Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My boyfriend of 8 months hit me and left me on the side of the highway

I forgot my rule about not getting into a car with him behind the wheel as he is prone to driving erratically and dangerously and I needed to get to the bank. He's driving stupidly in our residential area and almost pulls out in front of a car on my side. When we get on the highway my survival instinct kicks in around the 110 mph mark and I couldn't help but scream and plead for him to slow down considering he's in the far right lane with several cars around-- which he did, eventually, to take several open and close fisted pops to my face while still driving. I'm crying and telling him to let me out of the car, which he does after striking me again across the face with his entire forearm. He's 6'5. When I get out of the car and tell him I'm finished he throws a drink at me and speeds off.

When I eventually get home he's packed most of his things into his car. No apology whatsoever, just deliberate taunting --"Yeah it happened, stop being a little bitch about it." He's threatened to hit me before but never actually proceeded. We both have mental health issues and are prone to explosive bouts-- but I naively assumed there was a line.

I just started a new job that I hate and will probably not be going in to today because I feel like I'm in a total state still. Tragically, this has been my most successful relationship to date. Now he is ludicrously demanding some trivial items he left behind which I don't feel particularly obligated to mail to him considering the circumstances. When I say trivial I mean a stuffed toy and a couple shirts. Has anyone been in this situation before? What do I do now?

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2019 11:23 PM

Go to work. We'll talk about it later. You need that job.

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2019 8:42 AM

Throw his shit away, and go to work in the morning. Block his number, and then delete all his contact info from your stuff.

Never contact him again. He's going to kill himself and anyone nearby, one of these days.

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2019 8:52 AM

уσυ тєα¢н ρєσρℓє нσω тσ тяєαт уσυ - unfortunately the only thing I would do in this situation would be to delete this unhinged freak from my life. Not only did his actions cross the line but his complete lack of remorse is a bad sign for the future. I’m sorry you deal with mental/mood issues but it’s a long life so do yourself a favor and cut him out. As far as his stuffy and shirts go, I would donate them to the nearest waste basket

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2019 9:08 AM

Meh.

5/100.

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2019 9:09 AM

Taylor ? Is that you honey ? Grab your ' artist of the decade ' award and RUN gurl

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2019 9:14 AM

He should have run you over.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2019 9:16 AM

R6 Probably.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2019 9:19 AM

6’5 sounds delicious. Is his cock proportional?

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2019 9:19 AM

Pic of the hot bf OP, or it never happened

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2019 9:21 AM

Not really the best topic for collaborative fiction.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2019 9:22 AM

Op deserved it. Whiny bitch.

I'm team abusive boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2019 9:31 AM

I already regret posting this due to the fact that it's 100% non-fiction.

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2019 9:38 AM

Forget it, Jake. It's Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2019 9:43 AM

What kind of drink?

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2019 9:47 AM

Good for him! R6 is correct. Definitely should have run your ass over.

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2019 9:48 AM

[quote] What kind of drink?

Hopefully, it was scalding hot coffee!

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2019 9:51 AM

R11 Serious question; does one of these incidents make him an 'abusive boyfriend?' He had one solitary freak out that got physical, but repeatedly has disregarded my comfort and safety when he drives. Can it be forgiven? Not that he's apologized.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2019 9:52 AM

Team abusive BF here as well

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2019 9:54 AM

And the winner for Best Picture is... R13 FOR LA LA LAND!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 10:00 AM

Yes, you do have mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2019 10:07 AM

[I forgot my rule about not getting into a car with him behind the wheel]

JFC. Grow up. Get help. You're not mature enough for a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2019 10:08 AM

R21 Clearly something about this post got under your skin. Are you a dangerous driver that terrifies your partner (or more likely your 4 dogs) when you drive?

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2019 10:14 AM

Your boyfriend did nothing wrong

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2019 10:17 AM

Did it feel like a kiss?

by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2019 10:33 AM

Dump him. Dump him. Dump him.

by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2019 10:39 AM

OP, don’t go into work battered, with visible bruising, lacerations, etc. NOT a good look, or idea.

Go to a doctor, and get a doctor to place you on immediate, temporary time off. Ask for tips on healing ASAP, so that you can return to work.

If this is real, you need therapy, because asking us what to do makes zero sense. Box at a gym, not in a car, with your face as a punching bag.

ZERO tolerance for abuse, OP. That’s a golden rule for all adults who have two brain cells, a cell phone, and their own cash or credit card.

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2019 11:10 AM

Don't listen to r26. Go to work like the others have said.

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2019 11:21 AM

[quote]Serious question; does one of these incidents make him an 'abusive boyfriend?' He had one solitary freak out that got physical, but repeatedly has disregarded my comfort and safety when he drives. Can it be forgiven? Not that he's apologized.

Don't be a fucking pussy. You're scared of driving with him, he threatens to pop you, and at some point he will kill you.

Grow some lady balls, go to work and be grateful to be alive in this world without him,

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2019 12:35 PM

[quote]does one of these incidents make him an 'abusive boyfriend?'

Of this magnitude? Yes.

Ignore the people saying you "taught" him to treat you this way. Let him go, keep your job, don't take him back. Change your locks and consult a lawyer if you can, at least consider getting a restraining order. Find a forum online and post your story, there are plenty of women out there with tons of advice to give on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2019 12:42 PM

A little off topic, but why are you living with some you have only known for eight months?

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2019 1:07 PM

Muriel, can this thread please be deleted? I'll cough up for the contributor fee if so. Please and thanks.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2019 4:02 PM

Honey, just try here, they'll set you on the right track.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2019 5:32 PM

R32 Hell no. Muriel please delete this thread.

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2019 5:41 PM

At least you have a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2019 5:52 PM

[quote]Tragically, this has been my most successful relationship to date.

And what did your least successful relationship entail, OP? I'm all ears here.

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2019 6:05 PM

OP walk out the door and keep on walking

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2019 6:09 PM

Seriously, you better get your ass to work.

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2019 6:21 PM

One year from now, this will be a distant memory. Cut off all interactions with him and focus on getting healthy. Oh, and fuck his stuffed animal. He lost custody of it when he hit you.

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2019 6:31 PM

I don’t believe this story for a second.

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2019 6:34 PM

-1000/1000

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2019 6:42 PM

You should beg his forgiveness, OP. What’s a little tiff? So he was joyriding, so what. He’s a man & that’s what men do to get a little pleasure out of life. Think of it as a stress reliever. So here he is trying to relieve some stress and you start screaming like a crazed looney? Of course that’s going to startle him. It’s going to make him even more stressed out. It’s going to sound threatening to him, like an animal squeaking.

Wear something sexy and prepare his favorite dinner for him and hand him a nice martini with a big, juicy olive when he comes home. Wear some concealer so you don’t look like a big old mess.. Tell him you’re sorry and you want to make it right for him.

Whatever you do, don’t think of coming back here to live. I’ve got enough problems with your brother & sister complaining about my new boyfriend's smoking habit. They’d better stop hassling him or he’s going to get mad at them and that’s the last thing I need.

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2019 6:48 PM

I'm thinking of mailing him the stuffed animal back with aggressive driving class info/anger management resources. If you can think of anything more catty to send him I'm open to suggestions.

Going to work now.

Oh and Muriel, please delete this thread.

Thanks for the solid advice and entertainment

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2019 7:06 PM

Would it have killed you to have at least posted a picture or link OP? Would it? I mean would that have really been so hard? Would it? Why don’t you try to think more of others next time before you post? What's your problem? I mean really, what's your damn problem?

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2019 7:22 PM

"He had one solitary freak out that got physical, but repeatedly has disregarded my comfort and safety when he drives. Can it be forgiven?"

No. What you describe was dangerous, illegal, and is absolutely unforgiveable.

Throw his shit away and have NO further contact with him. None. Change your locks, block his phone numbers, don't send him stupid catty gifts. Just get him out of your life and keep him out.

by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2019 7:30 PM

Don't go to work OP. All the boomers will mock you. "The first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club."

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2019 7:32 PM

This is the same damn queen that comes on here every week with a new story of being beaten by his “man”. Half of you dumb asses actually fall for this and give some sappy directive the other half recognizes this butthole breath for the rough sex fantasy loving EST writer he is.

OP there are plenty of nice gay men out there who are into really rough sex and will beat the absolute shit out you. You don’t have to come here for the fantasy of everybody feeling sorry for you. You can have it for real!! Think how great it will be to sit in your living room with a cast on your broken arm and big sunglasses to hide your black eye while your friends just sit there and shake their heads in pity. Then your man comes home from work and you jump up so happy so to see him!! Kissing him as he forces you to give him a hand job with your broken arm in front of your friends.

Isn’t that better than an EST on DL?

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2019 7:34 PM

Frankly I am impressed that he refrained from hitting you for eight months.

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2019 7:51 PM

Lol, R47.

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2019 7:53 PM

Abusive relationships always get worse, never better. Google "Cycle of Abuse". I stayed in one and ended up needing group therapy to finally let go. The sex was the best I've had in my life so imagine how hard it was to give it up. But I did. Good luck OP.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2019 8:01 PM

R42 Oh, I would send the stuff animal back, after I dismembered it with industrial shears.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2019 9:23 PM

He sounds like a keeper!

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2019 9:45 PM

Love doesn't hurt

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2019 10:26 PM

Trashy people's problems.

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2019 10:27 PM

Some people need to be hit.

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2019 10:28 PM

R46, I ended a decades long friendship with someone that sounds exactly like OP.

I accept full responsibility for being the idiot who listened to her bitch and most about yet another abuser in her life.

I can’t imagine getting the shit beat out of me, and wondering: Gee, what should I do next?

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2019 7:25 AM

I think we can assume OP is a Bottom

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2019 7:33 AM

Comme ça?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2019 7:54 AM

OP = Spaz Troll

by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2019 8:10 AM

Update! We're back together

Jealous, Bitches?

by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2019 2:33 PM

Wow! What a coward.

by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2019 3:28 PM

R30 I agree. I saw a guy for 2 years and another 4 years. Never considered living with either.

by Anonymousreply 61December 10, 2019 3:39 PM

Hot top should beat sissy slutty bottom once in a while.

it keeps bottom's drama in check

by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2019 3:39 PM

R62 you're SICK

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2019 3:41 PM

R63 = sissy bottom

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2019 3:46 PM

OP is Pauley Perrette

by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2019 3:55 PM

[quote] Update! We're back together. Jealous, Bitches?

Told you all that the op deserved to be hit.

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2019 11:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!