Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which cities have the most gay men?

Both in the US and abroad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2019 11:47 PM

In the US, LA has got to be up there.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2019 11:56 PM

It has to be London.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2019 12:01 AM

In the UK Brighton has a reputation.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2019 12:02 AM

Most Us but some from other cities

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 12:05 AM

Most capital cities of countries.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 12:18 AM

Buttfuck, Egypt

Upper Fellatio

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 3:27 AM

The higher the population, then the higher the gay population by default.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 3:32 AM

Mexico City has the most I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 3:34 AM

R8, yes. Bogota, too. Grindr was crazy overload there.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2019 3:36 AM

Good question OP - most news and surveys report highest % of gays to total population. In reality, huge cities win for most gay - which is good for meeting gay men. Which is why NYC may be “less gay” than SF but is much more fun as a 20-something gay man. Lots more opportunities - for sex or partnership.

Generally, larger city, more gays. Strangely, Paris is one big city that seems to NOT have a lot of gays. Same with Rome. Or maybe they are more closeted.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2019 4:07 AM

Salt Lake City

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2019 4:16 AM

Vatican City

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 4:16 AM

USA - Seattle, SF, LA, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, New York, Miami, Washington DC, Boston

Europe - London, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Amsterdam, Vienna, Prague, Budapest

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 4:27 AM

Palm Springs... as indicated by the condensed purple dot of Buttigieg donors in California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 4:34 AM

Medellin has tons

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 4:53 AM

Here, let me Google that fo...oh, never mind

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 5:09 AM

It still heavily American despite increase in gay acceptance across the world.

1. Los Angeles

2. San Fransisco

3. New York

4. San Diego

5. Houston

6. London

6. Mexico City

8. Madrid

8. Paris

10-20. Chicago, Vancouver, Buenos Aires, Miami, Guadalajara, Dallas, Barcelona, Las Vegas,

I imagine Beijing must be a top 5 city even though their government is cracking down on the gays.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 5:19 AM

West Hollywood, but mostly shallow good looking bottom queens. Emphasis on Queens.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 5:21 AM

Cant see you post R14, have to be a paid subscriber.

Anyway, that's not an accurate way to look at statistics. Palm Springs has about a 30% gay community but its a very small town and mostly 40 + to senior gays with a lot of money. They have more money than the average gay community and therefore are over represented in terms of population.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 5:30 AM

R17 - are there really more gay men in 750,000 population SF than in the 8 million population of NYC? Seems strange. And more in Houston than London is shocking. Is this highest % or “most gay men”

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 5:32 AM

Cairo, Egypt, believe it or not. I was quite brazenly hit on by men who I'm pretty sure do not otherwise publicly identify as gay. Of course, I was a young twink then...

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 8:37 PM

Me too. I was the toast of the town in Cairo. It was bizarre the amount of attention i was getting being I am not very cute.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 8:45 PM

R22, yep. A man in the back of a Cairo taxi felt up my leg and was stroking his crotch, lol. There was certainly never a dull moment there..

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2019 2:28 AM

Rio

by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2019 3:48 AM

I think the big cities and capitals (NY, Madrid, London) come first, then there are cities that are a combo of having a greater concentration of gay people like Cape Town, San Francisco or Manchester, and then there are big cities that have more gay nightlife and cultural stuff or just know as 'the gay city' in their countries like Brighton, Cologne or Puerto Vallarta.

Berlin and Amsterdam are all three. Sydney was until the overgentrification and the lockout laws killed the nightlife.

by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2019 4:11 AM

[quote]They have more money than the average gay community and therefore are over represented in terms of population.

There's so much math in this sentence, but really not.

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2019 5:08 AM

Boston-Cambridge is pretty high up there with the gays and lesbians. But percentage-wise, the highest concentrations are in Palm Springs, Wilton Manors, Provincetown, and certain zip codes in San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2019 5:42 AM

[quote]I was quite brazenly hit on by men who I'm pretty sure do not otherwise publicly identify as gay. Of course, I was a young twink then...

That's because most closet cases in countries like that also tend to be pedos.

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2019 7:21 PM

Eureka Springs, Arkansas

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2019 7:32 PM

Bisbee, Arizona

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2019 7:57 PM

A lot of people on DL in the past have said Dubai is gayer than even cities like San Francisco, Paris, London, Sydney, etc. But of course, it's all "secretive" rather than out in the open.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2019 7:59 PM

R31, I wouldn't doubt that.

by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2019 11:03 PM

Mecca and Medina, although they won't admit it.

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2019 11:06 PM

Bangkok - half of male population are gay, probably bottoms too.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2019 11:33 PM

Kevin Spacey's House

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2019 11:42 PM

Barcelona, Madrid, Bogota.

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2019 11:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!