Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Martin Opens Up About Wondering if He Was Gay & Getting Past Homophobia (Video)

Chris Martin is opening up in a Rolling Stone interview presented by Dodge with Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner.

Here's what the Coldplay frontman had to say...

On taking the name Coldplay from a friend: “My good friend Tim who was in a band and would go through band names very very fast and he would discard them and Coldplay we picked up from him.”

On his boarding school experience, wondering if he might be gay, and getting past homophobia: “When I went to boarding school I walked a bit funny and I bounced a bit and I was also very homophobic because I was like, ‘If I’m gay, I’m completely f--ked for eternity’ and I was a kid discovering sexuality. ‘Maybe I’m gay, maybe I’m this, maybe I’m that, I can’t be this’ so I was terrified and then I walked a bit funny and I was in a boarding school with a bunch of quite hardcore kids who were also gone for their thing and, for a few years, they would very much say, ‘You’re definitely gay,’ in quite a full-on manner, quite aggressively telling me that and it was weird for me for a few years...I don't know and even if I am, I can't be because it's wrong… If I am, I can't be so that was creating a terrible turmoil...I start to worry about it for sure. About 15 and a half, I don't know what happened, I was like, ‘Yeah so what?’ and then it all just stopped overnight. It was very interesting. Once I was like, ‘Yeah, so what if I’m gay.’”

On whether worry or the kids eventually stopped: “The worry and anyone teasing you and…I don't know what it was. I really don't remember. Just growing up a bit and having a bit more exposure to the world thinking, ‘A lot of my heroes are gay’ or whatever. Whatever they are, it doesn’t really matter. So what that did was ease a big pressure and then made me question, ‘Hey maybe some of this stuff that I’m learning about God and everything -- I'm not sure if I subscribe to all of this particular religion’… So for a few years, that was a bit wobbly and then eventually I just was like, ‘Okay, I think I have my own relationship with what I think God is and it's not really any one religion for me.’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 10:53 PM

Well, it mattered to me.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 12:55 AM

He looks like shit. Is he dying?

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 12:56 AM

Ugh. The worst. Even worse than Ed Sherran. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 1:38 AM

At least he’s not acting like he knows everything.

That shirt is mighty gay, though.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 1:48 AM

I don't know if he's gay but boy, is he incoherent!

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 2:00 AM

Someone really wants to remain relevant.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 2:17 AM

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 2:22 AM

He has aged very badly 😬 This is sad because he was this pretty cute British guy with bright blue eyes when Coldplay first came out; he now looks much older than his age....

I suspect that the long term relationship/having kids with GOOP was not good for him.

I’ve always kind of wondered what ultimately led to them divorcing—especially since they still say they’re “best friends” and have dinner together with their kids every night or something (even post divorce).

I recall the rumors at the time being that Paltrow dumped him and initiated the divorce and that it may have been because she got serious with the married (with children) producer from “Glee” she had been fucking (and is now married to). Brad something....

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 2:33 AM

AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 8:27 PM

What about them, R9?

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 9:08 PM

He looks very old in the pic.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 10:25 PM

How many dicks did he take at boarding school? Is that why the bullying abruptly stopped, because he started giving his mouth and ass to the most muscular jock boys at the academy? Did Cody, Taylor and Blake regularly meet with young Chris at an underused bathroom away from prying eyes and take turns railing him with their taut, sweaty, muscled physiques in exchange for their protection? Did the confused feelings of guilt and entrapment, tangled with raw boy lust, discourage him from pursuing his same sex feelings later in life, or did the experience draw Chris down a dark, closeted path of brutal, dominant sex with big dick tops that continues til this day?

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 10:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!