Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are Girls Trying to be Ugly?

What is this new BoHo Hipster Homeless couture look?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 9:51 AM

I never understood this look....must be a Feminist computer geek thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 10:51 AM

I never understood this look....must be a Feminist computer geek thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 10:51 AM

The topknots are stupid looking. Women want to look like Cindy Lou Who these days.

The pantsless oversized tee shirt thing...I don’t get it, but OK.

I am really baffled by the Julia Sugarbaker glasses. I follow someone on social media who seems to think she is a glamazon and she started wearing these insanely oversized, half-face eyeglasses a year or so ago. I presume she reads Vogue or whatever and immediately puts on whatever they prescribe as the hot new thing. It looks incredibly homely to me, but...whatever.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 11:04 AM

I think some women are so weary of male attention they are making themselves into unfuckables.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 11:14 AM

R4 No, I think that Gen Z and young Millennial women see this style as sexy now. They call it “VSCO girl.” It’s very specific: Top knot on head, scrunchies worn on the wrist like bracelets, oversized tee shirts that cover shorts/underwear for a pantsless look, shell necklace, too much makeup, and a metal water bottle with kitchy vinyl stickers stuck to it.

Really. It’s a thing. Like a uniform. And you can be sure that they think it makes them fuckable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 11:18 AM

Being ugly detracts from their obesity.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 11:37 AM

I don't know about a general trend but Talullah is naturally ugly. She probably just realizes there's no point in trying.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 11:39 AM

Talullah is anorexic. I would put money on it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 12:20 PM

R5 both those girls are hideous and obnoxious and deserved to be slapped viciously.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 3:31 PM

Yeah some are because fuck it.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 3:39 PM

Yes, it seems to be the goal of a section of young women now. Look at these women (some of whom are hetero) with that butch half-shaved head look. Can anyone honestly say that haircut has improved anyone's looks? It's not like you go "WOW, that chick has a half-shaved head, she's really hot!". Or look at all the women (and worse, gay men) who have septum piercings. It's supposed to be a "fuck you" to men. It's like the more they try to make themselves ugly, the more desperate they are for male love.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 3:43 PM

Seems to be the case, yes. It's not attracting me, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 4:02 PM

Meanwhile, young guys are looking prettier and not afraid to show off more. Males are just rightfully assuming the natural position as the more beautiful sex of the species, as it is in all of the animal kingdom. I'm okay with this.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 4:11 PM

As a good friend of many fraus.... they do it to piss off their parents ... misguided rebellion ... nothing new

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 4:21 PM

Who gave you permission to look at them with your toxic male gaze?

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 4:25 PM

Brilliant R15

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 4:51 PM

This group of college age chicks look and dress fug.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 4:52 PM

If they think they're rebelling against the prevalent Kardashian Look, with huge false eyelashes, heavy makeup, kneepads, and super-tight slutwear… more power to then.

Maybe they think that they'll be taken more seriously if they dress down. Which isn't necessarily true, but it is true that nobody will take anyone dressed like a Kardashian seriously.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 5:42 PM

They look awful.

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 9:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!