have to do a searchā€ says Mister Head Up His Ass. Well pull your fucking head out of your ass for once in your life you selfish son-of-a-bitch and have some consideration for others for a change and do a goddamn search first. Is that going to kill you? Is it? Can you just answer that question? Can you? Is it really going to kill you to do a search first? What is wrong with you? Are you that much of an idiot that you canā€™t use Google? Donā€™t even try the old ā€œsearch function doesnā€™t workā€ line because every cunt on here knows how to work around that. Do a search before you post a thread next time you fucking asshole. Youā€™ve ruined my day and I hate you.

by Anonymousreply 35December 12, 2019 1:55 AM

Happy Holidays to you, too!

by Anonymousreply 36December 12, 2019 2:48 AM

Sly at about 1.5/2 mins inti this shows why white pants are not always a bad thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2019 2:57 AM

LMAOO @ R35

Finally some creativity before Christmas šŸŽ„

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2019 3:10 AM

Sounds sporty and summery.

Tennis, yuppies, '80s, etc. ...

by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2019 4:15 AM

This is why:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 12, 2019 4:36 AM

Hereā€™s the wildly heterosexualist Ralph Lifshitz making white shorts look so, so straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 12, 2019 4:45 AM

Oh, what a heterosexual man, R41!!

So, are you telling me that, in the past decades, tight/short white pants were code for gay?

by Anonymousreply 42December 12, 2019 4:50 AM

I am in the crowd here somewhere, but there is a man in white trousers morris dancing about half way through!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 12, 2019 6:58 AM

The OP has never watched "Leave it to Beaver"

by Anonymousreply 44December 12, 2019 7:00 AM

You can not wear white in winter.

by Anonymousreply 45December 12, 2019 10:01 AM

r45

No, you can wear white whenever

by Anonymousreply 46December 12, 2019 11:16 AM

I understand the white, but not the tight.

by Anonymousreply 47December 12, 2019 11:22 AM

ahem...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 12, 2019 2:38 PM

Sexy John waiting for Brian Epstein

by Anonymousreply 49December 12, 2019 3:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!