Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When, or if The Queen ever dies.

Who'll be the first person notified?

by Anonymousreply 113December 7, 2019 6:35 PM

Prince Charles I should think.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2019 5:09 PM

Prince Philip would be my guess, assuming he's still alive and not the one who finds out first.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2019 5:10 PM

The Speaker of the House Commons would be my guess.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2019 5:12 PM

The corgis!

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2019 5:12 PM

Peter Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2019 5:13 PM

It's not an order, because that would be too time-consuming. They have a system to send the message to everyone who needs to be notified at once.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2019 5:15 PM

TMZ.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2019 5:17 PM

They throw the body out the balcony window at Buckingham Palace and yell "surprise!" through a loudspeaker.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2019 5:18 PM

Meghan "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" Markle

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2019 5:19 PM

Philip, if he's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2019 5:20 PM

There's a load of protocol involved when The Queen dies. It's called Operation London Bridge and has been regularly rehearsed for years. As it says in the linked article, when it happens, we'll have never seen anything like it before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2019 5:21 PM

This has been discussed at length.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2019 5:23 PM

Charles, of course.

But only because he'll be holding down the pillow.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2019 5:23 PM

Well, it has been seen before, when King George VI died, but that was nearly 70 years ago, so most of us haven't seen it before.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2019 5:25 PM

Flamer Elton John. He will need to write a female ruler version “Candle In the Wind”

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2019 5:28 PM

Handbag makers. They’ll scramble to see who gets picked to make her send off purse.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2019 5:30 PM

[R15] Sample lyrics:

It seems to me you lived your life Like a nonagenarian without any financial worries vaguely nonplussed by the stupidity of her offspring Never knowing where to turn to When that Boris Johnson cunt hoodwinked you over parliamentary process

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2019 5:32 PM

Sarah, Duchess of York. The queen is very fond of her.

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2019 5:32 PM

[quote]It's called Operation London Bridge .

I wonder if Fergie's ( not the original one) " London Bridge " will play?

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2019 5:32 PM

One will never expire as long as that Markle cunt is around.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2019 5:45 PM

Vivian Vance, dear.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2019 5:46 PM

It will be first announced here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2019 5:55 PM

Pearl makers. They will need to make millions of replica Liz pearls for all the ceremonial clutching.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2019 5:58 PM

The BBC should make a recording of the YouTube "Princess Diana Dead!" queen screaming in horror to announce the news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2019 6:05 PM

R24!

It MUST be the Slo-Mo version, of course!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2019 6:07 PM

LOL, R7 you do have a point. TMZ does seem to get their hands on everything.

I wouldn't even be surprised. As much as TMZ calls Buckingham palace and Kensington palace, for information on the "Royals." They probably have someone reliable in both palaces ready to call them the and hand them the scoop, the moment the Queen goes.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2019 6:25 PM

Prince Andrew.

The only child she really ever loved.

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2019 6:27 PM

The death of Britain's longest reigning monarch, who's been on the throne longer than most people have been alive, isn't being announced to a trashy American tabloid like TMZ

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2019 6:39 PM

[quote]The death of Britain's longest reigning monarch, who's been on the throne longer than most people have been alive, isn't being announced to a trashy American tabloid

In spite of everything to the contrary, it's almost sweet that some of you still equate the BRF with culture and class.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2019 6:42 PM

I've already warned DL that I'm going to be a pathetic mess (well, even more than usual) when it happens. And I warned my boss that I'd be calling in sick when it happens).

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote] Prince Andrew. The only child she really ever loved.

Where's Andrew? Where's my only son?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2019 6:48 PM

R29 Don't be surprised in this day in age. TMZ seems to be really powerful.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2019 6:48 PM

The first people who know of the Queen's death (assuming she doesn't drop dead at a public event which HOLY FUCK) will be the household staff, and they'll follow the Plan.

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2019 6:57 PM

Morrissey.

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2019 7:03 PM

[quote]or if The Queen ever dies

Wow, somebody really needs a reality check.

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2019 7:08 PM

Mary Kate Olsen, of course.

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2019 7:14 PM

It will be a surreal event. The world has changed so much since the last death of a British monarch. We have twenty-four hour news channels.

Speaking of which, the next death of a major British royal (presumably Philip's) will be the first in the age of social media. The last was the Queen Mother in 2002.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2019 7:15 PM

The Queen dying will be a monumental event as it has such global significance. The Commonwealth countries don't just naturally accept the new monarch as Head of State. They'd all have to decide whether they wanted to accept Charles and there's no guarantee they all will since a lot of goodwill towards the monarchy is toward QEII rather than the institution.

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2019 7:23 PM

The Queen Mother's was called "Tay Bridge." It was used for Diana's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2019 8:35 PM

Diana's was MODELED on "Tay Bridge" when they understood how big it was going to have to be. Even so, "Tay Bridge" remained the code name for the Queen Mother's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2019 8:39 PM

The world of communication is different than it was on 6th February 1952. Isn't Princess Elizabeth the only monarch in history who didn't know when she became Queen? Isn't is possible Queen Elizabeth's death could be leaked by a palace staff member and known before any official announcement. Loyalty doesn't seem to be seeping out of Buck House these days...

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2019 8:46 PM

There’s currently a rumor on Twitter that she’s dead now.

OP, are you the same guy who leaked the bin Laden raid here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2019 8:55 PM

In 1936, physicians hastened the death of George V with an injection of morphine/cocaine mixture, so the staid, conservative paper of the Establishment, "The Times," would carry the king's death first over the less reputable evening papers.

Even though George VI was dying from cancer, few expected him to die when he did, or they would not have sent Elizabeth off on that tour.

If Elizabeth dies suddenly, Charles and the prime minister will be informed almost simultaneously. She is in pretty remarkable health for a woman of 93, and there is a likelihood that she will die so. If she falls ill with a serious ailment, Charles will no doubt be at her deathbed. Therefore, he will know before the PM.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2019 9:07 PM

I hope it's not true. I'll add dramatic license (full credit), since this is dramatized. Supposedly, even the Masai warriors learned they had a new HM, and the Queen and Philip were heading back to England. And they showed up on each side of the road to offer their respects to their new Queen. What an overwhelming event. Charles just returned from the Solomon Islands, and the Queen is the head of state of the Solomon Islands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2019 9:07 PM

It would be crazy if she went before Philip, because he’s been looking like death for so long.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2019 9:10 PM

I doubt the Queen has died. I suspect these rumours will grow more and more frequent as she nears 100. Remember the #mediablackout frenzy a few years ago?

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2019 9:42 PM

Would Prince Phillip then become known as the King Father?

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2019 10:31 PM

The Queen is currently the top trend on British Twitter thanks to this rumour.

by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2019 10:33 PM

Kate Middlington probably started the rumors of the Queen's death.

The anorexic bitch can't wait to take over.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2019 10:36 PM

Poor Bea and Eugenie....

"Prince Charles Reportedly Wants to Reduce the Number of Royals After the Prince Andrew Scandal"

As most of us are busy scouring the fridge for the remnants of Thanksgiving leftovers, the British royal family is still dealing with the fallout from Prince Andrew's disastrous tell-all interview, during which he attempted to explain his friendship with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and defend himself against allegations of sexual misconduct.

As those who have been following the scandal will know, after the interview Andrew took a step back from royal duties, saying, "my former association with Jeffrey Epstein has become a major disruption to my family's work." And apparently, Andrew's stepping down from royal duties has "accelerated" Prince Charles' plan to "cut down on the number of working royals."

Right now Queen Elizabeth is in charge of the monarchy, but according to Daily Mail, Prince Charles wants to reduce the number of royals in the spotlight when he becomes king and is only encouraged by his brother Andrew's scandal. Charles is apparently "planning to strip back the royal family to just him, William, Harry, their wives and children when he becomes king," meaning that his siblings—Prince Edward, Princess Anne, and Prince Andrew—and their families won't have as many royal duties. This also means that Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie would be cut from the core royal family.

Obviously, this all remains to be seen—Queen Elizabeth has successfully been doing things her way for 66 years and hasn't announced that she's stepping down anytime soon—but it will be really interesting to see the restructured royal family should Charles have his way!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote]who's been on the throne longer than most people have been alive,

Talk about constipation.

by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2019 10:42 PM

pleez get up we luv u queen

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2019 10:45 PM

I'll outlive ALL of you motherfuckers!

I'll bury you! I'll buy your coffin!

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2019 10:46 PM

Wow, someone needs a lesson in irony, R35.

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2019 11:11 PM

R42 - Either HM or her astral body, still lingering after death, carried out a public engagement a couple of days ago.

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2019 11:17 PM

I’m living forever, Cryonics Biotches.

by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2019 11:20 PM

Nice to hear from CZJ

by Anonymousreply 57December 1, 2019 11:35 PM

R57 no I’m 34.

by Anonymousreply 58December 2, 2019 12:04 AM

RuPaul.

Professional courtesy.

by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2019 2:40 AM

According to the plan 53 counties have to be told the news of her death before the announcement is made publicly. The chances of that happening with out leaking somewhere is almost zero.. so there’d be more than WhatsApp rumours when she does die.

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2019 3:38 AM

I still think that Parliament has to be told first. Then Charles is crowned. There can't be a gap between Monarchs, right? Charles has to be crowned immediately.

by Anonymousreply 61December 2, 2019 3:52 AM

R61 that's not how it works. QEII was Queen for a year and a half before she was crowned. But she technically was Queen the moment her father's heart stopped.

Even aside, they can't throw a ceremony like that together in a few hours. "Hey, your mom's dead, put on this fancy robe"

by Anonymousreply 62December 2, 2019 4:03 AM

I’d be mightily shocked if Our Liz croaks before Prince Phillip. She’s looking great for a 93 year old, whereas he looks like something recently unearthed from the depths of the catacombs. x

by Anonymousreply 63December 2, 2019 4:49 AM

R63 I agree but goodness, he’s looked undead for the last five years.

by Anonymousreply 64December 2, 2019 9:23 AM

R24, the “Princess Diana Dead!” guys should be informed first.

by Anonymousreply 65December 2, 2019 11:26 AM

'Diana's was MODELED on "Tay Bridge" when they understood how big it was going to have to be. Even so, "Tay Bridge" remained the code name for the Queen Mother's funeral.'

Someone's been watching The Queen, with Helen Mirren

by Anonymousreply 66December 2, 2019 11:28 AM

R66 There have been a multitude of articles about Operation Tay Bridge and Operation London Bridge. The info has been in the public domain for years. It's not the huge secret it once was.

by Anonymousreply 67December 2, 2019 11:34 AM

R61 - No, he won't be "crowned" immediately. Coronations take at least a year to plan. Elizabeth's father died in February 1952 - she was crowned in June 1953.

But he will be publicly acknowledged at King in the Accession Proclamation - "Wherefore it has pleased God to call to Himself our beloved Sovereign Elizabeth Alexandra Mary , , , Love Live King Charles III . . .

There is no "gap". The moment after she takes her last breath, Charles is King. When King George V died, his family around his bedside, the first thing his widow, Queen Mary, did was take her oldest son's hand and kiss it in acknowledgement of being Sovereign.

Queen Mary was nothing if not cognizant of certain realities.

by Anonymousreply 68December 2, 2019 1:13 PM

The PM

by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2019 1:20 PM

Of course she will die eventually. Over time the cocktails of rare orchids and fresh pituitary fluid lose their efficacy.

by Anonymousreply 70December 2, 2019 1:21 PM

Can you imagine if the Queen had indeed died less than two weeks before the general election?

by Anonymousreply 71December 2, 2019 2:04 PM

I wonder what percentage of the UK population can remember when there was a King. I mean--I'm 67 and Liz has been queen longer than I've been alive!

by Anonymousreply 72December 2, 2019 3:16 PM

r72 She's been a queen longer than you've been a queen!

by Anonymousreply 73December 2, 2019 3:24 PM

When she dies, do I get her jewels?

by Anonymousreply 74December 2, 2019 3:25 PM

No bitch, I do! That's why you marry the heir and not the spare!

by Anonymousreply 75December 2, 2019 3:29 PM

Huh! They're mine before they're yours!

by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2019 3:31 PM

I'm going to be Queen one day. I'm going to wear a tiara and a sparkling ball gown and long white gloves.

by Anonymousreply 77December 2, 2019 3:34 PM

It shudda been me! Oh, it shudda been me!

by Anonymousreply 78December 2, 2019 3:35 PM

I can spell me own name...just

by Anonymousreply 79December 2, 2019 3:37 PM

I hope she goes in stye, sitting on the toilet 🚽.

by Anonymousreply 80December 2, 2019 3:40 PM

Style ^^

by Anonymousreply 81December 2, 2019 3:41 PM

r80 Only way to go

by Anonymousreply 82December 2, 2019 3:42 PM

r82 Too right...brrp….hic

by Anonymousreply 83December 2, 2019 3:42 PM

If her heart went, straining to shit out a turd on the dunny, they'd never admit it. They'd say she went with dignity in her sleep.

by Anonymousreply 84December 2, 2019 3:46 PM

The plans for HRH Margaret's death were called "Bloody Rusty Cunt."

by Anonymousreply 85December 2, 2019 3:50 PM

My mother was born on the same day and year as the Queen. Given her still firm grip -or stranglehold -on my family, I wouldn’t be surprised if they both outlive us all.

by Anonymousreply 86December 2, 2019 3:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 2, 2019 3:54 PM

That looks like a decoy Queen, r87.

by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2019 4:52 PM

There are already Queen truthers

by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2019 5:16 PM

When she does go, I hope her death doesn't overtake the news media in America. I don't want to see day after day after day, of Queen death coverage all over the news. America is supposed to acknowledge "Royalty" in this country. It supposed to be completely monarch free.

I think all coverage of her death should be relegated to "BBC America" and nowhere else. I'm just not going to want to see that.

by Anonymousreply 90December 2, 2019 5:28 PM

America isn't supposed to acknowledge "Royalty" in America, is what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 91December 2, 2019 5:29 PM

America is not monarch free!

by Anonymousreply 92December 2, 2019 6:01 PM

Agreed r92

by Anonymousreply 93December 2, 2019 6:10 PM

ditto r92

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2019 6:12 PM

Now Oprah IS someone I can imagine dying taking a shit on the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 95December 2, 2019 6:14 PM

First person notified is Charles, who will be left to notify Philip if he is 1) still alive, and 2) still compos mentis. Then the PM is notified. Charles tells the rest of the family. The Lord Chamberlain is notified at the same time as the PM. Only then is the public bulletin released. Then the rest of the plan goes into effect.

by Anonymousreply 96December 2, 2019 6:18 PM

What happens when Oprah dies?

by Anonymousreply 97December 2, 2019 6:43 PM

The common house frau of America collectively lose their shit!

by Anonymousreply 98December 2, 2019 6:44 PM

It'll be the beginning of The Age of Queen Camilla 👑.

by Anonymousreply 99December 2, 2019 6:52 PM

R98 they'll still have ME!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 2, 2019 6:53 PM

R97 - First call is of course to Meghan Markle, so she can get an IG message out first about how heartbroken she is at the loss of her closest friends all these years.

by Anonymousreply 101December 2, 2019 6:56 PM

r101 rest in peace my beautiful BFF Queen Monarch Royal Highness Elisabeth of London n Common Rich of Canada Austria n Zealand u were hot AF. I hope I am half the queen you were but betta I will remember u every morning when I do my bikram yoga n every Remember Day in Stella McCartney or Alexander McQueen or Victoria Beckham everyone loved u but not as much as they love me harrys mum loved u so much to

#deadqueen #newpeoplesprincess #meghan #hotbitch #me #me #me # harryswife #newqueen #bikramyoga #stellamccartney #alexandermcqueen #victoriabeckham

by Anonymousreply 102December 2, 2019 7:15 PM

R102 - She doesn't do McQueen - that's Kate go-to designer. But you could have added Givenchy and de la Renta . . .

by Anonymousreply 103December 2, 2019 7:51 PM

r103 Anna Wintour you are not

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 2, 2019 8:03 PM

RIP ur majesty u r wit the angles now xoxox ❤️❤️❤️✌🏾

by Anonymousreply 105December 2, 2019 8:13 PM

[quote]It will be first announced here on DL.

Bingo! we have a winner.

by Anonymousreply 106December 2, 2019 8:17 PM

R104 - well, well, I stand corrected. I thought she'd avoided McQueen like the plague.

R103

And no, I am not Anna Wintour

by Anonymousreply 107December 2, 2019 8:24 PM

That’s the throne to you, R80, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 108December 4, 2019 8:33 PM

Don't believe any rumors that you're dead.

by Anonymousreply 109December 4, 2019 8:59 PM

“If” she ever dies, OP?

by Anonymousreply 110December 5, 2019 1:16 AM

R110 - Not OP here, but those June celebrations of HM's birthday are beginning to feel curiously surreal.

by Anonymousreply 111December 5, 2019 7:30 PM

I’m convinced it’s the alcohol keeping her going. Doesn’t she have at least five cocktails a day?

by Anonymousreply 112December 7, 2019 5:26 PM

Our Queen is not a big drinker. She might have two per day.

This sounds like an American from that AA cult.

by Anonymousreply 113December 7, 2019 6:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!