Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is Vladimir Putin "so bad?" wondered a mystified Tucker Carlson.

What do you think Russia has on Tucker Carlson? Pics of him without his rug on perhaps?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 7, 2019 8:45 PM

Tucker was moronic on Russia v. Ukraine (uhhh... yes, we should side with Ukraine and its forced annexation by Russia). Did he support Putin invading Georgia in 2008? Come on.

But, realistically, he isn't bad or necessarily wrong here. HuffPo of course mis-characterizes Tucker's comments, essentially reaffirming his criticisms.

Tucker posits the bogeyman caricature of Putin (painted by the left) means nothing since there is nothing concrete behind it. PUTIN IS BAD! Why? Please, elaborate. BECAUSE HE'S BAD! Tucker: What about the Saudi monarchy or the Emeratis? It's a valid point. People parrot "RUSSIA!" but cannot articulate... why. The Chinese are a way bigger threat to us and global realpolitik than Russia.

The McCarthy-esque anti-Russian everything isn't routed in anything specific other than "Russia is our enemy, because Russia is bad". His jab at the end about liberals hating America just as much - if not more than - Putin is idiotic but that's cable news for you.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2019 2:24 PM

This shit’s not funny anymore. They’re giving our country away, and to the Russians no less. These Republicans should be shot by a firing squad for treason.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2019 2:52 PM

R1 Your response stands in sharp contrast to stuff like R2. It's rare to hear the voice of reason among the hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2019 3:57 PM

[quote] PUTIN IS BAD! Why? Please, elaborate. BECAUSE HE'S BAD!

To be fair, Russia did attempt to subvert our election. How successful they were at it, no one really knows. However, Saudi Arabia and China are FAR worse.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2019 4:01 PM

A compelling case can be made that there is no scenario where Hillary would have won. There was Comey and the email investigation, the Wiki leaks dump, the basket of deplorables comment, Hillary not campaigning in critical swing states, the Wikileaks dump whose origins are still unknown, etc.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2019 4:08 PM

r5, actually she won the popular vote by about 3 million. So in the scenario that the electoral college wasn't skewed....

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2019 4:12 PM

He's awful. Racist, homophobic, sexist, and a traitor

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2019 4:15 PM

I don't want to know the weird shit that the Russkies have on him.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2019 4:16 PM

R4 - Absolutely. Of course Russia is not our friend or ally. Putin has basically "ruled" Russia for two decades and wields power with an iron fist. Of course, the Russians - ever in the shadow of the absolute Romanov dynasty and then the Soviets - are used to strong man rulers.

Their gay rights abuses speak for themselves. Their invasion and proxy annexation of territories in Ukraine (Crimea), Georgia (Abhkazia and South Ossetia), and puppet states like Belarus hearkens back to the Russian Empire and USSR. Putin also doesn't care for nor respect the autonomy of the former Soviet Republics, including Kazakhstan. After all, the Kazakh SSR held a substantial quantity of Soviet nuclear warheads, uranium deposits, and bioweapons manufacturing. Armenia controls so much Caspian black gold out of Baku.

The problem is the left doesn't oppose Russia on these grounds. They do in a typical over-arching bogeyman trope that their political enemies (Republicans, Sanders, Tulsi... Tucker Carlson, apparently) are "beholden to Russian interests!" What interests are those? Huh? Like R2 says "THEY'RE SELLING US OUT TO THE RUSSIANS!"

What does that even *mean*?

That type of McCarthyite rhetoric should be called out, no matter how ardently you support the Democratic party. Plenty of Dem politicians have had their hands firmly planted in the old Soviet honeypot, too. Let's be honest.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2019 4:27 PM

What a fucking cunt. How does this fool keep getting attention?

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2019 4:31 PM

Sorry - Azerbaijan and not Armenia.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2019 4:36 PM

Well geeze, other than blowing a Civilian ( Malaysian) Airliner out of the sky, Seeking to invade an independent country by Military force ( Ukraine), rounding up and torturing a certain segment of the population based on their sexuality ( gays in the Ukraine), Hostily interfering in another Country's Independent Election Process, Human Rights atrocities inflicted on ethnic minorities ( Russia) ,Draining your own country of it's own wealth to the point of crippling it just so you can enrich yourself and a handful of Oligarchs and become the wealthiest individuals in the planet- Well Geeze, Tucker, I don't see ANYTHING WRONG WITH VLAD AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2019 4:44 PM

r8, I'm sure it's not weird at all. Probably just evidence he's gay. As with Lindsay Graham and Mitch McConnell, they'd rather sell out their country to the enemy than admit they don't really care for vagine.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2019 4:52 PM

Putin, a Soviet spymaster, hates the US because it forced the implosion of the USSR,

Putin is using the entire GDP of the remains of the USSR to undo this no matter what it takes.

Putin knows that: The Assets of my Asset are my Assets.

The West has a 24 hour news cycle. Putin is calculating decades into the future.

Russia AND the GOP, they need to be crushed.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2019 4:53 PM

R14, Putin hates the west and America in particularly because they refused to let Putin's Russia join NATO. This pissed him off a lot and now he wants to see us destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2019 4:56 PM

That's a false argument, Boris, and you know it.

NATO was formed to PREVENT Russian expansion.

Putin joining NATO would prevent NATO states from intervening if Russia invaded Western Europe.

Go back to Olga in HR and tell her you need more training.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2019 5:02 PM

R12. Well said. I would add the systematic murder of dissenters such as Litvinenko by plutonium poisoning, very Bond bad guy huh?). And the apartment bombings decades ago that he engineered that propelled him on his path.

But, you know, gotta move those ratings numbers Tucker. You fat fucking bow tie wearing pussy.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2019 6:21 PM

R16, I wasn't saying we were wrong in rejecting Russia. But it was definitely a thing, at least according to Putin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2019 8:57 PM

R13: Tucker's just a closeted fat fag who's getting fatter by the minute. The FSB has the pictures of him with his rent boys and Miss Tucker is TERRIFIED of them getting out. (Probably because Tucker is nude in the pics and you can see his fat ass and fat overhanging paunch)

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2019 9:12 PM

Putin is a thug who has his political opponent jailed and killed. He has also made himself and the favored oligarchs around him billionaires. So yes- he is awful- as awful as they come- he is essentially dictator of Russia one of the most corrupt nation states in the world. Carlson is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2019 9:36 PM

Is it true Carlson is a fish stick heir?

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2019 10:13 PM

r1 you must only associate with idiots, then, because to claim that "the left" is spreading a false narrative about Russia is total bullshit. And you know what they say about guilt by association...

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2019 10:15 PM

Thank you R12 and R17 for talking some sense into R1 moron.

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2019 10:32 PM

Why aren't democrats using the phrase "Russian Traitor" every fucking minute of every fucking day? Why aren't people protesting in person at these Putin sucking congressmen's office.

Would someone please ask Susan Collins if she's concerned that her colleagues are Russian assets?

Why aren't people standing on the sidewalk outside FoX and Friends shouting "Russian Traitor" to every employee who walks in the door? I'm an eldergay who would go all ACT UP on these traitorous bitches if some young revolutionaries would step up a bit.

They are going to steal the next election and end democracy as we know it if we don't rise up now.

by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2019 10:37 PM

No one is denying that Russia is bad. What people are wondering about is how they went from being a country we don't like but still held diplomatic talks with to the #1 geopolitical threat in the world immediately after the election.

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2019 10:40 PM

Maybe because they're the only country o actively interfered in your elections R25?

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2019 10:42 PM

Funny how Trump was rightly torn to shreds after he ripped up the Iran treaty but anyone who isn't calling for war with Russia is a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2019 10:45 PM

R27 likes his nation's enemies to be brown, not white.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2019 10:46 PM

R28 The only color that matters to most countries is green.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2019 10:52 PM

Hi Tulsi @R1!

Hi Tulsi-tard @R3!

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2019 10:52 PM

Some estimate his net worth up to $200 billion dollars, making him the riches man in the world. He and his oligarch cronies are draining their country dry and don’t give a flying fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2019 1:08 AM

R25 you need to pay attention...stop asking stupid questions. Read a newspaper or Politicalwire.com or Talking Points Memp

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2019 1:47 AM

I wish some superhacker would get a hold of all the kompromat in Leningrad Lindsay, Moscow Mitch and Traitor Tucker and upload it to every SM site in the world. I’m tired of this shithole country’s run by a sociopath dictating what the rest of the world does.

Torture Assange till he spills all! Pronto! The time for civility with these festering piles is over!

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2019 5:03 AM

I am a man's man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2019 5:16 AM

Then. Go. Live. In. Fucking. Russia.

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2019 5:24 AM

Love it or leave it. How good it feels to be a progressive and say that.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2019 5:41 AM

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2019 5:47 AM

Hmm I wonder why Republicans suddenly worship Putin after being so critical of him before

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2019 5:50 AM

R12 well it's always interesting to read the posts like this while also "thinking" on the other side of the debate,

geez, who is the country that killed thousands and thousands of innocent civilians and children in the name of fighting terrorism? the causality of just one drone attack could easily top 300 lives lost in that ill fated malay airline. Who is the country that invaded Iraq and Afghanistan while still befriends the real culprit of 911? Who is the lone country that brags its staunch support for Israel to blatantly steal the Palestinians' land? Who is the country that invaded Panama, bombed Yugoslavia, caused Libya into a devastating crisis with no end of it? And which country has the "penchant" of meddling the elections in south and central america, africa and asia...and pretty much everywhere? And who is the country that bailed out the greedy bankers with billions of tax payer's money without any legality? Last time I checked none of investment bankers spent a single day in the prison for causing the financial crisis, instead they all received millions and millions bonus pay even in the bail out years...

Well geez, I don't think the answer is Russia.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2019 5:54 AM

Can somebody send Tulsi at R39 a one way ticket to Mother Russia already?

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2019 6:08 AM

Our country isn't giving away anything, they are selling it. As long as these billionaire motherfuckers can make more money and fuck us citizens up the ass with no lube, they will do it.

It would be nice if more of the majority white people would stop being racist and sexist long enough to see the axe coming so that we could avoid some of the inevitable suffering that is coming. Cause there will be weeping and wailing, thing will get very bad if we don't change course on many things.

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2019 6:18 AM

Putin is no different than most US politicians.

All politics is corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2019 9:20 AM

Hitler is no different than most politicians.

All politics is corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2019 9:24 AM

Yep, they're all the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2019 10:14 AM

R44 and we can compile a list of Clinton critic who are dead.

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2019 10:21 AM

Putin certainly has something on him! I am surprised that Putin has dope on Graham, Nunes, Guiliani, Moscow Mitch and how many other Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2019 10:30 AM

R45 Keep sucking that Russian Taint.

Yes please. Legitimate sources only. List the journalists that Clinton killed. Thank you, next.

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2019 10:47 AM

Today's Republicans are basically Russian stooges if not outright Russian accomplices.

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2019 10:51 AM

R45- Please explain the data point from R38. What is your expert anal ysis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2019 10:56 AM

R47 keep sucking that Clinton dick.

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2019 11:03 AM

^Facts please, strawman.

by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2019 12:08 PM

Tell us what happened in August 2016. I'll tell you. Dear Leader said so, and the lemmings followed.

Russian Traitors all. "America, Love it or Leave it" , Boris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2019 12:15 PM

Trumps Felonious Choice.

Russian Traitor to America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2019 12:19 PM

But Linda Thompson PROVED to Art Bell that the Clinton killed 34 people, not including babies/placentas.

Never forget Seth Rich!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2019 12:24 PM

Fucker Carlson is a piece of human excrement.

Other than that, he's not so bad.

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2019 12:39 PM

He's very....doughy.

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2019 12:59 PM

Boris has no facts, Boris takes vodka break.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2019 1:35 PM

They probably have pictures of Carlson's little Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2019 1:50 PM

It's high school forever. I'll bet Diaper Don ran crying to his room to call Vlad and tell him how horrible NATO is. I'm sure Vlad told him to leave in a huff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2019 1:52 PM

Treason

by Anonymousreply 60December 4, 2019 2:23 PM

[quote]Putin knows that: The Assets of my Asset are my Assets.

Love that observation r14.

by Anonymousreply 61December 4, 2019 2:28 PM

Tucker is much more interesting than anyone else at Fox News. His segment last night on Paul Singer and hedge fund managers should be carried by all the networks, liberal and conservative, but curiously it's not.

by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2019 3:03 PM

For all their talk, Sanders and Warren need to take a page from Tucker's book and call out all these assholes by name.

by Anonymousreply 63December 4, 2019 3:18 PM

R45 If the Clintons were busy killing journalists, Maureen Dowd would've been fitted with a pair of cement shoes years ago.

Go back to Mother Russia, I hear the weather's great there this time of year.

by Anonymousreply 64December 4, 2019 6:04 PM

[quote]and we can compile a list of Clinton critic who are dead.

WHOM are dead, Boris—sheesh, get your cases right!

(Ssshh, guys, I'm just messing with Boris's head.)

by Anonymousreply 65December 4, 2019 6:14 PM
by Anonymousreply 66December 6, 2019 12:35 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 67December 7, 2019 6:39 PM

Tucker’s father ran the Voice of America and Radio Marti for the CIA in the Cold War. Ironic, no? The Carlson family has gone from piping anti-Russian propaganda around the world to spreading pro-Russian propaganda in the US.

by Anonymousreply 68December 7, 2019 6:50 PM

[quote]The Carlson family has gone from piping anti-Russian propaganda around the world to spreading pro-Russian propaganda in the US.

Like the whole American conservative movement and Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 69December 7, 2019 7:09 PM

During the 2008 crash, the Chinese counterpart told our Treasury Secretary that he was approached by the Russians. They proposed teaming with the Chinese to sell both their investments in US treasury bonds, at the same time. By themselves, the Russians didn’t have enough to matter; but with the Chinese, it would have destroyed the US bond market, and really, Western capitalism. Especially in the middle of the crash.

But it wouldn’t have stopped there. The Chinese and Russian economies would have stopped in place, as well. So, the Russians are aggressive enemies and STUPID, too.

by Anonymousreply 70December 7, 2019 7:15 PM

Putin did not like Georgia nor Ukraine reaching out to Europe, and invaded both to stop them. He took parts of those countries or fomenting separatist movements with sham elections. I imagine their other border countries don’t even try to reach out to Europe. I think Belarus is ruled by a pro-Russian tyrant. Why might they reach out to Europe? Because they have experience with Russia.

He executes journalists in Russia and others anywhere in the world. At least two in London, one this month in Berlin. I think those foreign killings are really egregious. They violate other’s sovereignty.

In the Cold War, there were rules that everybody respected, because a screw-up could get really out of had too quickly. But Putin has no limits.

by Anonymousreply 71December 7, 2019 7:25 PM

I can't believe there are gays here legitimately defending Russia and Putin. As much as I hate how Americans blame their problems on Russkies, the Russians are an evil lot. Putin would attempt a Hitler style world takeover and mass extermination of gays via death camps if he knew he could get away with it. If you guys want to be marched off to Gulags are tortured to death for being fudge packers, then by all means, but I'd rather not. Russia is an evil that must be monitored and disciplined, and if you don't understand why, then you're part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 72December 7, 2019 7:41 PM

R72 And there are middle eastern countries who want to impose Sharia on the entire world but they can't. You have Muslim immigrants who won't even assimilate into their own host countries. Should we declare war on them? No one in their right mind is defending Russia. It's a question of whether our own lives and resources should go toward destabilizing authoritarian governments around the world when our own national security is compromised by other foreign and domestic agents.

by Anonymousreply 73December 7, 2019 8:03 PM

R73 is writing “whaddabout all those other countries, let me tell ya...”

by Anonymousreply 74December 7, 2019 8:07 PM

R73 I don't think we should go to war with Russia, but we also shouldn't let them murder journalists in Britain, put minority citizens in camps, and fuck with the political infrastructure of other countries. I also don't think we should allow Muslim countries to murder journalists, put minority citizens in camps, and fuck with the political infrastructure of other countries. You can challenge a foreign government without skipping straight to pressing red buttons, you know. But of course, you don't care, considering you'd rather spend your time defending countries that want to ethnically cleanse themselves and take over the world than ponder what we can do to stop these atrocities from occurring without skipping right to global war. Russian apologists have no right to point fingers at others.

by Anonymousreply 75December 7, 2019 8:32 PM

I’m here for the pics that were promised of Cucker without his wiglet. Where they at???

by Anonymousreply 76December 7, 2019 8:40 PM

I still prefer my idea of limiting Russian nationals to American property purchases of one at $250,000 or less. It would obliterate their money laundering business.

Also, eliminate direct Treasury sales of bonds to them, because of R70.

We need to leave them some breathing room, but otherwise, crush them. Maybe these restrictions should expire in 4 or so years, provided that they stop killing ex-pats, messing in our elections, etc.

by Anonymousreply 77December 7, 2019 8:40 PM

[quote] OP: Why is Vladimir Putin "so bad?"

Why is the ocean near the shore?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

This question is so basic, it’s just evidence that Carlson should be fired, pronto.

by Anonymousreply 78December 7, 2019 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!