Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does this look like genuine Garnet to you?

I think I paid $11.29 for square red glass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2019 3:47 AM

Yes, it does.

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2019 2:03 AM

Thanks R1.

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2019 2:05 AM

"Almandine Garnet is a strong regenerative healing crystal bringing strength and stamina. It helps to absorb iron in the intestines, stimulates the eyes, and treats the liver and pancreas. [Hall, 137][Melody, 105] It stimulates circulation and metabolism, and aids in all blood related issues."

Huh. Didn't know that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2019 2:07 AM

Wouldn't etsy protect you if it's fake? They don't have any kind of buyer protection like eBay?

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2019 2:08 AM

What in the world would you want that for? It seems like such a useless doodad. And it's supposed to have "healing" qualities? What hokum!

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2019 2:09 AM

R4 Looks they do have strong policies regarding the authenticity of the products sold on their site. And people would complain to them immediately if vendors were selling fakes so, yes, I believe Etsy does protect buyers from fraud.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2019 2:12 AM

R5 Weren't you on the Canada thread and the Tootie thread? (I love your sense of humor.)

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2019 2:13 AM

I assure you R5 this is neither a doodad or hokum!

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2019 2:14 AM

Yeah, R5, it's one of them thingamabob, do-hickey, whatchamacallits

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2019 2:17 AM

"Almandine is a stone that is known for its dark, scarlet hues. It looks like a very earthy stone and remains so as one of the most grounded stones you can find in nature.

It is associated with truth due to the trust it can give both on inward and outward levels, ultimately tying it to the Earth.

Many use Almandine for protection, using it to acquire extra strength they otherwise wouldn’t have."

Yaaawwwnn! Booorrriiinnnggg!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2019 2:18 AM

It just so happens to be a thingamajigger R9.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2019 2:20 AM

Well, let me tell you a story.......I've bought a lot of semi-precious gemstones on Etsy, almost always from India. And the few times I've posted a few photos here, people have always immediately said they were fraudulent. But many of them came with certificates of authenticity (those can be fakes too, I guess). Your vendor is American, which is the only thing that makes it a bit suspect to me. But I have a huge ruby: the problem is, there is absolutely no clarity, and it would be worthless as a gemstone. Garnets with no clarity are virtually worthless: you may as well sell them at some rock and mineral show. People have a way of overestimating the price of semi-precious stones. Most gemstones lack clarity, and have no use in jewelry. That's sort of the whole point of precious stones: they may be rather common minerals, but only a very small percentage of them have the kind of quality that's needed to be used in jewelry. You can go to Kentucky, and find people selling amethyst geodes for a few bucks apiece

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2019 2:22 AM

My class ring is a garnet. It has decent clarity, but depending on the light it can look like murky red wine or a puddle with algae.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2019 2:29 AM

R12 People are also unaware of how common diamonds are. They are not rare at all.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2019 2:32 AM

Looks like Garnet is found in Arizona, North Carolina, California, Utah, Montana, Colorado and Idaho R12.

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2019 2:36 AM

Does the square look real to you R12?

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2019 2:36 AM

R16, Looking at that Etsy's seller store, I wouldn't be too cynical, since that seems to be their modus operandi. They apparently specialize in selling cubes of various semi-precious materials. I mean, nothing I see in their shop seems to be actual gemstone material, just (I hate to say) pretty rocks. And, you see, I like pretty rocks. Without meeting you in person, I wouldn't like to say I'm sure, but my experience is that real stones (other than amber) tend to weigh more than glass. I don't know if this comparison makes any sense to you, so feel free to ignore, but it's sort of like the difference between authentic European cheese and their American counterparts. A good Dutch Gouda has a weight and bit of texture that can't (or is't) duplicated in Wisconsin. Either way, if you really enjoy it, you should just enjoy it. And, believe me, I've shared photos of my gemstones, my framed butterflies, and silk scarves here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2019 3:07 AM

That lump of whatever it is will certainly cure what ails ya. Why the hell not?

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2019 3:10 AM

Pretty rocks. That's what I thought R12 / R17. I simply bought a pretty rock.

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 3:11 AM

Well, it's not Gale Garnett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2019 3:14 AM

LMAO! R20!

Nope. It definitely doesn't sing.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2019 3:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!