Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

⭐️⭐️ Alex Trebek Appreciation Thread. ⭐️ ⭐️

What words of encouragement might we give Alex? Alex was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, and continues to work and provides us with great entertainment - Jeopardy.

I’ve always found him to be a very distinguished and handsome man.

He’s a shining star and a wonderful example of tenacity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2020 2:15 AM

He’s not bad for a Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2019 12:00 AM

He's still working eh? Good for him.

I didn't think he'd make it this long.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 12:03 AM

R2 he shows up every night. I continue to DVR him. He is an inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 12:11 AM

Alex Trebek on pancreatic cancer battle: 'It's wearing on me ... but I just have to stick with it'

Alex Trebek is ready to host the "Jeopardy!" Greatest of All Time tournament, taping early next month. But he bravely continues to battle Stage 4 pancreatic cancer, which has sidelined and depleted him at times and led the show to shift its production schedule to accommodate him.

"I'm feeling OK," he says, sounding upbeat in a recent phone interview. "Some days are better than others. I still have the effects of the chemotherapy; I’ve now had, I think, nine or 10 sessions. So it’s wearing on me. but I don't have any choice. I just have to stick with it, and hopefully they’re going to find a new drug that will enable me to grow my hair back. That will be something I will be very happy" about.

The new tournament will pit the show's three biggest winners – James Holzhauer, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter – as they play three to seven matches in a race for $1 million. Two matches (four games total) will be taped each day in early December.

Trebek, 79, says pure adrenaline is keeping him going.

"I leave home and I’m in terrible shape sometimes," he says, calling from Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California, where "Jeopardy!" is taped. "And then I get here, and I get in the studio and I get hair and makeup done and get my wardrobe on, and the adrenaline kicks in and I go out onstage and it’s exciting for me, and it seems to work. I have to push myself; I work harder than I did before, because it’s harder for me to concentrate with all the chemo and stuff. I feel dull, and I tire easily, but that’s OK."

As Trebek juggles the side effects that come with chemo, including temporarily weakened eyesight, an outpouring of support by fans and contestants has touched him. Dhruv Gaur, a semifinalist on this month's Tournament of Champions, wrote a message of support for his Final Jeopardy! response, sparking a viral hashtag #WeLoveYouAlex.

"It surprised me on the show, obviously. And it got an awful lot of press," he says, ever mindful of the attention over his health and the quiz show, which he's hosted since its current syndicated version premiered in 1984. "I was thrown for a loop there. I started to tear up, but that’s OK; I tear up over a lot of things."

A play-along fundraising drive, organized by semifinalist and former champion Steven Grade for last week's tournament final rounds, has so far raised more than $53,000 for the Lustgarten Foundation for pancreatic cancer research.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 12:41 AM

I was on Jeopardy ten years ago. Alex is a nice guy and made me (and the other contestants) feel welcome

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 12:43 AM

My mother died of pancreatic cancer. I wouldn't wish it on Trump. That's how awful a disease it is. I don't believe in god, but I'll say it anyway, God bless, Alex Trebek. I hope he does not suffer greatly as he deals with this.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 12:49 AM

R6 I’m sorry to hear that news.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2019 5:18 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2019 9:45 PM

Bumping

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2019 9:55 PM

Super hot pic of him....would love to have rim the hell out of him!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2019 10:21 PM

R10 I’m sure Alex would be very pleased and flattered by your post.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2019 10:47 PM

Alex, we love you.

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2019 1:20 AM

Such a generous guy.

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2019 1:37 AM

The other night no one knew the book title "The Bell Jar" even after the clues were Sylvia Plath, Esther Greenwood and mental.

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2019 1:45 AM

R14 damn those fools.

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2019 2:05 AM

I've always found him to be a smug asshole, so I won't miss him when he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2019 3:02 AM

R16, he's not an asshole

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2019 3:17 PM

I hope he is getting the best care possible. Hope is a beautiful thing, and my wish is that he finds strength embracing it.

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2019 3:34 PM
by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2019 6:49 PM

'Jeopardy!'s' Alex Trebek says he will need 30 seconds for exit on final episode: 'I will say my goodbyes'

“Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek already has some idea of what he is going to tell the show's audience on the day of his final taping, whenever that may be.

In an interview with ABC's Michael Strahan on Thursday evening, Trebek said he'll ask the game show's director to leave him 30 seconds at the very end.

“I will say my goodbyes and I will tell people, ‘Don’t ask me who’s going to replace me because I have no say whatsoever. But I’m sure that if you give them the same love and attention and respect that you have shown me... then they will be a success and the show will continue being a success,'' he said. "And until we meet again, God bless you and goodbye.”

Trebek, who has hosted the popular game show since 1984, announced in March 2018 that he'd been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He has said in the past that he will stay “as long as my skills have not diminished."

However, the 79-year-old famed TV personality told Strahan, 48, that the process had already begun. Trebek did not specify what he meant.

If there is a target date for his exit, Trebek isn't letting on. “Jeopardy!” tapes each show weeks in advance.

Trebek and his wife, Jean, sat down for the interview to promote a special tournament featuring three of the show's best and most well-known contestants: Brad Rutter, Ken Jennings and James Holzhauer.

The tournament starts airing on Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 4, 2020 11:32 PM

Jeopardy: Alex Trebek Has Already Rehearsed The Finale Episode

The beloved host of Jeopardy: The Greatest of All Time, Alex Trebek revealed that he has already rehearsed his ending speech for his final episode. The Canadian native is not hanging up his hat just yet but is acknowledging that one day he will have to retire.

Jeopardy is a timeless game show that first gives the answers and the contestants are asked to supply the question. There are six categories and three rounds, leading to the final Jeopardy question at the end of the show. Earlier last year Trebek spoke with Canada’s CTV News in an interview saying that he was not scared of his cancer diagnosis. He elaborated by saying that he was not afraid of death and that he had lived a good, full life and that if it were to be the end, why should he be afraid.

Even though Trebek’s last day is yet to be announced the beloved TV host has already planned his touching sign-off. During an ABC special called What is Jeopardy? the TV host sat down with Michael Strahan (via Good Morning America) where he opened up a bit more about his health and having to come to terms with leaving the trivia show behind. The 79-year-old had been hosting the popular evening gameshow since 1984.

Back in March of 2019 Trebek revealed that he had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and had begun chemotherapy treatment. During the interview, the host said that he learned a very important lesson - that no one knows when they will die. For him, the cancer diagnosis left the worldly question close-ended thanks to the horrible survival rates of his particular cancer. For most, the question of when someone will die is very much an open-ended question. Due to this, Trebek already decided how he will end his final Jeopardy show, with a "significant moment." The cherished host said he has already rehearsed his goodbye by telling the director to leave him 30 seconds saying he will tell his viewers, "Don’t ask me who’s going to replace me because I have no say whatsoever." He joked during the interview saying that he is sure that if the fans of Jeopardy give as much attention and respect as they gave him then the show would continue to be a success.

Trebek will then leave his fans with his final words which will consist of until we meet again and goodbye. Even though the host has no plans to leave the show just yet, he is still preparing for the day that may eventually come. Right now the host is looking forward to hosting a special called, Jeopardy: The Greatest of All Time where game show greats of the past will come together to battle it out one last time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 4, 2020 11:35 PM

Special thread to discuss Jeopardy's Greatest of All Time tournament!

Note: This tournament will NOT air during the regular show. It will air separately on ABC, starting Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 8 p.m.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2020 10:27 PM

I hope he's doing as well as possible given the circumstances. Even though he could be my grandfather, I've always thought Alex was very handsome--but it doesn't seem to be a sentiment shared with many.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2020 10:35 PM

R22 I’m so excited.

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2020 12:45 AM

I've always thought his introductory chats with the contestants were awkward and lame. I'm genuinely surprised at this uninteresting, uncharasmatic man's success. I think familiarity is the main reason along with his obvious intelligence and intellect albeit wrapped up in a boring package. Despite my criticism he has unarguably become iconic and has been a steady presence throughout my life and I will miss him greatly when he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2020 2:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!