Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Toronto vs. Chicago

Which city do you prefer? I love the diversity of Toronto (comparable to NYC), healthcare, islands and greenery. For Chicago, I love the architecture (skyscrapers and row houses), the lakefront, museums, Lincoln Park (the park), Chicago River and history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2019 1:00 PM

Toronto all the way

It's not a good comparison though. Toronto is like NYC and LA in one.

Montreal would be like SF and Seattle

Calgary and Edmonton are like Houston

Chicago is like Winnipeg or Saskatoon.

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2019 1:39 PM

I prefer the size meat in Montreal.

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2019 1:41 PM

R1, how so? Not getting the La and NYC bit for Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2019 1:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2019 1:45 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2019 3:04 PM

Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2019 3:19 PM

Toronto is NYC without the rats, roaches, dirty subways, and arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2019 3:45 PM

Or without all the great museums, theaters, stadiums, and historic sights. Fuck outta here, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2019 3:47 PM

Toronto is a classless city of mongrels.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Toronto is the New York City--of Canada.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2019 3:48 PM

I don't like Toronto citizens. Sorry. They think their shit doesn't stink but are actually incredibly thin-skinned and provincial.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2019 3:49 PM

Ottawa men have the sweetest tasting anuses in all of Canada.

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2019 3:51 PM

What are the holes of Nova Scotia like?

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2019 3:52 PM

R11, Torontoans are more likely than other Canadians to self-righteously define Canada as "Not America!".

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2019 4:20 PM

Chicago also has amazing museums, IMHO a better selection than any other city in quality, not in quantity. Not to mention amazing food from all cultures - I wouldn't think it is really any less diverse than NYC.

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2019 5:01 AM

Toronto is a grey bore. Their biggest attraction is a mall. Chicago sucks too. No character. NYC and Boston are America’s only cities.

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2019 5:06 AM

I love both of them, but Chicago tires me these days -- some really smart people left them a legacy, but today they can't seem to solve anything and the smart people leave; and, Toronto, well, they made a lot of mistakes when they were run by the skinflint rich - their infrastructure sucks - and they have made progress but they have a long way to go.

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2019 5:19 AM

I don't find Toronto anything like L.A., and it's only like N.Y. in its dreams. (Although it does have rats, roaches, and bedbugs.)

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2019 5:21 AM

All cities are sort of looking the same now. Cheap money is bringing about continuity in "adventure". That being said Chicago's alley system will be the key to its lasting allure.

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2019 5:33 AM

Watching Turkey Lurkey on YouTube on repeat, and didn't click my link. Apologies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2019 5:34 AM

R17, I think Lori Lightfoot is actually doing a good job running the city, I like her much better than Rahm. She has a no-nonsense attitude.

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2019 12:57 PM

R15, 20% of Chicago is foreign-born versus the 37% or so in NYC and 45%(I think) in Toronto. This isn't to say Chicago isn't diverse, it is very much so, just not in comparison to those two other cities. I think Chicago will need to somehow attract more immigrants from elsewhere. If the pension crisis is averted and Chicago can get its credit rating restored, maybe it can happen.

by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2019 1:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!