Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

EXCLUSIVE - Gayle King Lands 1st Interview w/ Ed Smart

In a network exclusive Gayle King has landed the first interview with Ed Smart (father of kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart) since he came out as gay

Why would talk to Gayle King over everyone else in the media?

It will air on Monday

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote]Why would talk to Gayle King over everyone else in the media?

Because Barbara Walters is retired and Diane Sawyer doesn't do much anymore. There just isn't any real big name interviewers anymore. After the R. Kelly interview, Gayle has set herself up as the only real successor, to Walters.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2019 11:15 PM

I haven't been here for very long, so I'm wondering if he's been discussed here before?

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2019 11:29 PM

Interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2019 5:22 PM

Gayle is a much better interviewer than Barbara Walters ever was and not as personally fake and smarmy as Sawyer. I'm still not interested in Ed Smarts old hole.

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2019 5:25 PM

Watching this now. I find it the height of hypocrisy that GAYle King, closeted lover of Oprah Winfrey is being rather judgmental of Ed Smart hiding in the closet for 34 years. How can she do this interview when she herself is lying to everyone about her own sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2019 12:13 PM

Better question is why would anyone care?

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2019 12:15 PM

What r6 said .........

So sick of networks trying to be "the first to have the exclusive interview."

We really don't care. Move along, Gayle. Oprah wants her dinner. And don't forget the bread.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2019 12:21 PM

Stop the presses!!! Ed Smart IS actually gay!

And the sky is blue.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 12:23 PM

WTF?? What has he ever done to deserve an interview? Except not find his kid

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2019 12:23 PM

Profits from tragedy. How American.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2019 12:24 PM

R11? That's what I said. Gay men come out every day. Yes, even married gay men. Even married men with six kids. Even Mormons!! What is the big fucking deal with this asshole?

Interview a room full of guys who've been out since the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2019 12:30 PM

Not watched rage interview but saw Gayle King do a promo with the local CBS affiliate. Awkward as usual.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2019 12:30 PM

I have no idea how the became rage ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2019 12:31 PM

I'm sorry -- R8.

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2019 12:32 PM

Who the hell thinks being gay is a career choice?

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2019 12:40 PM

Mormonism kills.

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2019 12:55 PM

Yeah, well I just saw him interviewed by Jim Moret on Inside Edition, so her exclusive didn’t last too long…

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2019 1:12 PM

Get... get this THING out of me, O Lord!

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2019 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!