Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Amy Klobuchar about to break out?

With Kamala out of the race, her numbers are going to rise. She’s a far more qualified Midwestern centrist candidate than Mayor Pete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227February 4, 2020 5:49 PM

She is dripping in heterosexual privilege, so no.

Pete or bust.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 11:46 AM

OK Salad Comb

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 11:47 AM

She's a homophobe.

So I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 11:47 AM

[quote]She’s a far more qualified Midwestern centrist candidate than Mayor Pete.

A president's job is far more like that of a governor or mayor than a prosecutor. Seriously. And she's a bully - watch what'll happen if she ever crosses 10% in any early state.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 11:47 AM

OK maxipad

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 11:49 AM

She’s white. Isn’t the story that white candidates are bad now that Harris (who black voters did not like) has dropped out? That’s the story I am getting from MSNBC and the Washington Post today.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 11:53 AM

If blah and boring had a face, it would be Amy's. Can't get excited about her. If she polished her act, she could be the White House court jester.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 12:02 PM

I almost always agree with Amy Klobuchar when I actually listen to what she says. I dislike her based on the stories I’ve heard about how she treats her staff, but I still find her persona less irritating than Elizabeth Warren’s or Hillary Clinton’s.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 12:04 PM

Haha. No.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 12:10 PM

As a 41 year old who still breaks out, I highly recommend Differin gel to Amy. It keeps the acne at bay!

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 12:13 PM

You're lying, R3--stop it.

If you love Pete, then love Pete. It's a marker of immaturity to feel the need to slate someone else to show your adoration of another.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 12:14 PM

Do black people like her?

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 12:21 PM

She's won every race she's ever entered...or so she says. Maybe she's got this in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 12:21 PM

[quote]As the only major candidate who has won Republican districts, Klobuchar not only can defeat Trump by winning back Obama-era voters who backed the president, but help rack up victories in moderate areas needed for Democrats to solidify their majority in the U.S. House and regain control of the U.S. Senate.

This is the key as to why she should be the nominee. No other candidate is as electable as her in Republican and moderate districts.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 12:25 PM

I think she will be Biden's VP pick.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 12:29 PM

[quote]Isn’t the story that white candidates are bad now that Harris (who black voters did not like) has dropped out?

No. That’s not the story.

The Democratic nominee is going to be a white person. And the Republican candidate is going to be Trump.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 12:33 PM

She's a total bore and will cause people to fall asleep rather than vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 12:35 PM

I would be alright with her as the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 12:38 PM

She's a homophobe because she's erased Pete's sexuality and called him privileged.

Ok, dyke, at R11.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 12:39 PM

I wouldn't. Do we really want MOM to be president? I love my mother, but no, I don't want her as president.

Especially if she was a mid-western frau who throws things at people in a rage.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 12:40 PM

Where’s the evidence that she throws things at people?

I’ve heard these rumors, but seen absolutely no evidence or corroboration.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 12:51 PM

I'd vote for her if she was the nominee but she is indeed a bore. I think she'd be fantastic in the right cabinet position.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 12:52 PM

[quote] I wouldn't. Do we really want MOM to be president? I love my mother, but no, I don't want her as president.

She's not your mom. She's a high ranking a senator with the best track record in the senate.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2019 1:05 PM

She’s going to bitch slap Pete HARD during the next debate.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2019 1:44 PM

r23, the image she projects is one of a mom, a mid-western Frau with anger issues.

She's boring and that may work for Senators, but it's the kiss of death for a president.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2019 1:59 PM

She has light grey teeth. Skeeves me out.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2019 2:00 PM

She's an ACoC, an adult child of an alcoholic.

So of course she has issues. That's why she throws things. And we don't need videos to prove it. There are emails sent in a rage in the middle of the night in which she berates her staff over mistakes like a misplaced comma. (Yes, I know there are people here on DL who do the same thing.)

She has the highest staff turnover rate in the Senate.

Vanity Fair, HuffPost, Bloomberg, and others have written about the allegations, so it's not just rumor.

I agree she could be a good cabinet official, but she has an aura of fakeness about her that is off-putting to me.

Also that nasal aspect of her voice. Why politicians don't have a few sessions with a vocal coach is beyond me. It would be easy to fix and it would make a huge impact. I wonder why no image consultant or staffer has talked to her about that? Maybe for fear of her rage? Or maybe because they secretly think, "Fuck you, cunt, you may be the boss, but you speak nasally." (Kamala also speaks through her nose, and it is so unnecessary.)

Kamala also speaks with a nasal component to her voice.

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2019 2:00 PM

Kamala always sounds like she's about to cry.

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2019 2:03 PM

We already had a great Minnesota Senator who would have wiped the floor with Trump, but the mean girls pushed him out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2019 2:05 PM

A lobbyist I know who used to work on the Hill has told me Klobuchar is much worse than the salad story lets on, and that she always has been known among those on the Hill as an abusive boss and a nightmare to work for. And she emphasized that that is compared with her former job of almost a decade working for a congresswoman who required her to do laundry service, who abandoned her at events if she was not orbiting when the congresswoman decided to leave, and who forced her to use contacts to get a high-paying lobbying job for her unqualified nephew. Compared to that, my friend said, Klobuchar is said to be much, much worse.

Still, I agree with most of what Klobuchar says she believes in. In positions like these, does action matter more than personality?

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2019 2:07 PM

[quote]In positions like these, does action matter more than personality?

Yes. Results and getting bills passed, and judges approved, are what matters.

I don’t have to live with her, so I don’t care about her personality or alleged temper.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2019 2:11 PM

People will those kind of personalities don't get things done though, R31.

They burn bridges, turn people off working them, and can't sell ideas.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 2:15 PM

Our future First Gentleman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2019 2:16 PM

To answer OP's question, no.

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2019 2:17 PM

Trump would mop the floor with her. Remember how she cowered in the face of Brett Kavanaugh's rage in his confirmation hearing? He looked like a bully and she looked like an abused child. Most decent people were disgusted with him for it, but the other side of that coin is that she looked weak and incapable of putting him in his place. And that's exactly how it will look when Trump blasts her out of the water.

That is classic behavior for an ACoA. They cower in the face of bullies, and they become bullies to people they deem powerless.

R31, even if we don't have to care how she treats her staff, if she is on the ticket, the emails will emerge that make her look like a crazy person, and videos will probably show up, too, and the public will hate her.

Also, to the person who said Biden will choose her as his VP: that would be the single most boring partnership that ever ran for president. Biden is turning into a doddering old man, and there are tons of videos that make him look like a pedophile who likes little girls. Republicans are praying to Republican Jesus for Joe Biden to be the nominee so they can run those videos 24/7 until election day.

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2019 2:25 PM

Anyone but Biden, please.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2019 2:31 PM

R35 I thought everyone believed she was the best thing to happen during the Kavanaugh hearings. She was poised and deliciously icy when she told him, "Sir, I don't have a drinking problem." I do agree with you that Trump would eat her for dinner on the debate stage.

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2019 2:31 PM

[quote]People will those kind of personalities don't get things done though, [R31].

She’s had more of her own bills passed into law than any other current Senator.

She has a record of getting things done.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2019 2:34 PM

She's not winning. She shouldn't even be running at this point nor should anyone beyond Pete, Bernie, Biden, and Warren.

Stop wasting oxygen on her.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2019 2:36 PM

And Pete is questionable because if he can't get the black vote he has no chance to be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2019 2:40 PM

At this point candidates still running who know they have no chance of winning are just creating divisiveness and ammunition for Trump in the general. The only way they can grow in the polls is by smearing the front runners one of whom will eventually become the nominee.

#DropOutAmy

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2019 2:41 PM

[quote]Remember how she cowered in the face of Brett Kavanaugh's rage in his confirmation hearing? He looked like a bully and she looked like an abused child.

r35, I totally disagree with you on that. It was more like watching an experienced mother watching her child have a temper tantrum.

IMO that was probably her finest moment as a senator thus-far. That is really what won me over about her. She let him talk and reveal to the public what a mess he truly is. She remained totally professional and was completely unphased by his statements and tone.

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2019 2:41 PM

Right now, NOBODY has voted. But Amy's not going to leap up the polls from her position beneath the now departed Kamala, R40.

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2019 2:42 PM

There's one Amy loving dyke on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2019 2:42 PM

R42 I totally agree.

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2019 2:44 PM

She's got the same over-sized ego and all of the personality quirks of Trump -- just a different party. Having worked with women attorneys, I long ago decided that I would never vote for one -- she is the stereotypical nightmare female attorney boss out there. in the running.

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2019 2:48 PM

Remember when she went after Pete and said he was polling higher than her because he was male.

But he's not a male. He's a gay male.

Just like Obama is not a straight male. He's a black male.

You, Amy, are a straight white. You have plenty more privilege than them.

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2019 2:48 PM

No. She's a nasty cunt frau. Hillary couldn't cover up that smell. Neither will Amy.

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2019 2:50 PM

It absolutely would've been racist for Hillary to have said that Obama was polling higher than her in 2008 because he was male too. And he was only on the stage because of privilege.

by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2019 2:52 PM

R42, we saw that moment differently, and lots of other people probably agree with you.

Do you think that's an effective strategy for dealing with Trump? Is that going to inspire confidence in her from people who dislike Trump personally but want "a fighter" in the White House.

I would vote for her if she were the nominee, but I don't think she has a chance, and I don't think most people see her as a strong woman. If I'm wrong about that, I'll admit it when the time comes.

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2019 2:57 PM

Since at this point she can only be running for a VP slot at best, she should drop out.

She won't bring anyone along to a Pete/Bernie/Biden/Warren ticket by being VP. But she will turn a lot of people off and could easily cost us the election if she were to be VP candidate.

by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2019 3:01 PM

r50 I think you just find her boring, that doesn't mean she isn't a strong and effective leader. I honestly think Americans now have a warped view of what presidential candidates should be. We have been really spoiled by the charismatic leaders Obama and Clinton, who made everyone feel warm and fuzzy inside for the last 30 years. Trump pulls stunts and people love watching trainwrecks too. People, that should not be deciding factor for your vote.

by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2019 3:08 PM

I don't see any evidence that she is or would be a strong and effective leader.

by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2019 3:10 PM

r52, Democrats without charisma lose.

Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, Kerry, Clinton.

Amy has NO charisma. She's practically anti-charisma.

by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2019 3:11 PM

Charisma is not going to be enough to win against Trump, sorry to tell you.

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2019 3:14 PM

Correct, R54. And most of those candidates were just lifeless whereas Amy is actively unlikable. She's way too much a risk to even be allowed near VP.

[quote] Charisma is not going to be enough to win against Trump, sorry to tell you.

No one said it was, but it helps. Stop playing dumb.

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2019 3:15 PM

She's a huge cunt.

by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2019 3:16 PM

I honestly don't get her appeal. What's so great about her. What makes her supporters think she would be such a strong and effective leader?

Seriously, I'm really interested.

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2019 3:16 PM

It's amazing how much coverage she gets considering she's polling at two percent. Why on Earth would anyone even think she should be the VP with those figures.

She's irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2019 3:17 PM

They're (on this board) lesbians who admire her because she's a bully, R58.

by Anonymousreply 60December 4, 2019 3:17 PM

She is a Republican in D clothing. The centrists love her.

by Anonymousreply 61December 4, 2019 3:18 PM

[quote] [R23], the image she projects is one of a mom, a mid-western Frau with anger issues.

Could your bias against any female candidate be any more obvious?

by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2019 3:19 PM

R62 is still angry Michfest ended.

by Anonymousreply 63December 4, 2019 3:21 PM

exactly r62. The Petebots have entered the thread. Im gone.

by Anonymousreply 64December 4, 2019 3:22 PM

When all the female candidates have been so awful it's amazing people aren't actually biased to them -- Amy, Kamala, Tulsi, Marianne, Gillibrand...

by Anonymousreply 65December 4, 2019 3:23 PM

I am Frau Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 66December 4, 2019 3:24 PM

Pete needs to do an interview in which he says she's only on the stage because she's straight.

by Anonymousreply 67December 4, 2019 3:24 PM

[quote]the image she projects is one of a mom, a mid-western Frau with anger issues.

[quote]Could your bias against any female candidate be any more obvious?

She's actually trying to project that image, R62. Could your refusal to address her shortcomings and blame everything on sexism be any for obvious.

by Anonymousreply 68December 4, 2019 3:26 PM

Yes, her entire shtick is that she's just a regular Midwestern soccer mom.

What's wrong with stating that?

by Anonymousreply 69December 4, 2019 3:27 PM

[quote] But he's not a male. He's a gay male.

How many times do you have to be reminded that Pete was in the closet for most of his life? He was a straight white male for all the world knew, for most of his life. That is a unique privilege that Obama or Amy will never know.

by Anonymousreply 70December 4, 2019 3:28 PM

R52, not trying to be argumentative, but no, it isn't that I find her boring, though she is that.

It's that I think she has a flawed personality. She doesn't stand up to bullies, but she becomes a bully to people she sees as powerless.

I don't disagree with her on policy issues, I just think she will be a terrible candidate, and I think a good number of voters would either stay home or hold their nose and vote for Trump instead.

We can't assume everyone agrees with us and will vote for anyone but Trump, so I think we need a candidate who makes people want her or him in the White House. I hope there's a woman on the slate and an African-American person and a gay man, and I hope the ticket excites people and makes them want to vote and to encourage their friends and family to vote.

by Anonymousreply 71December 4, 2019 3:29 PM

He is now out of the closet, R70. And Amy had that privilege too. She could've transitioned if life was so awful for her.

by Anonymousreply 72December 4, 2019 3:31 PM

If I remember correctly 98% of Democrats say they would vote for a woman. Only72% say they would vote for a gay male.

by Anonymousreply 73December 4, 2019 3:32 PM

Rich straight white women aren't oppressed in America.

They have the unique privilege of getting to pretend to be though. And we all have to play along.

by Anonymousreply 74December 4, 2019 3:33 PM

R63, I wouldn't alienate allies of the LGBT community if I were you. Besides, the caricature of the buffoonish sexless gay male is the most popular one, so it's not like you should talk.

by Anonymousreply 75December 4, 2019 3:34 PM

[quote] How many times do you have to be reminded that Pete was in the closet for most of his life?

How does that have any bearing on now -- where he's trying to run as a gay man, no matter how difficult that is. Any privilege he had is now gone.

by Anonymousreply 76December 4, 2019 3:34 PM

"But President Karen, you ARE the manager."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 4, 2019 3:35 PM

Congratulations on the dumbest comment of the year, r72! The point, idiot, is that he was in the closet throughout his ascent. He's a devious little man.

by Anonymousreply 78December 4, 2019 3:37 PM

[quote] I wouldn't alienate allies of the LGBT community if I were you.

Well, don't tell us. Tell it to the anti-trans threads on this board for instance. Like below.

Oh, and are you dykes now saying you won't turn out if Pete is the nominee. If so, you need to be F&Fd outta here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 4, 2019 3:39 PM

[quote] How does that have any bearing on now -- where he's trying to run as a gay man, no matter how difficult that is.

So, after he uses that privilege to rise to success, now he wants to play the part of the oppressed gay male. Well, isn't that neat. What kind of person waits until 2015 to come out?

by Anonymousreply 80December 4, 2019 3:40 PM

[quote]The point, idiot, is that he was in the closet throughout his ascent. He's a devious little man.

Coming out is tough because of the challenges gay men face. It's made tougher by homophobes like Amy and you, Nan at R78.

by Anonymousreply 81December 4, 2019 3:40 PM

If Biden gets nominated, he will chose an African American as his running mate and it is almost guaranteed to be a woman. Joe will barely make 4 years. Who ever he runs with on the Democratic ticket stands a very good chance of either becoming PResident, or getting nominated in 2024. That's the thing you have to remember: Joe Biden is a one term proposition. Same for Bernie. Same for Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 82December 4, 2019 3:42 PM

I'm all about Stacy Abrams for VP. She is awesome!

by Anonymousreply 83December 4, 2019 3:46 PM

[quote] It's made tougher by homophobes like Amy and you, Nan at [R78].

Yeah, figures you would pretend women are homophobes, instead of the men who are disgusted by you and want to deny you rights. Continue playing victim and arguing in bad faith. It just makes you look like the coward we all know you are.

by Anonymousreply 84December 4, 2019 3:47 PM

This thread got really yucky really fast.

by Anonymousreply 85December 4, 2019 3:52 PM

[quote] What makes her supporters think she would be such a strong and effective leader?

I believe her greatest virtue is the supposed fact that she's buddy-buddy with the type of people who strap deer carcasses to the roofs of their cars. She is incredibly offputting, however -- a condescending rage-bomb with the face of Debbie Downer. If she is such a great candidate, why is she polling so low in a neighboring state?

I give her a few more weeks before she drops out as well.

by Anonymousreply 86December 4, 2019 4:03 PM

Democrats will be lucky if they can beat trump because it is looking like a duck. None of the candidates has what it takes. Such a mess.

by Anonymousreply 87December 4, 2019 4:12 PM

[quote]She's a homophobe because she's erased Pete's sexuality and called him privileged.

[quote]Ok, dyke, at [R11].

And there you go again, R19, proving perfectly my point @R11.

Lovely. You do Pete no favors.

by Anonymousreply 88December 4, 2019 4:16 PM

I doubt anyone thought Pete was straight, not ever.

by Anonymousreply 89December 4, 2019 4:52 PM

Maybe she's about to break out with a rash because her campaign sure isn't.

by Anonymousreply 90December 4, 2019 4:53 PM

"Rich straight white women aren't oppressed in America."

Oppressed? Maybe not. Discriminated against? Certainly. just look at threads where people refer to her as cunt, Frau and fish.

Having said that, I'm still hoping she drops out as well as all the others who have no chance. As far as I'm concerned Biden and Bernie are both too old. Which narrows the field to Warren and Buttigieg.

I saw Klobuchar on some chat show (Bill Maher maybe?) She was literally trembling. It looked like she was frightened and this was in a friendly forum. If Trump starts in on her, she'll look like a chihuahua in winter.

by Anonymousreply 91December 4, 2019 5:32 PM

About to break out of the closet?

America still isn't ready for a female president, let alone a gay female president.

by Anonymousreply 92December 4, 2019 5:36 PM

People want a centrist. Pete is not qualified and is not electable. Biden is demented. People will see Amy as the best alternative.

by Anonymousreply 93December 4, 2019 5:44 PM

Amy weighing in at R93.

by Anonymousreply 94December 4, 2019 5:45 PM

Pete has overcome a lot. She hasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 95December 4, 2019 5:46 PM

Amy has probably terrorized one of her little gayling staffers into shilling for her, thus we now have a Klobuchar troll.

by Anonymousreply 96December 4, 2019 5:46 PM

Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, and Lizzie Warren might be qualified to run as President of Shady Pines, the Official DataLounge Retirement Community, but I don't want any of them running my country.

by Anonymousreply 97December 4, 2019 5:49 PM

Pete is the spoiled young white boy of the race. He is the most privileged of the race, even more than Biden.

by Anonymousreply 98December 4, 2019 5:57 PM

I like her. I think she’d do a good job. She seems like that nerdy Frau at the office who lives to work.

by Anonymousreply 99December 4, 2019 5:59 PM

Oh boy. More Russian trolls trolling. I guess since Kamala dropped out, they got their marching orders to make Amy a source of division as of this morning.

by Anonymousreply 100December 4, 2019 6:00 PM

Okay, I’m a little over this thread. It’s time to let it die.

No, OP, she’s not going to happen. No.

But I agree with of the posters above: since she has no chance she needs to drop out now. It’s really low and only helps Trump for her to go after Pete or any serious candidate when they might actually win and have to deal with whatever attack lines or slurs she’s used.

It’s time to consolidate and stop wasting time.

by Anonymousreply 101December 4, 2019 6:03 PM

R97 people said the same thing about near 80 Nancy Pelosi. Thanks god we have her! Stop being agist.

by Anonymousreply 102December 4, 2019 6:42 PM

r83, she needs to get that tooth gap fixed.

by Anonymousreply 103December 4, 2019 6:47 PM

I hope she does break out. I think she's fantastic and would make an amazing president

by Anonymousreply 104December 4, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote]It’s really low and only helps Trump for her to go after Pete or any serious candidate when they might actually win and have to deal with whatever attack lines or slurs she’s used.

First of all, you guys keep talking about her alleged homophobia, and now you're saying Amy has used "slurs"? What slurs? What homophobia? If it happened surely you can give specifics.

Second, politics is a blood sport. Political candidates burnish their own qualifications, while minimizing their opponent's qualifications and experience. And you have the stones to say Amy has/will use "attack lines"? WTF--how many election cycles have you lived through?

by Anonymousreply 105December 4, 2019 7:32 PM

Her tantrums don’t suggest she handles pressure well.

by Anonymousreply 106December 4, 2019 7:55 PM

[quote] a condescending rage-bomb with the face of Debbie Downer

What makes you say that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 4, 2019 8:08 PM

I don't like her but the queen shrieking about dykes in this thread is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 108December 4, 2019 8:16 PM

[quote]It’s really low and only helps Trump for her to go after Pete or any serious candidate when they might actually win

Pete Buttigieg has absolutely zero percent chance of “actually winning”, so there’s nothing to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 109December 4, 2019 10:57 PM

Break out in what? Hives?

by Anonymousreply 110December 4, 2019 11:03 PM

Do people even know she's still in the race? It's not Gillibrand's departure give her much of a lift.

by Anonymousreply 111December 4, 2019 11:05 PM

"WTF--how many election cycles have you lived through?"

R105, I'm not the person you're talking to, but I've lived through enough election cycles to know the reason Ronald Reagan was elected -- he who started the economic policies that have led us on this almost-40-year downward spiral -- is that Ted Kennedy's campaign against Jimmy Carter in the 1980 primary destroyed the Democrats and he didn't do shit to repair the damage during the general.

Yes, politics is a blood sport, but there is a point at which we need to be unified if we want to win against Republicans. Democrats have a unique propensity to destroy each other over the tiniest policy differences and then Republicans win while we're still pointing fingers at each other.

by Anonymousreply 112December 5, 2019 2:40 AM

Republicans are a mob family. They stick together no matter what and fight dirty against everyone else,

by Anonymousreply 113December 5, 2019 2:45 AM

Amy Klobuchar’s “support” is an example why those polls are, to some extent, fake.

by Anonymousreply 114December 5, 2019 3:02 AM

Amy is not stupid. Far from it. I don't think America needs excitement and drama at every turn. At the helm it needs someone sensible and reasonable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 5, 2019 5:44 AM

She's boring and has little experience. She got elected simply because of name recognition. Her father was a well known columnist in the Twin Cities.

by Anonymousreply 116December 5, 2019 6:45 AM

America needs someone boring as President, R116. We have enough drama in our lives to deal with extra therapy to serve to consoling a needy president .

by Anonymousreply 117December 5, 2019 7:03 AM

That Republican dyke will never be president.

by Anonymousreply 118December 5, 2019 7:26 AM

Break out? Please.

by Anonymousreply 119December 5, 2019 7:47 AM

[quote]She's boring

Yes. True.

[quote]and has little experience.

Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 120December 5, 2019 12:18 PM

r115, Never said she was stupid. But she gives off an image that doesn't come off as presidential in any way, shape or form either. Why does she even want to be president? I have no earthly idea, and I have a feeling if she tired to explain it to me, I'd fall asleep before she got to the point.

She's just boring. That's the perfect word for her.

by Anonymousreply 121December 5, 2019 12:25 PM

Also entitled.

by Anonymousreply 122December 5, 2019 1:43 PM

Amy needs to go back to the Senate. In fact, if we can flip the Senate I would much rather have Amy as Senate Majority Leader than Chuck Schumer. But she'd be a pain in the ass as Attorney General, and As PResident she might be effective but she is tooooo boring to get elected. And she seems like a scold. A perfectionist.

by Anonymousreply 123December 5, 2019 3:21 PM

There is something in her speaking style that I have problems following.

by Anonymousreply 124December 6, 2019 7:38 PM

Entitled how, r122?

by Anonymousreply 125December 6, 2019 7:58 PM

[quote]There is something in her speaking style that I have problems following.

It’s that she speaks like an average Midwestern person. Not like a liberal NYC or CA elitist.

by Anonymousreply 126December 6, 2019 8:02 PM

She’ll be one of the final two candidates.

by Anonymousreply 127December 7, 2019 2:34 PM

Whoo! Saw a video of her today on facebook.She was talking to an African American Mayor about climate change, and she looked good. Never thought I'd say that but she did. Hair seems a bit longer and fuller, make up was well done, seems like she may have lost a bit of weight, nice dark pants suit, red blouse, very chic. Very relaxed too.She is getting more and more comfortable. People are starting to say she'd wipe the floor with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 128December 8, 2019 2:01 AM

Did we ever find out if her hair was just blowing in the last debate or is she getting the Parkinson’s?

by Anonymousreply 129December 8, 2019 2:04 AM

She doesn’t have any of the problematic issues that are plaguing Biden, Warren, and Buttigieg. And she appeals to moderates.

The biggest criticism of her is that she’s boring.

She’s going to surge.

by Anonymousreply 130December 8, 2019 2:18 AM

If Amy breaks out all she has to do is go to the pharmacy and get some Benzoyl peroxide cream. It will clear it up.

by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2019 2:52 AM

Amy for VP

by Anonymousreply 132December 8, 2019 3:01 AM

Hey gurl, you got this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 8, 2019 3:20 AM

The snow speech was actually very memorable. It is so Midwest. Amy seems very normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 8, 2019 4:56 AM

Normal except she eat salad with a comb.

by Anonymousreply 135December 8, 2019 3:17 PM

Well, she seems looser and more relaxed and even shows evidence of a sense of humor. Yes, she's nerdy, but she is showing herself to be warm and nicer too.

by Anonymousreply 136December 8, 2019 3:33 PM

She's Tim Kaine without the guitar. And she has no Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 137December 8, 2019 3:34 PM

She’s the next President. She’s the only Democrat who can win.

by Anonymousreply 138December 8, 2019 7:35 PM

Well, first she has to get nominated, and right now I don't think she has much support beyond Iowa and New Hampshire. She won't do well in South Carolina, baby. Or in Nevada. What's her message besides being against Medicare 4 All and not giving free college to rich kids.

by Anonymousreply 139December 8, 2019 7:56 PM

[quote]What's her message besides being against Medicare 4 All and not giving free college to rich kids.

Her message is R14 and R38.

by Anonymousreply 140December 8, 2019 7:59 PM

She’s awesome. And the only candidate who can win those white Obama-turned-Trump voters.

I just sent her some money.

by Anonymousreply 141December 8, 2019 8:07 PM

I can't find the article now, but I read something Sunday that said it's an open secret in Washington she's a nightmare boss, and if she were to become the nominee or the VP nominee, there will be videos of her acting out to staffers that will sink her like stone.

by Anonymousreply 142December 9, 2019 7:56 AM

I find her a boring and often hard to follow when she speaks extemporaneously. There’s something very awkward about her.

by Anonymousreply 143December 9, 2019 12:11 PM

The whole “she’s a nightmare boss” narrative seems rather sexist.

None of the male candidates would ever have their management of staff questioned.

by Anonymousreply 144December 9, 2019 3:40 PM

[quote]Where’s the evidence that she throws things at people?

She's like a mother to... What comb?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 9, 2019 3:54 PM

I do not like Klobuchar, nor did I like Gillabrand.

I think a strong, unapologetic man is more to me taste. Brown should be brought back into the race.

by Anonymousreply 146December 9, 2019 3:58 PM

I can't find it now, but I read something yesterday that said it's an open secret in Washington that she is a nightmare boss. She has the highest staff turnover in DC, and if she is on the ticket, even as VP, there are videos that will be released that will sink her like stone.

Apparently we haven't seen them yet because Republicans would rather use them to hurt the Democratic ticket, not just this particular candidate.

by Anonymousreply 147December 9, 2019 4:52 PM

R144, how is it sexist? You say no male employer would have their management style questioned, but that's just not true. If a man has a reputation for treating his staff poorly, word gets around and if videos surface of him screaming at a staffer, he is held accountable.

There have been countless videos of men behaving poorly that have gone viral and harmed the guys' reputations.

I totally agree sexism is rampant and women are held to a different standard, but when it comes to bullying and abuse, it doesn't matter if the person is male or female, they look like assholes and lose many fans when the proof comes out.

Alec Baldwin and Mel Gibson come to mind, although their episodes weren't related to staff management.

Men often get away with bad behavior in he said/she said situations where there is no definitive proof, as we are now seeing in the stories related to Weinstein, Epstein, and Prince Andrew, but when there's video or when there are multiple, unrelated accusations from different people, the situation changes.

by Anonymousreply 148December 9, 2019 5:14 PM

Oh please. Ray Charles can see very clearly how sexist the media and other politicians have treated the women candidates. All of them. Warren, Harris and Klobuchar. And honestly, no staffer would come forward to bad mouth a Presidential or a Vice Presidential nominee. Not if they want to work in Washington, or in Washington adjacent jobs. if you worked for Amy you were someone who supported the Dems. And those staffers float around. Anything can happen and there are a lot of opportunities for advancement. I'm sure that Bill Clinton had some "moments" with staff because he could be very demanding and he had a temper. Lyndon Johnson was notorious for treating his staff horribly. He would humiliate them in public and give them a dressing down in front of an audience of other staffers or members of Congress. This was when he was in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 149December 10, 2019 4:08 AM

Eww! Three words: Clear. A. Sil.

by Anonymousreply 150December 10, 2019 9:59 AM

Amy is now polling at 10% in Iowa, nearly overtaking Warren.

Go Amy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 11, 2019 1:49 AM

The next debate will be much better without the riffraff, especially Tulsi.

by Anonymousreply 152December 12, 2019 10:00 PM

Amy was correct when she called Medicare for All a pipedream.

by Anonymousreply 153December 14, 2019 6:13 PM

Amy -

Throwing book binders and staplers at your staff does not endear you to this country.

Neither does eating salads with combs and having the worst record amongst your Senate colleagues for treatment of those “below you”.

We already have one tantrum- throwing toddler-in-chief occupying the White House.

Electing another would be devastating to the USA.

Your body language and shaking, suppressed rage while speaking does you no favors.

Call it a day. Go back to Minnesota and obtain some treatment and therapy for your anger and issues surrounding your alcoholic family.

When you can treat others with respect and decency without attacks, you WILL be doing this country a service.

Thank you.

Signed -

Fellow Citizen

by Anonymousreply 154December 14, 2019 6:26 PM

R1, Pete is pretty terrible. He's not qualified.

But he might have a bright future if he works on it. But that future is not now.

I'd take Klobuchar any day over Pete.

by Anonymousreply 155December 14, 2019 6:45 PM

[quote]And she's a bully - watch what'll happen if she ever crosses 10% in any early state.

Okay, R4, she's already reached 10% in Iowa. What am I supposed to be watching for exactly? Other than watching her continue to rise in the polls of course.

by Anonymousreply 156December 14, 2019 6:49 PM

She’s toast.

Even if polling rises, the videos (leaked) will impale her career: including that of her Senate career.

We are tiring quickly of bullies.

It would serve her to quietly bow out. If not....we will wait for the fireworks (which she’s known for behind the scenes anyways).

Despite all efforts, STUFF is coming to the surface. (Hence, why Trump et al. appear to be more flagrant about their misdeeds....But that’s another story).

If she were wise, she would know this. But she is not wise. Hence her well-known bullying reputation.

by Anonymousreply 157December 14, 2019 7:10 PM

Yeah, there aren't any videos.

by Anonymousreply 158December 14, 2019 7:39 PM

[bold]Amy Klobuchar Was Late To A Fight For Marriage Equality. Why? "This Is Politics."[/bold]

Ames comes under the spotlight.

[quote]When a same-sex marriage ban was on the ballot in Minnesota, LGBTQ activists repeatedly urged Amy Klobuchar to speak up. For months, she refused. What Klobuchar's long history of political caution meant to LGBTQ Minnesotans.

[quote]One marriage activist compared Klobuchar's stance on the marriage ban to a train. "She starts at the back... At the very end, as it’s pulling into the station, she runs up front and it’s like she was driving the train all along.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 17, 2019 3:10 PM

Oh, the Progressives and the Trans/Q+ activists don’t like her? That’s great news. Most of America wants a moderate.

by Anonymousreply 160December 17, 2019 3:42 PM

If she’s not the nominee, she has an excellent chance of being Biden’s VP pick.

by Anonymousreply 161December 17, 2019 3:43 PM

I will never vote for someone, male or female, who behaves like her. Her anger management problems, alone, disqualify her. She has all the personality quirks of Donald Trump - just a different party.

by Anonymousreply 162December 17, 2019 8:55 PM

[quote]Well, she seems looser and more relaxed and even shows evidence of a sense of humor. Yes, she's nerdy, but she is showing herself to be warm and nicer too.

Beware the winner of the talent competition. Which I say as winner of the talent competition.

by Anonymousreply 163December 17, 2019 9:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 17, 2019 9:14 PM

[quote]On CNN following the debate, Klobuchar again warned that Democrats should be careful not to nominate a candidate who wasn't "able to win in a statewide race and then failed in a race for Democratic National Committee," Klobuchar said.

This quote was from the Senate thread, but it really illustrates why Pete can’t be the nominee and why Amy is far superior.

by Anonymousreply 165December 21, 2019 7:53 PM

^debate thread.

by Anonymousreply 166December 21, 2019 7:53 PM

She’s breaking out, busting out, whatever you want to call it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 21, 2019 7:55 PM

Pete is going to drop in the polls, like all the other former front-runners have.

Meanwhile, Amy is just starting to surge after her debate performance. She’s going to peak in terms of polling right as the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primaries take place.

She’s going to peak at exactly the right moment to win everything.

by Anonymousreply 168December 21, 2019 7:57 PM

The comb and stapler stories will follow her around, as they should

by Anonymousreply 169December 21, 2019 8:20 PM

The comb and stapler stories aren’t real, unlike “wine cave Pete” and his million-dollar-donor problems. And his “can’t win a statewide race” issues.

by Anonymousreply 170December 21, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote] The comb and stapler stories aren’t real

How so?

What IS REAL is her notorious reputation as a bully in the Senate who demonstrates unbridled anger towards her staff.

Hell, I’m outside the beltway and even know about this.

And she literally - physically - shakes with emotion when she speaks in public.

As the poster above stated, anger and bullying in a candidate is an automatic disqualification for me. Especially.....ESPECIALLY, following in Trump’s wake.

by Anonymousreply 171December 21, 2019 8:33 PM

Klobuchar is a hateful bitch who has no idea how to manage people. A Klobuchar administration would be a total disaster with employee attrition rates rivaling Jabba the Trump's.

by Anonymousreply 172December 21, 2019 8:37 PM

I like Klobuchar’s moderate positions and policies. If voters take the time to listen to her, and look at her proposals, they may be convinced to vote for her. She (and Biden) have my vote. I live in a red district in the Interior West, and it’s clear to me that the Dems need a fiesty moderate. She’s it. Plus, she’s from Minnesota.

by Anonymousreply 173December 21, 2019 8:43 PM

“Feisty Moderate”

We have a “feisty IMPOTUS” at the moment. Personally don’t feel that’s working all too well for The States at the moment.

Have a feeling that the devastation left in Trump’s wake will not be solved by further division or angry derision.

In contrast, I would like to see someone who has a more unifying demeanour. Angry “we can’t do x, y and z” stances of some “moderates” (when the Trump admin is demonstrating they CAN DO heaps of things that were seemingly unthinkable in the last admin) do not resonate.

Fresh ideas. Vision. Someone who is secure and not an emotional roller coaster will receive my support.

by Anonymousreply 174December 21, 2019 8:59 PM

Klobuchar/Biden is an unbeatable ticket.

by Anonymousreply 175December 21, 2019 8:59 PM

[quote]What IS REAL is her notorious reputation as a bully in the Senate who demonstrates unbridled anger towards her staff.

That’s EXACTLY who we need to take on Trump, and win. And then take on that unbridled asshole, Mitch McConnell, in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 176December 21, 2019 9:01 PM

[quote] Klobuchar/Biden is an unbeatable ticket.

I have to assume you meant Biden/Klobuchar. No way in hell would Joe Biden lower himself to be VP again, especially under that bitch. I don't think there's a chance in hell he would ever want her as his VP either.

by Anonymousreply 177December 21, 2019 9:06 PM

[quote]I have to assume you meant Biden/Klobuchar.

Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 178December 21, 2019 9:08 PM

Well then you are delusional. Biden as a VP under that hag. LOL

by Anonymousreply 179December 21, 2019 9:17 PM

Biden is VP material, and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 180December 21, 2019 9:19 PM

[quote]Biden is VP material, and nothing more.

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 181December 22, 2019 1:56 AM

[quote]When respondents were asked before and after the debate whether they believed a particular candidate could beat Trump — and to rank the candidate’s chances between 0 and 100 — Klobuchar stood out as the one who made the biggest impression.

Voters have caught on that she’s the moderate, experienced, non-elderly candidate WHO CAN ACTUALLY BEAT TRUMP that they’ve been looking for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 22, 2019 10:13 PM

I have two acquaintances who are both black and over 50 and they both said Amy is their choice so far. She is the no-frills candidate and I think people like that about her. She also made a positive impression last year at the Kavanaugh hearings. She is fighting for her life right now in Iowa, but she definitely should make an effort to reach minority voters. A lot of them are not impressed by Biden.

by Anonymousreply 183December 22, 2019 10:49 PM

"I am Klo-BU-char!"

by Anonymousreply 184December 22, 2019 11:22 PM

It was her strongest debate. You could really see her potential. I admire her moxie but, sadly, I still don't thing the country is 'ready for a female POTUS'.

by Anonymousreply 185December 23, 2019 12:02 AM

Amy, you're NOT likeable enough.

by Anonymousreply 186December 23, 2019 12:06 AM

That's funny because Obama just recently said in a speech that women make better leaders. He was alluding to someone and it obviously isn't Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 187December 23, 2019 2:41 AM

Obama wasn’t talking about Tulsi either.

by Anonymousreply 188December 24, 2019 7:39 PM

R183

At one political website, the members who are Biden fans positively gloat about how much Black America loves him.

by Anonymousreply 189December 24, 2019 7:43 PM

Biden is only one or two racially-problematic gaffes away from losing his Black support.

by Anonymousreply 190December 24, 2019 7:45 PM

r187 He was talking about Warren unfortunately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 24, 2019 7:48 PM

Ngl, she's probably my favorite candidate at this point.

by Anonymousreply 192December 24, 2019 7:48 PM

Wow... I just read a couple Salon pieces on Obama.

1) I'm not sure if he thinks anybody is good enough

2) What an ego.

To be honest, I'm surprised at his arrogance. I thought he was all groovy, peace and love but he's.... kind of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 193December 31, 2019 10:00 PM

Would it have killed you R193 to link to one of the articles?

by Anonymousreply 194December 31, 2019 10:03 PM

I still believe that American men won't vote for a wonan. They already feel emasculated enough by women (hence the popularity of facial hair).

If the Dem. candidate had been a guy named Clint Hillary- he'd be POTUS right now.

by Anonymousreply 195December 31, 2019 10:05 PM

From my deathbed, R194

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196December 31, 2019 10:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197December 31, 2019 10:38 PM

Thanks R196

by Anonymousreply 198December 31, 2019 10:44 PM

NO! She’s still an entitled white cunt.

by Anonymousreply 199December 31, 2019 11:57 PM

I do not like her...she is probably like Trump, with a brain.

by Anonymousreply 200January 1, 2020 12:27 AM

I do not like her...she is probably like Trump, with a brain.

by Anonymousreply 201January 1, 2020 12:27 AM

She can't seem to break past 3%.

by Anonymousreply 202January 1, 2020 12:34 AM

[quote] If the Dem. candidate had been a guy named Clint Hillary- he'd be POTUS right now.

"Clint Hillary" would not have stayed with a cheating spouse who humiliated the shit out of him. That's the difference.

by Anonymousreply 203January 1, 2020 1:48 AM

r193 I agree, I've always liked him and it is sad to see. He needs to stay out of the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 204January 1, 2020 1:58 AM

Care to share R193? I can't find the pieces you're referring to.

by Anonymousreply 205January 1, 2020 2:05 AM

Debunked, R195. Hillary is just as hateable as a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 1, 2020 2:07 AM

So many people are now listing Amy as their second choice candidate. If Biden falters, many of those votes will go to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 5, 2020 8:50 PM

That article seemed unusually in her favor, with very little criticism of her candidacy, almost as though the writer were subtly endorsing Amy.

by Anonymousreply 208January 5, 2020 8:57 PM

Amy Is the most likely to be Biden’s running mate at this point.

by Anonymousreply 209January 10, 2020 1:48 PM

It's too bad she and Mayor Pete are both a couple of hot heads. And R193, he is not wrong. It's what we're all thinking of this crop of candidates.

by Anonymousreply 210January 10, 2020 2:30 PM

It's not what I am thinking, R210, you pompous ass. The field is as strong as it usually is and that's fine. The country can't produce an Obama or a Clinton every time and much of their myth is down to strong economies and extraordinary communication skills.

by Anonymousreply 211January 10, 2020 3:18 PM

R211 you honestly believe these yoyos are strong candidates? The top three are too old, the rest would most likely lose to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 212January 10, 2020 3:26 PM

I think the field is typical and the republic, thus far, has survived.

by Anonymousreply 213January 10, 2020 3:28 PM

All of them are better than Hillary was.

by Anonymousreply 214January 10, 2020 5:22 PM

For many swing state moderates, it will come down to Amy or Trump. None of the other Dem candidates are even a possibility at this point.

by Anonymousreply 215January 11, 2020 8:55 PM

Every time I see this I think pimples.

by Anonymousreply 216January 11, 2020 9:08 PM

Endorsed now by the NYTimes.

by Anonymousreply 217January 20, 2020 6:04 PM

she's doing as badly as Buttigieg when it comes to black support though

but she is seeing a surge in mostly white New Hampshire

by Anonymousreply 218January 20, 2020 6:10 PM

No. Biden is the man!

by Anonymousreply 219January 20, 2020 6:10 PM

She's starting to surge right now, at just the right time... just about 2 weeks before the first votes.

by Anonymousreply 220January 20, 2020 6:12 PM

Maybe not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221January 20, 2020 6:15 PM

Amy is so refreshingly boring. Couldn't we all use a little bit of boring in the WH right about now?

by Anonymousreply 222January 20, 2020 6:23 PM

if Amy keeps going it will be an issue that her campaign initially accepted a donation last summer from Linda Fairstein, the now infamous Central Park 5 prosecutor. Klobuchar 's campaign only returned the donation at the beginning of January.

by Anonymousreply 223January 20, 2020 6:33 PM

Biden seems to be failing... upward.

by Anonymousreply 224January 20, 2020 6:39 PM

Klob couldn't even take on Brett Kavanaugh without cowering and looking like she was going to cry when he went off on his cornered-alcoholic-rage-fest at her.

She only stands up to people she thinks are less powerful than she is.

She's a bully, passive-aggressive, and as someone said far above, she literally shakes with silent rage or if she speaks, her voice quavers.

Plus, there's that thing about her convicting an innocent black teenager of murder and putting him in prison for life.

by Anonymousreply 225January 30, 2020 11:55 AM

I say this as unqualified medical personnel: she's turning into Su-su-su-su-su-su-su-san Col-oll-oll-ollins.

by Anonymousreply 226January 30, 2020 11:57 AM

Looks like Amy did far better than expected in Iowa. We’ll have to wait for the final results of course.

by Anonymousreply 227February 4, 2020 5:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!