Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary Clinton: 'Contrary to what you might hear, I actually like men'

Hillary Clinton made her debut on The Howard Stern Show Wednesday — and nothing was off-limits because she touched on pretty much everything.

Clinton, of course, talked President Trump and politics — the upcoming election, the impeachment hearings and losing to him in 2016 — but also about her dating life pre-Bill Clinton and rumors about her sexuality.

At the top of the show, Clinton confirmed a long-rumored story (with its own Snopes page) about George W. Bush’s reaction to Donald Trump’s 2017 inauguration speech.

“Obviously I was crushed,” she said of her demeanor after losing the 2016 election to Trump. “I was disappointed and I was really surprised because I couldn’t figure out what had happened. So when he’s going to be inaugurated, I was going as the former first lady. That was the reason I was there — I was no longer in the Senate. Secretaries of state don’t attend.”

Clinton attended as a sense of duty, she said despite people telling her, “Don’t go,” and it being “one of the hardest days of my life.” But she said Bush lightened the mood a little.

“Bill and I were sitting with George and Laura Bush and then [Trump] started on that speech which was so bizarre. That’s when I got really worried. I thought: Wait a minute. It’s not rational, but it’s also not politics. It’s not what a president does. A president is supposed to try to reach out to people who weren’t for him or her... I hoped I would hear a little of that but then the carnage in the street and the dark dystopian vision. I was sitting there like just: Wow. I couldn’t believe it, and George W. Bush says to me, ‘Well that was some weird sh**.’”

Clinton didn’t mince words when it came to her feelings about her political foe, talking about Trump being egotistical, a narcissist and calling him an “admirer of dictators.” She said, “If I had lost to a normal Republican, I would have been unhappy but I wouldn’t have had that pit in my stomach: What the heck? What is going to happen? What’s he going to do next? His impulsiveness, his vindictiveness — where does this lead?”

She didn’t save her criticism just for the president, criticizing “cowardly” Republican senators for not taking him on. And of Lindsey Graham, whom she said she once “admired and liked enormously” (and vice versa as he openly praised her in a 2006 Time magazine essay), she said she doesn’t know what happened to him.

“Lindsey was good company, he was funny, he was self-deprecating,” she said.“He also believed in climate change back in those days. I saw him as somebody who, you know, had been working to try to figure out what he believed and how he could do things.”

When asked by Stern if he sold his soul to the devil, Clinton replied, “I don’t know. That’s a fair question, however. I'll be honest with you. I haven't talked to him in a long time... It's like he had a brain snatch, you know?”

The Book of Gutsy Women author said she’s not endorsing anyone ahead of the 2020 presidential election. She’ll support whoever the Democratic nominee is, explaining that she doesn’t want “to get in the middle.” She thinks Joe Biden will likely win the nomination as he’s leading the polls. She also admitted that Bernie Sanders “hurt” her campaign by not endorsing her immediately. She said she’s still “disappointed” about it — and hopes he doesn't do it again to whoever gets the nomination, adding, “Once is enough."

Clinton called her own husband a “terrific support” following her 2016 loss after Stern brought up a story he had heard about Bill holding her hand as she fell asleep just devastated after the election. She also spent a lot of time talking about them getting together in their college days. Clinton said she had a boyfriend at the time — whom she said looked like a “Greek god” — and ended up breaking up with him for Bill.

“He was a good guy,” she said of the ex, who has since passed away. “He was so handsome, really handsome. He looked like a Greek god. He was very attractive.”

That led to her referencing rumors, generated by political rivals, about her sexuality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2019 4:49 PM

“Contrary to what you might hear, I actually like men,” Clinton said.

That led Stern to reply, “Raise your right hand, you’ve never had a lesbian affair?”

“Never, never, never!” she answered. “Never even been tempted, thank you very much.”

Clinton added that she “dated a lot of different people” and said, “boys were not my problem.”

Stern, who often extols the virtues of therapy, asked if Clinton saw a therapist after losing the election. She said no. The only time she did she said was in the “late ‘90s” and it was couples counseling with Bill after his affair was being brought to light.

Clinton also had a cough during part of the interview, which they joked about because her health, like her sexuality, is constant fodder for conservatives. She recounted having pneumonia when she attended the 9/11 memorial in 2016 and when she left early because she was overheated, “They had me dead.”

Clinton also revealed some other personal aspects of her life. She said she loves her three grandchildren, Chelsea Clinton’s brood, but they tire her out. She and Bill no longer own cars, and they rely on the Secret Service to take them everywhere. But it’s important to her that she still gets out there and lives her life — whether it’s going to the supermarket (which she does), taking in Broadway shows with Bill or going to the movies.

Stern did ask if she plans to run in 2020, but she didn’t say either way. He was mostly talking her out of it and telling her to enjoy her life. At one point he asked if she ever considered going into seclusion having had enough of the criticism — and of the “lock her up” chants. She said no because “that would only delight my adversaries.”

Stern, of course, played a role in making Trump famous through the years, giving him a platform on his show. However, Stern didn’t support him in the election — and is very clearly is a Clinton fan, gushing about her through the interview, calling her his “hero” and saying she “would have been spectacular” as president.

Earlier this year, Stern said that he could have helped Clinton get elected — had she appeared on his show during her campaign. He spoke about that on Wednesday, saying he wanted to help sell her his “earth dog” audience by telling them, “This is a cool woman. She really cares. Maybe you don’t get her 100 percent, but she cares. She’s devoted her life to public service.” He said he felt it would help “bring a couple more votes.”

Clinton claimed she didn’t know Stern campaigned to get her on the show at the time. And she said that even if she did know, she probably wouldn’t have gone on even if she had.

“In a presidential campaign... I often did not prioritize media the way I should have. I think that’s one thing. Trump would interview with anybody — and in his pajamas they’d take him — he was just a contestant presence. I think I made a miscalculation. I do.”

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 11:05 PM

And Michi likes sausage!

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 11:09 PM

[quote] “Contrary to what you might hear, I actually like men,” Clinton said.

[quote] That led Stern to reply, “Raise your right hand, you’ve never had a lesbian affair?”

What an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 11:09 PM

Bitch, what about me????!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 11:14 PM

Interesting. I wish I’d heard that.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 11:19 PM

[quote] A president is supposed to try to reach out to people who weren’t for him or her... I hoped I would hear a little of that but then the carnage in the street and the dark dystopian vision. I was sitting there like just: Wow. I couldn’t believe it, and George W. Bush says to me, ‘Well that was some weird sh**.’”

Dubya is one of the worst Presidents ever, but I swear, he never fails to crack me up.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 11:33 PM

It was a great interview, no topic off limits and I think Stern is right, Had Clinton done this interview she might have humanized to the troves of Stern listeners who are trumpeters.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 11:57 PM

I totally agree, R7!

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2019 12:07 AM

Clinton’s campaign managers focused too much on the younger voters and she was arrogant in her thinking she had it in the bag. Had she gone after the boomers better and hit the campaign trail harder she could have won it. I agree with Stern, appealing to his audience would have done wonders for her. And yes, I voted for her.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2019 12:08 AM

I can’t believe I fell for the lesbian rumors..Hillary may have a lot of issues including corruption and destabilizing the Middle East but damn she has been lied on so much. So are her and Bill still together?

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2019 12:36 AM

Do you guys really think that she would confess her lesbian liaison?

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]It was a great interview, no topic off limits and I think Stern is right, Had Clinton done this interview she might have humanized to the troves of Stern listeners who are trumpeters.

There are things with which I absolutely disagree with Stern to the point of loathing him, but I'm a long time listener and the Trump supporters who call in and whine about Howard being too liberal are some of the stupidest motherfuckers you will ever hear. They just sound genuinely dumb and I say to myself "Why are there so many naive liberals who think you can reach these people? You can't."

They're embarrassingly ill-informed and pride themselves on it. Howard isn't even overly-critical of Trump, but being fucking cultists, they think actually repeating the very idiocy coming out of his blowhole is considered an attack on him.

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2019 12:58 AM

She just threw Huma under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2019 12:59 AM

[quote] Clinton’s campaign managers focused too much on the younger voters and she was arrogant in her thinking she had it in the bag

She just underestimated Trump, and the idiots who voted for him.

Hillary gave the American people too much credit, as did the media, and a lot of Democrats.

When she labeled them DEPLORABLES, she hit the fucking nail right on the head.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2019 8:47 AM

Love ya, Hil! Love!

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2019 9:41 AM

R86 is clutched her fake pearls! She’s exhausted and she can’t right now

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2019 9:43 AM

[quote]So are her and Bill still together?

As husband and wife in the traditional sense? Almost certainly not.

But neither were Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, and look at all they accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2019 10:10 AM

That wig Howard Stern is wearing looks scary. Or maybe that is his real hair?

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2019 11:02 AM

R17, my parents are the Clintons' age, and they both pretty much live separate lives and in separate bedrooms.

But they're still married, and still live together.

Sometimes it just works for couples who have been together for so long.

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 1:25 PM

R19, Is your mom a lesbian too, like Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2019 1:27 PM

Hilarious, R20.

Now go back to Breitbart.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2019 1:31 PM

Grow up, R19.

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2019 1:32 PM

No, You go L chat

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2019 1:34 PM

My parents had a rocky marriage. My earliest memories are of them screaming and arguing at 6 AM before he left for work. My father never had a long term girlfriend, but he did cheat from time to time, something I became aware of when I was about 15. But as time passed, and each of them got older and had health crises new kidney, strokes, heart attacks, etc. they came to depend on one another and seemed to age out of their agita' .

Watching them transition to old age, witnessing their genuine affection for one another, the way they depend on one another, and look out for one another, there is an ease and a comfort because they have survived, and they share so much history. They "get" one another in ways only they can appreciate. I know now that they genuinely love one another in a very profound way. They just celebrated 58 years together.

IMO that's how I see the Clintons. Anyone with eyes can see how frail Bill Clinton is physically. He has a terrific mind and he is an outstanding speaker still, but he's never bounced back from his heart surgery. I felt like there was a turning point in their relationship when he had open heart surgery. And now I believe they are closer than ever. I believe he is a comfort to her and she keeps him engaged in the larger world when his energy flags.

by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2019 2:11 PM

Must be weird to listen to your longtime partner on the radio publicly denying your very existence.

by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2019 2:25 PM

I guess in the circles they move in, those are just accepted as the sorts of compromises people have to make.

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2019 2:26 PM

r25 = Cydney Bernard

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2019 2:27 PM

The GOP said she had her male liver killed and then said she was a lesbian. They couldn’t stick to a single narrative.

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2019 2:33 PM

Notice how she omitted the Socks scandal which cost her the election.

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2019 2:41 PM

[quote]But neither were Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, and look at all they accomplished.

He couldn't walk and she couldn't give up her labia licking.

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2019 2:43 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2019 5:38 PM

Sorry, R25.

Huma likes Weiner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2019 5:39 PM

R32 Exactly. Why would a lesbian chose THAT as her beard?

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2019 5:47 PM

R31 OMG those matching outfits. Priceless. And poor ignored Chelsea trailing in the back.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2019 5:48 PM

*choose

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2019 5:48 PM

A high-achieving heterosexual man working at that level wouldn’t want to be a beard, so Huma had to settle for a highly accomplished weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2019 5:53 PM

Yeah, of course she likes men. She would not have a career without them. It's the whole reason she stayed with Bill Clinton. She's a power hungry opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote] The GOP said she had her male liver killed and then said she was a lesbian. They couldn’t stick to a single narrative.

Similar to the "Obama is a Muslim" but was influenced by his "Hateful Christian preacher"

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2019 6:22 PM

R38, they pretty much just throw out whatever to see what will stick.

Death panels, taking guns, blah, blah, blah

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2019 7:16 PM

Why do people think that Hillary and Huma were lovers?

Huma was Hillary's ASSISTANT, for fuck's sake!

Assistants are at their boss' beck-and-call, 24/7.

Especially for someone as important as the former First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State, and Presidential Candidate.

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2019 8:13 PM

R4 because people on dL have no understanding of close same gender friendship.

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2019 10:39 PM

R10 sounds so stupid. It's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2019 4:59 AM

I would totally be down for Hillz if she ever wants a real lesbian experience...I'm highly skilled... find me bish

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2019 5:56 AM

It is well known in Australia that Hilary and anti gay former PM Julia Gillard have been an 'item' for a number of years. At least I can say Julia has good taste unlike Hilary who lucked out with Bill and Julia.

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2019 7:00 AM

Why would Hillary even give an interview like this? Questions are always vetted ahead of time, so she knew it was coming. Is this supposed to be some sort of way for her to step in to the presidential race again?

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2019 2:18 PM

R45, you do know an openly gay person is running, right? I hardly think she said it because the lesbian thing would've been the issue that kept her from the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2019 2:20 PM

What does that have to do with Hillary being closeted? Cory Booker was running for President too, but he never came out.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2019 4:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!