Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'The Magicians' Season 5

Starts January 15 on SyFy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 4, 2020 4:31 PM

Season 4 thread.

Who's excited?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2019 3:28 AM

But without Jason Ralph... Boooo

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2019 3:33 AM

I'm curious to see how it flows without Ralph.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2019 3:35 AM

If you’re reading this and relocated from upstate NY to Philadelphia, reply to me.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2019 3:36 AM

Weird season opener, and not just because it's the first episode without Q, whom I never could stand. It just felt off somehow and some of the editing choices - especially when it came to reaction shots - was cuckoo bananas.

Loved the sexist pig.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2020 2:20 PM

Damn I missed it last night. Will report back when I watch it today.

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2020 2:47 PM

Well well well so is Alice gonna make a QQ-shaped golem and keep it for abominable uses? Todd approves, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 7January 17, 2020 8:30 PM

So MANY HOT GUYS

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2020 1:09 PM

This was such a good episode, omg. That twist with Josh at the end was crazy. So glad it all worked out.

Jake Choi is handsome. I see he was also on Eastsiders and Succession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2020 1:14 PM

Oh, and I thought the kid actor did some of the best kid acting I've seen in ages. Man, that was great casting.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2020 1:15 PM

Loving the season so far, but Eliot really needs to get laid.

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2020 6:29 PM

The only show in which a HAM SANDWICH can pivot an entire storyline. It's so much funnier than it generally gets credit for, & the balance with pathos is surprising.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2020 2:10 AM

I'm still hoping to see Jason Ralph again.

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2020 5:35 PM

We're y'all aware that Quentin, lovely Quentin, is married to Mrs. Maisel (Rachel Brosnahan)?

Speaking of Rachel Brosnahan, she looks so fuckin' different in her natural element with long blond hair. She appears to be about 18 years old!

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2020 5:41 PM

Is the actress who plays Julia still with that little shit from the now-cancelled Deadly Class?

by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2020 5:44 PM

Can't believe that the hot dark king is the same actor who plays the sexist pig on Episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 16January 30, 2020 4:21 PM

Another amazing episode. Really digging this season, although I'm not sold on those "surges" being the Big Bad of the season just yet...

r16 Omg, what?! And I screamed when I saw the actor - I fell in love with him hard on Once Upon a Time.

by Anonymousreply 17January 30, 2020 4:35 PM

Love Sean Maguire

by Anonymousreply 18February 1, 2020 5:50 AM

Was good to see Todd again, but would've liked to see him make out with Eliot instead of Margo

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote]The only show in which a HAM SANDWICH can pivot an entire storyline.

Not to mention a human "binder" or rabbits that serve as cross-dimensional messengers, who can be swayed by cigarettes. (Loved that moment.)

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2020 1:12 PM

Ugh, I'm sick of the pointless red tags. Why would a slovenian political troll give a shit about season five of The Magicians?

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2020 1:33 PM

Loved the time loop episode.

And Spencer Daniels, the actor who plays Charlton, kind of reminds me of a young Ethan Hawke.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2020 11:53 AM

I boycotted it when they killed off the main character. It's especially bad considering he was bi/gay, which means yet another dead gay character. It's fucking offensive and something I never forgive.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2020 12:36 PM

Todd was locked in the closet. How fitting.

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2020 5:57 PM

I miss Jason Ralph :(

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2020 6:24 AM

Good news everyone, I have some bad news. This shit's been canceled. Five more epis, and that's it. Dunzo

by Anonymousreply 26March 3, 2020 6:46 PM

Ah well. They had a good run. And it sounds like the showrunners were prepared for the end, so that the season finale becoming a series finale will still work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 3, 2020 8:18 PM

So why the fuck did they get rid of Q if there was only one season? Or was him leaving the reason they decided to cancel?

by Anonymousreply 28March 4, 2020 2:12 AM

Is no one watching anymore?

I thought last week's musical episode was weak. What was originally a novel idea (that worked well) a couple of seasons ago has lost its lustre – this season, the songs felt overly forced and clunky rather than organic.

And the Alice/Eliot duet was dragged out way too long.

by Anonymousreply 29March 28, 2020 1:56 PM

Just saw the finale and I like how they tied things up. Not a definite end, but nice.

by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2020 2:01 PM

I thought it was an OK, but not great, series finale. It leaves the door open for a follow-up movie, should they ever decide to do one. But it was kind of an underwhelming episode on the whole.

I did like the cat that sucks up the crazy, though. And the Eliot/Charlton romance, which was cute.

by Anonymousreply 31April 4, 2020 12:28 PM

Love that Eliot's last scene was gay.

by Anonymousreply 32April 4, 2020 4:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!