Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Interracial Couples in Advertising

Has anyone else noticed the explosion of interracial couples (many with children) in commercials lately? I’m not against it, but it struck me as noticeable.

by Anonymousreply 206February 18, 2020 10:31 PM

Its more of the New World Order. One race. They dont want anyone to have anything anymore, including white privilage. Economic equality.

If you went to North Carolina, you would be shocked at the interracial couples, Mexican, black , or white. When there is financial equality, its no longer neccessary. Everyone is broke so you dont have to have a white baby ( and such a small dating pool)

Its why they chose Meagan Markle to play the role. Im sorry, but its all a fairy tale.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 6:10 PM

Are you off your meds again R1?

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 6:18 PM

Yes, I too have noticed that. A lot. Kind of cool. A few years back it was gay couples (IKEA comes to mind). All good.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 6:25 PM

In Nevada, the most representative state by racial composition, interracial couples are ordinary.

We are the future and the future is just fine. So, the advertising is not really extraordinary.

Certainly not as game changing as seeing BLACKS in advertising on TV for Newport cigs and Juicy Fruit chewing gum in the late 60s.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 6:25 PM

I was making a mental note of that myself a few days ago and I"m one who ordinarily ignores commercials. I always mute them unless they look clever.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 6:40 PM

its too much, media thinks they can push any dam thing down our throats, their motives are never altruistic...its alwsys $$$$$

media: leave the races alone, let nature take its course, don't direct the traffic. a mutatto world is beautiful, but we don't need ur bullshit promotion for selling towels and phones..

will the world be eventually be one big brown shade. bit nice I think to have many kinds....

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 6:44 PM

I've been noticing it the last several years. And it's kinda annoying, I feel like their trying to destroy individual cultures with this type of media advertising social engineering propaganda.

I don't like stuff like this. It very forced, and some people who don't know how to think for themselves will buy right into it.

Dumb asses.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 6:50 PM

Remember when Ikea ran an ad with a gay couple? And then other companies followed? And we were all like, yay, we’re mainstream enough to be used to sell shit!?

It’s just like that. It’s just progress. Don’t worry about it. The human race and the majestic power of Jesus will not die out because of harmony.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 7:11 PM

Race-baiting thread. Next.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 7:19 PM

I, for one think it is refreshing and encouraging

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 7:24 PM

I'm very open-minded and can handle interracial couples that are male and female even though it sickens me. Just don't ask me to issue marriage licences to the gays.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 7:26 PM

R1, and several of you on this thread are sadly, pretty fucking racist, and apparently, pretty fucking nutso.

I’ve dated interracially all of my adult life. I’ve dated same race, too. Not ONCE, have I gotten negative feedback, even as a teen, when my boyfriend’s parents or mine, actually chaperoned our dates, because nobody wanted a teen pregnancy (which I wasn’t gonna allow to happen, anyhow).

Eventually, meaning pretty fucking quickly, everyone accepted it, because even middle aged white folks back in the 80s understood that it wasn’t about the color of someone’s skin, but about the character of the human being, that their beloved child was dating, that mattered.

You people need to get over what other people do in their own PRIVATE bedrooms. Perhaps getting some activity in your own bedrooms, would help you all focus on your own reproductive systems, and whether or not YOU choose to procreate with people of your own race, or not.

Pathetic that this is actually a bee in someone’s bonnet.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 7:42 PM

Why is it always black man+white woman?

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 7:51 PM

There's some commercial now for a drug that makes you stop shitting uncontrollably, or something. It's a white dad with a black wife and mixed daughter. The white dad is the one with the shitting problem, of course.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 7:56 PM

I've noticed it too, OP. I've also noticed their increase in movies. At first I thought it was pandering, but now I think it is a good thing, because, pretty soon we won't notice it at all, and that will be a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 8:02 PM

Where are the ads with the abandoned single white moms and their half-black babies?

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 8:03 PM

Reading can be a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 8:05 PM

OP, It's undeniably saturating TV advertising right now. Like the rest of you I don't have any problem with interracial couples or mixed religion or w/e, but when it's companies doing it, and especially when they're virtually all doing it to the exclusion of any other couples, it's a little nauseating and comes across as performative wokeness, which I loathe.

r4 8.4% of couples in the US are interracial. Even if that specific type of couple is "ordinary," and I'm sure you're right in saying that, they're certainly not in the majority--it's less than one in ten! When it's EVERY couple in TV advertisements, despite being less than 10% of actual couple in the US, it's just so much performative wokeness that it turns me off. Like Nike lecturing us all over for Colin Kaepernick and then kowtowing to the Chinese while giving the finger to Hong Kong and having essentially slave labor manufacture all of their crap--spare us!

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 8:05 PM

R12 I know exactly what you mean. I'm male and caucasian. When I left home to be on my own, my two closest friends were African-American, one male and one female. I still haven't stopped hearing about that! The USA is a racist country and most of its straight, white citizens are bigots.. In today's media, minorities are overexposed for a reason. The GOP plan is conquer and divide.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 8:08 PM

But where is the trans inclusion? These ads are literally killing non-binary Latinas.

Let's start a girlcott.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 8:09 PM

Sorry, divide and conquer.

R19

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 8:11 PM

I think it’s fantastic.

I’m as white as a sheet and skin colours have never interested me. Your ideas, your actions, your thoughts.. that’s what matters.

The fact that people take offence shows we still have a long way to go, and if companies are the ones promoting a healthy, respectful society - so be it.

In the end, money talks!

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 8:22 PM

The thing I've noticed is there are many white man/black woman couples on TV, when in real life it's almost always black man/white woman.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2019 8:47 PM

R23, Erwin Bach, a white man, married Tina Turner, but she's only partly African-American. She's also Native American. I generally don't pay attention to commercials, but as my father said, they're louder on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2019 8:54 PM

R4, Where were you hanging out in NV? Every time I've been out with platonic friends or neighbors who were Black I've gotten not just stares but extremely rude and offensive comments.

Tall, thin, older, model-type Black GF came to visit Vegas with her White BF. When I went out to dinner with them everyone assumed I was part of the couple. She was so offended as a Conservatively dressed Christian she vowed never to return. Yes walking with her White BF on a weekday afternoon strangers catcalled to her as if she was a prostitute. She's used to LA where there isn't as obnoxious a response.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2019 9:16 PM

r23 This is a good point and I've noticed it as well. That we almost always only see WM+BW and almost never BM+WW definitely says something, but I can't figure out what. Misogyny? Low-key racism stereotyping of black men? Again, I can't explain it but it should be explained.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2019 9:25 PM

r25 I have Latino neighbors, I have black and interracial couples as neighbors in my Las Vegas neighborhood.

r4

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2019 9:30 PM

R23 is correct. It's always a black woman and a white man. You see this dynamic in ads WAY more than you do in real life. It's outrageously overrepresented. My theory is that the WM/BW combo is safe and not considered offensive, while a BM/WW couple still raises hackles in may quarters. Showing WM/BW couples also panders to black women, an increasingly important demo to advertisers. Black women are always complaining that men of any color don't want them. White women don't GAF if a black woman dates a white man, but black women seethe at the idea of black men only dating white women.

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2019 9:34 PM

There are major cultural differences that'lll always cause friction. I met a wonderful man who bought a lovely home that he was upgrading. A minority family moved in next door and replaced their entire back yard with concrete, which caused him never-ending drainage and water problems. Regardless of race or ethnicity, how can anyone be so ignorant?

R25 that has to do with demographics. There are "better areas" of Florida where that wouldn't occur. However, many areas are populated with uneducated or undereducated, bigoted crackers. In those areas, what you described will and does occur. It's unacceptable. No doubt it occurs in some predominately minority areas also.

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2019 9:40 PM

Has anyone noticed that court room judges on TV and in movies are always black women? I wonder how many there are in real life.

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2019 9:45 PM

[quote]Where are the ads with the abandoned single white moms and their half-black babies?

Oh, that NEVER happens!

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2019 9:52 PM

As a black eldergay, I'm glad to see it. I'm old enough to remember when my parents and older relatives were thrilled to see ANY black person on TV at all. Some would even call the other relatives to say they had just seen Pearl Bailey, for example, in a refrigerator commercial, and then discuss how her wig and attire looked. But that was another lifetime ago.

I knew, back then, that you would never see an interracial couple in a commercial. In fact, apart from Helen and Tom Willis on The Jeffersons, you didn't see them on network TV shows, either. It was just too controversial in those days. Heck, even The Dating Game and The Newlywed Game made sure to never include interracial couples. You simply couldn't regularize the appearance of mixed couples on TV back then. Too many people were still highly offended by such a sight.

So, yes, I'm glad we can see mixed couples in commercials today. It does represent the reality that mixed relationships in the US are increasing, and will hopefully become no big deal fifty years from now, if not sooner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 10:11 PM

Tv finally caught up to society. This is a great thing!

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2019 10:16 PM

[Quote]Has anyone noticed that court room judges on TV and in movies are always black women? I wonder how many there are in real life.

R30, I don’t know nationwide, but Texas has 19 new ones sitting on the bench.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2019 10:26 PM

R1 Here's the bleach you asked for. Hope it gets skidmarks out of those white sheets you have!

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2019 10:31 PM

R32 thanks for sharing that. Never saw it. I saw Pearl Bailey on a rerun of "What's My Line". Thought you might be interested to know she was a registered Republican and supporter of the GOP. I remember Tom and Helen Willis. George Jefferson would not give them any peace! I liked Roxie Roker. She was Lenny Kravitz's mother. He is a fine man.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2019 10:32 PM

Here in Seattle what I see most often are white men and Asian women.

There was one local TV ad here with a black wife and white husband, which wasn't so much notable for that but for the fact that she was an avid football fan where he seemed like some sort of an anti-sports dork.

There was one commercial I recall with a rather attractive white guy who appeared to be in his 30s making breakfast for the family, later on the black children appeared, but we never saw the spouse, nor was it completely clear whether they were his mixed-race children or his stepchildren?

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2019 10:36 PM

A couple of years ago, the British department store Debenhams aired a Christmas advert featuring a white woman with a white male love interest. They ended up having to delete a load of YouTube comments about "social engineering", the "PC brigade", and "agendas". You'd be surprised how many people still object to the portrayal of interracial couples.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2019 10:47 PM

R37, the USA is known for men who "order" or "purchase" wives. An acquaintance had a co-worker who "ordered" a Ukrainian wife, I believe he said. There are brokers for that purpose. What you observed in Seattle is not unusual. Please listen to Margaret Cho's act. My mother had a Korean lady friend, size zero. She was meaner than a junkyard dog. My mom asked how do you stay so thin? She replied I only drink water and eat vegetables. During the L.A. riots, many Koreans were arrested for getting on their roofs with guns or rifles and shooting looters/rioters. That's all I'll say. I'm not a bigot, just observant. My father often warned, Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth and zipper closed. I try to do that to this day.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2019 10:54 PM

[quote] Why is it always black man+white woman?

That's what I want to know! I hate those fucking white bitches who are always trying to steal the sistah's men! White bitches steal the Oscars, the Emmys, and our men.

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2019 10:58 PM

R40, have you heard you husband is a cocksucker?

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2019 11:02 PM

[Quote]Thought you might be interested to know she was a registered Republican and supporter of the GOP.

R36 She was, I do know that. I'm not sure how she would feel about today's Republican Party, though. I'm sure she would've voted for Obama, at least. I recognize that her political opinions were undoubtedly formed by experiences and realities that were prevalent in her lifetime. Many Blacks were Republican in her day.

In fact, segregation of American public schools officially ended under a Republican administration in the 1950s, and Eisenhower sent federal troops to forcibly integrate the stubborn Little Rock Central High School in 1957. So maybe that's one of the reasons why she and other Blacks were/became Republican back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2019 11:16 PM

R42 I appreciate your excellent knowledge of history, but by 1976 and Ford, there was no mistake about the GOP's stance on minorities and civil rights. The first civil rights speech was given by Minneapolis Mayor Humbert Humphrey at the 1948 Democratic National Convention. He won a Senate seat a few months later. By that time, the GOP long abandoned its former stance. Dr. M.L. King, Sr. was also a Republican. That must've caused interesting conversations. Due to my career background, I can state that the majority of people "holding" vote GOP regardless of their opinions on social matters.. The reason is obvious. Had Tom and Helen Willis been real, there would've been some excitement in their home. I know Erwin and Tina love each other because like me, Erwin said he doesn't see a woman of any color, just the woman he loves.

R36

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2019 11:31 PM

But the black people in those ads aren't black enough.

I'm tired of all this whitewashing bullshit.

And Trump is killing transfolk.

Fat shaming is worse than global warming.

And I hate lesbians who won't suck transwomen's dicks.

God, I hate everyone.

My cat just ate my Xanax.

by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2019 11:38 PM

Get the cat to an emergency vet! If a woman sucks any dick, she isn't a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2019 11:53 PM

R42, I forgot to mention the very limited desegregation in the 1950s occurred due to Supreme Court rulings. That had nothing to do with Eisenhower. Chief Justice Earl Warren was a Republican, but he was despised in the south. Racists put up impeachment billboards and signs, which demonstrates their ignorance. Chief Justice of the USA can't be impeached. POTUS can't ignore USC rulings. Ike was smart enough to send troops into Little Rock, I believe it was. The south didn't change much until the 1960s-70s. Basically, most blacks in the Deep South still don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2019 12:00 AM

R43 r46 Thanks. I'm aware of a lot of that history. Now, why many older Republican Blacks didn’t switch over to the Democratic Party by the mid-70s is unknown to me; I've yet to read up on stories that might explain that. But those Blacks were nothing like some of today's fool Republicans, like Kanye West, Stacey Dash, and Candace Owens. They're idiots and an embarrassment to sensible Black Americans, and mankind in general.

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2019 12:48 AM

White men with Asian women is most common in my neck of the woods. I never see white men with black women, ever. Some white men with Mestizo Hispanic women.

I'll get flamed for this, but the only white women I've ever seen with black men are real lower-class 'white trash' types.

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2019 12:52 AM

R48 don't ever be ashamed to tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2019 12:54 AM

Where's your neck of the woods, r48? It sounds like East Texas to me.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2019 1:10 AM

The Northeast r50.

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2019 1:13 AM

I always thought it was odd but I can appreciate it since I’m the product of an ir relationship. I don’t feel so odd or alone

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2019 1:18 AM

In NYC, you'll definitely see black woman/white man interracial couples. In fact, my sister was married to a white man. I don't know where in the Northeast r48 r50 lives, but I can believe it's an economically distressed area.

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2019 1:32 AM

I actually live in the NY metro area. Personally, I never see black woman/white man couples.

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2019 1:37 AM

r1 is a racist.

Shun him gals!

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2019 1:38 AM

ALL the Hallmark movies this year seem to be doing this. Or so my cranky ass old mother tells me.As others have stated,you never see a black woman with a white man. You do however see them with Latin men more and more, Ive noticed.

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2019 1:46 AM

According to Datalounge, white men with Asian women are all secretly gay. Asian girls are the last stop on the pussy train before Homotown.

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2019 1:59 AM

r52 This touched my heart. I'm glad it's happening if only just so you and people like you feel this way--nobody should ever feel alone and if this trend helps you (or more likely) people in a similar situation, then it's doing good regardless of how cynical (I suspect) the companies' motives are for doing it. At some point it stops being about motives and starts being about the actual impact, so if the effect is good then in this case the cause is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2019 2:00 AM

R57 you made me laugh, thanks

by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2019 2:09 AM

[quote]ALL the Hallmark movies this year seem to be doing this. Or so my cranky ass old mother tells me.As others have stated,you never see a black woman with a white man.

Actually, a Hallmark Christmas movie shown just this evening featured . . . a black woman with a white man.

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2019 2:10 AM

R60, I wish the Hallmark channel would stop showing those damned Christmas movies and start broadcasting "I Love Lucy" again!

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2019 2:13 AM

Here's a pic from the 2019 Hallmark movie "Christmas 9 to 5" featuring the leads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2019 2:21 AM

And, R62, that isn't even the same Hallmark movie I was talking about at R60.

by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2019 2:31 AM

"I Can Barely Walk For Christmas" starring Candace Cameron Bure and LL Cool J.

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2019 2:34 AM

R25, was this near the Strip? There’s a lot of wild behavior around the Strip that’s not representative of the residents of Vegas as a whole. There’s also a large percentage of visitors from all over the world, from many cultures. People that work around the Strip are often from out of town too. Newcomers are drawn to the Strip.

There’s an Air Force base here, and a lot of young soldiers here work at the base and then go to Walmart or wherever in their uniforms. There seems to be a lot of interracial couples in that group, which isn’t surprising because they’re all probably from somewhere else, and the main people they know are from the base.

More and more Vegas residents are now from California, especially Southern California. It’s enough that it’s changing the culture.

There’s also a significant population of people from colder states in the Midwest that moved here to get away from the cold. I could see those people being more conservative.

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2019 2:34 AM

[quote]I wish the Hallmark channel would stop showing those damned Christmas movies and start broadcasting "I Love Lucy" again!

You'll get your wish on Jan. 2nd, R61.

by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2019 2:36 AM

r60 The post you quoted got it reversed. As first stated in r23, echoed in r26, r28, and many beyond, the WM+BW IS the standard that you DO see. What you don't see is BM+WW. So the hallmark channel movie you saw tonight is actually exactly what we would expect to see given the by this point clearly established precedent. Let us know if you see a BM+WW couple though, it seems like that's the truly progressive and risky couple to portray (since none of them seem to be doing it) and I'm curious to see what companies have the balls to actually be woke as opposed to fake "twitter" woke.

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2019 2:45 AM

r64, you made me crack up LOL

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2019 3:17 AM

R25, R65 - Isn't prostitution legal in Nevada? Sorry that some ignorant narrow-minded yokels they encountered in Vegas mistook R25's friends for a "working girl and her trick." Assholes and their assumptions. However, I knew a couple who lived there for a year back in the mid-1980s who say they never got more than the occasional curious stares. Both worked in the casino industry.

There is a high incidence of active duty and former military BW/WM couples here and abroad, and you see them reflected on screen and in commercials. Last season's "Homeland" comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 69December 5, 2019 4:48 AM

Visibility=Progress. It is done with the hope it brings tolerance, but clearly it often does the exact opposite of what's intended, and brings the loose screws out the woodwork.

We shall never rid the world of racists. Even in many Jewish families, if an Ashkenazi marries a Sephardic, it's often referred to as a "mixed" marriage. Tiresome, toxic people, the lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 70December 5, 2019 7:27 AM

R70 I can give a partial explanation for the latter. Sephardic Jews don't practice circumcision and that just not kosher.

by Anonymousreply 71December 5, 2019 7:30 AM

R71 Your answer is poppycock. (as well as a troll reply) It's a colour line issue, in Europe, as well as in Israel. It's not the different foods deemed Kosher at Passover, it's not the different blessings, it's the colour. Ask any matchmaker worth her salt.

by Anonymousreply 72December 5, 2019 7:35 AM

Trying to be *edgy* and progressive. Like the main couple in Handmade's Tale.

by Anonymousreply 73December 5, 2019 7:38 AM

We are NOT, R57!

by Anonymousreply 74December 5, 2019 7:58 AM

I've definitely noticed this. It doesn't bother me but I do think it's a cynical ploy to appeal to as many people as possible - but hey, isn't that the point of advertising?

by Anonymousreply 75December 5, 2019 8:27 AM

So, r18, interracial couples shouldn’t be portrayed. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 76December 5, 2019 8:30 AM

[quote] Visibility=Progress. It is done with the hope it brings tolerance, but clearly it often does the exact opposite of what's intended, and brings the loose screws out the woodwork.

Like OP.

Muriel is gonna love banning so many of you in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 77December 5, 2019 8:32 AM

as the masses turn more brown, the whites will be like the unicorns....rare creatures living timidly in the forest, afraid of the hyenas.

by Anonymousreply 78December 5, 2019 10:40 AM

R71 I didn't use the word kosher in the literal sense. When I say something's not kosher, I mean that just doesn't fly, it's like trying to mix oil and water, it just doesn't work. The conservative parents of an Ashkenazi Jewish girl from suburban New York won't condone her marriage to a Baptist blatino dude from Harlem. So that's not kosher... it won't fly. Like a European Askhenazi Jewish girl's parents wouldn't condone her marriage to a Sephardic Jew. The latter are generally only found in a specific region in Western Europe. I'm not saying I agree with that, I just tell it like it is. My sister is older than me and I was there when her husband ask our father's permission to marry her. A decent young lady doesn't just say "Screw you" and go off to marry whoever she wants.

by Anonymousreply 79December 5, 2019 10:46 AM

R26, it’s BW-WM, because African American women are getting college degrees, moving to big cities, landing decent jobs, & marrying outside of their race, as a result of all of the aforementioned.

Unfortunately, African American men haven’t caught up. I believe they will, eventually- just hasn’t happened yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 5, 2019 10:47 AM

R80, thanks, I greatly admired Thurgood Marshall. I remember watching his retirement speech and I was so disappointed about his decision to step down from the SC. More power to ladies of color!

by Anonymousreply 81December 5, 2019 11:08 AM

r23 & r26: Where do you live where you're seeing this media getting the most representation? While I've noticed it increase over the past few years, I mostly see black men paired with white women (or it's implied because the black guy has a biracial child) in movies, commercials, television, stock photos, and ads. What's surprising to me though, is that depictions of white men with Asian women are few and far between despite that pairing being the largest interracial pairing in the US. In fact, I can't recall seeing that pairing in media this year.

by Anonymousreply 82December 5, 2019 1:52 PM

I love it

by Anonymousreply 83December 5, 2019 1:58 PM

Knowing that it upsets the deplorables is reason enough to love it.

by Anonymousreply 84December 5, 2019 4:25 PM

Most people don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 85December 5, 2019 4:39 PM

Gay-targeted ads have had a preponderance of interracial couples for a decade at least.

It makes sense from an advertiser's point of view--it seems progressives; it reaches out to black, white, and other minority customers.

it also presents an idealized world where race doesn't matter

by Anonymousreply 86December 5, 2019 6:36 PM

Virtue signalling.

by Anonymousreply 87December 5, 2019 6:45 PM

You won't see it r82. White women fucking HATE seeing an Asian woman with a white man. HATE. IT. Advertisers wouldn't dare piss off the largest group of consumers. Also, just like DL most white women think the men that date Asian women have some kind of problem. Gay, tiny dick, control issues ... etc. White men will often say they like Asian women because they are small, thin and submissive. Many white women cannot compete with that and it makes them very angry.

by Anonymousreply 88December 5, 2019 10:05 PM

I only dislike it because I understand it's pure gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 89December 5, 2019 10:10 PM

LOL. Way off the mark, R88. White women don't GAF that bald, pimply geeks, incels and mouth breathing old fatties date Asian women. No one wants those creeps.

by Anonymousreply 90December 5, 2019 11:17 PM

[quote]their motives are never altruistic...its alwsys $$$$$

Well, it is advertising, so no shit, you fucking abhorrent asshole.

by Anonymousreply 91December 5, 2019 11:22 PM

[quote]Unfortunately, African American men haven’t caught up. I believe they will, eventually- just hasn’t happened yet.

I really wish more posters here could be like you. Acknowledge what is, in fact, a very painful truth without being a total fucking race baiter about it.

I love you, R80. Thank you for being the best that this site has to offer.

by Anonymousreply 92December 5, 2019 11:25 PM

Honestly I sat down and counted and every other commercial had an African American or black person in it. Now that's fine! But that is not diversity.

There's not just white people and black people in the world. Where are the mixed race people? I NEVER see Hispanic people on TV? Where are they??? They're only going to be the dominate culture in America. You would think every other commercial would feature Hispanics! Where are they?

True diversity is NOOOOOOOT just black and white couples! There are other people world! Hellllllo! Hellllllo? It's not just black and white people in the world hello? Can you please even name all seven continents for fucks sake!

by Anonymousreply 93December 5, 2019 11:33 PM

Dear Casting Directors,

Could you please stop casting black and white people for awhile? Just take a break. There. Now use everyone else except black or white for awhile. That ought to even up and make up for the lack of visual representation of ... Everyone else who is overlooked.

Can you put more elderly on? Not everyone is a trendy 24 year.

Thanks, you fucking myopic head up your ass cunt diversity box checkers.

by Anonymousreply 94December 5, 2019 11:37 PM

Native American/ Latino/ Middle Eastern/ Asian are just as important as black/white.

Put other "minorities" (eye roll) on TV!!!

by Anonymousreply 95December 5, 2019 11:41 PM

I see Latino people in commercials around where I live. Of course I live in Florida, and these are usually local commercials.

by Anonymousreply 96December 6, 2019 12:16 AM

Ok, Boomer/OP.

by Anonymousreply 97December 6, 2019 2:05 AM

mommy said I was not a abe hore rant ass hole and to let them bad vibes float over into the next holler round the bend, so the cows can fart on and eat him.

by Anonymousreply 98December 6, 2019 2:51 AM

[quote]The thing I've noticed is there are many white man/black woman couples on TV, when in real life it's almost always black man/white woman.

Harry and Meghan

Joshua Jackson and Jodie Turner-Smith

Robert Deniro and (now ex?) wife

Roger Ebert and wife (and supposedly a few dates with Oprah long ago?)

Bill Maher and all his whores

Simon Cowell and Terri Seymour (biracial), and apparently Sinitta at one point

Even in real life I know at least one guy who actively prefers black women.

It's true that it's less common in real life, but it happens. I don't have a problem with seeing it portrayed it even if it's a bit disproportionate. But then, I guess I just don't see anything wrong with the "agenda" to begin with...

by Anonymousreply 99December 6, 2019 3:18 AM

^And how could I forget Kamala Harris and her husband

by Anonymousreply 100December 6, 2019 3:22 AM

R92:

😘

by Anonymousreply 101December 6, 2019 4:12 AM

Are there WM/BW couples ? Of course. However, the pairing in commercials is definitely disproportionate to the what the reality is. In fact, I believe it is the lowest pairing statistically in real life.

by Anonymousreply 102December 6, 2019 4:38 AM

R93, that's what bugs me. B/W couples account for only 11 percent of all interracial marriages. White/Hispanic is by far the most common (42 percent) and you never see it portrayed, followed by white/Asian (15 percent). Of the B/W couples--white men/black women account for a third--or 3 percent of all interracial couples. Or less than 1 percent of all couples.

So, yeah, demographically way overrepresented at the expense, so to speak, of portraying other types of interracial couples.

But commercials are about fantasy, not reality.

by Anonymousreply 103December 6, 2019 4:48 AM

I don't think there's anything more sickening to me than an R1 or the no doubt several asshole gays who "liked" his post who then go to other threads to whine about the lack of gays in every fucking movie, TV show, commercial, podcast, cartoon, etc, etc etc. as if (white) gays are half the god damned population of the planet.

There are more mixed families on this planet than gay people, yet you're bitching about the more common of the two. And I especially love it coming from the racists who think that their fellow hetero racists don't see gays as sodomites who destroy civilization. Like do you have ANY self-awareness when it comes to who you are in the eyes of people who hate based on race or religion or ethnicity? You're psychotic if you think gays are an exception to that prejudice. You're a novelty to the hetero racists with whom you gather into your psycho circle-jerk. No heterosexual with some delusional "white utopia" has ever wanted to include homosexuals into their vision of the perfect world. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 104December 6, 2019 4:52 AM

r99 Thanks, you managed to name all WM/BW couples that on TV. Except that none of them are in commercials, and Harry and Meghan aren't even TV stars.

by Anonymousreply 105December 6, 2019 5:09 AM

OP is Archie Bunker.

by Anonymousreply 106December 6, 2019 11:15 AM

R69, prostitution in Southern Nevada is legal in the county next door to Clark County (where Las Vegas is). It’s not actually legal in Las Vegas itself. The nearest legal prostitution is about an hour away from Vegas. There’s legal whorehouses out there.

However, lots of hookers work on the Strip. It’s my understanding they have to pay off the cops or hotels so they can work. And they still get arrested a lot. I don’t know why someone would assume a random woman was a hooker. Maybe she was dressed really slutty? But a lot of women dress really slutty on the Strip so I don’t know. Maybe she was just really goodlooking.

by Anonymousreply 107December 6, 2019 2:24 PM

A young attractive black woman dressed for a night out will automatically be mistaken for a pro in Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 108December 6, 2019 3:04 PM

What about us?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 6, 2019 5:47 PM

God ! Seal is repulsive . Good singer,but oh that face .

by Anonymousreply 110December 8, 2019 4:57 PM

R90, That's true only when it's those losers. The pimple faced incel crowd is usually broke and living in their mother's basement so I don't see how they could snag an asian woman anyway. Most of the white men I see with Asian women are actually wealthy, somewhat attractive older men. I have heard many white women bitch about losing those guys to asian women. I guess it depends on where you live, here in los angeles that's all you see.

by Anonymousreply 111December 8, 2019 4:57 PM

How dare these blacks think they can fraternize with white people! Stupid monkeys should stick to the ghettos where they belong!

by Anonymousreply 112December 8, 2019 5:00 PM

R112 No that's just you.

And as far as interracial couples go in advertising. I truly believe this is about an agenda and social engineering. They want to help destroy certain ethnic minorities and want them fucked out of existence.

But it's not going to happen. People are very aware of what's going on, and theres even been right ups on the sudden avalanche of interracial couples in advertising these last few years. That's why people are pushing back on it, because people know it's social engineering and it's an agenda and it's being forced upon people to intentionally change other people's cultures and alter there existence and history.

Say what you will about Africa, but this kind of shit does not fly over there. They tried it, and all advertising was burned down to the ground. Companies got the message real fast. You cannot just come in a social engineer a group of people. They know it means your trying to destroy them and they are not going to allow white supremacy to do so.

People are definitely hip to what's going on. In Africa and in America and elsewhere. Not everyone is falling for it. Progress is always a great thing, but trying to help destroy a group of people though social engineering is not and will never be ok.

We see you kim and kanye, but everyone is not going for it.

by Anonymousreply 113December 8, 2019 6:26 PM

r113 But isn't it still a black guy's dream to have a white girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 114December 8, 2019 11:43 PM

R114 Not every black man. Not everyone is self hating or lost. That's one of the downsides of living in a white power structure, some people lose who they are and forget their people's struggles and history. They end up throwing everything away once we become so called "free."

They forget, they'll never really truly be loved by the oppressor. But they'll always be a fetish, nothing more. And I say this as someone who is a 31 year old millennial. I'm also not alone in my thinking or consciousness of social engineering and how it can destroy a group of people.

by Anonymousreply 115December 8, 2019 11:57 PM

Yes, and it's terrific to show diversity in any form in commercials. Lately I see same sex couples in soft drink and commercials for pharmaceuticals. Usually they're watching tv or celebrating birthdays but it's progress.

by Anonymousreply 116December 9, 2019 12:08 AM

There’s been an increase in this trend since the 2016 elections.

by Anonymousreply 117December 9, 2019 12:24 AM

R113 it's just the fact that it's fake.

I still remember my first kiss with a mid east, half black guy. He told me he years later slept with dozens of women and it never matched the magic of our first kiss. Well, duh! It was because I really, really loved him.

Actors usually just have no chemistry like that. And it's 🤮

by Anonymousreply 118December 9, 2019 2:11 AM

[quote] I truly believe this is about an agenda and social engineering.

There's something else driving this- it's the consequences when everyone is featuring diversity in commercials and your company is not.

I was watching an old perfume commercial from 5 or 10 years ago. It featured a beautiful, young, white girl dancing around touching the faces of beautiful white men. And I thought, god, that's racist. But few (white people) would have had that reaction at the time. That unintended viewer reaction happens now after we've been bombarded with new images of happy inter-racial couples in commercials. So if everyone is doing the diversity thing and your company isn't, new problematic thoughts may enter the viewers mind, even if they only half-believe them before they are dismissed: Don't you want to sell to POC? Don't you think POC are attractive? Do you only sell to white people?

Previously you stuck out if you featured inter-racial couples in ads, and now you stick out if you don't. That's one reason this is catching on so fast.

by Anonymousreply 119December 9, 2019 2:40 AM

Good gravy! Even Louis Farrakhan is a DL poster!

by Anonymousreply 120December 9, 2019 8:35 AM

You know what fake, pandering bullshit in commercials annoys me even more? When you see old, fit looking, white haired retired couples laughing and running along the beach holding hands and splashing in the water as 60's rock music blares in the background. It's a meme that's in every single commercial aimed at olds -- a lame attempt at making them feel young, alive, and sexy. I've lived on this earth 50+ years and I spend a fair amount of time at the beach. I have NEVER seen an old couple do this.

by Anonymousreply 121December 9, 2019 8:40 AM

Can't run on the beach these days for fear of tripping over bathtubs full of old people. Right R121?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 9, 2019 11:55 AM

Yes r 121, and to add to that, there is the over 50 dating ads. Where all of the women look like they are in their 40's and super fit. The men all look like hot silver daddies. This "ok boomer" thing is stupid IMO but really apropos to these kinds of commercials.

by Anonymousreply 123December 9, 2019 6:19 PM

All older women (at least white ones) in commercials have long grey hair; grey to signify age, and long to signify vitality and youthful outlook. In real life I encounter no older women like this.

by Anonymousreply 124December 9, 2019 10:51 PM

Kind of off topic, but I’ve suddenly seen in just the last few weeks, women letting their formerly dyed hair grow out, and the gray shows.

What is this about? Hair dye cancer fears? Empowerment? Because there is so much job discrimination against older people, I can’t see how they can get away with it, unless they are self employed.

There’s a woman I follow on Instagram that models historical costumes. I’ve followed her for several years. Today I saw her wearing a historical wig in her natural black hair color. Suddenly she pulls off the wig, and beneath it, her normally stylish, mid-length hair is cropped very short, and it’s almost all gray. I’ve seen this numerous times in public places in just the last few weeks. Even John Barrowman’s most recent pictures are natural gray hair clipped short, to cut off the brown dye. It seems fairly sudden because recent pictures on his account show him with dyed hair.

Anybody know what this is about?

by Anonymousreply 125December 10, 2019 1:16 AM

I know some good-looking older grey-haired women. They're not worried about jobs because they have money. The grey hair signifies that they don't have to strive to be attractive, while the long hair and running on the beach in the ads portrays them as young at heart. I don't know any who run on the beach, however, they are fit and alk, hike and bicycle.

Good looking grey hair (i.e. hasn't thinned too much) can be flattering, softens lines, looks less harsh than dyed hair. Particularly with really fair white people--it makes blue eyes really pop.

by Anonymousreply 126December 10, 2019 1:25 AM

R125 the only safe hair-coloring is henna. Ask any informed hair stylist. Mine knows. Hair bleaches are not hair dyes, but they're not exactly healthy for hair or the scalp. Ancient Egyptian women used henna and so did I when I was an experimental teen.

by Anonymousreply 127December 10, 2019 1:29 AM

"God Friended Me" has a black and white couple.

by Anonymousreply 128December 10, 2019 1:35 AM

No I didn’t notice, but I don’t really focus on skin color.

by Anonymousreply 129December 10, 2019 1:37 AM

No, I have a DVR, grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 130December 10, 2019 1:40 AM

there are a lot of interracial couples in real life

by Anonymousreply 131December 10, 2019 1:52 AM

People stop dying their hair out of laziness. I don't fault them because it is a huge hassle that needs to be done about every 2 weeks. However, dyed hair almost always looks better than gray/white, which ages you 10 years. Maybe 60+ yr olds could get away with it, but anyone younger... Look at Keanu Reeves' girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 132December 10, 2019 5:05 AM

Oh OP, R128, et.al.

Interracial couples are at least as old as Sidney Poitier and what's-her-name in "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner," circa Nineteen Freaking Sixty-Seven. You know, back when black men with white women really WAS a controversial issue.

by Anonymousreply 133December 10, 2019 5:46 AM

R132, I read a bunch of articles about this today, telling women how to grown out there roots by adding a lot of highlights so it looks more gradual. It showed before, during and after pictures so you could see how it ended up.

I think on young looking women, it’s striking. On really old women, it’s less harsh and easier on thinning hair. It’s the ones in the middle that can look a lot older.

by Anonymousreply 134December 10, 2019 6:14 AM

^Agree. My mom stopped dyeing her hair because she developed a severe allergy to the chemicals in the dye. This is not uncommon in older women who have been coloring their hair with no problems for decades. It happens all of the sudden too. Not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 135December 10, 2019 7:01 AM

That’s scary. I quit dyeing mine because the roots were dead white. After two weeks the roots showed, and I couldn’t part my hair on that side, because there was a sharp demarcation line. When I first started dyeing my hair, it reacted badly and a lot fell out. So I’m kind of worried about what happens if I ever start dyeing it again.

by Anonymousreply 136December 10, 2019 7:08 AM

After you reach a certain age and you're no longer fuckable, you just let your hair go grey because it doesn't matter anymore.

by Anonymousreply 137December 10, 2019 2:12 PM

I don't see race or color.

by Anonymousreply 138December 10, 2019 2:30 PM

R138 But the system does. And so does the Trump administration etc.

by Anonymousreply 139December 10, 2019 4:05 PM

R138, bull.

Everyone sees race and color, because race and color are real and exist. What you do and how you react to race and color is what matters.

Of course you see race and color. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 140December 11, 2019 6:04 AM

Never trust anyone who says that they don’t see race or color. Or anyone who says that their parents are racist but they are not...don’t EVER BELIEVE THAT!

by Anonymousreply 141December 11, 2019 4:13 PM

I recall that teacher who did the experiments with race using eye color back in the 60s or 70s and what she said was correct about how ridiculous it is not to see color. We should see color, but we need to get to the point that it doesn't matter as R140 stated.

Grow up and learn to treat people as individuals, and that doesn't only apply to color.

by Anonymousreply 142December 11, 2019 4:20 PM

[Quote]Of course you see race and color. Jesus.

People like r140 need to stop taking everything so damn literally. What r138 meant is that he doesn't measure up a person by race and color, unlike racists and bigots. It's amazing that people don't understand what's implied by that statement.

by Anonymousreply 143December 11, 2019 4:33 PM

Really. I don't see race or color.

by Anonymousreply 144December 11, 2019 6:40 PM

There's a couple of sexy young lads kissing in a stairwell in this year's H&M Holiday advert (UK) - around the 55 second mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 14, 2019 9:26 AM

R93 Adele, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 146December 14, 2019 10:47 AM

Interesting point, R28. Perhaps some people find WM+BW less offensive to their sensibilities. I do see a lot of racist, MGTOW types complaining a lot about BM being with WW. I almost never see black women/white men couples in real life here in California (I didn't see when I was recently in NYC either) but I do see a lot of black men with white and Hispanic women and white men with Asian and Hispanic women. I even see quite a bit of Asian men with white women. So since these adverts don't seem to be all that representative of the kind of interracial couples that exist in real life, I guess you'd have to conclude that audiences deem that pairing less offensive.

by Anonymousreply 147January 20, 2020 1:14 AM

Yeah, r102, I actually see/have seen more Asian man and white woman couples than white man and black woman couples. For whatever reason white man and black woman couples seem to be very rare. I think when it comes to black and white couples people (especially straight white men) are less offended by white man/black woman couples so that could explain the overrepresentation. Though that does seem to be changing.

by Anonymousreply 148January 20, 2020 1:23 AM

I LOVE the ones with the white granddad and the M.C. granddaughter.

I 'd like to teach the world to sing...

by Anonymousreply 149January 20, 2020 1:23 AM

I’d like to teach the world to ping .... in perfect harmony!

by Anonymousreply 150January 20, 2020 1:28 AM

I live in an affluent NE suburb. I don't see WM/BW couples. I do see a small number of WW/BM couples, where they are older. My theory is women>50 don't have as much choice, and the BM probably treat them well.

by Anonymousreply 151January 20, 2020 1:29 AM

Why is this a thing? Er, maybe because it's good advertising to appeal to as many customers as possible by having people that look like them? So if an ad features a black and white couple, they're getting 2 groups covered for the price of one??

by Anonymousreply 152January 20, 2020 1:34 AM

I have a lot of professionals and STEM types in my neighborhood and the black ones almost exclusively have white, Asian or non-black wives. While I’m out and about, running errands I do notice a lot of young black male, white female couples. I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all, I think interracial couples are great, but I do think it kind of explains the uptick in angry, horrifically racist, incels we’re seeing.

by Anonymousreply 153January 20, 2020 1:47 AM

Incels are simply clueless and lack self awareness...to take a good long look at themselves in their own mirror requires an almost supernatural courage. They, sadly, are unable or unwilling to do so. That makes it easier for them to blame women and minorities for their failings.

by Anonymousreply 154January 20, 2020 6:36 PM

Trying to push an agenda on us.

by Anonymousreply 155January 20, 2020 6:40 PM

Many NYC 30-second television spots now seem to be couples buying cars, insurance, worrying about kids ... all seem to be interracial couples. I look around my building, neighborhood, weekend haunts, I don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 156January 20, 2020 8:20 PM

I don’t see any interracial here in Dallas. Why are they advertising this way? It’s so weird.

by Anonymousreply 157January 20, 2020 8:59 PM

[quote]Most of the white men I see with Asian women are actually wealthy, somewhat attractive older men.

The white men with Asian women that I see aren't ones most dataloungers would find particularly attractive. The last one I can recall was notably plain looking, while most of the men I would describe as very nerdy.

I can recall one commercial featuring a hipsterish white guy making breakfast, with a couple of black kids coming in mid-ad. I don't believe the wife made an appearance so it wasn't clear whether they were his stepchildren, or his own mixed race children? The other ad that comes to mind is one here in Seattle where the husband was quite a nebbish, while the black wife was a very aggressive (hyperactive) Seahawks fan.

by Anonymousreply 158January 20, 2020 9:29 PM

By far the most common interracial pairing I see in real life is white guy/Asian woman--I'm in Silicon Valley and it's so common that it's kind of a norm. My theory is that the Asian women see the nerd factor as kind of a plus (good student, makes a good living) and don't care about the negative (so what if he has no social skills?) and don't scare the men with expectations of social competence. Plus, both Asian men and women tend to be pushed toward STEM, so they're also more likely to meet tech nerds.

Stats back this up--the exogamy rates for Asian-Americans is superhigh, particularly for ones who don't come from immigrant families--but you hardly ever see this depicted onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 159January 20, 2020 10:35 PM

I'M an old, rich, powerful, amoral white man with an Asian wife, and in spite of what's often written here, I'm horny for her ALL THE TIME after all of these decades, and we fuck like rabbits! Hear me?! LIKE RABBITS, GODDAMMIT!

by Anonymousreply 160January 21, 2020 4:36 AM

. . . and Mr and Mrs Zuckerberg

by Anonymousreply 161January 21, 2020 5:31 AM

Why do so many Jewish men marry Asian women?

by Anonymousreply 162January 21, 2020 2:31 PM

R157, you don't see any interracial couples in Dallas? I'm in Plano and I see a lot of it up here. I've been in an interracial relationship for 15 years, so maybe I 'see' it more. I see BM/WM as much or more than the reverse. We actually get a lot more gawkers in Austin than up here.

As someone who has been married outside of my race for so long, it is quite interesting that so many here think that this is social engineering and everyone is brainwashed into liking it or approving of it. We seem to offend women of all races equally and about the only people smile and nod at us are old white women, middle age black men, and foreign couples. I don't know what to make of that but at this point, I'll gladly take it.

by Anonymousreply 163January 21, 2020 2:49 PM

In Fairfield County, CT you could count the interracial couples on one hand.

by Anonymousreply 164January 21, 2020 4:07 PM

[quote] While I’m out and about, running errands I do notice a lot of young black male, white female couples. I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all, I think interracial couples are great, but I do think it kind of explains the uptick in angry, horrifically racist, incels we’re seeing.

I am the furthest thing from an incel and I don't like it. There are plenty of smart, successful black women. Why on earth would a black man date a woman who doesn't understand his culture and his people? Straight black men are gross.

by Anonymousreply 165January 21, 2020 4:31 PM

Some black women are a lot like some DLers.

She's a "curvy" 4-5 with sideburns and four maxed out credit cards but she thinks she's an 11. He's an 8, but the 4-5 thinks he's a 2 because he has a faint overbite or isn't balls deep in debt trying to impress her. There are variations of this across all races. Some people decide to look around for something different.

Why should anyone have to play that game? It isn't your life to live, R165.

by Anonymousreply 166January 21, 2020 4:51 PM

R165 - Black men wisely date white women to increase their status, social standing, and even their credit scores (when married.) Black women are largely dependent on public assistance and burdened with several children from different fathers. That’s quite a bit of baggage for a black man to deal with when wanting to have a serious, long-standing relationship.

by Anonymousreply 167January 21, 2020 5:14 PM

It was just 6 years ago that this Cheerios commercial made headlines for featuring an interracial couple, though they are never seen together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168January 21, 2020 5:16 PM

[quote] Black men wisely date white women to increase their status, social standing, and even their credit scores (when married.)

I've seen the type of white women who typically date black men and they don't fit into any of those categories. They do however, fit into XXL clothing. The only status they have is their white skin.

by Anonymousreply 169January 21, 2020 5:19 PM

R169 Are you in a rural or impoverished area? I saw that dynamic twenty years ago in economically depressed parts of the country but I don't see it much any more. Besides, in that circumstance, how much of a prize do you think either person will be, doesn't matter if the couple is B/B, W/W, or B/W.

I'm in a (slightly) affluent area where there are BM/WW couples but people are more fit in general. That's economics. I'm sorry you don't get out much and never escaped from the clutches of your hometown--mentally, if not physically-- but a lot of this simply has to with socioeconomics, as R167 pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 170January 21, 2020 5:51 PM

People are gonna hook up with whoever makes their heart beat stronger. Most people stay within their own groups but many people don’t care. Why disapprove of it? How does it affect your life? One can use this same argument for gay marriage. It sickens me to read posts here that condemn interracial relationships. Using stereotypes as justification. Really you should open your veins for an outlook like that.

by Anonymousreply 171January 21, 2020 6:11 PM

[quote] I see BM/WM as much or more than the reverse. We actually get a lot more gawkers in Austin than up here.

Are you saying that you see more gay interracial couples in Plano than lesbian ones? That's interesting. Or is this a typo?

by Anonymousreply 172January 21, 2020 6:52 PM

Well, r165 I guess that's not really my question to answer. I assume preference and proximity probably plays a role. It's possible for people from different backgrounds to be compatible.

by Anonymousreply 173January 21, 2020 6:58 PM

R169, a lot of the young couples I've seen are quite attractive, so it's probably not just about 'white skin' and 'credit scores.' Physical attraction and compatibility likely plays a role just like any other relationship.

by Anonymousreply 174January 21, 2020 7:05 PM

R172, I'm sorry, that's typo. I meant to say I see more black women with white men than black men with white women.

I see Indian men and women with white women and men, Indian men with East Asian women, white women with East Asian men. And of course the old hat mixes, Latinx/white, and East Asian women and white men.

I'm a white woman who has been married to an Indian guy for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 175January 21, 2020 7:54 PM

I keep reading that black men are equivalent to Asian women as far as dating out. I live in NYC and I rarely see BM/WW (btw, to that poster that says it's only fat WW, the one couple I know of consists of a beautiful Russian woman). My male black friends prefer black women as well. OTOH, it's definitely true of Asian woman. Every Asian-American woman I've known will only date white men. My Indian female friend is the same way. Anyway, I've seen more Asian men with white woman lately. When I was in Austin there were a lot of WM/HW couple's (early 20s). In NYC, definitely AW/WM is the most common. In the teens/early 20s type couples the guys are usually very cute. However, the men my Asian friends end up dating/marrying tend to be dorky/slightly below average.

I've seen WM or Other/BW in a certain area of LI. With a few exceptions, usually they are sort dumpy looking couples. Definitely not the ones plastered all over SM or even in these commercials. Overall, Black/white pairing of either gender is the rariest at least NY.

by Anonymousreply 176January 21, 2020 9:11 PM

That's so interesting, r175. You seem to be encountering a lot of combinations that seem to be more rare in other locations (I don't think I've ever seen an Indian man/white woman couple). I didn't realize that Plano was so diverse and that there would be so many unique interracial couples there. I have a friend (black and gay) who used to live there and he painted a different picture but perhaps things have changed since he last lived there.

by Anonymousreply 177January 21, 2020 9:37 PM

There is less B/W pairing statistically--there's a still a lot more cultural baggage associated with it than other pairings. You have Asian-white attraction shown in films back in the 1930s (usually white actors in yellowface, but the idea is there.) You don't see the idea even being considered with black-white attraction unless the "black" person is passing as white (and being played by a white actor.--the tragic mulatto stereotype in, say, Showboat. That someone who looks African could be seen as attractive didn't really get going until the late 50s--Harry Belafonte, Sidney Poitier for the men.

by Anonymousreply 178January 21, 2020 9:44 PM

For some reason, most black men who date or marry white women chose the nastiest looking white women they can find. Why, I don’t know. White men who marry outside their race choose quality women. They rarely marry down. And please don’t bring up the Kardashians, they’re all skank material.

by Anonymousreply 179January 21, 2020 10:37 PM

Anecdotally speaking - In my neighborhood growing up there were four brothers, all black. All went on to become educated professionals. All four of them are married to white women. Four black guys I went to college with (none of them related to each other) - all became educated professionals - two are married to white women, two are married to Asian women. Before all eight of them met their future wives and were still dating around, none of them dated black women.

I don't have any real comments about that, just thought it was kind of interesting.

by Anonymousreply 180January 21, 2020 10:45 PM

^I could understand why black women are pissed. With that said, I've noticed a lot of successful black women do the same thing. If you look at female athletes, newscasters, actresses etc... many are married to non black men, but they don't get half the shit that successful BM seem to.

by Anonymousreply 181January 21, 2020 11:01 PM

Interracial couples all come down to attractiveness of the minority involved. If the minority is super attractive then their chances of dating white are greater. You’ll never see a white person with an ugly minority.

by Anonymousreply 182January 22, 2020 12:31 AM

It's not just commercials, on British tv shows every second or third couple is now interracial. You'd think black/South Asian people were 50% of the population.

by Anonymousreply 183February 3, 2020 2:53 AM

Its so tedious to see all the interracial commercials. In actuality they only comprise 3% of the population.

by Anonymousreply 184February 4, 2020 3:44 AM

The couples in advertising don’t reflect the couples in my town (Phoenix.) The interracial couples here are thuggish black men with obese uneducated white women who can’t secure a white man. I see it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 185February 14, 2020 7:04 PM

r185 that's how it is all over. I travel through some lower-class areas on occasion, and see big fat white trash girls with mulatto kids. The black babydaddies are nowhere to be seen. It's like as soon as the girl gets pregnant, the babydaddies are gone. My assumption is that these white girls are so slobby and piggish that even the most desperate white men won't fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 186February 14, 2020 7:28 PM

R186 - Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 187February 14, 2020 7:33 PM

Everything in advertising is fake so why the surprise? We know why....

I've talked to a friend who directs commercials for a living and he said this is just a way to kill two birds with one stone. The least fake way to portray diversity. It's still fake as everything in commercials.

by Anonymousreply 188February 14, 2020 7:39 PM

[quote]OTOH, it's definitely true of Asian woman. Every Asian-American woman I've known will only date white men.

That’s not true in the Bay Area. It seems every Asian woman is dating an Asian man. Even white women here are dating Asian men.

by Anonymousreply 189February 14, 2020 7:44 PM

In almost every city I've lived in, black man + non-black woman is common. I saw way more black couples in LA vs Chicago, which was surprising. But I've also noticed that recently, more black women are starting to date non-black men. I've seen way more black woman + non-black man couples in both LA and Chicago than I ever did growing up.

Also, from what I've seen, black men really do tend to date unattractive non-black women. Either the women are fat or just very plain and almost mannish looking, which is weird considering that black women are often attacked for their looks. You'd think that black men would go after better looking non-black women if that's what they wanted. But the richer the black man, the better looking his woman tends to be.

by Anonymousreply 190February 14, 2020 7:56 PM

I've noticed that people who like to overemphasize this idea that black men in relationships with white women are trash or thugs and white women in relationships with black men are fat and unattractive and couldn't get a white man tend to be people who feel slighted or rejected by the very existence of this pairing, people who have a dog in the hunt, people who see this pairing being together is a form of personal rejection. I just think the reason that this pairing seems to be scrutinized and criticized the most is because it stirs up the most resentment and jealousy in others, I think this constant bashing of this pairing and critiquing of their looks and other qualities is simply a coping mechanism to lessen these feelings of rejection, because quite honestly most of the black man/white woman couples I've seen are average people just like any other couple. Quite a few are attractive, educated couples as well again just like you'd see with any other pairing. In fact, a whole lot of the ones I've seen are in fact college students.

by Anonymousreply 191February 14, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote] I just think the reason that this pairing seems to be scrutinized and criticized the most is because it stirs up the most resentment and jealousy in others

lol everybody's jealous of the fat white trash girls who are with thugs. Wow, you're so perceptive!

by Anonymousreply 192February 15, 2020 12:04 AM

I usually have Jerry Springer as background noise every afternoon and one thing I've noticed is just how most couples there are made of a white chubby white chick and a slim, supposedly hung black lanky guy. It's a pattern alright.

by Anonymousreply 193February 15, 2020 1:16 AM

If you're living in a poor/economically depressed or rural area you're going to see more overweight people than you would in an upwardly mobile area. . In a poor area, a fat person wull be paired with another fat person or a thin or normal-sized person, black, white or whatever, but that person will be of the same socioeconomic class as the fat person.

In other words, if you see a white 'piggish slob' with a black guy, you can rest assured that he's no prize, either. It's about socioeconomic status more than race. Don't be so fucking sensitive.

Like a poster up thread, actually, a few posters , I live in a middle to upper middle-class area and the black guys with non-black women I see are attractive with attractive. Or average with average. But professional people who take care of themselves, like most people of any race here. If you only see trash with black guys (who are also likely trash), well, you must be living in a dump.

And wherever all the white bitches are fat trash, the black bitches are always even-fatter-than-that trash.

by Anonymousreply 194February 18, 2020 4:36 AM

[quote]If you only see trash with black guys (who are also likely trash), well, you must be living in a dump.

I live in a very upscale area and the few interracial pairings I see are white men with Asian women. I only see a white girl with a black guy when I happen to be in a lower-class area.

by Anonymousreply 195February 18, 2020 4:45 AM

. . . white (gay) men with Asian women . . .

most likely

by Anonymousreply 196February 18, 2020 4:52 AM

It's said that Asian girls are the last stop on the pussy train before homotown.

by Anonymousreply 197February 18, 2020 4:55 AM

R178 R186 "Mulatto"? And you wonder why people find you insufferable when your brain is living in 17th century New Spain.

by Anonymousreply 198February 18, 2020 5:45 AM

Mixed race people refer to themselves as mulatto very often.

by Anonymousreply 199February 18, 2020 6:13 AM

"Gay people refer to themselves as faggots very often."

See how that works? Just because there's single irrelevant rapper who calls herself "Miss Mulatto" for shock value doesn't mean it's an acceptable term. Mixed people call themselves mixed. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 200February 18, 2020 6:34 AM

Lots of mixed people call themselves mulatto. Nobody elected our ass judge and jury of the language police.

by Anonymousreply 201February 18, 2020 7:37 AM

For some reason when white men date or marry black women, they get the most gorgeous and accomplished ones that they can find. And vice versa.

When black men go after white women, it’s almost as if they are deliberately scraping the bottom of the barrel. I could say the same things about black lesbians and bgms also. Montel Williams married a fucking stripper. Nicole Simpson Brown was a low level model and party girl. Michael Sam dated some lowlife with connections to the pornographic film industry.

by Anonymousreply 202February 18, 2020 1:14 PM

You were saying, R202.

This type probably accounts for 50-60% of the WM/BW pairings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203February 18, 2020 1:47 PM

In whose estimation, r203? Most guests on Maury’s show are paid actors.

by Anonymousreply 204February 18, 2020 4:07 PM

I love this trend

by Anonymousreply 205February 18, 2020 4:08 PM

R201 And just like I said, tons of gay men (specially attention whores on social media) call themselves faggot and all kinds of fucked up words. It's the same thing here. Let's see you running your mouth about "mulatto kids" and "mulatto babies" in front of mixed people.

by Anonymousreply 206February 18, 2020 10:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!