Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna Concert Crisis: Returns To Dismal Ticket Sales After Canceled Shows On Doctor’s Orders

Madonna’s ticket sales are in a major slump, RadarOnline.com exclusively learned.

Madge is returning to the stage for her Madame X tour despite her dismal ticket sales. The “Like A Virgin” singer, 61, is scheduled to perform on December 7, fresh from her two-week hiatus. She recently canceled three shows in Boston, telling fans: “The pain I’m in right now is overwhelming.”

Madonna nixed her Boston shows scheduled for November 30, December 1 and 2, and spent the time off stage with her family.

But her Madame X return was marred by a serious ticket sales slump at the 3,500 seat The Met Philadelphia venue. According to Ticketmaster.com, hundreds of tickets are available for her aforementioned shows in Philly starting on December 7.

From the front of the venue, there are multiple $1,500 tickets available and many more of the cheapest $132 seats still up for grabs.

For Madonna’s December 10 show, there are more than double the number of seats available, with hundreds of the mid-priced $257 tickets still for sale.

Both the December 8 and December 11 shows also have hundreds of tickets available.

As Radar previously reported, the Material Girl was struggling to sell tickets for her Madame X tour.

Madonna moved the tour to smaller venues, but tickets were widely available at arenas across the country.

According to a source close to the singer, she “doesn’t understand” why her fans aren’t coming to support her new shows. “She is really quite dumbfounded by this because she used to sell out entire stadiums in seconds,” the insider previously told Radar.

“Please forgive this unexpected turn of events,” Madonna wrote on her Instagram page about canceling the shows.

“Doing my show every night brings me so much joy and to cancel is a kind of punishment for me but the pain Im in right now is overwhelming and I must rest and follow doctors orders so i can cone back stronger and better and continue the Madame ❌ journey with all of you. #madamextheatre.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2019 3:53 PM

Sure, Jan. The excruciating pain of not selling enough tickets. We know.

Does she even realize she brought this on herself with her constant lateness and inferior program?!

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 9:12 PM

It’s payback for running her mouth about Lady Gaga. With all that Kabbalah nonsense, Madge should know about karma.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 9:40 PM

she's been destroying her legend for a long time and it's finally caught up with her.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2019 4:12 PM

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search first before you posted this? I mean really? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it? Are you going to be able to give us an honest answer to this? Are you?

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2019 4:24 PM

She keeps sabotaging. She has too much power over her own act. The album would have been fine without the vocoder and a few of the regrettably bombastic lyrics. The tour show got good reviews but she fucks it up with extreme lateness, harassing her audience, and overpriced tickets.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2019 4:29 PM

She deserves it. Nobody cares about her new shit music and tour 😂

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2019 4:32 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2019 6:43 PM

Who’s that hag?

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2019 8:37 PM

Senorita, mas fina Who’s that hag?

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2019 8:52 PM

I r wanted to see her but I'm too damned old to go to a midnight show and I couldn't afford it. I've seen at least 4 of her tours and they've always been fantastic. This one just looked kind of sad, really

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2019 9:00 PM

Her Instagram post to fans frankly sounds like it was written in a self-medicating Ambien haze. She must be reeling from the change in her popularity.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2019 1:35 AM

How long before she adopts more children to amuse her?

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2019 7:00 AM

“ Madonna: literally one of the worst shows I’ve ever seen. Like, Lauryn Hill, lollapalooza bad.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2019 9:30 AM

Just fucking cancel Philadelphia and Miami and end this debacle. Then go away for 3 or 4 years and rethink everything about yourself. If you can’t come back with an age appropriate musical plan then just fucking retire.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2019 12:11 PM

As she pushes up ticket prices into the stratosphere, puts out middling new music, and shows up hours late to start each show, isn’t it obvious why no one is going to her concerts?

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2019 12:50 PM

She needs rehab.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2019 3:30 PM

What she seems to have ignored is that her core fan base is her age, getting ready for Social Security, who aren't going to buy mid-priced $257 tickets and has no desire to see a show at 1:00am after waiting four hours.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2019 3:44 PM

Sniffle..............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2019 3:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!