Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rising death rates among white Americans caused by misperceived treat to their dominant social status, study shows

This Is completely true

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 20, 2021 3:57 AM

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2019 3:25 PM

Treat.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2019 3:25 PM

they can fuck off

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2019 3:26 PM

Bye bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2019 3:29 PM

We had decades of these types of studies done on men once the word feminism reached the mainstream. Men we threatened we were told and therefore they were doing worse at school, worse st work, dying younger, earning less. The usual suspects used those studies as proof of a war on men and a reason to put women back in their place.

Now we have the same studies emerging about white people and the same usual suspects using these studies to drum up sympathy, scare people into thinking the evil minorities are out to take their power and to push people of color back into their place.

Same old, same old.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2019 3:32 PM

I think this is true especially among sexist white males 60+. They grew seeing women as sex objects and a threat to their masculinity if they weren't put in their place. Gays were sissy men and they laughed at scenes like in Braveheart when the King threw the bf out the window. They sexually harassed the women in their office because they thought they could. They talked about immigrants with disdain for coming over in the floorboard of someone's car.

They were never taught to put other people first, to follow other people. That would be ridiculous. It would be ridiculous to follow a woman. They cheer scenes like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2019 3:33 PM

r5 Early in Reagan's time in office there began a campaign fueled by many articles that white men were being discriminated against in the work place and university admissions and minorities and women were "taking over" (my words). They went to war on any programs that were set up to help women and minorities.

This kind of dialogue is something that the right wing and supremacists launch to try to kill any progress toward equality for all. White men SEEM to be the most vicious, brutal, devious and depraved members of the human race from all evidence. They will stop at nothing to preserve their hold on things even to the destruction of everything. They will flip the table and take everything down with them rather than concede an inch. Truly insane.

You are welcome to prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2019 3:44 PM

R7 I agree with you. I’ll add though that men of all races will tear everything down before conceding power to women.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2019 3:50 PM

Actually, no. This shit is put out by the 1 percent to keep the lower classes fighting among themselves for ever-decreasing share of the pie.

The real enemy is the Uber-rich, people. Keep focused.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2019 4:02 PM

R9 But how do we get people to understand that. Until people have accepted the inherent equality of women, other races and other sexualities they can be silenced with “scarewords” like feminism, homosexual agenda, illegal alien. You are right of course that people at the top of the food chain are just delighted that white working and middle class people think the enemy is illegals and feminists and black lives matter. If people woke up and stopped being blinded be prejudice there would be a mass riot against the few who now have 90+% of the pie to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2019 4:07 PM

So it looks like they are saying there is a white genocide

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2019 4:08 PM

[quote]If people woke up and stopped being blinded be prejudice there would be a mass riot against the few who now have 90+% of the pie to themselves.

Yep. The billionaire class and their politician enablers love the fact that the rest of us are easily distracted by stoking fear of the other. Keeps us from coming together in a working-class coalition that achieves real power in this country.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2019 4:11 PM

GO FASTER BOOMER!

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2019 4:14 PM

*Malory Archer voice*

"If I can't walk though a major city and see only white faces then I'll just DIE!"

*Dramatic flourish*

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2019 4:16 PM

This applies to gay white males.

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2019 4:17 PM

Jordan Peterson is probably jacking off to that "study" as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2019 4:17 PM

[quote]“If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.” -LBJ

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2019 4:20 PM

R17 that tired old quote has to be at least 70 years old. Most of us weren’t even around then. Times have changed.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2019 4:22 PM

R18, how can anyone look at Trump and not see that the LBJ quote above couldn’t be any more fitting?

Trump has found the lowest common denominator, racism, to rally his base of racist supporters.

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2019 4:25 PM

R18 Have they though?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2019 4:29 PM

What were the political biases behind it? Why, none, none at all!

It's disgusting to watch so many people in this thread rejoice over people dying, WHITE or BLACK or BROWN. Racism is alive and well. When will you racist SOBs start rejoicing when brown people are dying, too? If you can treat other humans like this, it's only a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2019 4:31 PM

In other news children who are entitled brats throw a tantrum when they see other kids getting an ice cream

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote][R17] that tired old quote has to be at least 70 years old. Most of us weren’t even around then. Times have changed.

The GOP exists right now specifically because that is their tactic. How fucking dumb are you that you didn't notice Trump immediately left his GOP competitors in the dust the moment he gave white people Mexicans and Muslims to "look down on"? The target is different, the tact is EXACTLY the same.

You're not much of a critical thinker.

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2019 4:34 PM

I’m delighted to heat about this.

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2019 4:34 PM

Sweet shit how dumb are people.

It's not the aging population, the increasing cancer rates, alcoholism, the obesity epidemic, the stress of having to work too hard to make ends meet or the lack of health insurance.

It's not that the former middle class no longer exists and the poverty gap has widened exponentially.

Noooo! It's white peoples authority being questioned. How stupid of me not to realise the root cause.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2019 4:38 PM

Any white person who dies faster because of this deserves to. We don't need them in the gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2019 4:44 PM

R25, you're kind of an idiot not to comprehend that depression/anger leads to things like alcoholism and over-eating and just not giving a shit about how you live your life.

You really needed someone to point it out to you? Cause/effect.

You're not American, so I'm surprised your education sucked. At least I know our system isn't the only one that failed.

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2019 4:44 PM

R27 if other people having equality and status eaal to yours causes you such depression and stress that you die.

Well fuck you you're a terrible person. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2019 4:48 PM

What a stupid premise for a study. From the article:

[quote] While mortality rates trend higher for whites, the increased causes of death have been due to alcohol consumption, opioid use, opioid overdose and suicides. According to the study, rising chronic diseases—which includes hypertension and obesity—also contributed to this trend.

Isn't that enough? Job insecurity and low wages are real. It seems like a huge jump to say increased mortality is due to "perceived loss of status."

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2019 4:50 PM

They have some nerve calling anyone else a snowflake if the Literally DIE when people who don't look like them enter their rarified space.

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2019 4:51 PM

R28, I couldn't agree more. In fact, I was going to call out the "Mexican" fool in this thread who thought it was simply ghastly that we say "good riddance."

It has NOTHING to do with their top fucking layer of epidermis and everything to do with the person who lies underneath. If you're an entitled asshole who think* your epidermis alone should determine your status, then you have no business being in any civilized society - and that goes for DLers who have on a regular basis expressed similar stupidity as if "sodomites" would be welcomed in a society built on prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2019 4:53 PM

[QUOTE]“If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.” -LBJ

[QUOTE] that tired old quote has to be at least 70 years old. Most of us weren’t even around then. Times have changed.

What fucking planet are you living on? That quote might as well be the banner above the stage at every Republican national convention.

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2019 4:56 PM

Jordan Peterson and his fucking lobster theory has destroyed critical thinking when it comes to sociology.

Apparently as a society we have to walk on eggshells to preserve the egos of older white guys or else they'll crumble to dust. So fucking fragile are they.

Buy at the same time they're naturally more alpha and superior and we're all just deluded cultural marxists going against nature by challenging their biological dominance.

This is what happens when mediocre boys are told they're great and amazing all their lives.

by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2019 4:57 PM

I have always been leery of stereotyping large segments of the human race but...I recently retired from they LA to my hometown in central FL. After three months among them I can truly say this place is Trumplandia Most all the white men between 25-50 years are unemployed. They spend their days drinking cheap bear and smoking pot. Watching sports and FOX, Their wives support their families by low paying service jobs. Comparing their lives with their dad's standard of living must be soul crushing. They compensate by hating the "Guvmnt", blacks,immigrants,gays,women,liberals ect. They are armed to the teeth yet they fear everyone.They all have tats, beards down to their waist and weigh in at minimum of 300 lbs. No doubt sporting 4 in pink stub dicks. When you get past their " Bless You"s they are truly some of the most hateful people I've ever encountered. The plus side is that at least once a week one commits suicide. This is their "flag" that flies outside the neighborhood barbershop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 30, 2019 4:59 PM

[quote]Jordan Peterson and his fucking lobster theory

I've seen this person's name before and I can honestly say I'm proud to not know what he looks like, nor the sound of his voice, nor anything about a lobster theory.

by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2019 5:01 PM

R34 Why is it these guys wives never have trouble finding a job (or 3) but their husbands lie around at home blaming everyone else for their unemployment?

by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2019 5:02 PM

I think the problem lies in white GOP voters, voting against their interests (health care, equitable tax laws etc) based on GOP pols playing their regressive social prejudices. It’s literally killing them.

by Anonymousreply 37November 30, 2019 5:03 PM

R35 He's a Canadian cult leader and charlatan whos stole everything he ever thought from Ayn Rand and Heinrich Himmler.

Millennials love him.

by Anonymousreply 38November 30, 2019 5:05 PM

You literally have these white people who are told to their fucking faces that Obama tried to provide funding for retraining them so they have a future or they finally have health insurance knowing it's because of Obama and they tell you without shame that they hate giving him credit for anything and they continue to vote GOP. A lot of them *know* and they don't care. They vote against Dems solely because they do in fact feel like they should be treated special. They don't want an even playing field. Trump has NOTHING in common with them except for the racism. A man born into wealth living in an elitist life in NYC who would sooner have dinner with Hollywood than vets. And they voted for him because he played to their supremacist beliefs. They can't accept that the brown and black person trying to provide for their families are who they're in the same boat with and not the NYC elitist guy who screwed over working people and couldn't be less patriotic in every move he ever made in his life.

I've said this before on here and I would bet my life on it: Donald Trump would've done business with the Bin Laden family -who are also involved in real estate- while the WTC was still smoldering, if no one found out. So these "real 'muricans" who support him do so because of the shit he says which makes them feel good. All of it based in racism and bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 39November 30, 2019 5:15 PM

R38, is he one of those idiots like Shapiro who shows up in my YT recommendations (despite my avoiding politics on there) and he's always "destroying" or "owning" someone?

by Anonymousreply 40November 30, 2019 5:17 PM

R38 The very same.

by Anonymousreply 41November 30, 2019 5:20 PM

R33 Very true but sad isn’t it. “We are so superior it’s natural and inevitable that we should dominate and control everyone - but as soon as a few women and/or brown people get an education and a good job we will drink ourselves to death or commit suicide out of desperation - and ps we are the rational, logical, unemotional gender” 🤯

by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2019 5:20 PM

[quote] White men SEEM to be the most vicious, brutal, devious and depraved members of the human race from all evidence. They will stop at nothing to preserve their hold on things even to the destruction of everything. They will flip the table and take everything down with them rather than concede an inch. Truly insane.

Oh yes, all this despite the fact that countries where white men hold power are the most egalitarian and progressive of all patriarchal societies. If you are a woman or gay man, you are welcome to go to India, Saudi Arabia, Africa and see how you fare.

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2019 5:28 PM

R35 imagine Alfalfa with Kermit The Frog's voice.

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2019 5:29 PM

A Republican candidate pushing universal healthcare would be unstoppable, R37.

by Anonymousreply 45November 30, 2019 5:31 PM

If racist morons are killing themselves becaue they can't handle people of color having a say or being the majority, then good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 46November 30, 2019 5:34 PM

[quote]Oh yes, all this despite the fact that countries where white men hold power are the most egalitarian and progressive of all patriarchal societies.

The ones who think like you weren't the reason for the progress; it happened despite their protests. They're the ones who hop on after to pat themselves on the back.

And you need to cut this shit where you apply your own racist ideology to the rest of us. It's been made crystal clear to you that the issue is with the ones who continue to vote GOP considering they don't have the right color in their wallet.

by Anonymousreply 47November 30, 2019 5:34 PM

What's this misperceived treat? Rice Krispies squares?

by Anonymousreply 48November 30, 2019 5:36 PM

We can all go from "building for tomorrow" to "live for today"! Laying down the burden will be such a relief.

by Anonymousreply 49November 30, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote]A Republican candidate pushing universal healthcare would be unstoppable, [R37].

Republicans can't win unless they gerrymander and/or depend on the electoral system. The majority of the country doesn't vote for the racism they coddle.

Trump couldn't win without an electoral college that allows someone with fewer votes to win.

by Anonymousreply 50November 30, 2019 5:37 PM

Actually right wing forums are full of thread after thread talking about how rotten modern America and the “West” is. The women are feminazis, the queers are converting the children, everywhere is feminized blah blah blah. Then someone will mention Muslims and suddenly it’s all “They are not compatible with Western values” “They hate Western culture” and suddenly everyone is all concerned about how women and gays are treated in Muslim countries. An hour before they were all gong to Asia because Western women were the devil incarnate.

Funny what a common enemy can do!

by Anonymousreply 51November 30, 2019 5:41 PM

[quote] Keeps us from coming together in a working-class coalition that achieves real power in this country.

r12 tried before, then USSR was born

by Anonymousreply 52November 30, 2019 5:42 PM

White people are terrified about becoming a minority?

Why, are minorities treated as second-class citizens or something? (sarcasm)

White people are deathly afraid of being treated the way they treat others. They could fix this if maybe they started treating others the way they'd like to be treated instead of being racist, sexist, anti-gay, oppressive, persecuting selfish fuck-wads.

by Anonymousreply 53November 30, 2019 5:43 PM

[quote]and suddenly everyone is all concerned about how women and gays are treated in Muslim countries.

They're tantamount to the assholes who supported the Iraq war because "Saddam was killing his own people." In other words, using an argument for which they themselves couldn't care less. No one believes there's a genuine concern. Just looking for a way to defend their own hate.

by Anonymousreply 54November 30, 2019 5:52 PM

R53 no one should be treated like that. Are we going to stoop to their level because of some medieval "eye for an eye" revenge that will only continue the tit for tat cycle of abuse and ignorance for centuries to come?

by Anonymousreply 55November 30, 2019 5:58 PM

[quote] It seems like a huge jump to say increased mortality is due to "perceived loss of status."

Perhaps, but then why is it only white mortality rates that are rising? Other races face the same financial, health, etc. issues.

by Anonymousreply 56November 30, 2019 6:04 PM

[quote]Perhaps, but then why is it only white mortality rates that are rising? Other races face the same financial, health, etc. issues.

Death rates are rising for blacks too.

And blacks over all have the highest mortality rate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 30, 2019 6:06 PM

[qwuote]White people are deathly afraid of being treated the way they treat others. They could fix this if maybe they started treating others the way they'd like to be treated instead of being racist, sexist, anti-gay, oppressive, persecuting selfish fuck-wads.

I love the way you use sweeping generalizations about people.

Go fuck yourself. Bigoted idiot.

by Anonymousreply 58November 30, 2019 6:09 PM

[quote]White people are deathly afraid of being treated the way they treat others. They could fix this if maybe they started treating others the way they'd like to be treated instead of being racist, sexist, anti-gay, oppressive, persecuting selfish fuck-wads.

I love the way you use sweeping generalizations about people.

Go fuck yourself. Bigoted idiot.

by Anonymousreply 59November 30, 2019 6:10 PM

R56 It's not just rising for whites. The so called "study" chose only to focus on whites and disregard data from other races.

by Anonymousreply 60November 30, 2019 6:12 PM

This is working all according to plan. The racial factions are fighting each other.

Meanwhile, let’s us buy ourselves a new Gulfstream. God forbid we should have to coexist with all the rest of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 61November 30, 2019 6:14 PM

Maybe if these guys went out and actually did something with their lives instead of spending them jerking off and reading 4chan they might live a little longer.

by Anonymousreply 62November 30, 2019 6:16 PM

But at least the jerking off helps with prostate health!

by Anonymousreply 63November 30, 2019 6:17 PM

I already jerked off twice today.

by Anonymousreply 64November 30, 2019 6:19 PM

Unless we get certain cultural issues in hand, there will continue to be a rise in the perception that life is not worth living. The trend has been long in the making. We have to stop putting money ahead of the population's well being. Where the fuck is the surgeon general? The FCC? Medical and psychiatric groups? Military leaders? All this is not good for our long-term health as a nation.

by Anonymousreply 65November 30, 2019 6:34 PM

The death rates are high for African Americans too from stress from constant racism whether micro aggressions or overt prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 66November 30, 2019 6:34 PM

The 1% will not escape when shit turns to stink. That is THEIR fate.

by Anonymousreply 67November 30, 2019 6:35 PM

R66, the death rates for blacks is high because racist white cops keep killing them.

by Anonymousreply 68November 30, 2019 6:41 PM

Bullshit people don't die because they think they are losing status. Without even doing a study I can tell they are dying because of increased cancer rates, obesity, and drug use. However if it is true, Thanks Obama.

by Anonymousreply 69November 30, 2019 6:43 PM

Master race? More like DISASTER race!

Bye, bitches! Don’t let me stop you from making the world a better place by removing yourselves from it.

by Anonymousreply 70November 30, 2019 6:51 PM

Euro Americans have historically had a better life expectancy than other US ethnic groups. Now the deteriorating standard of living is finally hitting them. Welcome to corporate feudalism.

by Anonymousreply 71November 30, 2019 6:55 PM

[quote]Without even doing a study I can tell they are dying because of increased cancer rates, obesity, and drug use.

Again, you can't figure out *why* the drug use or the eating or the smoking or the drinking to excess happens in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 72November 30, 2019 7:05 PM

oh boo hoo. learn to share with other people for once.

by Anonymousreply 73November 30, 2019 7:08 PM

how*

by Anonymousreply 74November 30, 2019 7:22 PM

r55, it seems like that's all they answer to. playing fair with them and being the bigger person obviously hasn't worked.

by Anonymousreply 75November 30, 2019 7:24 PM

Exactly, R75. I'll think about "going high" as they pass around pictures of Michelle Obama as a gorilla or worship at the alter of someone who is president specifically due to spreading hate.

We really do need to keep playing this game of trying to understand people who clearly don't care how "nice" you are to them.

by Anonymousreply 76November 30, 2019 7:29 PM

This is good news. These are white people that should die and quickly and hopefully those children of them who believe what they believe. Bet 99% of the voted for and adore Trump and to quote LBJ, “If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.” These are people this world need to be rid of.

by Anonymousreply 77November 30, 2019 7:34 PM

I want a treat!

by Anonymousreply 78November 30, 2019 7:35 PM

Sorry, R17. I posted before I read the thread, bad habit, I know. I didn't see you already posted the LBJ quote. It is one of my favorite quotes and as true today as it was all those decades ago, maybe even more so and anyone who dismisses it because it was said long ago, is an idiot. Looking at you R18.

by Anonymousreply 79November 30, 2019 7:39 PM

The authors of this study should be drummed out of academia - there's no way to tie this to a 'perceived loss of status'.

It's because of real job loss and limited opportunities outside of the largest metro areas. It's not rocket science - but to say it has anything to do with white status is irresponsible, dangerous and anti-science.

by Anonymousreply 80November 30, 2019 7:44 PM

[quote] I love the way you use sweeping generalizations about people. Go fuck yourself. Bigoted idiot.

I wonder how often r59 comes whining to the defense of races other than white when someone makes a shitty generalization about them.

by Anonymousreply 81November 30, 2019 7:57 PM

I sincerely hope that R77 is a Russian disinformation agent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 30, 2019 8:36 PM

I wonder how often [R81] makes shitty generalization about race..

by Anonymousreply 83November 30, 2019 8:52 PM

They dont want a level playing field. Show up white and get the job, special deal,, none of that sweat of brow shit. R39, is absolutely correct.

by Anonymousreply 84November 30, 2019 11:58 PM

Trump has increased racism against white males who are racist or not. Fact

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2019 12:01 AM

I think it has more to do with poor nutrition and the lack of access to healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 86December 1, 2019 12:17 AM

Poor nutrition creates greater need for healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 87December 1, 2019 12:18 AM

R85, I posted directly above you, I don't think so. My best friend is a white male I would have his back against anyone, because he's a good man a decent person . I'm a black bisexual woman and he has been a friend in every way me.

by Anonymousreply 88December 1, 2019 1:31 AM

Here's some straight talk express.

[bold]Whites have lost their privileged lives over the past 45 years.[/bold]

[italic]Whites, especially men, but both sexes, do not have the opportunities they did in the 1960s.[/italic] We know it is due to outsourcing manufacturing, creating flat organizations, eliminating support staff, rising health care costs, decline of unions, with the benefits they defended and executive compensation.

Most white men do not know this ^^ They just look at their own experience. Here's two examples -

---1 In the mid60s a friend of Mother's got a job as a secretary at Sears. [italic]She needed to provide a letter from her husband giving her permission to work. Sears assigned her to the Manager of the Repair Fleet for all the S. FL. He had a huge job. She did all work. [/italic] In the times before computers, she calculated the logistics, worked with dispatchers and other supervisors, monitored inventory and wrote performance appraisals. The Manager did very little, spent most of his time with his peers chatting.

In the 70s, [italic] Sears decided to push an affirmative action program, fired him and made her manager! [/italic] This happened frequently as companies replaced their albino dinosaurs with cheaper staff doing the work. Women, blacks (some Managers had a black supervisor do did all their work AND was happy to do it) and gays.

---2 The latter I saw personally. In the nineties, as corporation began flattening their org charts, I worked at America Express. We had a [italic] Marketing Director, who also did nothing and had a total staff of 8 orged into 3 levels. The two managers were gay men, all the creativity and ideas came from them.[/italic] They worked like dogs. The dinosaurs would mock them, it seemed the Director's main contribution was being straight. In the 90s, when Amex reorganizes their little area, [italic] one of the gays pounced, became Director and established a flat org structure. [/italic]

Now what did those managers THINK happened. Most probably they did not consider their lack value-add, because it had been that way since WWII. They acted normally. Nor did they consider that corporations they "believed in" betrayed them. On the contrary, they believed the govt. forced Sears and Amex to give their jobs to women, blacks and gays.

Same goes for their kids, who went from a privileged life supported by Sears & Amex to mom working as a medical assistant and dad as security guard. What did the kids THINK happened. What do the kids THINK happens when they or they own children is passed over in favor of a minority.

r71

[quote] Euro Americans have historically had a better life expectancy than other US ethnic groups. Now the deteriorating standard of living is finally hitting them. Welcome to corporate feudalism.

Exactly what is happening. It takes a while to show up in the death stats.

r34 - This flag, you mean?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 1, 2019 1:54 AM

most white men are sick of paying for public housing, food stamps and all the other govt freebies given to minorities who choose not to work and are living a good life without responsibility. The rate of children born into this govt pay me culture is making most decent white men sick to see their country going to the hogs.

by Anonymousreply 90December 1, 2019 2:03 AM

^You can always spot the incel racist turds because they're too lazy to even capitalize the first fucking letter and just drone on and on.

The type of loser who has one of those St. George's flags in his avatar with a Crusader knight, meanwhile, he's some fatass with cheeto-stained fingers.

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2019 2:06 AM

r91 - and someone who does podcasts and blogs while he women support him.

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2019 2:10 AM

The only whites who have privilege are those who are gay and not Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 93December 1, 2019 2:10 AM

I mean not gay or Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 94December 1, 2019 2:11 AM

R90, btw, most of the top ten MOOCHER states are solidly Republican and predominantly white. Trust me, asshole, the minorities working their asses off in places like NYC aren't waiting for some hick in KY to pay their bills,. It's the other way around, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 95December 1, 2019 2:17 AM

I remember this used to be a white man's country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 1, 2019 2:56 AM

R89 Yes, I suppose this "flag" has replaced the Confederate flag or

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 1, 2019 2:58 AM

[quote]I remember this used to be a white man's country.

2018 Median Household Income:

White, not Hispanic: $70,642

Black: $41,361

by Anonymousreply 98December 1, 2019 4:23 AM

[quote] [R17] that tired old quote has to be at least 70 years old. Most of us weren’t even around then. Times have changed.

Not much. LBJ's edict was the basis for Trump's 2016 election. Inexplicably, there are white imbeciles in this country who refer to Obama as "Odumbo." White identity in America is based on the belief that they are somehow smarter, stronger and faster than non-whites. Obama threatened that basic core belief of "whiteness" and the (white) world shifted off its axis.

by Anonymousreply 99December 1, 2019 6:16 AM

This "study" is hot garbage. All the so-called researchers did was notice that white mortality is rising in parts of the U.S. where white voters voted for Trump. They proved absolutely no cause and effect, that these voters went for Trump because of perceived loss of status, which would be the first thing they would have to prove to even continue with their hypothesis. But I guess no one can expect better of social "science" or the humanities, especially if the "researchers" are deeply embedded in grievance studies.

Far more likely, white voters in areas where white people are dying from lifestyle diseases feel that their lives are worse off. Since the last president was a Democrat, they blamed Democrats, and Trump's (complete bullshit) slogan of making America great again made them think he was going to make their lives better. Voters vote for their own *perceived* self-interest, and Democrats have long been shit at convincing white voters that Democratic policies are in their interest. For a number of different reasons, the white working class doesn't care about or is actively hostile toward free college or free health care (about the only things Democrats are interested in offering regular people).

Is there really a debate that these people's lives are worse now? Almost all of us are doing worse now than our forebears 40 years ago.

Lastly, it's really a laugh that these researchers have their heads so far up their asses they're pretending it would only have been a "perceived" loss in status. If whiteness used to confer an inherent higher status to someone and then things shift so it no longer offers higher status, then that's a loss in status.

by Anonymousreply 100December 1, 2019 8:09 AM

All of those sociological studies are bullshit. They start with whatever answer they want and find data that supports their conclusion and reject anything that doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 101December 1, 2019 9:33 AM

Sociology is a bullshit field that has done nothing to make our lives better. It’s just another way to make meddling white women feel good about themselves without making any actual structural changes.

by Anonymousreply 102December 1, 2019 12:35 PM

R103 = old white baby boomer triggered by alleged threat to his dominant social status.

by Anonymousreply 103December 1, 2019 12:37 PM

Newsweekiest headline EVER!

by Anonymousreply 104December 1, 2019 12:47 PM

Ok well you know yourself best, r103. We’ll just take your word for it.

by Anonymousreply 105December 1, 2019 12:47 PM

It isn’t about perception. It’s about access to quality healthcare.

Health insurance used to be provided through work, and used to be great. More white families had great health insurance because the head of household had full-time jobs. Fewer minorities had access to the best healthcare.

Now, health insurance does not cover as much, has greater out of pocket costs, high deductibles,etc. White people’s coverage is more comparable to minorities’.

This was a racist article. Racism sells.

by Anonymousreply 106December 1, 2019 12:58 PM

If everyone and everything is racist then nobody and nothing is racist, yet that does not stop the argument being sounded in every way, and so far appears deeper than the Mariana Trench in causality. But please, let's do continue this important exploration. Facts be damned.

by Anonymousreply 107December 1, 2019 4:00 PM

[quote]old white baby boomer triggered by alleged threat to his dominant social status.

R103 Threat to his dominant social status? Where?

The wealth divide has only grown wider over the last 30 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 1, 2019 4:21 PM

check out most of the Bronx, where 70% of the population (mostly Black and Latin) are on full throttle public assistance.....Bronx has a population of 3 million. You are paying suckers

by Anonymousreply 109December 2, 2019 1:10 PM

Actually, R109. If we're going to be honest about NYC, the ones ripping off medicare and medicaid to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars, are the Hasidic Jews and the Eastern Europeans (who are Jewish, too. Sorry, but it's true. They're the ones who came over during Reagan). It's actually rampant and everyone knows it.

by Anonymousreply 110December 2, 2019 2:06 PM

Oh, and section 8 housing, too. Ripping off big time.

by Anonymousreply 111December 2, 2019 2:07 PM

Get the hell outta MY COUNTRY punk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 2, 2019 2:47 PM

[quote] R51: Funny what a common enemy can do!

True. If you look at America historically, we are most united when we have an enemy. Such as:

Indians

Blacks

Catholics

Immigrants

Blacks

Jews

Anarchists

Monarchists

The “Hun”

Commies

Blacks

Immigrants

Italians and Irish

Homos

Commies

Blacks

Immigrants

Etc.

by Anonymousreply 113December 2, 2019 3:55 PM

^Oops, forgot “Fascists”.

by Anonymousreply 114December 2, 2019 3:56 PM

You also forgot Nazis and put Commies twice.

by Anonymousreply 115December 2, 2019 4:12 PM

Good riddance to all white trash. And theres plenty of them in America.

Good fucking riddance. You won't be missed, and nothing of value will be lost.

by Anonymousreply 116December 2, 2019 5:11 PM

And here I was thinking it's the opioid crisis.

by Anonymousreply 117December 2, 2019 5:24 PM

When my son was about 6 in NYC and we were talking to a bunch of parents about which public school we hoped our kids would end up at (it was not the closest school to where one lived. Manhattan doesn’t do that because they’d wind up with segregated schools).

One woman had 3 sons and said that the school her 2 sons went to was “geared towards girls & really discriminated against male students. I don’t want my 3rd son going there.”

When my son went to school I could see how mothers of sons would feel this way. Girls are very verbal and sociable. The vast majority of boys just aren’t.

In the past, girls were discouraged from talking in school. They were called “little chatterboxes.” On the day of, parent teacher conference we were greeted at the school door by 2 Chinese girls who asked which grade we were seeking & the name of the teacher. Then they brought us to the classroom told us to have a seat and the teacher would call us in when ready. They went back downstairs. The girls were maybe 10 years old. There were signs on the wall for kids to sign up and be “chaperones” on parent teacher day. The names of the students who volunteered were all girls, and we only saw girls zipping around the halls bringing parents to classrooms.

When girls are allowed to talk and be part of things, they go all in. Boys sit home with their games. They’re mesmerized by zooming & exploding shapes on a screen. They’re not socializing & they're especially not socializing with adults the way the girls were at the school. The girls fly past the boys in terms of verbal, written & social skills.

I’m an ancient dinosaur who went to catholic school in the 50s & 60s. Only boys were allowed to take the nuns blackboard erasers outside and clap them together to get rid of chalk dust. Only boys could be altar boys in the mass. Only boys could come around at lunchtime selling candy from a box (“candy boys” they were called. We had to line up in the schoolyard after getting off the bus, in silent formation with our hands over our hearts and recite the Pledge of Allegiance, led by a nun,p. Every Friday a student was picked to lead the pledge. It was always a boy. Girls weren’t even considered for doing these things. Girls needed to fold their hands on top of their desks & be quiet, because they were little chatterboxes.

When I watched the news on tv, it was newsmen in front of the camera. Game shows, chat shows & tv dramas had hosts and announcers & they were men. Milkman, postman, fireman, policeman, priest, minister, bank superintendent, school principal, store manager, astronaut, scientist, doctor, dentist, pharmacist, athlete.

All were men & nobody thought anything about it. That’s the way it was.

Once females were given an equal footing they rocketed past the boys who were playing video games and obsessing about farts & their dicks.

by Anonymousreply 118December 2, 2019 5:46 PM

∆ The whole issue is that generations of men havnt has to really work at being better than they are they've just expected to get everything that's coming to them despite their mediocre performance. The moment girls aren't actively held back they do better than boys. We need to demand/expect better of boys not accept mediocrity or hold girls back so the boys look better by comparison.

As it happens one way to do this is to have a higher ratio of girls to boys in the classroom boys do better the more girls they work with and worse around other boys.

by Anonymousreply 119December 2, 2019 6:09 PM

The constant male-bashing in the media doesn't help matters much.

by Anonymousreply 120December 2, 2019 6:10 PM

Parents seem happy to allow their sons to spend all their time in front of screens and never learning any social skills.

by Anonymousreply 121December 2, 2019 6:12 PM

So minorities and women should just shut the fuck up and stop trying to improve their lives because white men are whiny losers who can't handle it? Yeah, okay. That'll work.

by Anonymousreply 122December 2, 2019 6:12 PM

And R122 admits he hates gay white men because he hates white men and makes no distinction between the heterosexual white men who are doing the bulk of the whining and the gay white men who are also targeted by said whining.

by Anonymousreply 123December 2, 2019 6:14 PM

So, the salvation of our democratic republic may rest on a plague that takes out the MAGAts? I would prefer we do it at the ballot box but since half the voters or racist morons, this may be the better option.

by Anonymousreply 124December 2, 2019 7:23 PM

R123, I'm not R122, but as a longtime DLer, it's pretty obvious that a lot of gay, white men look for any excuse to EXCUSE Republican behavior at every fucking turn and bash minorities and liberals at every turn. If a brown guy on another continent so much as farts, the thread becomes like a dinnerbell for a lot of you. You fucking whine about being "bashed" for being white men. Really? Show me example after example after example IRL where people literally beat the shit out of you or follow you around to harass you for being a white man and blaming you for mass shootings.

If a white guy in this country goes on a killing spree, no other white men, women and children in this country or any other country have to fear leaving their house to face retribution for what that person did and you fucking know it.

by Anonymousreply 125December 2, 2019 7:24 PM

[quote]The constant male-bashing in the media doesn't help matters much.

Someone hurt your feewings on the mean teevee?

Seriously? This is how fucking weak a lot of you guys are? Jesus Christ, such snowflakes. It doesn't take much.

by Anonymousreply 126December 2, 2019 7:30 PM

[quote]The real enemy is the Uber-rich, people. Keep focused.

Trump isn't actually uber-rich, but he plays one on TV and the racist morons fell for his con, and he is indeed the enemy

The LBJ quote is as relevant today as it was 70 years ago,

The uber rich use race and bigotry to get the whites to keep the rethugs in power so they can steal wealth from the middle and working classes to give themselves obscene tax cuts.

by Anonymousreply 127December 2, 2019 7:52 PM

[quote]The uber rich use race and bigotry to get the whites to keep the rethugs in power so they can steal wealth from the middle and working classes to give themselves obscene tax cuts.

Not exactly. The Uber rich use their financial power to keep themselves rich. It is our political leaders and our social betters who use ethnic divisiveness to keep themselves in political and social power.

In no way can a disunited, polarized electorate change this system. There needs to be a better option than mutual contempt among the 99%, to get the economics of the US back into balance so that the economy works for all of us.

by Anonymousreply 128December 3, 2019 5:05 AM

The rich vote their economic interests. That's why they're rich.

by Anonymousreply 129December 3, 2019 5:21 AM

[quote]The Uber rich use their financial power to keep themselves rich. It is our political leaders and our social betters who use ethnic divisiveness to keep themselves in political and social power.

they keep themselves rich by not paying taxes and having the government eliminate regulations. to do this they buy the political leaders who will do their bidding, promoting racism and ethnic bigotry allow them to do this See, Adelson, Koch, Mercer, etc.

by Anonymousreply 130December 3, 2019 11:27 PM

[quote]The rich vote their economic interests. That's why they're rich.

the wealth is so concentrated in small numbers that they could never maintain their position by merely voting.....there aren't enough of them to effect an election by voting

they need to rouse the rabble to elect the enablers who siphon wealth from the middle and working classes and funnel it to their superwealthy owners. this is the great trump/rethughlican con game. steal from the poor and give to the rich

by Anonymousreply 131December 3, 2019 11:31 PM

POLITICO: Judge in Michael Flynn case signals sentencing will be off until January at the earliest and grants the former Trump national security advisor's request to get his passport back to go to South Korea for the Christmas-New Year break.

You know, just like any of us common folk who might be convicted of crimes would be allowed to gallivant around the world by the judge in advance of our sentencing.

by Anonymousreply 132December 3, 2019 11:33 PM

^^Apologies, wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 133December 3, 2019 11:35 PM

R123 It doesn't matter, gay white men are still white men. Theres an abundance of privilege that comes with that. Just like flame monroe said, a gay white man with a purse and heels is still a white man in America. That very true rather you like it or not.

R125 True, gay white men are just as bad as their "straight" counterparts. And they are the most delusional too. And they are definitely not minorities either. They are still white men, gay or straight. They are still white men.

by Anonymousreply 134December 4, 2019 12:15 AM

[quote][R123] It doesn't matter, gay white men are still white men. Theres an abundance of privilege that comes with that.

What bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 135December 4, 2019 4:13 AM

Rethuglican governance can be hazardous to your health and shorten life expectancy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 4, 2019 2:08 PM

John McCain and Mitt Romney each won the Republican primaries with fewer than 10 million votes. That's why they were easy pickings for Trump. Republicans are not a mass party. They represent the 1% and the military and that's it. At any time during the last twenty years, an enterprising NEA or AFSCME could have taken over the Republican party and steered it in a new direction by simply getting their members to vote in the Republican primary. Since Trump, the Republicans are trying as quickly as they can to do away with primaries to allow the 1% and military to continue to control the party in the absence of any popular support. This is why American democracy is broken. One of the two parties is just a scam, and unrepresentative criminal Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organization under the meaning of the RICO Act. The Republican party is not a party, it is merely an organized criminal enterprise. Until that is fixed, the US does not have a democracy or a republic.

by Anonymousreply 137December 4, 2019 2:17 PM

R137, this is why I don't understand people who think every asshole Republican is "compromised" by Russia. They don't seem to understand that these Reps like McConnell or Kennedy have special interest right here who benefit from Trump being president and that the idiot will sign anything they put in front of him which benefits them. Having people scream "Russia" every five secs takes the onus off of the 1% here.

Russia may have contributed to the chaos, but the 1% enjoy the fact that EVERYTHING is blamed on Russia and people "look over there" instead of the 1%'s hand in the destruction of the country.

by Anonymousreply 138December 4, 2019 4:27 PM

"And in return they will expect extra protection and that the officer will overlook any code violation s"

by Anonymousreply 139December 5, 2019 3:04 AM

Whiteness is a mental illness

by Anonymousreply 140June 20, 2021 3:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!