Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Facebook rumor about white vans is spreading fear across America

I thought this was about the shoes. ( I was a former skateboarder in 90s 🛹)

I guess it really does show how misinformation can spread really quickly. I guess those Russian bots theories aren't so far-fetched after all.

I'm glad I disabled my Facebook account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2019 4:13 AM

My friend Mavis Perkins from the ladies auxiliary said her son Leroy was abducted by a colored man and a China man outside the Sonic in broad daylight!!!!! They released him after performing a "rectal expirament " on him!!! Leroy keeps returning to the scene of the crime for some reason and did not seem upset by the incident.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 10:37 PM

A nation of sheeple.!

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 10:43 PM

Baltimore. It would be Baltimore.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 10:49 PM

Meanwhile, 70,000 migrant children and women are being disappeared and sold off for rapist pedo cannibal Rethugs.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 10:50 PM

[quote]I guess those Russian bots theories aren't so far-fetched after all.

They're not rumors. Stop spreading your own disinformation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 10:51 PM

White vans? Like... the ones amazon delivery people use?

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 10:52 PM

Who believes crap like this? As a matter of fact, who believes any "news" they get from Facebook?

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 10:53 PM

And all the white vans are registered to H R Clinton, Chappaqua NY?

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 11:03 PM

Thankfully, the human traffickers warn you by trying a zip tie somewhere on your car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 11:21 PM

I'm always amazed by the nexus of gullibility, inordinate fear, belief in urban legends. . . and conservatives. Every single person I know who is a Conservative or (often) a Republican will believe the most ridiculous things. When you call them on (which you do at your peril because there is no getting through to them), they come back with the favorite retort: Well, let's check Google! Which they never do, they just let that be the end of the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 11:53 PM

R10 Conservatives are a paradox, they are so suspicious of Democratic politicians and the DC Swamp. But then they'll believe any old made up shit that comes across a facebook feed.

The lack of consistency always surprises me, but then again many of them are authoritarian personality types that just want a strong man to tell them what to do.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 11:59 PM

Somebody needs to poison Putin.

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2019 12:02 AM

Or at least make Putin watch Ru Paul's Drag Race season 7 on repeat.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2019 12:04 AM

Middle-class white women are so bored and desperate for something to feel victimized by that they convince themselves that people are around every corner waiting to traffic them for sex. It does not happen.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2019 12:04 AM

Some people thrive on fear. If there is nothing to fear, they'll either invent something to fear or believe anything that will give them a reason to feel fearful. It's a very strange condition.

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2019 12:07 AM

Does the white van have Florida license plates?

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2019 12:09 AM

All the fat fraus worrying about being abducted and sold into sex slavery makes me giggle.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2019 12:18 AM

They’re mistaken about the make of the car.

O.J. and Al Cowlings must be in town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2019 12:19 AM

Or Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 12:20 AM

Me and Tracy ain’t leaving the house until the culprits are caught.

I’ll bet Velma Von Tussle is behind this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2019 12:26 AM

White Republicans are a much bigger threat.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2019 12:27 AM

My god republicans really are that stupid. We are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2019 12:35 AM

I live in a 55+ community and these vans are on every corner...delivering Amazon orders. There have been no elderfraus reported missing.

For fuck’s sake, people are so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2019 1:16 AM

Are you sure R23? The bingo hall has been pretty empty lately.

by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2019 1:18 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2019 1:25 AM

The same people that believed that HIV infected syringes were left in the seats at AMC movie theaters.

(yawnnn)

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2019 7:03 AM

The vast majority of trafficked girls and women either made the mistake of buying into a "job" opportunity, often in a foreign country where they have no claim to legal residency, that actually turns out to be prostitution or they're trafficked/pimped by men they know personally, usually boyfriends.

Traffickers know to stay away from women who have people who would notice them missing and whose disappearance would make national news.

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2019 7:47 AM

I can sort of relate. As a kid in the 80s, every time I saw an econoline van I thought it must belong to some kidnapping pedo molester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2019 7:58 AM

R27 is so cute when he tri

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2019 8:02 AM

R27 is cute when she tries to be authentic. So fucking cute!🙄

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2019 8:04 AM

Just set it down. That's good.

Get in the truck. I wanna push it all the way up.

I really appreciate this. Thank you. Thank you.

Push it all the way back.

- Is this good? - Yeah.

- That's great. - OK.

Say, are you about a size ?

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2019 9:59 PM

Ever since reading this silly thread I'm seeing white vans everywhere!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2019 4:10 AM

Hillary’s 15 thousand emails are located in these white vans.

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2019 4:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!