Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Martha Stewart, 78, is a total smokeshow in glammed-up photo: 'What a great new haircut can do!'

Sexy at 78!

She's no doubt got countless seasonal engagements on her schedule, and Martha Stewart says she's "ready for a slew of holiday parties!" in a glamorous new snapshot on Instagram.

"Oh boy!" Martha captioned the snap. "What a great new haircut can do!"

And she's not exaggerating: The home decor queen looks a fraction of her age with a voluminous layered blonde blowout, a smoky eye and nude lip.

"You look beautiful! It's always wonderful to get our hair done and get dolled up!" one fan wrote, while others asked if she'd mind sharing details of the makeup brands she used.

"I am 58 and I dearly love your makeup and hairstyle in this photo," one wrote. "You look stunning!"

Her hair and face styled to perfection, Martha later headed to her first holiday party of the year wearing a bronze sequin sweater coat.

While she's currently braving the cold in New York City, the multi-faceted businesswoman was recently able to escape the low temperatures with a trip to Costa Rica. She shared photos of lovely sunsets and ponds, but she was perhaps most taken with an unexpected spotting: A long line of fire ants "carrying pieces of leaves to a destination in the jungle."

"We tried to find where they were going and what they were doing but to no avail," she wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2019 7:14 AM

Amazing.

This woman is nearly 80 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 7:42 PM

That is a great face lift and nose job.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 7:45 PM

"Hooray for Photoshop!"

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 7:46 PM

Dear lesbians,

Would you hit it?

I bet you would.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 7:47 PM

Why is her phone on a lanyard-type device? Does she carry her phone around her neck? Also, why is her phone in the photo, but she's not taking a selfie? Is this her version of a selfie? Looks totally filtered and Photoshopped.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 7:48 PM

Given that you're asking lesbians, R4, most of them will assume 'hit it' means punch her.

They're known for their violent tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 7:49 PM

She looks like Jenny Jones.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 7:50 PM

Rofl R6!

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 7:51 PM

Great facelift

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 7:52 PM

She looks like jenny jones

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 7:54 PM

Prison did her good!

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 7:54 PM

Martha is Greek and Polish. She has a clean asshole and likes the kielbasa........

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 7:54 PM

Women are so lucky they can wear makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 7:55 PM

Why so much makeup and filters, Martha?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 7:59 PM

Indeed, a great new haircut can detract attention from the obvious facial reconstructive surgery! She probably can't move her mouth to speak anymore.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 8:00 PM

That and thousands of dollars worth of plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 8:05 PM

Greek, R12? I thought she was Polish and Jewish? Never heard that she is Greek.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 8:22 PM

Dayum she looks beautiful. I never thought I would use an adjective, beautiful, when referencing Martha.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 8:31 PM

Please, the hair may be nice, but that photo is photoshopped to death and back. This is the real Martha Stewart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 8:32 PM

I'm sorry R19, but she still looks great in that photo. Especially for being nearly 80 years old.

She has great skin.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 8:33 PM

R19 ok, there is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 8:33 PM

Lot's of work done and photoshop. Does she think she's fooling anyone that's it a haircut.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 8:41 PM

Yep, I know her - not personally but professionally, and that Insta photo is shopped. She DOES look truly amazing for her age in person - you can tell she has taken great care of her skin. But she doesn't look that good. I actually don't think she's had any plastic surgery. She has a bit of a chicken neck in person and you know that would be the first thing to go with some surgery. But for her age she looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote] Martha is Greek and Polish. She has a clean asshole and likes the kielbasa........

R12 = Snoop Dogg

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2019 8:42 PM

Not sure why there's so much hate for her here.

I find Martha adorable, in a kitschy sort of way.

Her comment about attending Dennis Basso's "fete" made me chuckle, as did her mentioning her "fabulous sequin sweater coat."

Only Martha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2019 8:44 PM

that's some good work bitch. I need the name of your doctor.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2019 10:12 PM

Martha Stewart was born in Jersey City, New Jersey, on August 3, 1941. She is the second of six children born to middle-class parents, Edward Kostyra (1912–1979) and Martha Ruszkowski Kostyra (1914–2007), and is of entirely Polish heritage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2019 10:19 PM

Martha's maiden name ,Kostyra(s), is Greek. She is not Jewish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2019 10:22 PM

Beauty is skin deep bitches.

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2019 10:41 PM

Wiki says Martha is entirely of Polish heritage, both parents being from Poland. The Greek heritage on her father's side goes back a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2019 10:56 PM

Oh boy!

That Rachel haircut makes you look current for 1996.

The filtering and stretching your neck back makes you look like an aging woman desperate to look young.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2019 11:01 PM

I can guarantee you they put a thin elastic band around her head, wrapped behind her jaw line and up over her head with her hair styled around it. That's why her neck looks so tight and it's given her an nice temporary face lift. Just one of the tricks of the trade for celebrity makeup people.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 11:52 PM

I like Martha and she does look great for her age, but that photo is Photoshopped to death.

I do glamour touchup in Photoshop and actually, that photo isn't even very skillfully done.

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2019 12:14 AM

It's the hair to an extent. However, it's much more the makeup and photo-shop. Bravo if we could all walk around in a beautiful haze.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2019 12:40 AM

Money CAN buy happiness!

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2019 12:43 AM

Grow old gracefully.

It's a good thing!.

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2019 4:57 AM

She looks like Dr. Marlena (Deidre Hall) from Days of Our Lives.

Slay a bit.

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2019 5:07 AM

I thought she looked like Diedre Hall too

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2019 5:17 AM

R32 is correct. She’s given herself the Marlene Dietrich (Croydon) face lift. Plus hair , makeup , and I’m filtering around it.

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2019 5:19 AM

Those arguing Greek and Polish descent are partially correct. Martha through DNA testing, and genealogical research done by Dr. Gates on [italic] Finding Your Roots [/italic] discovered she has a large quantity or Tatar, or Tartar ancestry ( Crimean ethnic group of mixed ancient Mongol and Turkic extraction).

She is also a direct descendant of Ghengis Khan, with several Muslim ancestors discovered. She has no Jewish ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2019 6:19 AM

If it's a facelift it won't last. As Ivana Trump, Tori Spelling, Goldie Hawn and others have shown, the eastern European hag seeps back out after a few months.

These women have had enough skin removed to donate to burn units.

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2019 8:18 AM

For really big televised events, Lucille Ball use to have tabs with wires attached glued around the hairline from ear to ear. They'd pull the wires to the back of her head and attach them to a ring and style her hair over the whole contraption. The makeup artists would use a type of spackle to cover up the tabs glued to her skin before they applied her makeup. Presto chango, immediately face lift.

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2019 1:13 PM

Yes, r37! I couldn't place who she reminded me of in that photo but definitely looks like Deirdre Hall.

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2019 3:36 PM

For the poster asking about why she was holding the phone case, she plugged it in the caption on Instagram so she's hawking it.

by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2019 4:44 PM

[quote]she has a large quantity or Tatar

Which she often combines with parsnips, lightly oils and roasts, then tops with a chived cream sauce.

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2019 2:58 AM

I'm 45 and look older than her wtf???

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2019 3:51 AM

As in, “smoke and mirrors.”

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2019 7:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!