Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What happened to the Ghost thread???

About the guy who was having ghost problems in his recently renovated weekend house? I was really enjoying that thread and it seemed pretty uncontroversial. Why was it deleted?? Why are the mods deleting any and all threads that I enjoy (including anything british royal fam related)??? This site is going down the tubes!

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2019 5:34 PM

The ghost guy was a big-time anti-Meghan Markle troll. Maybe he got downvoted enough.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 3:06 AM

Maybe you got paywalled. I have it on my saved list, and it's still there for me. I'll add some WWs, although I've found that doesn't seem to help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 3:09 AM

Yes, because ghost problems are experienced by racists and those topics must be removed.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 3:10 AM

That thread is still open for business r2. What is OP on about? did you search via the Search engine here OP?

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 3:11 AM

The ghosts took over the thread and made it invisible.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 3:14 AM

It suffers from the "low captcha" issue.

Google not only has a form of "captcha" where you have to check a box and/or pick out pictures of cars (this trains Google's autocars), but it also has a new invisible form of captcha, which is on every page.

This captcha analyses each webpage and decides whether bots are posting on it.

This does not work well and a lot of sites complain about it. Thus when you try to post you get "low captcha" until someone comes along who conforms with Google bot's idea that s/he isn't a bot and breaks it, thus allowing it to go on.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 3:24 AM

R6, Thanks. I've never run into that. There was another recent thread about Low Captcha, and I honestly had no idea what was being discussed. I'm a subscriber, so I sometimes get a remind to renew my subscription

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 3:42 AM

I am now wondering if there is a bot posting on DL, it would explain some of the responses.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 3:50 AM

Once I built a railroad, made it run.

Made it race against time.

Buddy, can you spare me enough change for a grande pumpkin spice latte?

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 4:12 AM

See someone else was able to bump the ghost thread, but then I am still on low captcha for it.

It's not the fault of this site, except for the fact the owner is using it. Google released this thing before it was perfected and it causes issues.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 7:05 AM

It was my thread and doubt I’ll have anything to add to my experience til they do their investigation on the 14th.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 9:20 AM

I have had threads on my watched list suddenly gone from the watch list.

The Ghost thread was one of those.

When that happens, I use the "Search" function. In this case I searched for all threads with "Ghost" in the title.

This thread came up and so did the original "I think I have a ghost thread." So I clicked on the eye icon to put it back on the watched list.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 7:27 PM

I can see it now, but for a while it wasn't even showing up when I searched for 'ghost'

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 9:17 PM

OP I just left you a message on your original thread.

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2019 5:25 PM

I mean OP of the other thread, just left you a message there.

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2019 5:27 PM

This website isn't cool enough for a Ghost thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2019 5:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!