Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s Be South Africa?

I’m the bad boy of the former dominions.

Izit?

Yes I am!

by Anonymousreply 42December 11, 2019 3:11 PM

I am 400 years of white racist colonization with sweet, sweet fuck-all to show for it.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2019 5:27 PM

I am the architectural dreariness of Johannesburg.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2019 5:28 PM

I’m the parched Capetown which is quickly running out of drinkable water

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2019 5:47 PM

I'm the arrogance of the people, or if you're South African, the 'errogence'. I'm also the accent. Billy Connolly said he imagines the devil would have a South African accent.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2019 5:52 PM

I’m the violence that makes NYC in the 70s look like Singapore.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2019 5:54 PM

I'm New Orleans. I sponsored this thread to remind you how much worse it can be.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2019 6:02 PM

I would rather be a junkie in a New Orleans jail than King, Queen and Jack Shit of Johannesburg.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2019 6:26 PM

I am the effrontery to Efrica.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2019 2:57 AM

Well said R7

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2019 5:07 PM

I'm the one chance for Australians to feel superior to somebody.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2019 5:27 PM

Speaking of which, I am Perth, Western Australia. Due to the exodus to my wasteland-lie suburbs of the aforementioned White South Africans and my propensity for architectural development with all the charm of a discarded egg carton, I am now Johannesburg-by-the-Sea.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2019 5:31 PM

r10 Oh sweetie, we Australians do feel superior to Americans, we have a free healthcare system for all, irrespective of income. We also have gun laws. And we have no Kardashians!

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2019 6:06 PM

Have you ever been to Perth r11?

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2019 6:07 PM

I am either Nelson's sweet black ass in prison or his murderous Nazi wife.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2019 6:14 PM

[12] you won it with the ‘no Kardashians’. In America it is possible to fuck your way to the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2019 6:15 PM

We're La Jolla, California and Netanya ,Israel, you've got nothing on us, R11

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2019 6:21 PM

^^Savyon, Israel not Netanya- had Netanyahu on the brain, lol (and no, the city is not named after him)

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2019 6:22 PM

Savyon??? Hm - that is an odd choice.

Everyone talks about the great beauty of Cape Town. But tbh I am not going to take a 20 hour flight for that - when we have have some of the most beautiful oceanfront in the world in CA. The best of South Africa seems like a less developed Southern CA.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2019 6:25 PM

I’m part of the ruling ANC clique which sees no evil in the black despots in the neighboring countries.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2019 6:28 PM

I’m part of the ruling ANC clique which sees no evil in the black despots in the neighboring countries.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2019 6:28 PM

Savyon was founded by South Africans R18. Ra'anana is also very SA.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2019 6:34 PM

I know Americans believe they're the centre of the universe and subsequently know very little about the rest of the world that doesn't involve them, however you see r10, Australians are quiet achievers, we're not like loud mouth Americans, we don't need to big note ourselves. We also have a very healthy propensity to laugh at ourselves, a self- deprecating humour that the British and Americans lack. We don't take ourselves too seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2019 6:41 PM

[R22] This party line again.

I have never met an Australian who was not eager to tell me how superior Australia was to every other form of life in the galaxy and to excuse their own braying boorishness as "telling it like it is" and "not being stuck up".

You're about as laid-back as a warthog with a thistle up its asshole.

You couldn't be more thin-skinned if you were a cellophane mouse in hell.

Humble? You? You make Texans look like a Shaker colony.

You laugh at yourselves with the same frequency as the Phantom of the Opera, only you have shittier taste in music.

Go back to your detainment centers and idiot day-drinking horse race and killing off the Great Barrier Reef.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2019 7:11 PM

I'm the rape statistics of Johannesburg.

I am also Meghan's Markle's venue of choice when forced to visit this continent. It's got that big city vibe and besides, there are iamonds here.

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2019 7:17 PM

^*diamonds

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2019 7:18 PM

R23 AGREED. Everyone hates Australians. Truly annoying turds who have contributed nothing to modern life. Inbred trash from that tiny island England. Have some of the worst accents on the planets, comparable to white South Africans horrid accent. No one can be Australian and sound even a tiny bit intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2019 7:34 PM

R26 - Oh, come now. Cate Blanchett is Australian. So is Guy Pearce. So is Eric Bana. So is Toni Collette. They all sound intelligent.

Australia has accrued more than a dozen Nobel prizes, about half in sciend and medicine, not least Howard Florey who shared it with Alexander Fleming for the discovery of penicillin.

And I won't hear a word against the place that birthed Chris Hemsworth.

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2019 7:49 PM

^*science and medicine

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2019 7:49 PM

R27 they do try to sound intelligent but sadly they are still Australian.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2019 8:05 PM

[R27] I am willing to give them plenty of credit. I am also willing to call them out on the fiction that they're just all a bunch of larrikins having a jolly laugh and that no one else has their carefree way of life. They're the only people I know who can manage to be testy and smug at the same time.

Coarseness is not honesty. Smugness is not contentment. And their political culture has been solidly in the sewer for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2019 8:14 PM

I’m a smug Canadian judging Australians, Americans and South Africans arguing over who is the best. Oot and aboot, eh?

But also.... I’m a vuvuzela

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2019 8:16 PM

I am the surprising number of circumcised penises in the country.

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2019 8:26 PM

I'm going on the jolly. Which is White South African for "throwing up in public".

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2019 8:28 PM

I’m a Jewish guy from Johannesburg living in the Uk frequently going home to see the family

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2019 8:29 PM

SA = wasteland-lie

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2019 8:43 PM

I'm Kevin Richardson, Lion Whisperer - Hear me ROOOOOOOARRRRR!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2019 10:57 PM

I'm All Gold Tamatie Sous (Tomato Sauce). I'm better than ketchup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 11, 2019 4:30 AM

I'm corrective rape!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 11, 2019 4:44 AM

You love me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 11, 2019 4:53 AM

I’m the pretty one from “Hancock”.

by Anonymousreply 40December 11, 2019 4:55 AM

I’m her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 11, 2019 5:35 AM

Smothers Brothers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 11, 2019 3:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!