Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was Kamalas collapse caused by racism or sexisim

Yay or nay??

Julian Castro seems to think so at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 7, 2019 11:40 PM

Speaking as the next campaign to collapse

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 4:54 AM

She's fulfilled her duty and will serve in either the Biden or Warren administration.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 4:57 AM

Sit down, Julian, you're not getting any of Kamala's few supporters.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 4:57 AM

[quote]Was Kamalas collapse caused by racism or sexisim

Her "collapse" was caused by her unsuitability. Voters are not as stupid as she thought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 4:58 AM

The most important job of the president is hiring the right people. She doesn't have a good track record.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 4:59 AM

She didn't have that "drag Queen sans wig" look that Ms. Julia has.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 5:07 AM

I was behind Kamala until she pulled that stunt on Biden.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 5:09 AM

Kamala supporters on twitter can suck my dick. How the hell was the nytimes article unfair?

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 5:09 AM

Both, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 5:11 AM

I really liked her. A lot. Easily my pick. And then she ran a terrible campaign. The end.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 5:13 AM

Quick, tell me one substantive proposal that Harris made.

Now tell me one significant thing she did in the Senate.

That's your problem. You could tell me Biden, Sanders, Warren and I can tell you what they stand for. I may not necessarily agree with it, but I can tell you their "brand" so to speak.

Black voters, which take up a large part of the Democratic electorate and tend to vote as a block, are still coalised around Biden. And Harris' record of locking up thousands of black and brown kids for nonviolent drug offenses left nothing to inspire.

So I say good riddance. Castro needs to drop out too.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 5:16 AM

Quick, tell me one substantive proposal that Harris made.

Now tell me one significant thing she did in the Senate.

That's your problem. You could tell me Biden, Sanders, Warren and I can tell you what they stand for. I may not necessarily agree with it, but I can tell you their "brand" so to speak.

Black voters, which take up a large part of the Democratic electorate and tend to vote as a block, are still coalised around Biden. And Harris' record of locking up thousands of black and brown kids for nonviolent drug offenses left nothing to inspire.

So I say good riddance. Castro needs to drop out too.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 5:16 AM

Nope. She’s just a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 5:23 AM

Bad campaign and came across as thoroughly unlikable. Race and gender really didn't enter into it (but probably made her collapse a bit easier).

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 5:24 AM

Not likable. Someone I might higher as a lawyer on a team but not as a leader of the most powerful country in the world.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 5:45 AM

Yes, because Democrats are all racist and misogynistic.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 5:46 AM

Republicans are all racist and misogynistic.

There, fixed it for ya.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 5:54 AM

I thought Kamala was really likable. When she first announced, she was great in interviews. But it became evident over time that she really didn't stand for anything. She always tried to stake out a me-too position based upon whatever the popular proposal was at the moment. You can't really build a campaign on that.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 6:43 AM

Her pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 6:47 AM

Kamala’s Collapse was caused by money. Not enough of it.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 8:06 AM

We TOLD you so, DL's Kamaltoe troll / cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 8:06 AM

Well, since she was polling poorly with the black community, I'd say...

No, not really.

No one was that into her.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 8:13 AM

Always such a good idea to take on the media. He’ll do really well with this strategy. Who’s running his campaign, Kamala?

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2019 9:15 AM

She was a bad candidate. No one liked her.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2019 10:14 AM

Yes. And now we face an all white Democratic debate panel

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2019 10:17 AM

Yes. And now we face an all white Democratic debate panel

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2019 10:17 AM

That depends. Which one was her nickname for her campaign?

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2019 10:21 AM

Castro is another one who's been making it all about race recently. Not a peep about how Iowa and New Hampshire are too white to be the first caucus and primary of the cycle... until Pete started polling well there. Now he can't shut up about it!

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2019 10:21 AM

He has a point. Castro was whitewashed out of the debate lineup...and now this?

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2019 10:21 AM

I can't believe that people are using racism as an excuse for what happened to Kamala. Kamala had three big issues. A horribly run campaign, no clear message, and she could never gain traction with black democrats.

The busing thing, the t-shirt, and money for homes to increase black ownership didn't help either either. That wasn't racism, people saw it as disingenuous and pandering.

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2019 10:30 AM

[quote]Castro was whitewashed out of the debate lineup

What. Does. That. Even. Mean?

People saw his nasty true colors when he (wrongly) rode Biden's ass for misremembering a thing and his polling took a dive. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2019 10:35 AM

Kamala was running when we are, culturally speaking, in a very conservative period, and a woman running for president upsets a lot of people. A black woman is completely off the table for more Americans than we want to admit.

That said, I don't think it was mainly racism. She was formerly a prosecutor and a lot of liberal and leftist folks who would have voted for her otherwise, as well as people of color of any political orientation, weren't happy with that.

She flip-flopped a lot, seemed uncomfortable in a lot of public situations, pandered in obvious ways, and like others noted, had no real message.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 10:40 AM

[QUOTE] She was formerly a prosecutor and a lot of liberal and leftist folks who would have voted for her otherwise, as well as people of color of any political orientation, weren't happy with that.

Oh sure...just let criminals run the streets. Shows the mentality we are dealing with then.

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2019 10:49 AM

Her history as a prosecutor wasn't exactly spotless, R33.

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2019 10:53 AM

There's a difference between being uneasy with her prosecutorial record and her being a prosecutor. Biden leaned into the latter at one of the debates, pointedly saying he chose to be a public defender instead. But we need both for the justice system to work!

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2019 10:57 AM

Misogyny. And the Russians.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2019 11:11 AM

I actually admired her tough stance on crime.

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2019 11:19 AM

What about her anti-white racism and anti-male sexism towards Pete along with her stealth homophobia that manifested itself in her campaign with the way she tried to talk down to him?

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2019 11:20 AM

She's married to a white guy. She's no racist.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2019 2:21 PM

R39 Bad analogy. Like saying a man married to a woman can't be a misogynist.

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2019 2:24 PM

It was neither. She didn't have a plan, was wishy washy. Once her past came out, that didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2019 2:54 PM

Sorry, I just don't buy the misogyny thing.

The single most controversial woman in the country won the popular vote, as people are so fond of repeating ad nauseam her. And, yeah, on a good day a lot of people found her hard to like - but for the electoral college she won the election, and that's a structural matter. The states she lost didn't vote against her they voted for that Tweeting pumpkin disgracing us all right now.

So where's the proof the country won't vote for a woman? It did. She won the most votes.

If there's a problem it's that the Democrats keep putting forward the wrong women as candidates, but that's a different story.

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2019 7:01 PM

The day this happened Van Jones was grinning and moaning about all the things stacked against Kamala. Didn't make a comment I caught with regard to her campaign and platform problems. But it was clear Jones feels black Americans are entitled to a black candidate on the ticket. My impression was every time there's a ticket, going forward. I didn't know what to make of it and I don't know if it's sustainable. Bakari Sellars, another CNN talking head I used to really admire, was also a pretty petulant Kamala supporter.

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2019 7:04 PM

Does anyone else find it hilariously sad that CNN had Charlemagne The God on their channel to discuss his support for Kamala Harris? What does Charlemagne know about politics?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2019 7:13 PM

She has a scolding tone to her voice. She trots out her blaccent (or not) depending on the audience. Hillary did that, too.

That’s just the surface.

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2019 7:17 PM

So, the only surprise out of this Democratic presidential nominating process has been the success of Buttigieg. Biden, Bernie and Liz being front runners isn't a surprise and there's only room for a certain amount of people at the front of a huge pack. It's only normal for the other 23 people who announced to fall by the wayside. If any of them had anything interesting about them, they would have lasted longer. Harris had a bit of a buzz but she never did anything with it...that's not racism or misogyny, that's just her running a lousy campaign without a clear focus.

Buttigieg is the only one who has caught on but even that isn't really that big of a deal...he's mostly polling 3rd or 4th in most states and usually in single digits. Unless Biden has to drop out, Mayor Pete is really just eye candy and maybe a Veep possibility for 2020.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2019 8:28 AM

The far left hated her with a passion. Everything from her awful role as a prosecutor to her support of Israel. Now suddenly she’s a saint. I swear these people need to find victims in everything. It gets them off.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2019 8:40 AM

Campaign infighting. Adjusting her policies to suit the wind. Calling herself African-American when she's of Indian and Jamaican descent. That nasal quality in her voice.

But she was my first choice, initially. I loved her toughness, her strength, her intellect. And she's gorgeous, in a "powerful woman" kind of way.

Then she tried to make excuses for her prosecutorial record, which is the foundation of her whole political career. And her criticism of Pete was a deliberate distortion of what he said.

Her sister was a poor choice for campaign manager.

And running for president is a grueling and tricky job at which many much more experienced politicians have failed.

It's not a fair criticism to say she has accomplished nothing in a Senate run by Moscow Mitch. She has been phenomenal in confirmation hearings. I hope she sticks around for a long time, even if I don't want her to be president.

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2019 8:47 AM

The fact that any prosecutor would jump on the Jussie train without having the facts made it clear she is an incompetent fool. Then the that girl was me and going anti-gay was the final nail for her. She got her job by whoring. Everyone knows this.

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2019 9:28 AM

Her collapse was caused by her own hubris.

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2019 10:40 AM

Her collapse was due to her bad campaign. Stop with the sexism and racism crap. Cream rises to the top.

by Anonymousreply 51December 6, 2019 10:48 AM

No diversity between Bernie (atheist Jew), Pete (gay) and Warren (woman)? Lordy, nobody uses race as cynically as the Democrats. Kamala simply sucked.

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2019 10:51 AM

r52 And Amy! Not my pick, but she's a woman too and she'll also be on that stage.

by Anonymousreply 53December 6, 2019 11:18 AM

R48 Jamaicans (like Sen. Harris's father) descended from western coast Africans, same as todays African Americans. So that makes her Indian-African American. This "she's not 'black' black" talk is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 54December 6, 2019 12:02 PM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 6, 2019 12:08 PM

She had 0% African American support. RACISTS!

by Anonymousreply 56December 6, 2019 12:11 PM

Her standing by Jussie should have been used more by her competitors. She looked like an idiot after it was made public Jussie was a liar.

by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2019 1:04 PM

Dumb twat trolling by OP and many social media cunts.

Candidatures die all the time. It's called a campaign. No need to overthink it with SJW speak.

by Anonymousreply 58December 6, 2019 1:07 PM

Heterosexual women need to check their heterosexual privilege.

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2019 1:18 PM

R51 There you go again

by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2019 2:48 PM

[quote]Stop with the sexism and racism crap. Cream rises to the top.

Then the laws of physics are racist and need to be repealed! I demand reparations for every child who got injured from copying Bugs Bunny cartoons!

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2019 2:50 PM

R54, yes, I understand that she has African background. I don't care what she calls herself. It's not an issue for me. There was a bit of a hoopla among some African-Americans who apparently felt she was trying she was trying claim membership in a community she's not part of, at the same time her history as a prosecutor depicts her as an oppressor of that community.

A white American born to parents of South African parents can also technically be called African-American.

by Anonymousreply 62December 6, 2019 3:56 PM

Yes, I should have done a better job of editing at R62.

by Anonymousreply 63December 6, 2019 3:57 PM

Bullshit...she simply lacked real substance as a candidate. She was a shameless panderer and I found her “that little girl was ME” retort to Joe Biden in one of the early debates was manipulative to the max and so beneath her (or maybe not). She lacked spontaneity she was too rehearsed. Her ruthless attitude towards putting people in jail also had ramifications, especially and surprisingly in the black community. Glad to see that some black voters won’t be swayed by a black candidate because they have the same heritage.

by Anonymousreply 64December 6, 2019 4:01 PM

The sexism thing is dumb...also with Hillary as well. "America is sexist and not ready for a powerful woman!"

Bullshit.

Uh, how many female governors and mayors and senators and legislators do we have? It's odd people have no problem voting for them for those offices but President is out of bounds?

No. It's because Hillary was a terrible candidate with a shit ton of baggage (uh, her husband). In Kamala's case, she didn't define herself or her campaign.

by Anonymousreply 65December 6, 2019 8:32 PM

Since his weight loss, Rev. Al's head looks too big for his body. Castro is a hot little firecracker.

by Anonymousreply 66December 6, 2019 8:38 PM

R65, Hillary won, don't you remember?

But she also faced lots of sexism, like being held accountable for Bill's sexual proclivities by people who would vote for Trump, proving they didn't give a shit about sexual mores, they just wanted to smear her.

by Anonymousreply 67December 6, 2019 8:40 PM

Hillary was damned if she did and damned if she didn’t...you can never get a straight answer from her, which didn’t help matters.

by Anonymousreply 68December 7, 2019 11:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!