Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup for four years

World Anti-Doping Agency: TOLD YA WE WERE HARDCORE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2019 6:29 PM

It served them right, doping fiends! But I'm very concerned for WADA officials' well-being now as Putin will certainly retaliate with full force of savagery and impunity.

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2019 10:23 AM

I pity the person charged with getting Trump to comprehend that he has no jurisdiction over this and won't be able to cancel the World Cup and Olympics out of spite.

The stick figure explanations are probably being drawn up right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2019 10:25 AM

Somehow this just came up at work and the conversation turned into a briefing by the office Trumper on her retarded theology.

Damn you, WADA!

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2019 10:50 AM

[quote]Still, it is unclear how the ruling will affect Russian teams taking part in world championships such as soccer’s World Cup.

World Cup participation still hasn't been decided fully.

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2019 11:20 AM

Russians using any method they can to cheat? Gee what a surprise. I think we all know by know they have no ethics at all. It's not just a few bad apples, the barrel is gone sour under Putin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2019 11:58 AM

Lance Armstrong would be so proud of Mother Russia!

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2019 12:03 PM

Wow. Putin is slipping. I wonder how his mob buddies will feel about this.

People are going to the gulag for this one.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2019 6:49 PM

Putin must be FURIOUS. This is serious shit to him. Watch this documentary. It's hugely helpful in explaining just what the Olympics mean to him and how sneaky his tactics are. (It's also a good indication of just how they might have meddled in our affairs in 2016 and beyond.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2019 6:53 PM

This is the same thing as 2018, their top athletes will still find a way to compete.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2019 6:57 PM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2019 5:40 PM

Fuck you, liberal snowflakes!

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2019 5:48 PM

YASSS, HUNTY!

But it should be a permanent ban until there is regime change in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2019 6:08 PM

R9 is correct. The article cites that athletes that test on might still be able to compete. Not w the Russian flag but somehow else. I don’t really get it.

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2019 6:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!