Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Certain parts only

I roasted a chicken for a couple of guests and one of them insisted "White meat only and NO wings' Of course I gave her what she asked for.

I prefer the thigh and the wings so for me it worked out well but I would never say I will ONLY eat this part.

You?

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2019 4:54 PM

Your guest is your guest. Make them feel at home.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 8:42 AM

Obviously and as stated I already did that R1 so what is the point of your post?

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 8:52 AM

[quote]... but I would never say I will ONLY eat this part. You?

Exactly what I wrote. Your guest is your guest and if you are a good host the right thing to do is your best to accommodate them.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 12:50 PM

Yes hall monitor, thank you so much for trying to divert the topic yet again.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 3:14 PM

Too bad she didn’t choke on it.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 3:16 PM

Lots of people only want the breast meat. They are basic bitches, but that’s ok. Smile, let them have it, and judge them silently.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 3:20 PM

Are you new to polite society, OP? Have you never had a guest at your home before?

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 3:22 PM

You're a guest in a person's home, not a restaurant. If bitch wanted white meat, then go home and cook some.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 3:35 PM

Proper etiquette would have for OP which parts the guest prefers.

The guest was a rude cunt for insisting she ONLY have the good parts.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 3:39 PM

Hmm, I once had a guest phone the day before a dinner invite to ask for ‘something light and non-spicy’ as she was running a marathon the next day. I had already bought heaps of pricey fish plus the special pan for a large paella so she got an extra helping of side salad. I should have cooked her some of your chicken, OP. You were the better host.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 3:45 PM

Chicken breast tastes very different (& better IMO) than dark meat.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 3:51 PM

Agree, r11. The breast takes a marinade so well but care is needed to keep succulent and not overcooked. The legs and thighs have a gamier taste and being on the bone tend to stay moist.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 3:57 PM

It's definitely polite to ask your guests what they would like and provide accordingly, I don't like to eat anything other than breast meat so if someone served me up legs and wings it would create an awkward situation where I'd have to either eat something I didn't want to, or state that I wasn't eating it.

I remember going to a friend's house as a kid and his mum asked me if I wanted white or dark meat from the chicken and I was completely bamboozled because I had never been given the choice before, my parents knew that breast was all I would eat so only ever gave me breast.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 4:06 PM

I can’t eat something with parents except for eggs

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 4:28 PM

I have a partner and several friends who only eat the breast, and I accommodate, although it irks me a little bit when I go shopping, because chicken breasts are about 3 times the price of thighs.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 4:34 PM

I always ask for a thigh attached to the cunt bone. Yum

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 4:38 PM

I prefer having the platter passed to me so I can select my own serving.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 4:58 PM

The breast is the blandest part. Thighs and drumsticks are tastier.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 5:03 PM

R11 & R12 are clearly white American people.

No one else in the world likes breast meat.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 5:03 PM

I once had a dinner guest who said he didn't eat chicken "off the bone", meaning it had to boneless and skinless or he "couldn't" eat it.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 5:03 PM

^^be boneless

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 5:04 PM

R20 Send a cunt to me for a week and I guarantee you he’ll eat anything.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 5:07 PM

LOL R22 the guy was a fat slob too.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2019 5:09 PM

I eat what I want to eat and I can be very direct about it.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2019 5:11 PM

Come to my house for dinner R24. I can be very direct too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2019 5:22 PM

Or one could be sneaky about it....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2019 5:24 PM

This thread is making me feel unusually sociable. Pass a drumstick.

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2019 5:25 PM

Hmm ... I guess it is rude, as a guest, to ask for breast meat only. Reason: Americans (U.S.) mostly prefer breast meat & you might be taking more than your "share" of breast meat. I'm American, but some of my family members prefer the brown meat (thigh, drumstick). So, I've always felt OK asking for breast meat. Truth be told, I don't really like poultry.

I also don't like eating meat off the bone (ribs, drumsticks), but I wouldn't make demands as a guest.

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote]Americans (U.S.) mostly prefer breast meat & you might be taking more than your "share" of breast meat.

And you should see them go after the Veal Prince Orloff!

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2019 5:42 PM

I like a guest who states boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2019 5:44 PM

My friend stayed with a well to do family overseas and was horrified when another guest sent her meal back to the kitchen complaining that she didn't "eat chicken off the bone." He had to explain to her that the reason the staff became chilly towards her was that they weren't running a restaurant and you don't send your meal back to the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2019 5:47 PM

What we need is a major "reset moment", such as a world war, famine or plague. These picky eaters would be thrilled to have a drumstick after that.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 5:48 PM

I'd be happy with a drum and a stick.

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2019 5:50 PM

How can someone not eat chicken “off the bone?” There are no boneless chickens. They are saying, “I need someone to cut up meat for me?” Am I missing some distinction?

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2019 5:56 PM

Is it that no utensils were provided and they don’t want to eat with their hands? That is not that unusual, especially when eating at a social gathering. But why not just ask for a knife and fork?

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2019 5:57 PM

R34–do they let you operate heavy machinery?

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2019 6:01 PM

Two chicken breasts, please!

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2019 6:02 PM

R20 I had (past tense) a brother-in-law who couldn't eat chicken unless it was "hidden chicken." The part of the bird didn't matter. The fact that it was somehow disguised as something other than a piece of chicken, whether heavily breaded or batter-fried or deeply napped with sauce, cut up in a casserole, fine; he was OK with it shredded into chicken tenders, but it couldn't look like chicken, however he thought chicken looked.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2019 6:05 PM

Boneless chicken thighs for me please, servant.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2019 6:06 PM

OP - Did you ask her what she wanted? Was she rude or polite? Do you know her well?

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2019 6:19 PM

Was your guest Donna Dasher, by any chance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2019 6:22 PM

I'm wondering how some of these people accomplish other things. Something makes me think they don't believe themselves capable of taking a dump either...that's for the little people.

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote]'something light and non-spicy’ as she was running a marathon the next day. I had already bought heaps of pricey fish plus the special pan for a large paella so she got an extra helping of side salad.

Paella is light, non-spicy (unless you don't know how to make one) and the rice has carbs. Perfect for a marathoner.

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2019 11:32 PM

I will only eat pussy.

by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2019 11:35 PM

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2019 12:14 AM

The way she asked was rude.

“I’d love some white meat, thanks. It looks delicious.” Is how I’d phrase my preference. And if the wings were offered, I’d say “No thank you.”

But of course, I’d be asking for the leg and thigh meat. (You bitches don’t want to see me picking apart a chicken in the privacy of my own kitchen. Dunking the crispy skin in the pan juices...)

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2019 2:57 AM

I prefer dark meat, but will eat anything. It won't kill you to eat something that isn't your favorite - it's just one meal, and a free one at that... wash it down with a beer and enjoy the evening.

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2019 3:02 AM

Some people are what I call “high rollers”. They will never ever ever just accept something as it has been presented, because they “don’t settle”. They demand the best; they know the best option is always held back and the least attractive option is always thrown to the plebes first.

Oh yeah. They have special request and orders and modifications and accommodations. The pleasure for them is extracting the special thing from someone that an ordinary person didn’t even know was an option.

These people are easily manipulated, actually. OP take note.

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2019 3:13 AM

Your guest's food issues scream personality disorder, OP.

Run for your life.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2019 3:57 AM

I'm curious how you've managed to feed several guests with only one chicken, OP.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2019 11:38 AM

He said he had a couple of guests, which suggests there may have been three people in total. One chicken can feed three, unless all three insist on a whole breast and nothing else. OP has already said he likes the thighs and wings. One guest wanted breast only. I’m sure there was enough for a third person.

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2019 11:53 AM

Why would you eat or force someone to eat something they don't like nor want?

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2019 12:32 PM

I r̶o̶a̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶c̶k̶e̶n̶ cooked a squab f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶t̶s̶ for me and my cat

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2019 12:34 PM

[quote] I’m sure there was enough for a third person.

All I got was the back and the neck.

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2019 12:59 PM

Third person had to get some leftover meat from the carcass.

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2019 1:08 PM

I don’t think I have ever served chicken or turkey when I haven’t asked everyone what they wanted (or just carved and put it on a platter). That was how it was in my family growing up, and friends’ families. I think she just voiced her request more aggressively than OP expected. I would not have done what she did if I wasn’t asked my preference. I think it IS rude because, as a guest, you should not do anything that might embarrass your host. Like force him to reveal he miscalculated how much chicken he would need ( or that the dog grabbed one of the chickens or that he forgot to turn on the second oven or whatever).

But I don’t think it is a big deal and I don’t think OP didn’t want his guest to eat what she wanted, he was just surprised by the directness of her request.

OP, did she grow up in a large, close family? It’s possible that is the custom in her family. Don’t hold it against her and next time ask white or dark preemptively. You shouldn’t have to buy six chickens to feed six people so you do need to negotiate distribution a little and be prepared for some leftovers. I think you need to figure minimum one drumstick per invited guest, but you can tell your partner and any kids to lay off the drumsticks until all other guests have called dibs.

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2019 1:15 PM

Parts is parts....

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2019 1:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2019 1:39 PM

This calls for using a variation of my favorite all-occasion "slap and delete" phrase:

"Oh, I forgot you prefer the breast. It'll never happen again."

In other words eat, drink and be merry, dear, because this will be your last home-cooked meal under this roof. I will not suffer a fool within the sanctity of my home. Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice...

by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2019 1:54 PM

R56 She was an only child.

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2019 2:10 PM

Dark meat is gross.

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2019 2:19 PM

R48 You are spot on. My sister and her family own an upscale inn. The stories they tell of the pretentious asshole guests who call ahead to give VERY specific instructions as to what they can and cannot eat are ludicrous. Gluten free, lactose free, macrobiotic only...you name it. Then they get there and eat all the homemade chocolate chip cookies and breakfast casserole made with bread crumbs full of gluten and wash it all down with a big glass of lactose-filled milk.

by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2019 2:48 PM

LOL R58!! Is that Sharon in your pic??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2019 2:48 PM

Cock only please. No ass.

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2019 4:42 PM

[quote]Dark meat is gross.

Said the fragile little princess. Someday you may not be so lucky as to choose which part—or which animal—you eat.

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2019 4:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!