Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite Christmas shopping stores, websites/catalogs!

Where are your favorite places to get presents? I just received a catalog from Harry and David in the mail. Are they any good?

One year I gave my cousin a breakfast gift basket from this website. They have really good bacon too. He loved it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 18, 2019 12:56 AM

Nueske's is great--they also have a store in Northern Wisconsin that's fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2019 12:57 AM

Neiman Marcus

Harrod's

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2019 1:01 AM

Sorry for ruining your thread, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2019 6:58 AM

I'm surprised there aren't a lot of responses. This is a very good subject. I wonder if there has been a similar thread recently.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2019 1:57 PM

Amazon.com!

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2019 8:44 PM

Every food listed across Nueske's page are a direct link to heart attacks waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2019 8:56 PM

O&H Danish Bakery, the best Kringle/pastry in America. It's a relatively inexpensive yet always welcome gift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2019 9:00 PM

O&H Kringle turns up periodically at Trader Joe's. It's like crack, esp. the almond version.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2019 9:09 PM

Shut-up R6. OP, I am drooling.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2019 9:10 PM

Petersons/Kings for nuts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2019 9:10 PM

Orvis

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2019 10:34 PM

I love Harry and David's fruitcake.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2019 10:57 PM

Zingerman’s coffee cakes are wonderful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2019 11:40 PM

I love Neuske! They carry it at my local Gelsons. I don’t eat it all the time though. Maybe once a month. Just for a treat. Makes an amazing BLT!

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 12:17 AM

I know what I’m buying myself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 12:25 AM

American Spoon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 1:43 AM

Here you go. A couple of years ago I had a really shitty end of year and had to do a couple of parties, and a family Christmas dinner. This place saved the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 1:59 AM

I love their hot fudge sauce and cream puffs! Their chocolates are very good too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 7:26 PM

That looks good R18!

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 4:15 PM

Any opinions on Harry and David? What’s good?

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2019 8:31 PM

Hmmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2019 5:33 PM

I bought some stuff from Omaha Steaks a few years ago on a whim - it was meh. The steaks were nothing special and smaller than you expect. However, I regretted doing business with them because they put customers on a call list and then they badger you relentlessly, trying to get you to make more purchases. Their salesperson will offer you deals, discounts, coupons, and won't take no for an answer. They called me for about 6 months after I bought from them. Again, this was about 10 years ago and maybe they've changed their tactics since then.

by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2019 8:15 PM

See’s chocolates.

by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2019 8:17 PM

This place sells really good jerky. The people I’ve bought it for love it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2019 2:24 PM

Carousel Cakes. Only the gold pears from Harry and david. I second Nieman Marcus. Vermont country store has some kitschy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2019 2:42 PM

Help! I need more suggestions please.

by Anonymousreply 26December 18, 2019 12:10 AM

For the cherry lovers......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 18, 2019 12:13 AM

[Any opinions on Harry and David? What’s good?]

Moose Munch (chocolate drizzled caramel corn), the chocolate truffles and other sweet treats. Don't buy them from H&D directly - get them from qvc.com. Most of their edibles there have free shipping and handling, and these days 5-6 month Value Pay (essentially interest free financing) is almost always offered. On top of that QVC seems able to negotiate price breaks not available on the Harry & David website, I got 6 bags of Moose Munch for the same price the H&D website was selling four for. The same also holds true for their affiliate Cheryl's Cookies. Their signature pears are wildly overpriced and frequently show up at Trader Joe's shortly before Christmas at grocery store prices. The only reason to shop the H&D website is they tend to offer giant Rakuten rebates and actually honor them. QVC's are typically 1-2% and usually end up not happening because of some finely printed exclusionary clause. .

by Anonymousreply 28December 18, 2019 12:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!