Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SNL Portray Justin Trudeau "Cool Kid" & Trump "Loser" In Mean Girls / NATO Skit

At the NATO Cafeteria - watch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2019 2:19 PM

Never forget, never forgive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2019 4:07 PM

lol I love when Trump stands up holding a hamburger in each hand.

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2019 4:13 PM

Jimmy Fallon is just so bad. From the way you could tell he was reading his lines from a teleprompter or cue cards, I guess they had him come in at the very last minute. Paul Rudd was adorable. James Cordan looked like Chris Farley.

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2019 4:14 PM

That Dave Chappelle Netflix special was funnier than this mess.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2019 4:18 PM

I look forward to these opportunities for SNL to lower the boom but it’s always just. so. underwhelming.

There couldn’t be better fodder through current events than what we’re we’re living right now and this is what they deliver?

P, and might I say, U.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2019 4:21 PM

Fallon and Rudd needed to switch roles.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2019 5:18 PM

It was nice and catty toward Trump, but it should have been worse.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2019 6:12 PM

How much worse, R7? It's illegal to threaten the life of a sitting President.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2019 6:51 PM

Jimmy Fallon as Justin Trudeau? LOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2019 6:58 PM

Just like Barry O, they couldn't get somebody black.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2019 7:03 PM

R8. No one was suggesting threatening anyone's life. R7 was just suggesting that the skit could have been even cattier in making fun of the motherfucking criminal in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2019 7:33 PM

Fallon could not have been more obvious staring at the teleprompter. I mean, they all do it to some degree, but it looks like he’s doing a completely cold read.

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2019 2:00 AM

[quote]James Cordan looked like Chris Farley.

So does Boris Johnson........So perfect casting.

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2019 2:19 AM

This actually made me like James Corden. Funny crack he made about Macron's older wife too.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2019 2:49 AM

[quote]Jimmy Fallon as Justin Trudeau? LOLOLOL

Yeah, couldn't they have picked some better looking to play Trudeau?

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2019 4:31 AM

someone

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2019 4:35 AM

Why was Jimmy Fallon in this sketch? He’s terrible.

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2019 4:36 AM

They shouldn't have made Trudeau out to be the "bully" as much as they did.

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2019 4:57 AM

Why wasn't Princess Anne included? She was in their group when they were laughing about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2019 6:48 AM

Paul Rudd as French President Macron?? Christmas came early for me.

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2019 7:29 AM

R19, no she wasn't. They mentioned her.

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2019 8:30 AM

R19. R21. Yes, she was. In the actual group at the NATO summit with Macron, Trudeau, etc., Princess Anne was in the group making fun of Trump. She was photographed with the group, but she was standing beside someone much taller (I believe it may have been the Dutch prime minister) who was blocking her from full view. Yes, Princess Anne was one of the ones laughing about Trump.

Watch the video, Anne is there on the left, in the back. You can see the top of her hair/head to Trudeau's right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2019 8:51 AM

Thanks, R22, you're right. The video clip I saw had zoomed in on only Trudeau, Macron, Boris and the tall guy.

by Anonymousreply 23December 9, 2019 9:50 AM

I normally like most of the Trump put downs they do on SNL, but this was just boring. And when Corden came out I immediately thought "my God is Farley back from the dead?".

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2019 10:04 AM

Oh, that's who it was! I had the same thought, R24. And it was a terribly-written sketch.

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2019 3:09 PM

R2 And then he used one of them to wipe away a tear.

When I was in high school, in a small town, we had a kid who was similar to Trump. His dad was the general manager of the largest business in the town and employed many of the student's parents. He was rather loud and obnoxious and didn't have many friends. He tried to run for student body president and he was almost laughed off the stage when he gave his campaign speech. After we graduated we never heard from him again. Hope that happens when Trump leaves office, but I doubt it. People who like train wrecks will continue to follow his sad saga and the various media will gladly carry the stories to make money.

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2019 3:55 PM

[quote]Why was Jimmy Fallon in this sketch? He’s terrible.

And SHORT.

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2019 2:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!