Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: Gus Kenworthy leaves US team for Great Britain

He will complete in 2022 in China against the US. Claims he is doing it to "inspire other LGBT stars".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2019 1:36 PM

Wow. Proves that you CAN actually run out of cock in an entire country.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 10:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 10:56 AM

R2 try spelling his name properly and it might show up in a search.

Let's continue this thread since the other one is light.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 10:58 AM

Olympic silver medal-winning skier Gus Kenworthy wants to be a role model for aspiring LGBT snowsport stars after switching allegiances from the US to Team GB.

The 28-year-old, who won slopestyle silver at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, is setting his sights on more medals at Beijing 2022, having formally joined GB Snowsport on Tuesday.

Kenworthy, who is also an actor and starred in the hit US drama American Horror Story: 1984, came out as gay to his close family and friends before the Russia triumph - and the multi-disciplined freeskier believes there are perceptions that still need changing when it comes to LGBT inclusion in sport.

"It's not easy to come out - it's quite scary - and I think, because there is a lack of people that have done it, that makes it even more scary," he told Sky Sports News.

"There certainly is a stigma that surrounds it and, if you're in a team sport, then there's a fear that you are going to mess up the team dynamic, and that things are going to change or shift, and you don't want to be responsible for that.

"If you're in an individual sport, you're worried about losing endorsement deals or being judged poorly, so all those fears are valid unfortunately.

"But once you do come out and take that leap of faith, people will tell you that it's very liberating, that it's very freeing and usually you perform better.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 10:59 AM

I have no idea how switching to the UK makes him inspire more LGBT people.

Did he get rejected by the US team?

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 11:00 AM

I read another report where he states that he'd doing it because his mom is British, had been his staunchest supporter, and he wants to 'pay her back. Wanting to inspire more LGBT people was a totally separate point, unrelated to switching country allegiance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 11:07 AM

He is also seeking citizenship.

Most everyone in the US should try to get a second passport just in case.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 11:13 AM

Traitor and tr-nscult enabler.

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 11:13 AM

Wait until he finds out about Brexit and he won't be able to score EU cock so regularly. There goes his dreams of Berlin pass-around partying.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 11:28 AM

Translation: he knows he won’t qualify for the U.S. team

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 11:33 AM

[quote]Kenworthy, who is also an actor and starred in the hit US drama American Horror Story: 1984

That was sweet of them for calling him an actor.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 11:35 AM

Bart Conner gave a better performance as himself on [italic]Diff’rent Strokes[/italic] in real-world 1984.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 11:37 AM

I love my fellow gays but I love the US team more. I will have to root against him

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 11:44 AM

Dear America, please keep the worn out slut, we will take this one instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 11:51 AM

For some reason I thought Chris Mazder was Canadian.

Also, UK already accepted him onto their team r14 🤔

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 11:53 AM

Please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 11:54 AM

You should see the video of that, r16

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 12:14 PM

I would R17 but I am actually DEAD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 12:17 PM

Take Adam Ripoff with you on your way out, traitor!

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 12:20 PM

He’s not even that hot. He has a face like a goat.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 12:21 PM

He is a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 12:27 PM

No no we DEFINITELY don't want Rippon as well. This Gus person is already far enough the enough lot. Keep your garbage America.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 12:29 PM

Easily the worst thing about this website is the handful of gays here who go out of their way to trash any out gay man and glorify/worship any straight one.

It's pathetic. I never meet gay men like this in real life ever. But they seem to flock to this website

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2019 12:47 PM

R23=Gus

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2019 12:49 PM

Don’t get too excited, Gus. Big Ben is a bell. Just a bell.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2019 12:50 PM

R8 I agree I feel like he's being a bit traitor-y too

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2019 12:51 PM

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2019 12:52 PM

Didn’t speed skater Apollo Ono race for Japan or something? Certainly what Gus is doing isn’t that unusual.

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2019 12:53 PM

It screams "I didn't qualify for the US team"

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2019 1:05 PM

He heard we like a sloppy hole and fist like no other

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2019 1:08 PM

First the Brexit and then this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2019 1:15 PM

He's a moron. What is with all these gay athletes/celebrities who seem so diffuse? There's so much potential there and then, bam, they do some stupid BS like this.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 1:20 PM

"Didn’t speed skater Apollo Ono race for Japan or something"

No, Apolo Ohno only skated for the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2019 1:24 PM

Isn't there a "conflict of interest" if he does that? He has intimate knowledge of the US team

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2019 7:18 PM

I bet he has ' intimate knowledge' of most teams in the circuit, hunty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2019 9:46 PM

Am I the only one who finds him completely unattractive?

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2019 10:08 PM

No R36, he looks like a toad, and is so obviously a cretin that it kills any sexiness his body would otherwise have. I have never seen anyone look that stupid. Seriously

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2019 10:18 PM

If you read through the very repetitive article linked at OP, it is eventually revealed that GB has an easier qualifying process with more time to rest before the games. Gus thinks he can do better under those circumstances. His mom is British and he already has a British passport, so no shenanigans involved.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2019 10:58 PM

We don't want him

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2019 11:03 PM

R39 clearly you do since he is already on the team.

R38 as we said, he doesn't think he will be able to make the US team so he is going to the UK team which is easier and will compete against the US instead.

I'm not sure what all the blather about it being to "be an LGBTQ role model" is, though.

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2019 12:27 AM

Every LGBTQ role model these days cares more about being an Instaho

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2019 12:40 AM

Here's what Gus posted on IG:

[quote]I am very excited to announce that I will be competing for Team GB on the road to the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing. Although I was raised in the US I was born in the UK and my mum is British through-and-through. She has been my #1 fan for my entire life and has proudly stood at the bottom of the mountain waving the stars and stripes in support of me for two Olympic cycles. Now, in what is sure to be my last Olympic appearance, I'd like to return the honor by proudly holding up the British flag for her. ♥️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2019 5:49 AM

Good Riddance

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2019 7:29 AM

Love that he tries to place the blame on his mom and make it into a noble thing. If he was honest about his reasons I'd have more respect for him.

by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2019 12:33 PM

I agree. How does this act inspire LGB? Whatever, he's dumb but he's cute and charming. Who wants to be a skier in UK? Can one even train at Glenshee?

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2019 1:05 PM

At least he didn't come to Canada. We have enough self-hating Americans already thanks to the Vietnam War draft dodgers!

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2019 1:19 PM

That goat-face reminds me of why I never liked Danny Pintauro.

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2019 1:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!