Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roseanne Barr Tapped For 'Trumpettes' Gala At Mar-a-Lago

Controversial comedian Roseanne Barr — whose rebooted “Roseanne” TV series was cancelled after a racist attack on Twitter — is joining the lineup at an upcoming Trumpettes USA fete at Mar-a-Lago, The Palm Beach Post reported.

Barr will be a featured speaker at Donald Trump’s golf resort for the gala, which begins Feb. 1 and is organized by the president’s female supporters. The event is already sold out, the group noted on its Facebook page with a link to the newspaper story announcing Barr’s appearance. Donald Trump Jr. is also scheduled to attend. (Everyone attendee will receive a copy of his book.)

Trumpettes founder Toni Holt Kramer told The Palm Beach Post she was “thrilled” to have Barr. The Trumpettes are also expecting the president to be at his club that weekend.

“Roseanne is a really loyal Trump supporter. If there was ever anybody who really put their mouth on the line and said how much she loves the president, she is one of them,” Holt Kramer told the newspaper.

Barr’s series was cancelled by ABC last year after she attacked former Obama White House aide Valerie Jarrett on Twitter.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr tweeted, referring to Jarrett, who is black and was born in Iran to American parents.

Barr later apologized and deleted the tweet, blaming it on a prescription drug she had taken. “It was 2 in the morning and I was Ambien tweeting,” Barr tweeted at the time. “I went too far and do not want it defended. It was egregious and indefensible.”

A representative of the French company that manufactures Ambien, Sanofi, responded: “While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication.”

Months later Barr insisted she was called a racist because she voted for Trump.

Holt Kramer told the Post: “I know Roseanne, and if I know somebody who is not racist, it’s certainly Roseanne.”

She said Barr was unjustly attacked after her tweet because “Hollywood is a very left, Democratic community. They want everybody to be on the left — and if you aren’t, you’re not going to work very often,” she added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2019 1:20 PM

How is it possible that she was more liberal when she was fatter?

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2019 3:31 AM

Why can't Trump be content to be rich and crazy like Roseanne? Get back to filming The Apprentice and holding the occasional white hood rally. Roseanne can compete on the comeback season. PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2019 4:04 AM

Is it really wise to take advantage of an obviously mentally ill woman? I mean, she is a stark, raving lunatic.

Doesn't she have any handlers? Kids?

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2019 4:13 AM

Roseanne's "loved ones" are probably hoping she'll die from an overdose, leave them her millions, then become "professional orphans" (books, interviews, etc).

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2019 4:26 AM

I did hear one of her son's hid her Twitter password at one point.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2019 4:36 AM

That was her daughters, r5 and she got it back.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2019 5:41 AM

Why is she such a scumbag? Is she a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2019 5:46 AM

I have always hated her. I wish she would die.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2019 6:06 AM

Does this mean she'll be part of a precision dance-line, like the Rockettes?

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2019 6:08 AM

It was either him or Scott Baio.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2019 7:52 AM

Yes she is a scumbag and she’s not mentally ill in the sense many people believe she is. She suffers from a whole host of personality issues. Even her sister confirmed this. Before she found fame Roseanne needed to always present herself as a victim.

Is she a sociopath? Absolutely. What she did to her own father should have gotten her jail time. She gave three different excuses as to why she made the accusations- one of which was to simply get their attention. She doesn’t care whose life she ruins.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2019 9:22 AM

She’s abit fat.

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2019 9:26 AM

She looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2019 10:40 AM

A Night Of Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2019 10:43 AM

I'm scared we're getting another four years of this crap.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2019 11:05 AM

How long before Trump calls her a fat, ugly dog or something worse? Don't people know his loyalty and appreciation only lasts as long as they are useful to him.

One misstep and she joins the mountain of people already under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2019 11:10 AM

Hmmmm. I wonder what Miss Palm Beach and Trump were saying about their dear, dear friend Roseanne back in the 90s when she did that trashy disrespectful rendition of The Star Spangled Banner (grabbing her nasty crotch during the performance) at that Major League Baseball game?

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2019 11:24 AM

I bet she'll end up saying the n-word under the banner of "humor."

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2019 12:01 PM

This "Night if Trumpanzee...Err...Trumpettes" will turn out to be a trainwreck of epic proportions. Who else are they gonna have? Diamond and Sill? Magat strippers (those shouldn't be too hard to find in Florida... though they might not have teeth) ?

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2019 12:44 PM

I would love that there whole Rosanne Barr fiasco to be a total farce that she perpetrated just for this moment. This moment to get before Trump, the Trumpetts, and totally roast Donald Trump for the scum that he is. Wouldn't that be great??

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2019 12:57 PM

[quote] I bet she'll end up saying the n-word under the banner of "humor."

You mean like so many black comedians do with the f-word?

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2019 1:20 PM

R21, there’s no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2019 1:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!