Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Charles Reveals Another Swollen Member! Part 2

Carry On!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 2, 2020 1:14 AM

Another interesting shot of Charles' swollen members sparking "great concern" over his health.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2019 3:48 PM

Royal ladies at Christmas - Part Two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2019 5:53 PM

Swipe for some cute photos of royal siblings Charles and Anne through the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2019 5:56 PM

Swipe for the history of Buckingham Palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2019 5:58 PM

Beautiful photos of the late Princess Margaret Rose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2019 5:59 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2019 7:12 PM

For history buffs...swipe for the life of Queen Elizabeth I - Part One.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2019 7:58 PM

Swipe for the story and photos behind this lovely pearl necklace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2019 8:02 PM

So, Liz, have you re-thought trotting Andrew out for the Christmas walk?

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2019 10:35 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2019 2:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 10, 2019 2:42 PM

Swipe for Diana's Christmas outfits through the years. I like 1983 & 1991 the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2019 2:54 PM

Calling all Brits...you can watch the Royal Variety Performance on ITV this evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2019 2:57 PM

Love the pearl and sapphire choker Diana is wearing here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2019 3:08 PM

A reminder of what should NEVER have been worn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2019 3:13 PM

Oh no! Prince Charles is being attacked by his swollen fingers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2019 3:24 PM

And now he's being strangled by his puffy digits!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2019 3:25 PM

Whoa R17, Harry looks so much like Charles in that photo!

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2019 3:58 PM

"So, Liz, have you re-thought trotting Andrew out for the Christmas walk?"

R9 - i keep asking the same question.

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2019 4:42 PM

R3 I like Anne, but she sure was a homely baby.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2019 4:45 PM

The Royal Variety Show is so rubbish now. Back in the 80s, they had performers people had actually heard of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2019 9:05 PM

R15 - Dear God that photo is horrifying. All overbite, vampire eyes, and hat.

But even more horrifying than the way she looks, is how unconscious she obviously is of how bad she looks.

How is that possible?!

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2019 9:10 PM

r14 - Believe the center of that choker was a brooch given to Diana as a wedding present by the Queen Mother. Diana had it set into the choker rather than wear it as a brooch.

by Anonymousreply 23December 10, 2019 9:11 PM

R12 - I don'yt like any of them, which is surprising as, although she did come out in some howlers, her formal day suits and gowns were usually spot on.

I think her Easter suits were probably better.

by Anonymousreply 24December 10, 2019 9:14 PM

Camilla is looking really haggard lately. Even her hair is limp. I know she's been sick but I'm wondering if it's more serious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 10, 2019 9:15 PM

Princess Margaret with her first child, David.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 10, 2019 9:19 PM

The Queen with Prince Edward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 10, 2019 9:20 PM

I wish Kate would break out of her comfort zone and wear something colorful like these two Swedish royal women (Madeleine in pink and Sofia in blue at the Nobel Prize awards in Stockholm today).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2019 9:22 PM

Being bland is part of Kate's armor. Hard to create a problem if you're bland.

by Anonymousreply 29December 10, 2019 9:23 PM

Huh? Kate wears blue a lot. She looks fantastic in turquoise and teal.

by Anonymousreply 30December 10, 2019 10:04 PM

R12 I'll take 1985, she looked gorgeous in sapphire. I always liked her in slightly (not overly) old-fashioned styles that accentuated her English Rosiness, especially tartans. Love the muff. That's privilege, when you don't have to carry a thing and can stick your hands in a muff (which sounds so silly to say).

by Anonymousreply 31December 10, 2019 11:11 PM

R28 Princess Madeleine is a real beauty. Something incredibly vibrant about her.

by Anonymousreply 32December 10, 2019 11:12 PM

Another poster commented on that r25 a few months ago on DL. They said something like they saw Prince Charles seeming to take close care of her when they out are in public, paying closer attention, being careful about her, or something like that. I took that to mean that Camilla could be having some medical issue requiring some "monitoring."

by Anonymousreply 33December 10, 2019 11:51 PM

I thought this thirsty fool of a woman was on break? Every fucking day since her "break" has been one "leaked" puff piece after another.

by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2019 11:54 PM

In her alternate reality, people are dying to see a photo of her helping out in a soup kitchen from several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 35December 11, 2019 12:05 AM

Grifters friend's gonna grift, too: "Jennifer's team didn't understand members of the Royal Familiy cannot be used in advertising."

Nor, apparently, did a member of the Royal Family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 11, 2019 12:38 AM

BP is supposed to have contacted Meyer and her people directly, requesting the photo takedowns. Hmm. Is this a sign of more to come, a crackdown on arbitrary bending of the unofficial rules re BRF members and business/financial relationships, in the wake of Andrew's downfall?

by Anonymousreply 37December 11, 2019 1:20 AM

Would not surprise me at all if Camilla had cancer. She drinks and smokes like a chimney, and Charles has a terrible diet for all his organic gardening. The British diet is for shit. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more colon cancer in the UK than anywhere else. Very unhealthy, fatty, read meat diet. We'll be seeing a lot more of the kids and once they effectively disappear Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie will get a chance to do some ribbon cuttings and block parties for the firm.

by Anonymousreply 38December 11, 2019 1:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 11, 2019 1:57 AM

The Jenn Meyer postings of MM started months ago. I recall seeing MM on the Jenn M Instagram several times over the past year. I love the candid paparazzi shot w/MM displaying the earrings like a model would on the Price is Right!

I do think that this is BP cleaning house. I am sure that they will be looking closely at everyone....after the Andrew debacle.

Anyway , both Andrew and Haz would not have a scheme and scam for cash if they were more adequately paid like Charles and William.

by Anonymousreply 40December 11, 2019 12:53 PM

My question is, what use is an NDA when the high-profile client is wearing the stuff in public? I'm not sure one even exists, and this didn't come from BP it was another one of those "sources claim". I'm not even sure BP has the legal right to force a foreign business to do what it wants.

Meyer would certainly take the photos down if her friend Meggsy asked her to. But I doubt Meghan would - this is the kind of thing she lives for. If those photos are still up, then the story was either fake, or Meyer (probably with Meghan's full support) has stuck two fingers up to the Queen andhe called the BRF's bluff. I suspect the former. If the latter, though, this is another nail in the coffin of Meghan's relationship with "the family she never had" and begs more questions about her doing fundraising for a foundation formed under the imprimatur of her royal status.

by Anonymousreply 41December 11, 2019 1:21 PM

The ladies on LSA believe this is MM lashing out at Meyer in defense of her friend Misha Nonoo. According to a blind item, Meyer had some sort of relationship with Nonoo's then-fiance. This makes sense as why would BP go after Meyer and not the myriad of other companies cashing in on her image. If true, it's incredibly stupid. No one in Hollywood would dare do anything that would be seen to go against the Meyers.

by Anonymousreply 42December 11, 2019 1:32 PM

R42 - Now, that's an interesting bit, thanks for putting it up. It would explain a great deal.

But, if true, it would make Meghan look even worse in the eyes of the BRF, because she's leaked a fake news story using them as cover.

I dunno. Meghan is nothing if not aware of the power balances. There are photos up of her and Meyer hugging each other . . .

Very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 43December 11, 2019 2:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 11, 2019 2:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 11, 2019 2:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 11, 2019 2:58 PM

R46 - Of course they are NOT getting a cut of profits.

by Anonymousreply 47December 11, 2019 3:03 PM

We'll be seeing the Royals dressed something like this tonight. Love the hosiery on the males.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 11, 2019 3:09 PM

Anne looked her best when photographed during the time of her engagement to her first husband, Mark Phillips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 11, 2019 3:11 PM

Bea was pictured leaving a gym in Chelsea last month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 11, 2019 3:14 PM

R47 - hi MeMe, are you OK?

by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2019 4:19 PM

R49 - I think the picture you posted was taken by Anthony Armstrong-Jones, 1st Earl of Snowdon.

by Anonymousreply 52December 11, 2019 4:25 PM

Right now, today, Anne would like very acceptable, and even attractive at times... if she did something with her hair and her skin. She looks like the Farmer's wife who spends all day out in the fields then does a quick washing up and puts on a clean dress for company. She needs moisturizers and cosmetics. She definitely needs grooming for her hair. The color is awful, and the texture is brittle and dry and frizzy. She obviously puts no products on it. It looks like it's full of static electricity. And the style is shit.

by Anonymousreply 53December 11, 2019 4:34 PM

I meant to add that it's a shame because often Anne has some very expensive decent looking outfits.

by Anonymousreply 54December 11, 2019 4:35 PM

Anne has the old-money attitude of not needing to give much of a shit about her appearance. As the Princess Royal, she doesn't need perfect grooming to have confidence or respect.

by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2019 4:38 PM

Do the York sisters still have "jobs"? One was an art gallery manager and I don't even know what the other claimed to do but I recall reading here on DL they both were employed. What about Peter Phillips and Zara's husband, do they have occupations?

by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2019 4:39 PM

"She looks like the Farmer's wife who spends all day out in the fields then does a quick washing up and puts on a clean dress for company. "

R53 - What you wrote is exactly the truth except Anne is not the farmer's wife. She is the farmer and owns the farm.

by Anonymousreply 57December 11, 2019 5:00 PM

Bea's got balls. Love her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 11, 2019 6:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 11, 2019 6:49 PM

I thought the Diplomatic Corps ball was tonight? When will we start seeing pics?

by Anonymousreply 60December 11, 2019 7:10 PM

Meh, no pics, yet, but Kate has been seen in the car on the way to the reception wearing the Lover's Knot tiara once again. I was really hoping that she would bring out another tiara. Maybe when she becomes POW?

by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2019 7:33 PM

When she's POW she will have other tiaras to choose from, those that Camilla doesn't necessarily want to wear. But she'll primarily have the Cambridge Lovers Knot until she's QC.

by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2019 8:35 PM

R62 - She does wear others occasionally - she has worn the Lotus, for example, when the Chinese were here for a state banquet.

She looks as if she's wearing dark blue velvet and another magnificent diamond necklance on loan from HM.

She looks stunning so far in the photos, although I haven't seen the bottom of the dress, but the choice of dark blue velvelt and diamonds and pearls seems fabulous . . .

by Anonymousreply 63December 11, 2019 8:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 11, 2019 8:52 PM

Kate is wearing TQ's Nizam of Hyderabad necklace, a stunner. Another major loaner from HM.

by Anonymousreply 65December 11, 2019 8:54 PM

Until we get more photosof the glitzy Diplomatic event tonigh, here is Princess Anne opening an affordable housing complex in Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 11, 2019 8:57 PM

The DM's coverage is quite hilarious, describing Kate's earrings as "sparkling silver drop earrings" . . .

With the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara and the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace, Kate has worn silver and crystals instead of one of the many pairs of diamond earrings TQ has to lend her . . .

by Anonymousreply 67December 11, 2019 8:58 PM

Gosh, Madeleine and Sofia of Sweden are rocking their outfits. Crown Princess Victoria not so much. She has worn two over-the-top dresses for the Nobel events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 11, 2019 8:58 PM

Camilla in her tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 11, 2019 9:00 PM

Swipe for photos of Kate in her Alexander McQueen dress and jewels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 11, 2019 9:03 PM

Summary of Kate's jewels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 11, 2019 9:04 PM

Mama Middleton arriving at Kensington Palace, probably to babysit the Cambridge kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 11, 2019 9:05 PM

R68 - Those photos are of last year's Nobel glitz affair. This year, Victoria is wearing black off the shoulder.

In those three photos, every one of those women look dire.

by Anonymousreply 73December 11, 2019 9:06 PM

R70 - Kate's dress looks to be a departure for her, and very regal, particularly in the shoulders, which form a perfect frame for that necklace, which I like because it combines a certain delicacy with its Major Status Piece profile. No frou frou or ruffles. This is definiitely Kate looking like a future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.

by Anonymousreply 74December 11, 2019 9:13 PM

E73 - you are incorrect. These photos are from this year's event (second day). Victoria wore a monstrous black and white gown yesterday and a red one today while her sister and sister-in-law were stunning in pink and blue yesterday @R28 and the flowered ones today @R68. Queen Silvia looked lovely in blue this evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 11, 2019 9:16 PM

^ R73

by Anonymousreply 76December 11, 2019 9:17 PM

R75- ah. I saw the first day's outfits then. Thanks. I agree that Victoria looked enormous in her black dress, as if she'd put on weight suddenly, but Madeleine and Sophia looked beautiful.

But I still think all three looked dreadful on the second day.

by Anonymousreply 77December 11, 2019 9:33 PM

R69 - Is that the Honeycomb Tiara?

by Anonymousreply 78December 11, 2019 10:19 PM

The Boucheron Honeycomb yes.

by Anonymousreply 79December 11, 2019 10:20 PM

R79 - Camilla seems to favour that one, and it does seem to suit the shape of her face. I would like to see Kate try on one of those that fan out at the sides, like the Honeycomb, rather than sticking with the Lover's Knot, as it accentuates a long face rather than providing width at the top. I get that given her ducal title (that is, her husband's) it's appropriate, but the Oriental Circlet might be nice . . . but as it's still worn by HM doubtful it would be loaned out.

by Anonymousreply 80December 11, 2019 10:32 PM

Finally some full length photos of Kate's dress (HELLO has a couple), very simple, very elegant, the polar opposite of last year's dress and the dress she wore to the Dutch State Banquet.

by Anonymousreply 81December 11, 2019 10:48 PM

What did Her Majesty wear tonight?

by Anonymousreply 82December 11, 2019 11:21 PM

Toby Maguire and Jennifer Meyer are divorced now?

by Anonymousreply 83December 12, 2019 2:48 AM

r82 Her Maj wore a white gown, with the emeralds version of the Vladimir tiara and the rarely seen massive Greville Emerald necklace, the latter set with what to my eye appears to be extra hanging Cambridge emeralds. She was literally dripping in them.

(yes r83 divorced for several years now).

by Anonymousreply 84December 12, 2019 3:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 12, 2019 3:29 AM

Where the heck is our tiara and jewelry guy? I need info on Catherine's little necklace and earrings.

by Anonymousreply 86December 12, 2019 4:07 AM

The necklace and earrings seem too ornate for the design of the dress. Something simpler and more refined would have been a better look, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 87December 12, 2019 4:22 AM

Check the DM link I posted above for Kate's priceless jewels lent by HM. The Nizam of Hyderabad's necklace was a wedding gift to Elizabeth from the Nizam of Hyderabad (a local king or governor of India, then one of the world's richest men) and is one of HM's favorites. HM lent it to Kate for tonight and it is the second or third time Kate has worn it.

The necklace gift originally included a matching tiara. HM eventually had the the tiara broken down and used the diamonds from it with her Burmese rubies to create her exquisite Burmese Ruby Tiara.

The two articles at The Court Jeweller blog have the best photos of this glistering diamonds set in platinum masterpiece, made by Cartier in 1935. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 12, 2019 5:05 AM

Check the DM link I posted above for Kate's priceless jewels lent by HM. The Nizam of Hyderabad's necklace was a wedding gift to Elizabeth from the Nizam of Hyderabad (a local king or governor of India, then one of the world's richest men) and is one of HM's favorites. HM lent it to Kate for tonight and it is the second or third time Kate has worn it.

The necklace gift originally included a matching tiara. HM eventually had the the tiara broken down and used the diamonds from it with her Burmese rubies to create her exquisite Burmese Ruby Tiara.

The two articles at The Court Jeweller blog have the best photos of this glistering diamonds set in platinum masterpiece, made by Cartier in 1935. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 12, 2019 5:05 AM

R41 understands neither the proper definition of "imprimatur" nor that of the phrase "begging the question," or rather, his weird variation thereof. But then, we are talking about someone who speculates on Meghan Markle, aren't we? Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 90December 12, 2019 6:16 AM

So that’s the coveted Vladimir, eh? It’s a doozy.

by Anonymousreply 91December 12, 2019 6:46 AM

R91 - Yes, that is the Vladimir and together with that necklace HM is dripping emeralds - it's a wonder that poor little old woman can walk with that shit on.

If it is true, which we really don't know, that Meghan asked for the Vladimir, it would have shown HM immediately what she was dealing with.

One day, Meghan is going to be watching Kate Middleton walking around in those things.

by Anonymousreply 92December 12, 2019 2:45 PM

I can see why MM wanted it. Most of her wedding decorations in the church were greenery so it would have gone with the theme. Strange she claimed not to know who Harry was but knew that tiara existed.

by Anonymousreply 93December 12, 2019 3:45 PM

The Queen was dripping in emeralds. Dripping, I say!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 12, 2019 3:50 PM

Interesting neckline on Kate's dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 12, 2019 3:51 PM

The Crown Jewels - Part Four.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 12, 2019 3:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 12, 2019 4:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 12, 2019 4:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 12, 2019 4:02 PM

R93 And green of course being synonymous with climate change and a general global progressive image. I may be stretching here, but emeralds would have been on brand, if in a somewhat ridiculous way.

by Anonymousreply 100December 12, 2019 6:03 PM

How many colonial slaves were subjected to back-breaking, hard and cruel labor to mine those emeralds leaving the country of origin in economic ruin?

by Anonymousreply 101December 12, 2019 6:38 PM

No, R93, I agree. I don't think she should have been allowed to wear it, but it would have been on brand and gone with the decor. It actually would have looked good on her olive skin. And with the dress, being as her dress was so plain. I can see how it would have pulled things together. Must have pissed her off.

by Anonymousreply 102December 12, 2019 6:48 PM

R102 I was stunned by that dress. All that money, all that effort, and...it was a tube. YAWN

by Anonymousreply 103December 12, 2019 8:04 PM

I think the tiara, earrings, necklace, orders, and sash brooch were too much. Since she had to wear the orders, sash, and tiara, going smaller on the necklace and earrings would have balanced the look.

by Anonymousreply 104December 12, 2019 9:55 PM

I still think Meghan wanted Eugenie's emerald tiara. The one Meghan wore was remarkably similar to Eugenie's minus the emeralds (which of course made all the difference). Eugenie's hadn't been seen in public in decades, but since she was planning to wear it and had been organizing her wedding around that shade of green (which showed up on the invites and in the bridesmaids' sashes), Meghan would have been in a position to know about it. I can't believe that even Meghan would have the balls to ask for the tiara of a reigning queen, but she'd definitely try to snatch Eug's tiara, having already snatched her wedding date. It WOULD have looked fantastic with her plain dress. No wonder she freaked when told she couldn't have it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 12, 2019 9:59 PM

R90

"If you give something your imprimatur, you give it your formal support or approval. An imprimatur is a fancy version of a thumbs-up sign.

Originally, an imprimatur was a license that permitted a book to be printed. This word still has the meaning of official or public approval."

Now, do tell us how forming a foundation as part of your work for the British Royal Family does not indicate "official approval" of same from the institution under whose auspices one founded the entity, and speculating about the legitimacy of using said name once separated from the institution that gave you the official approval for it in the first place?

"Beg the question Take for granted or assume the truth of the very thing being questioned. For example, Shopping now for a dress to wear to the ceremony is really begging the question-she hasn't been invited yet . This phrase, whose roots are in Aristotle's writings on logic, came into English in the late 1500s. In the 1990s, however, people sometimes used the phrase as a synonym of "ask the question" (as in The article begs the question: "What are we afraid of?")."

Very truly yours, Meghan Markle Speculator

by Anonymousreply 106December 12, 2019 10:53 PM

Yes, Eugenie's tiara would have been perfect for Meghan. The Vladimir was what the French call 'de trop.'

by Anonymousreply 107December 13, 2019 2:32 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 13, 2019 1:24 PM

Swipe for the life of Queen Elizabeth I - Part Two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 13, 2019 1:49 PM

Sophie Wessex at the Sandhurst Military Academy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 13, 2019 5:17 PM

Beautiful coat on Sophie - she and Pss. Mary of Denmark both recently wore coats in this beautiful colour - different in style but very similar in colour. True powder blue isn't that easy to find.

by Anonymousreply 111December 13, 2019 8:29 PM

Sophie is a very elegant woman. From everything I've read, over the years the queen has grown very close to her and Edward.

by Anonymousreply 112December 13, 2019 8:54 PM

Sophie doeys occasionally get it wrong, but generally I find her choices charming and even whimsical sometimes without being offensive. She looks as if she's comfortable in her own skin, and the Queen is allegedly very fond of her.

She's quite adventurous with hats, too - not always to the best effect, but at least she tries. Like Camilla, Sophie looks like she'd be fun to hoist a pint with.

by Anonymousreply 113December 14, 2019 2:48 PM

Apparently Camilla is a good cook.

Come to think of it, you never heard anything about Diana and cooking, not that she really had a chance to explore many pursuits in her life. It might’ve helped her to have something simple and down-to-earth to do other than being a global humanitarian icon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 14, 2019 3:30 PM

I don't know about Sophie. I've read that she's a rather stern and unthoughtful conservative harridan who likes her perks/privileges and makes sure that the help know who they are and who the working class failures are. I guess it's part of that middle class without class who treats the help badly because she doesn't know how to be grand or even better than herself,

but we do hope that royal-adjacent people aren't as stupid as they appear

by Anonymousreply 115December 14, 2019 3:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 14, 2019 4:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 14, 2019 4:56 PM

Swipe for the life of Mary, Queen of Scots - Part One.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 14, 2019 5:04 PM

I heard on Entertainment Tonight that this necklace loaned to Kate by the Queen is worth 91 million. Is that possible? I don't know if that is in pounds or dollars but it's definitely a WTF moment! Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 14, 2019 5:12 PM

According to R119's link, Cartier originally made the necklace with 5 (FIVE!!!) pendants, not just the one. (See the 2nd picture.)

The existing necklace (along with a tiara) were gifts to the Queen in 1947 when the Nizam gave the Queen permission to choose her own present from Cartier's stock.

by Anonymousreply 120December 14, 2019 5:35 PM

Swipe for a history of Prince Charles' residence, Clarence House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 14, 2019 7:12 PM

R116 - Eugenie was at that party too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 14, 2019 7:16 PM

An old photo of the Queen with her dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 14, 2019 7:18 PM

R116, Boris is not nearly as secretive as Trump. He parties with the Russian Oligarchs who have played a role in the UK's disruptions for the past 5 years or so.

by Anonymousreply 124December 14, 2019 7:22 PM

R115 = I'd love to know where you read that Sophie is a "conservative harridan" - maybe the same place you read that the Queen was quite fond of that overbearing Teuton, Pss. Michael?

by Anonymousreply 125December 14, 2019 8:36 PM

[quote][R115] = I'd love to know where you read that Sophie is a "conservative harridan"

Not R115, but I also recall reading the same. I think it may have been around the time of Gordon Brown's tenure. It was reported that Sophie made some nasty comments about Labour in a public setting that were overheard by a number of people. Rather a faux pas by a family that's supposed to be apolitical in appearances, at least.

The Wessexes are a bit of a cipher. Edward makes absolutely no waves after his production company disaster and Sophie has become the picture of perfect duty. However, she actually was first, long before Fergie, to offer the Royal family trough in exchange for personal gain for her PR business. (How someone who only went to secretarial school, like Fergie, and managed to become a principal in a high profile London PR firm is another matter altogether).

There are pictures in the press constantly of Sophie doing her sober duty (I guess the PR background helps) and has apparently become a favorite of the Queen. What's odd is that she's NEVER pictured with her husband. We never see anything about Edward's duties and appearances. The only significant thing I've read about Edward is that he is the least favorite royal among the Palace help and staff. He was known to order his chauffeur to always look straight ahead and not turn his head or make eye contact. Who knew? Maybe Edward is better at concealing his boorishness than Andrew is. Strangely enough, Philip was named as their favorite royal to work for. He may have flippancy issues, but he was well-liked among those who work for him. A cited example was that Philip attended the funeral of a long-serving staff member.

Yeah, Meghan could stand to take a tip or two from Sophie, an actual, real PR professional in her former life. She took a page from her own playbook and turned it all around. I suspect that many don't know about her attempt at influence peddling.

Yes, I know. Tl;dr.

by Anonymousreply 126December 14, 2019 10:41 PM

I demand attention by calling Meghan Markle, client of Sunshine Sacks, to actually be nice to old people, unwanted children in foster care, or even prostitutes on the street. Could someone please tell me how they got away with so much self-promoting as Meghan's trolling the U.S. for even more contributors to the @SussexRoyal Instagram without really acknowledging how the contributions might be disbursed unless into the Duchesses' profoundly deep murk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 15, 2019 4:45 AM

[quote] What the hell is Bea doing at a Russian oligarch's party celebrating the Conservative victory?

She hangs around with scum like this. She always has. So has her sister. The 2 of them have many shady friends, just like their dad does. They are just like their mother (only they don't speak out), but they will be friends with any type of trash as long as they can get a free vacation out of it. They go on cruises in the summer on russian oligarch's yachts

I can guarantee you that the 2 sisters have spent time at one of epstein's homes or somehow benefitted from money or gifts he's given them

by Anonymousreply 128December 15, 2019 1:15 PM

The guy whose party they went to owns the Evening Standard newspaper. He gives a glitzy party for all his celebrity "friends."

by Anonymousreply 129December 15, 2019 1:49 PM

Edward's allowed to be a snotty asshole to his staff: Many rich people are. If Andrew only shouted at those serving him, he could have gone on forever. It's not a felony to be a dick. It IS a felony to put your dick in trafficked young girls. Andrew won't see prison time for that, but he deserves to have his reputation in tatters and his Royal role permanently canceled.

by Anonymousreply 130December 15, 2019 2:04 PM

Actually, you usually see Sophie and Edward together at foreign royal weddings, where the couple are invariably sent to represent the BRF, as the Queen no longer does these, nor do Charles and Camilla. The exception seemed to be the Spanish wedding of then Crown Prince Felipe (now King) in 2004, when Charles attended, solo. But the Wessexes are the ones trotted off to the others.

But you're right, Edward is something of a cypher. I suspect Sophie is by far the more interesting of the two, which isn't unusual in those circles.

I don't recall the incident mentioned, but that would hardly turn her into a "conservative harridan", and perhaps someone in the crowd heckled her and she responded.

Generally, she seems to be received with nothing but warmth and praise. Her daughter is the new generation's serious horsewoman, by all accounts, which surely pleases the Queen and Philip, as Lady Louise also seems to share his interest in carriage driving.

To the other poster asking questions about how American contributions to a British foundation opened under the auspices of the British Royal Family play out in reality, you aren't the only one curious about that.

I'd wager a good bit that the DM and a few other media outlets have people quietly on it, digging for whatever they can find.

by Anonymousreply 131December 15, 2019 3:02 PM

Fergie never shuts her trap. She's repetitive, annoying and embarrassing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 15, 2019 5:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 15, 2019 6:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 15, 2019 6:18 PM

Swipe for the life of Mary, Queen of Scots - Part Two. The first part is @R118.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 15, 2019 6:23 PM

Before Meghan became engaged, someone asked her in an interview what traits she shares with her Suits character Rachel Zane. She said: she's ambitious and she loves shoes. Here is evidence of the latter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 15, 2019 6:25 PM

Zara and Mike Tindall at a cancer charity event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 15, 2019 6:27 PM

Swipe for photos of the stylish Princess Marina of Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 15, 2019 6:35 PM

Read the article again, r134. It says one of George's first words was simply MARY. I wonder if the DM was implying things between the lines. They are masters at that.

by Anonymousreply 139December 15, 2019 8:50 PM

R139 - the article was about Louis' first words.

by Anonymousreply 140December 15, 2019 8:56 PM

I stand corrected. I reread the article and "Mary Berry" was mentioned. The large type headline is

"One of Prince Louis's first words was 'Mary' thanks to his mother's love of Mary Berry and the Great British Bake Off, Kate Middleton reveals on Christmas special"

by Anonymousreply 141December 15, 2019 9:02 PM

He was probably talking about his brother.

by Anonymousreply 142December 15, 2019 9:04 PM

Zaara's clothes always look so cheap. That dress looks like something she'd get off the rack at T.J. Maxx (UK)

by Anonymousreply 143December 15, 2019 10:15 PM

R131 there's a little story in the Post today about the BRF's charity OFFICES in the US, and the exec director's $280,000 salary..

by Anonymousreply 144December 15, 2019 10:24 PM

I agree the fit on Zara's dress is terrible, and the fabric looks cheap. But she is the definition of a 'handsome' woman.

by Anonymousreply 145December 15, 2019 10:35 PM

Beatrice's wedding day will be announced in January. The queen has signed off for a suggested late spring date in 2020. But the wedding won't be anytime around 16-20 June so as to not conflict with the queen's favorite event, Royal Ascot.

by Anonymousreply 146December 15, 2019 11:45 PM

Kate with Mary Berry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 16, 2019 7:01 PM

The Mary Berry clip is lovely. I do wish, though, that Kate would cut back ever so slightly with the hand gestures when she speaks. All the younger Royals are like Italians in that regard. I prefer that prim old-school way of keeping hands down or behind back while talking.

by Anonymousreply 148December 16, 2019 7:30 PM

The incessant hand gesturing are for publicity shots, r148. Static postures do not make for "interesting" photos.

- DL Daily Mail Complaints Department

by Anonymousreply 149December 16, 2019 7:55 PM

R149 Ah.

by Anonymousreply 150December 16, 2019 8:25 PM

More with Mary Berry. It’s all very wonderful and wholesome and British. Still, I can’t help picturing what Queen Mary would think of the future king and queen mucking about in the kitchen like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 16, 2019 8:43 PM

Queen Mary would applaud them for doing what they need to do to improve the overall image of the family during tricky times.

The old bird was a realist: She supported the initiative to change the family name, after all, when it was called for during even trickier times.

by Anonymousreply 152December 16, 2019 9:15 PM

I'm not one of those people who obsessively hates Harry and Meghan or anything. I've got nothing against them, they seem nice enough and they're clearly in love. But I think they should learn from William and Kate's show with Mary Berry. I'm actually not a monarchist, but if we HAVE to have royals, this is the sort of role they should play. Much more palatable than a ridiculously rich couple talking about how hard their lives are. I think Harry lives in a bubble that blinds him to his privilege.

by Anonymousreply 153December 16, 2019 9:53 PM

Harry's problem is he's spoiled, petulant, and thicker than a plank. Exactly like his mother Diana, only he didn't get a quarter of her beauty or charisma.

by Anonymousreply 154December 16, 2019 10:13 PM

The Sussexes are still in the US or Canada. "Abroad", per sources, so that they will miss this week's BP Christmas party for family members.

Does anyone believe that Harry might be in rehab these past few weeks? It crossed my mind. (sorry Harry lovers - I don't hate the guy am just posting random gossipy thoughts).

by Anonymousreply 155December 16, 2019 10:35 PM

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they show up from their holiday looking 'refreshed.' Harry will suddenly, miraculously have more hair, and Meghan will be significantly slimmer and tighter.

by Anonymousreply 156December 16, 2019 10:44 PM

The thing with Meghan is, she's a creative type at heart, into self expression in every aspect of her life. But she joined a company that frowns upon that sort of thing to say the least, unless it's photography or watercolor painting. She's not going to settle for pressed-flower arranging, like Princess Grace.

by Anonymousreply 157December 16, 2019 10:54 PM

The only thing creative about Meghan is her backstory. When it comes to airbrushing her own past, she's more inspired than Picasso.

by Anonymousreply 158December 16, 2019 10:55 PM

The full Mary Berry Christmas special: Like R151 said, very wholesome and endearing. They come across golden in this. This is great PR, hear that Sunshine Sachs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 17, 2019 1:01 AM

[quote]Harry's problem is he's spoiled, petulant, and thicker than a plank. Exactly like his mother Diana, only he didn't get a quarter of her beauty or charisma.

The other problem is the manipulative knowing and zeroing in on the vulnerable and insipid Harry. And it worked out so well. Diana really was as think as short board about her intellect, but she did have a bit of a glue to work with. Harry's not so lucky despite thinking her Diana's wonderful, Saint status should be consigned to him and his wife, but it really doesn't work that way, especially as Harry and his bride decline to work for his own country. To stupid as the brain stems do not support their breathing, but others will step in to share and support their endeavors to make a bank out of them, the Sussexes' "name" and they way they tried to cash in. I think the away time from Sandringham is a good transition for them to just kind of fuck off from the UK and do justice to themselves, whatever that may be.

by Anonymousreply 160December 17, 2019 1:12 AM

The problem with Harry blowing off Christmas this year is that it might be his grandfather’s last.

by Anonymousreply 161December 17, 2019 1:48 AM

R161 I don’t know how he isn’t overcome with guilt. Both grandparents are on the edge of the mortal coil. Doesn’t he resent his missus a tiny bit for destroying that little tradtion for him?

by Anonymousreply 162December 17, 2019 2:17 AM

[quote]The problem with Harry blowing off Christmas this year is that it might be his grandfather’s last.

It will be his grandfather's last if Philip hears the news that Harry is blowing drag queens named Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 163December 17, 2019 2:36 AM

I agree that given his grandparents' age, the optics on Harry and Meghan choosing now to disappear, including with said grandparents' newest great-grandchild, whom TQ and Philip clearly are never going to get to know, is bad optics.

Doria Ragland, who really is Meghan's only family, appears to be in robust health and has many holidays before her, and the Sussexes could easily have spent time with her over their six-week "break" and joined the BRF briefly for public Christmas activity to keep the side up.

Frankly, I don't believe it was a "break" to "recharge their batteries" at all, but, in fact is a planning period, as well as a tacit acknowledgement that there is now a hostile chasm between the Sussexes and the rest of the family, who are just as happy not to have to pretend to a warmth and family bond that doesn't exist, thanks to Meghan Markle.

Having not shown up at Balmoral in the two summers of Meghan's membership in the BRF, skipped this year's Christmas celebrations, virtually accused the BRF publicly of coldness and indifference, embarrassed the family and undermined the Cambridges on their tour of Pakistan, and at the height of the Andrew criss leaked a couple of negative stories about Andrew and Kate (poor "unformed" Kate, it's amazing how successful she's been, isn't it?) at just the time the family expected at least silence) is it likely the Sussexes upon their return after New Year's, pursuing their lawsuit and, thus, still on a war footing with the UK press, will be warmly welcomed into the bosom of the family they have so blatantly disrespected?

by Anonymousreply 164December 17, 2019 3:36 PM

R164 - I do not think we know for sure if the Sussexes "blatantly disrespected" their family. We really have NO IDEA what is really going on. I personally would not want to be at Sandringham if if Andrew was there.

by Anonymousreply 165December 17, 2019 4:00 PM

Andrew is pretty busy at Sandringham right now r165. Sure you won't reconsider?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166December 17, 2019 4:12 PM

Meghan would be there, if it worked for her, if Genghis Khan were there. This break was planned before Andrew was removed from royal duties and not expected there for Christmas. She isn't not there because Andrew is there: she's not there because she's got better things to do with her time, and her disrespect for the BRF goes back quite a ways before the Andrew crisis broke.

by Anonymousreply 167December 17, 2019 5:05 PM

Agreed. Meghan Markle didn’t get to where she is today by being picky about the company she keeps. If she perceives that a situation will be beneficial to her, she’ll be there.

by Anonymousreply 168December 17, 2019 6:30 PM

The Sussexes opted out well before the Andrew mess erupted.

by Anonymousreply 169December 17, 2019 6:32 PM

Lady Gabriella Windsor modeling for Luisa Beccaria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 17, 2019 7:05 PM

My guess is, the Sussexes view the whole Royal Family thing as relatively provincial in the context of a grand, global humanitarian vision.

Such an interesting soap opera, what happens next?

by Anonymousreply 171December 17, 2019 7:06 PM

Charles opens a new Prince's Trust Centre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 17, 2019 7:06 PM

As we wait for the royal Christmas cards for this year, here is the lovely one from 1996 of the Queen and Prince Philip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 17, 2019 7:22 PM

Prince Edward's son James is 12 years old today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 17, 2019 7:25 PM

[quote]Prince Edward's son James is 12 years old today.

Enjoy your hair while you got it, kid. Even though male pattern baldness comes through the mother, those nasty Windsor genes will override all others.

by Anonymousreply 175December 17, 2019 7:55 PM

He got the flyaway Windsor ears, but it seems as if his parents were wise enough to get them pinned.

by Anonymousreply 176December 17, 2019 8:27 PM

Prince Charles doing the weather in Scotland, 2012.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 17, 2019 10:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 18, 2019 1:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 18, 2019 1:24 PM

A good-looking family that would be great looking if only Wills still had hair.

by Anonymousreply 180December 18, 2019 2:53 PM

William was devastatingly handsome when he had hair. He is starting to look good again. I'm not quite sure why. I think it's because he's been working out and looks so incredibly.....fit.

by Anonymousreply 181December 18, 2019 3:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 18, 2019 4:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 18, 2019 4:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184December 18, 2019 4:39 PM

Prince Louis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185December 18, 2019 4:49 PM

The Three Cambridge children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 18, 2019 4:54 PM

The Queen's bracelet collection. There are some gorgeous pieces here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 18, 2019 4:55 PM

Ooh, Charlotte looks like she’s decided she hates the photographers.

by Anonymousreply 188December 18, 2019 4:56 PM

Let's hope Prince Louis will grow into his ears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 18, 2019 5:05 PM

Will and Kate on the cover of People magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 18, 2019 5:09 PM

Kate wore a festive red plaid dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 18, 2019 5:11 PM

Eugenie and Jack look happy. And Jack is wearing his glasses!

Louis has gotten so big - another one with blond hair.

Imagine showing up at your relative's Christmas do with crowds of people photographing you in your car as you arrive.

by Anonymousreply 192December 18, 2019 5:13 PM

It seems like the Cambridges are being shoved out front and foremost as the future of the Firm. Smart marketing.

by Anonymousreply 193December 18, 2019 5:16 PM

I wonder if that "dog collar" choker was very comfortable to wear for Diana?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 18, 2019 5:18 PM

It looks like Camilla can't be bothered to do her hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 18, 2019 5:19 PM

Little did Mummy know what an first class disgrace her cute boy would become later in life. A grave disappointment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196December 18, 2019 5:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197December 18, 2019 5:24 PM

[quote] Bea will marry in early June

We'll see

R186, those kids look miserable

by Anonymousreply 198December 18, 2019 5:33 PM

Of course Eug is happy! She gets to climb that cutie Jack whenever she wants.

by Anonymousreply 199December 18, 2019 5:47 PM

I was outside BP today and realized the arrivals were pending. It was easy to get a good spot. I saw a lot of them. Saw Prince George but didn't realize William was driving. In any event they all drive either Jags or Range Rovers.

by Anonymousreply 200December 18, 2019 6:13 PM

Where is DL's patroness, PrinCESS Michael of Kent? What will her brooch tell us about her mood?

by Anonymousreply 201December 18, 2019 6:15 PM

Jaguar gives the BRF courtesy vehicles.

by Anonymousreply 202December 18, 2019 6:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 18, 2019 7:32 PM

fwiw, there were far more Range Rovers.

by Anonymousreply 204December 18, 2019 7:33 PM

Meghan's shoe collection - Part Two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 18, 2019 7:35 PM

Charlotte inherited her great-grandmother's RBF, which SHE inherited from HER grandmother. They can't help it: Unless they are smiling broadly, their features just fall into grumpy lines.

by Anonymousreply 206December 18, 2019 8:00 PM

R206 - If Charlotte also inherited her great-grandmother's exquisite complexion, the genetic trade-off will be well worth it.

As all young children have smooth skin, we won't know till Charlotte hits her teens.

by Anonymousreply 207December 18, 2019 8:29 PM

If Charlotte is fortunate, she'll have her HM's complexion and her mother's hair and height. Looking as much like HM as she does, she still won't be gorgeous, but she'll be quite attractive. For a Royal princess, attractive is automatically upgraded to hot.

by Anonymousreply 208December 18, 2019 8:40 PM

R197, Yes. Her reputation was already rehabilitated before this (to me, at least) but I don't know how anyone who reads that article wouldn't fall in love with her.

by Anonymousreply 209December 19, 2019 12:27 AM

R195 I think Camilla's hair is pretty. It's a good grey-blonde, nice and thick and shiny.

by Anonymousreply 210December 19, 2019 4:30 AM

In R186's photo Charlotte looks just like Missy in Young Sheldon.

I don't think it's the photographers. Look how pained George appears.

by Anonymousreply 211December 19, 2019 12:49 PM

R208 - You never know, Charlotte may, especially given she is likely to be tall, also have inherited her late grandmother's legendary legs.

Imagine that: the Queen's skin, Kate's hair, her parents' height . . . and Diana's legs.

by Anonymousreply 212December 19, 2019 1:46 PM

Those kids have Diana’s upward gaze.

by Anonymousreply 213December 19, 2019 2:55 PM

R191 Great dress. I love when the Royals wear tartans.

by Anonymousreply 214December 19, 2019 2:56 PM

Catherine was being festive, but also being MOM, in her red plaid festive MOM dress. Hi, Catherine Being Mom!

by Anonymousreply 215December 19, 2019 3:25 PM

Charlotte's nickname in preschool was "Warrior Princess".

I suspect it fits. Formidable?

Given the "You're not coming." comment at Louis's Christening.

Perhaps she takes after her great-great-great-grandmother, Queen Mary.

by Anonymousreply 216December 19, 2019 3:31 PM

R187 - Thank you Bracelet Troll! Please keep up the good work!

by Anonymousreply 217December 19, 2019 5:27 PM

R217 - you're welcome!

Only the Brits think of such things...The Imperial State Crown, the Sword of State and the Cap of Maintenance have their own car with their own police escort. Hilarious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218December 19, 2019 5:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219December 19, 2019 5:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 19, 2019 5:59 PM

Princess Charlotte.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221December 19, 2019 6:07 PM

Prince George is not amused either. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 19, 2019 6:09 PM

The son looks like the HUSBAND of his mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223December 19, 2019 6:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 19, 2019 7:29 PM

Bea and Edo at their engagement party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 19, 2019 7:37 PM

Clever Bea to take advantage of the press' fixed gaze on the Queen's staf luncheon and hold her engagement party that same evening.

Edo clearly is standing by the family and his beloved and going through with it.

Charlotte looks very pretty in that photo. You can never tell till the duckling phase is past but I'm guessing she's going to be more than quite attractive.

Ditto her two brothers.

When the Cambridge kids hit their teens, the press will be all over them like a bad rash. No one will give a tinker's curse about the Sussexes or their (presumably) two kids.

by Anonymousreply 226December 19, 2019 8:07 PM

Robert DeNiro was at the engagement party.

by Anonymousreply 227December 20, 2019 12:56 AM

Anne needs some advice on hair care. I am so frustrated with her. She also needs serious skin care regimen. No excuse for the way she looks. She has a decent figure, and her taste in clothes isn't too awful, if she could just get her shit together with facials, moisturizers, proper make up, and yes....her teeth. It had to be said. And that electrified frizzed up pompadore on her head has to go. She needs highlights, she needs keratin treatments, she needs grooming. Like her fucking horses.

by Anonymousreply 228December 20, 2019 1:08 AM

Hear, hear, R228. Anne really isn't that far off from that spoof character in the Windsors. Her mother looks better than she does.

by Anonymousreply 229December 20, 2019 1:25 AM

Anne doesn't care, which is part of her appeal.

by Anonymousreply 230December 20, 2019 1:25 AM

Well she needs to care. Wen she's sitting next to Mummy she looks like her sister. And when your 95 and your daughter looks llike your sister, it's a problem.

by Anonymousreply 231December 20, 2019 1:30 AM

Nooo, Anne mustn’t change a thing!

by Anonymousreply 232December 20, 2019 2:29 AM

Anne is almost 70 years old, and the Princess Royal. She doesn't need fucking keratin treatments.

by Anonymousreply 233December 20, 2019 2:33 AM

(sigh.) I have a feeling I'm talking to a bunch of fraus who don't even know what keratin is and their hair is worse than Anne's. They probably still use AquaNet.

by Anonymousreply 234December 20, 2019 2:54 AM

r234, So any advice for bald guys?

by Anonymousreply 235December 20, 2019 2:58 AM

Work out so you can have a body like William, R235.

by Anonymousreply 236December 20, 2019 9:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237December 20, 2019 3:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238December 20, 2019 3:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 20, 2019 3:10 PM

The Christmas card of Charles and Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240December 20, 2019 3:15 PM

Bringing Philip back to London does not look good. If the Queen comes back too, I'd say there's a problem.

by Anonymousreply 241December 20, 2019 3:16 PM

We'll get another photo from the Cambridges this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 20, 2019 3:24 PM

Diana's sparkler up close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243December 20, 2019 3:26 PM

The Sussexes are missing in action this year but they believe that people need reminding that they were around last Christmas. Here's a look down memory lane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244December 20, 2019 3:31 PM

Swipe for a history of Kensington Palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245December 20, 2019 3:40 PM

R231 - Anne could really do much-much better with only a little extra effort. However, I respect the hell out of the Prince Royal and if she does not want to put in any extra effort in the grooming department then so be it.

by Anonymousreply 246December 20, 2019 3:45 PM

Posting photos from a year ago (must every little thing that happened a year ago be celebrated?) just reminds people that the Sussexes haven't done anything worthy of celebrating this year. They botched Archie's birth, and they touched the South African tour. Totting out Meghan in a too-tight dress sticking out her tongue at an old folk's home followed at the very end by one photo of Harry as an afterthought ain't doing them any PR favors. They are just idiots.

by Anonymousreply 247December 20, 2019 3:45 PM

Sussexes wonder why they are disliked, when they pull out photos of a couple of hour long gigs for the royal variety over a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 248December 20, 2019 4:06 PM

R248 - Are you from the UK or are you an American who the closest you been to England is the Deluxe Edition Box Set of Downton Abbey?

by Anonymousreply 249December 20, 2019 5:26 PM

Meghan's visit to the nursing home was only remarkable the first time because of the ill-fitting, out-of-season dress she wore and the awkward exchange she had with one of the residents about her pregnancy. Interesting PR move to dredge it up again. The photo of Harry smiling is nice though.

by Anonymousreply 250December 20, 2019 8:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 20, 2019 9:17 PM

What I find so puzzling about the Sussexes reviving insipid memories of what they did a year ago, and anniversaries of their engagement day and her visit to the Hub Kitchen, is their oblivousness to how awkward and lame these "reminders" are, especially in the UK.

The Sussexes, or their PR, or both, have a startling gift for making gestures that suggest the opposite of what they want the gestures to indicate.

H&M: "Look - remember us? See how wonderful we were? See how much memorable work we did?!"

UK Public: "Whut?"

by Anonymousreply 252December 20, 2019 10:07 PM

That Santa video is embarrassing to watch. Harry comes off as a drunk, sad-sack Santa. And bringing up how important families are and that parents will never be forgotten? Irony is just lost on those two fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 253December 20, 2019 10:45 PM

The "anniversary" recognition is very much something that's done by the average person who's very into social media. I'm quite sure Meghan would be posting many more personal images, and much more often, if only she didn't have to somewhat restrain herself.

by Anonymousreply 254December 20, 2019 10:51 PM

And that was the cheapest looking Santa suit I’ve ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 255December 20, 2019 10:51 PM

I dunno...I have to think Harry is sincere in his support of this organization. But that video has a cheap, throwaway quality to it. Everything is "amazing." He's really picking up his wife's LA-speak. Ah well, maybe the kids liked it, I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 256December 20, 2019 10:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 21, 2019 2:33 PM

^skiing

by Anonymousreply 258December 21, 2019 2:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259December 21, 2019 2:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260December 21, 2019 2:42 PM

Glamorous Diana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 21, 2019 2:57 PM

Liz Taylor chats with the Queen Mum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262December 21, 2019 3:00 PM

Charles and Anne dancing on a beach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263December 21, 2019 3:02 PM

What will the New Year bring? The Cambridges will undertake two foreign tours and launch three high profile campaigns in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264December 21, 2019 3:06 PM

I've been watching the documentary The Windsors, and one that that made my ears prick up is that George VI while still Albert was made Duke of York when he married Elizabeth (the future Queen Mum). Did the Queen make Andrew, her favorite son, Duke of York in homage to her father? Asking the elite DL British historians. If so, the shame he's brought to his grandfather's memory in addition of course to the immediate shame to the living family members.

by Anonymousreply 265December 21, 2019 3:18 PM

I had forgotten that Zara bagged herself a rugby player for a husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 21, 2019 3:43 PM

R265 the Duke of York is the traditional title for "the spare"

by Anonymousreply 267December 21, 2019 3:47 PM

Thanks, R267.

by Anonymousreply 268December 21, 2019 3:59 PM

Random, but has Harry ever even been in Los Angeles? Las Vegas, we know. In any case, he must be curious about his wife's hometown.

by Anonymousreply 269December 21, 2019 4:09 PM

Glad you asked. Harry's last visit to Vegas, r269.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 21, 2019 4:14 PM

When in Vegas.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 21, 2019 4:15 PM

Since Andrew is without sons, it's been speculated that Duke of York will be reserved for Prince Louis.

by Anonymousreply 272December 21, 2019 4:17 PM

I was going to ask that, R272, but forgot. Thanks. One wonders if Andrew will go the way Margaret did and clock out early.

by Anonymousreply 273December 21, 2019 4:28 PM

yeesh, did anyone read the piece at r260? These aristocratic people seem so out of touch. Some of my favorite lines:

"Early in 1971 Princess Margaret invited me to be one of her Ladies in Waiting — I continued in the role for almost three decades — and every Christmas she held a tea party for us all at the Stone Hall in Kensington Palace where a wonderful tree would be decked out with parcels underneath. Some of her gifts were thoughtful and generous. However she also recycled her handbags, giving away ones she’d obviously rejected after several uses. She also liked to buy things that were robustly functional and practical, and I’ll never forget the look on the face of poor Jean Wills, another of her Ladies in Waiting, when Princess Margaret presented her with a loo brush for Christmas, declaring, ‘I notice you didn’t have one of these when I came to stay.’ Jean looked mortified. Of course she had a loo brush. She’d just hidden it — as you would — when Princess Margaret had visited."

"Not having such an elevated title, my husband, alas, came right at the bottom of the heap. ‘You can walk with the beaters, Colin,’ decreed my father. Colin was livid, but, with rare self-control, somehow managed to subdue any visible signs of anger. My father always thought Colin’s family — whose vast wealth and industrial dynasty was founded on their creation of bleaching powder in 1799 — were ‘tradesmen’ and rather beneath him."

Meanwhile Colin’s West Indian friend Basil — whom he’d discovered in a ditch some years earlier after he’d fallen off his motorbike — acted as Father Christmas. Basil ran Mustique’s first bar — it is still there today, as is Basil — and he was happy to dress up in a red suit and don a huge false beard, to the delight of our children. He’d arrive in a boat (not a sleigh), tethering it at his bar, which stands on stilts in the water.

I am 87 now, and this Christmas will be infinitely calmer and quieter. I will spend it in my modest Norfolk home — my late husband having left most of his estate, on his death in 2010, to a West Indian friend called Kent (but that’s another story).

by Anonymousreply 274December 22, 2019 11:26 PM

NOOOOO!!!!

Oh, you just mean the title, R272.

by Anonymousreply 275December 23, 2019 1:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276December 23, 2019 3:29 AM

That lady is not Scobie in the video. Her comments seem flattering to the Cambridges.

by Anonymousreply 277December 23, 2019 1:39 PM

Princess Margaret in the 1960's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278December 23, 2019 3:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 23, 2019 7:28 PM

Swipe for the life of Lord Snowdon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280December 23, 2019 7:34 PM

R280 - They didn't show us a photo of his most striking physical attribute, anecdotally the one responsible for his extraordinary success in those circles with both men and women.

by Anonymousreply 281December 24, 2019 2:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282December 25, 2019 1:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 25, 2019 1:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 25, 2019 1:40 PM

George looks worried as usual during the Christmas walk, but Charlotte is a STAH, darlings.

by Anonymousreply 285December 25, 2019 1:42 PM

Cute kids, but making a four-year-old hug strangers and accept their gifts, yech. Yes I know, bah humbug.

by Anonymousreply 286December 25, 2019 1:50 PM

They may as well get used to it now. Hugging strangers and accepting their gifts is going to pay for the incredibly luxurious lifestyle they'll lead the rest of their days.

by Anonymousreply 287December 25, 2019 1:52 PM

A handshake (wearing gloves) is fine. I can't stand the hugging. Thanks a lot, Diana.

by Anonymousreply 288December 25, 2019 1:55 PM

Happy 83rd birthday to Princess Alexandra of Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289December 25, 2019 1:57 PM

A video of Charlotte who was the star of the show. She did very well for a four-year-old on her first walkabout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 25, 2019 2:00 PM

The Royals leaving church.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291December 25, 2019 2:01 PM

Kate had a green dress on underneath her coat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 25, 2019 2:10 PM

Actually, the woman in the wheelchair apparently reached for her and said, "Give me a hug," and Charlotte, with a bit of hesitation, obliged. Charlotte didn't start out to hug the woman.

It's definitely the photo op of the walk, and the Sussexes, as usually, totally blew it by leaving the field to the Cambridges and their adorable children.

Kate looks fabulous. Note that Edo was there with Beatrice, he's clearly not running off, as were Eugenie and her husband, and the Wessexes, and Anne, looking slightly butch as usual in a quasi-military coat and hat in a lovely shade of purple.

The Queen looked fantastic in red with that enormous diamond brooch on her left shoulder.

All in all, the underlying message was, Who needs the Sussexes? We don't.

by Anonymousreply 293December 25, 2019 2:12 PM

The who?

Princess Charlotte is going through a bit of a holding-onto-Mum's-skirts phase, from what I can see. Not sure whether she's just got shy, or whether it's fear of getting it wrong with all eyes on her. She has always been dutiful, but when very small that just consisted of waving when told, etc. Now she's of an age where she can see she could muff it, and it's causing her to shrink back till given instructions. (She's probably been going through Aunt Meghan's press.)

R293 is right - the woman in the wheelchair smiled and held out her arms to Charlotte, creating a little pocket of reassurance (at the right level for a child) in a seething crowd.

P.S. Every time I see the Cambridge kids at formal events now I think of the words of this DL wit (not me) and chuckle: "Kate is creating 'working' clothes for them, which must also help with behavior: they'd know that when they're dressed like the ghosts of children who died in the War, it's time to behave and wave to the cameras."

by Anonymousreply 294December 26, 2019 11:08 AM

I wonder just how many pictures this thread has been spammed with now. Its easily got to be over 100. I have to log out to read it without all these annoying links slowing my comouter down.

by Anonymousreply 295January 1, 2020 6:52 PM

I wonder just how many pictures this thread has been spammed with now. Its easily got to be over 100. I have to log out to read it without all these annoying links slowing my comouter down.

by Anonymousreply 296January 1, 2020 6:52 PM

Prince Philip is topping the 2020 Death List. For profession he's listed as "casual racist." Someone had a sense of humor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 2, 2020 1:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!